• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Today was a good night. I unlocked almost all of the new Team Objective sets! I'm only missing 1 drop for the Star Glasses and I'm done! :D

Edit:

One thing I really noticed in the matches I played is that they were very laggy. I've had laggy matches in the past, but this time it seems like it's happening in every match. I guess with the addition of trophies, it's brought back a lot of people that unfortunately lag.

I've noticed way more lag and tryhards in team-based playlists (TDM/TO). Probably because 90% of the player pool (aka lone wolfs) have migrated to the Lab.

That's why I'm against Mercenary, because our small (compared to MW3/BF3) player pool just can't afford it...

The Default/DLC separation was a bad idea from the beginning and now we have another split between Mercenary Lab and team-based modes. :|

ps1: Not to mention increased ragequitting. I've met a stacked party of 5 in TDM/Fort and they ALL ragequit! Thank god I didn't spend a ticket in that match. I don't think that ND would reimburse me.

Sorry guys, but that's why I don't enjoy playing against parties. Most of them are laggy & ragequitting pussies!

ps2: At least the Lab is only temporary for 2 weeks.

I've noticed way more lag and tryhards in team-based playlists (TDM/TO). Probably because 90% of the player pool (aka lone wolfs) have migrated to the Lab.

That's why I'm against Mercenary, because our small (compared to MW3/BF3) player pool just can't afford it...

The Default/DLC separation was a bad idea from the beginning and now we have another split between Mercenary Lab and team-based modes. :|

ps1: Not to mention increased ragequitting. I've met a stacked party of 5 in TDM/Fort and they ALL ragequit! Thank god I didn't spend a ticket in that match. I don't think that ND would reimburse me.

Sorry guys, but that's why I don't enjoy playing against parties. Most of them are laggy & ragequitting pussies!

ps2: At least the Lab is only temporary for 2 weeks.

I truly wish more games penalized quitting in a much more serious way. It's the only way you're ever going to curtail it.

Unfortunately developers don't want to do anything to upset these quitting babies, because of course they want to sell as many map packs as possible, etc. So they just let them quit whenever they want, with a very tiny penalty.

I don't even play that much UC3 MP, but I play a lot of Call of Duty and it's just as common there, and the penalty is so minor it's irrelevant.

Xdye7

Today was a good night. I unlocked almost all of the new Team Objective sets! I'm only missing 1 drop for the Star Glasses and I'm done! :D

Damn son! Were you racking up the kills like a madman or did you just get lucky?

I'm playing TO until I unlock the Yeti Mask or Camo Cap then I'm getting the fuck out of there. Solo TDM ftw.

This Lab is awesome. As someone who never gets the chance to party up with anyone, it feels really good to have a nice level playing field in each match. As a lone wolf, playing with a bunch of other lone wolfs in TDM against a party of 4-5 dudes is frustrating.

I truly wish more games penalized quitting in a much more serious way. It's the only way you're ever going to curtail it.

Unfortunately developers don't want to do anything to upset these quitting babies, because of course they want to sell as many map packs as possible, etc. So they just let them quit whenever they want, with a very tiny penalty.

I don't even play that much UC3 MP, but I play a lot of Call of Duty and it's just as common there, and the penalty is so minor it's irrelevant.
Agreed.

Did you know that it's still possible to erase your match KDR if you XMB sign out? You will get a loss, but nobody seems to care about their WLR anymore.

i'm not joking ..i have no problem with the 2 new characters
Ok, my point was that they exclude 2 characters from the UC universe because of some faux integrity about them not fitting in with UC3 (despite other characters from past titles being in the game already) but it's perfectly ok to have goofy yak masks and beer helmets...?

Dibbz

Ok, my point was that they exclude 2 characters from the UC universe because of some faux integrity about them not fitting in with UC3 (despite other characters from past titles being in the game already) but it's perfectly ok to have goofy yak masks and beer helmets...?

It's clear whoever said that was just covering for someone else. When UC3 first came out I'm pretty sure that it was stated that Rika and Pilkington's models were not compatible or would need some work done to them to get them into UC3.

