• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

if there is one things that i wish to changed in uncharted MP ..it's that annoying situation.

I'm playing a co-op map.

Teammate get hurt , i cannot help him if i don't kill the ennemis before ( i got plenty of time to do so ) , ennemies drop a grenade when killed ..
Press triangle to pick the grenade and toss it but instead i begin to heal my teammate