What's worse than a few models not being in the multiplayer is the running up stairs animation is missing. Really ruins the game for me. To make matters worse they've just made a shit ton of new animations for the taunts. Where is my stairs animation ND? Where is it?? :(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

I truly believe we're seeing more try-hard parties of 5 in these modes because of:

1) Tournament system ND implemented. People want to die less and kill a lot. Partying up guarantees that they will never face another party of 5 and will just noob stomp the randoms that get matched up against them. Also, since they are partied up, it's a guarantee win so they don't have to worry about wasting a ticket. That's why there's an increase in parties in regular TDM at the moment (as it if it wasn't bad enough before).
2) DLC trophies. I've seen people with ridiculous KDR's with hardly any objective points or Plunder captures playing these modes lately and they're always in a party. Probably to get the 300k Obj points/50 win Obj wins/win 50 Plunder matches trophies.
3) New treasure sets

Even with these reasons, playing TDM as a lone wolf was a nightmare prior to this lab because you'd still run into try-hard parties and you'd get the most unfair teams ever. Can you really blame people if they migrated to a mode where they're guaranteed not to face parties? I certainly can't. I really do love this lab because of that very reason alone.

Agreed on parties of 5 usually being pussies/sore losers/quitters most of the time in addition to always using the cheapest of loadouts. They really do need to make a punishment for the people who quit when they're in a party of 4/5.

Are you also serious about the XMB sign out? LOL holy shit. Didn't ND say that it would give you a loss and your KDR of that match will still apply to your stats? what in the fuck.

Damn son! Were you racking up the kills like a madman or did you just get lucky?

I'm playing TO until I unlock the Yeti Mask or Camo Cap then I'm getting the fuck out of there. Solo TDM ftw.
You know me, I do get decent kills in every match and with treasure hunter gold, I get a shitload of drops. I do think it was just a lucky night for me because I was playing with a friend who was also getting decent kills with treasure hunter gold, but he didn't unlock anything. He did manage to get a few of the new sets, though!

Xdye7

Just kidding, TO is unbearable now. You can't get into a match without facing anything less than a party of 3. It's not even fun anymore. I kept playing anyways because I wanted to get the treasures but I couldn't take it anymore after having the laggiest match of my life. Oh, and no new treasures to top it all off.

Switched over to the Lab; man that was a blast. It should definitely be a permanent playlist.

Additionally, I ran into two good forumers and we were put on the same team for two out of three matches we played together. Other than us three, all of the other players were new for every match. This matchmaking system has no skill level sorting; we all had the best stats by far and we were put on the same team twice in a row. This needs to be fixed.

---

Anybody notice that the aim assist was reduced across the board? It seems nobody on the NDF has figured it out. They've noticed they've been playing way worse right when patch 1.13 went live, but that's it. Anyways, I like the change.

Also, does it feel like the running speed while blindfiring has been increased (to be the same as the normal running speed) to anyone else?

---

300k Obj points

Isn't it just 3000? 300,000 seems very excessive.

You know me, I do get decent kills in every match and with treasure hunter gold, I get a shitload of drops. I do think it was just a lucky night for me because I was playing with a friend who was also getting decent kills with treasure hunter gold, but he didn't unlock anything. He did manage to get a few of the new sets, though!

Hmm, I'm probably just unlucky then. I'm getting around 10-15 drops each match. I'm even getting a lot of the "old" rare treasures but barely anything new; only 4 "new" treasures in total so far.

I'd agree that Mercenary playlist should be a permanent playlist, but unfortunately, I can't ever see it become one. Like tapantaola said, it won't work with the player pool.

I truly believe we're seeing more try-hard parties of 5 in these modes because of:

1) Tournament system ND implemented. People want to die less and kill a lot. Partying up guarantees that they will never face another party of 5 and will just noob stomp the randoms that get matched up against them. Also, since they are partied up, it's a guarantee win so they don't have to worry about wasting a ticket. That's why there's an increase in parties in regular TDM at the moment (as it if it wasn't bad enough before).
Points = [1000 + (100*kills) + (25*assists) – (80*deaths)] * [1.2-(party size*0.2)]

Playing in a stacked party of 5 is not very beneficial point-wise.

2) DLC trophies. I've seen people with ridiculous KDR's with hardly any objective points or Plunder captures playing these modes lately and they're always in a party. Probably to get the 300k Obj points/50 win Obj wins/win 50 Plunder matches trophies.
3) New treasure sets
Actually I believe that the player pool has increased a lot since 1.13, but the problem is that most casuals/lone wolfs spend their time in the Lab.

There are also a lot of people playing Co-op to level up. Unfortunately this doesn't help to reduce lag at all...

Even with these reasons, playing TDM as a lone wolf was a nightmare prior to this lab because you'd still run into try-hard parties and you'd get the most unfair teams ever. Can you really blame people if they migrated to a mode where they're guaranteed not to face parties? I certainly can't. I really do love this lab because of that very reason alone.
I don't blame people, I blame ND for splitting the player pool (Default/DLC, new playlists, Mercenary VS TDM etc.)

They can do a lot of stuff to reduce lag:

1) Release a free2play version of UC3 MP a la KZ3 (they already make a shitload of money off of microtransactions).

2) Consolidate 10-player modes (TDM/Plunder/TO/Hardcore/Elimination/Lab and maybe Classic Mode) into a single playlist (All Competitive).

I realize that this is a radical proposal, but it would bring more variety and less lag. Variety is the spice of life after all, right?

Many people complained about the G-MAL, because there was no "variety". Variety should apply to everything, not just weapons.

Agreed on parties of 5 usually being pussies/sore losers/quitters most of the time in addition to always using the cheapest of loadouts. They really do need to make a punishment for the people who quit when they're in a party of 4/5.
The ideal solution to curb ragequitting would be to count deaths only (it would hurt their "precious" KDR) and Unluckies.

Are you also serious about the XMB sign out? LOL holy shit. Didn't ND say that it would give you a loss and your KDR of that match will still apply to your stats? what in the fuck.
Your match KDR will only be saved if you use the in-game "Leave Game" option. Many people abuse the XMB sign out trick, though.

Gorillaz

Would like to reiterate the fact that this lab should be a regular playlist. So much more fun than playing full parties of five when going solo.

I would rather have a summer beta playlist or a UC2 pre 1.05 playlist that ND was talking about.

But mercenary is better then nothing since it's nothing but tryhards on now.I feel like it's early UC3 days with people going full party.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
They've fixed the Airstrip glitch as well as a spawn fix in Syria..so no more getting spawn killed by the T-bolt!

TripOpt55

I would rather have a summer beta playlist or a UC2 pre 1.05 playlist that ND was talking about.

But mercenary is better then nothing since it's nothing but tryhards on now.I feel like it's early UC3 days with people going full party.
Oh well I'd much rather have some kind of pre-1.05 UC2 playlist. That'd be awesome. By far my favorite version of Uncharted multiplayer.

Gorillaz

Oh well I'd much rather have some kind of pre-1.05 UC2 playlist. That'd be awesome. By far my favorite version of Uncharted multiplayer.

Likewise,also I still like UC3 but I wish it wasn't so class based. I feel UC is a better game with weapon-on-map spawns. I feel their is a unbalance between each loadout weapon.

TripOpt55

Likewise,also I still like UC3 but I wish it wasn't so class based. I feel UC is a better game with weapon-on-map spawns. I feel their is a unbalance between each loadout weapon.

Yeah, loadouts was the big mistake they made with Uncharted 3 I think. Especially since there always seems to be a "best" weapon which you are kind of forced to use at times. All the other stuff (mods and kickbacks) they added just kind of compounds the imbalances I think. The weapon pickup system felt really balanced in 2 and I just miss the simplicity of Uncharted 2's multiplayer. Everyone started out the same (except for a couple shitty boosters) and it was just you, your skills and your knowledge of the maps. In fact, I would have eliminated boosters and never added stuff like kickbacks and weapon mods. I don't need a bunch of stuff to unlock. I just like playing for the competition. They could have still added the treasure system and just had it unlock cosmetic stuff and had a more modular character customization. That would have been a preferred direction for me. Plus I like some of the new modes like Team Objective, 3 team deathmatch and free for all, so they could have focused just more on the new modes and maybe more actual new maps.

You seem really angry lol

You're the one who made the incorrect assumption, not me.

I was talking about the game, making some comments, and you derailed it because of some fanboyish comment about map count. Just let it go.

If you disagreed with what I said, fine, say that and back it up. But don't bring out incorrect facts and a constant train of 'lols' to try and defend your point.

What about the guns. I'll pay 50 cents for a AK with an extra clip size and fast reload. And maybe I'll buy one skeleton so I can have one. Fuck grinding that shit out.

jett

D-Member

Mikey Jr.

Kinda stupid that they are character specific. It wouldn't be a big deal if they didn't have stats on them.

There definitely should be some bundle deals though.

GRIP

I really think I need to take a long break from this game. It has become insanely frustrating with map weights going back to LU and Airstrip as pretty much the default maps to the game(non DLC, anyway), blind firing is most players method of choice for getting kills, and there are just way too many full teams in match making now.

On my first point with the maps... yeah, those two have once again taken over the map selection. My cinema file currently shows that 13 of my last 16 matches took place on one of the two maps (I have four locked files from a while ago). This is an insane problem to have AGAIN.

Second gripe, regarding blind firing...... now that the g-mal has been nerfed the vast majority of players have gone to the m-9. Which doesn't seem like it would be a problem, but there is just SOOOOO MUCH blind firing going on that it makes it almost impossible to not want to throw your controller at the TV. Even with the M9's blind firing being nerfed 10%, it really doesn't seem to have done much, and certainly isn't as significant as the 10% added recoil to the g-mal. Especially since the M-9 has a blind fire mod that seems to negate the nerf entirely (for those who have Flynn's M9, or use this mod, you won't notice a difference). I don't even want to get started with RoF.

Lastly, the teams... This isn't something I have a big problem with. I understand this is a huge patch and is bringing a lot of people either back to the game, or getting some people to play more than have in past months. Honestly, this was expected, but it still sucks for those who role solo mostly and are constantly outmatched with almost no chance of winning a game or even doing well. Simple solution would be to just team up with others to combat this, but with the tournament feature, we are discouraged to do so.

Sorry for the rant, but I have put in a lot of hours with this game, and I've never been so frustrated playing it as I have been for the last few days.

I really think I need to take a long break from this game. It has become insanely frustrating with map weights going back to LU and Airstrip as pretty much the default maps to the game(non DLC, anyway), blind firing is most players method of choice for getting kills, and there are just way too many full teams in match making now.

On my first point with the maps... yeah, those two have once again taken over the map selection. My cinema file currently shows that 13 of my last 16 matches took place on one of the two maps (I have four locked files from a while ago). This is an insane problem to have AGAIN.

Second gripe, regarding blind firing...... now that the g-mal has been nerfed the vast majority of players have gone to the m-9. Which doesn't seem like it would be a problem, but there is just SOOOOO MUCH blind firing going on that it makes it almost impossible to not want to throw your controller at the TV. Even with the M9's blind firing being nerfed 10%, it really doesn't seem to have done much, and certainly isn't as significant as the 10% added recoil to the g-mal. Especially since the M-9 has a blind fire mod that seems to negate the nerf entirely (for those who have Flynn's M9, or use this mod, you won't notice a difference). I don't even want to get started with RoF.

Lastly, the teams... This isn't something I have a big problem with. I understand this is a huge patch and is bringing a lot of people either back to the game, or getting some people to play more than have in past months. Honestly, this was expected, but it still sucks for those who role solo mostly and are constantly outmatched with almost no chance of winning a game or even doing well. Simple solution would be to just team up with others to combat this, but with the tournament feature, we are discouraged to do so.

Sorry for the rant, but I have put in a lot of hours with this game, and I've never been so frustrated playing it as I have been for the last few days.
Solution: bail out and play Resistance 3 and/or Starhawk as I have. Or go back to UC2. UC3 has become a circus with boosters, kickbacks, mods and now stat affecting equipment. It's just so goofy and void of the series' typical charm. Why can't it just be treasure hunters fighting each other? Why the hell did it become militaristic and full of bullshit at the same time?

Hey Rewrite,

I noticed you mentioned you have the Treasure Hunter booster. Level 1 mentions better chance of drops from chests, but the next 2 levels are worded differently. Do you get more drops from kills with level 2 and 3? :)

iLLmAtlc

Hey Rewrite,

I noticed you mentioned you have the Treasure Hunter booster. Level 1 mentions better chance of drops from chests, but the next 2 levels are worded differently. Do you get more drops from kills with level 2 and 3? :)

Yes you will get a ton of extra drops from kills with treasure hunter at 3

BHK3

Banned
Solution: bail out and play Resistance 3 and/or Starhawk as I have. Or go back to UC2. UC3 has become a circus with boosters, kickbacks, mods and now stat affecting equipment. It's just so goofy and void of the series' typical charm. Why can't it just be treasure hunters fighting each other? Why the hell did it become militaristic and full of bullshit at the same time?

Welcome to more then one year ago when they showed the first multiplayer trailer.

I haven't played a big multiplayer game seriously since last year as well since every game I've played either turned out horrible(U3) or died because of severe incompetence(twisted metal).

Man people can be babies when it comes to U3. If you don't like the perks and boosters and crap just play Hardcore mode. That's what it's for. The game has been heavy on the customization of skills and boosters since the first beta. Don't like it, fine but we don't have to hear it every week " I don't like this map" "I'm not buying any DLC" "This gun is stupid" "Kickbacks are cheap". That's how the game is meant to be and there are some of us that like it like that. Deal with it or move on.

hao chi

Man people can be babies when it comes to U3. If you don't like the perks and boosters and crap just play Hardcore mode. That's what it's for. The game has been heavy on the customization of skills and boosters since the first beta. Don't like it, fine but we don't have to hear it every week " I don't like this map" "I'm not buying any DLC" "This gun is stupid" "Kickbacks are cheap". That's how the game is meant to be and there are some of us that like it like that. Deal with it or move on.

I think the general consensus is the health is too high in Hardcore.

Or people like the core idea of the game, liked how it used to be in a previous iteration and now are disappointed with certain aspects. I keep coming back because the core game is rather unique and potentially amazing, but is hampered by a me too atmosphere bloated with try-hards which dilutes the core gameplay. Traversal, cover and treasure hunting are almost forgotten about.

TripOpt55

Or people can continue to voice their issues and you can deal with it? I still enjoy playing the game, but everytime I play it, it reminds me how far it has gotten from what I loved about Uncharted multiplayer to begin with. They made a huge patch. People are welcome to come back in with impressions whether good or bad about what has happened. What is the issue here? And everyone knows hardcore doesn't solve all our issues, so get out with that.

Constructive critisims and voicing opinions is fine but this thread is just constant bitching. Only a couple of regular posters around here ever have anything positive to say. I understand that some may like Uncharted 2 style of MP better or even an earlier version of U3 but U3 is what it is because that ND feels what it should be like. I felt the same way too when U2 dropped the health down by almost double in the one update. It sucks that what you want isn't 100% how it is now but really the fundamentals are all still there. I am just so tired of everyone ragging on this game all the time is all.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
One thing I didn't like in this patch was the addition of the customization items having perks in them. What if I just want to wear a piece just because it looks cool? I have to be hindered in some way just by wearing it while I gain something out of it. I feel like it can also create some imbalance in this game due to some of the perks, with the 3D glasses being the biggest offender (forgot the exact %, but you do more damage if you're aiming at the head). Some of the items have call out in them too and it works with any weapon, including pistols. Theoretically, people can have 3 modded weapons if they were to use Weapon Expert with it.

How are you guys doing with the trophies? I think I've gotten about 13 trophies so far.

tapantaola said:
I don't blame people, I blame ND for splitting the player pool (Default/DLC, new playlists, Mercenary VS TDM etc.)

They can do a lot of stuff to reduce lag:

1) Release a free2play version of UC3 MP a la KZ3 (they already make a shitload of money off of microtransactions).

2) Consolidate 10-player modes (TDM/Plunder/TO/Hardcore/Elimination/Lab and maybe Classic Mode) into a single playlist (All Competitive).

I realize that this is a radical proposal, but it would bring more variety and less lag. Variety is the spice of life after all, right?

Many people complained about the G-MAL, because there was no "variety". Variety should apply to everything, not just weapons.
I don't like your #2 idea even though I know it'll work if they were to do it.

#1 should be a given if they were smart enough to do it. Hell, release the MP as a standalone thing on PSN like with Killzone 3. Even if they don't go with a free 2 play model, the maps should be given away for free. See, this microtransaction thing wouldn't have bothered me if the maps were free in the first place. Like I said in an earlier post, the maps should always be free while the cosmetic stuff we're getting next week should be DLC. No splitting the player pool, no default/DLC toggle option would ever be needed in the first place.

Xdye7

One thing I didn't like in this patch was the addition of the customization items having perks in them. What if I just want to wear a piece just because it looks cool? I have to be hindered in some way just by wearing it while I gain something out of it.

This. For example, Cutter's backwards cap is awesome but the perks are stupid.

I have 0.81 left in my account and I've been wanting to spend it on one of the upcoming "microtransactions". I hope the E3 AK is 50 cents.

Another thing, does anybody play with controller vibration off? I've been having to charge my controller more often so I turned vibration off to save battery, which was when I figured out I like this game way more without the vibration. The only thing I miss is the vibration when taking damage and the heartbeat effect when you're low health.

jett

D-Member
I just got a funky background in MP with those colored blocks. Are those mesh maps on the rotation yet?

edit: Man kills give you such a miserable amount of money, even in TDM. Was playing the lab, won 22-4 and only got 2.7k from kills. :|

Top Bottom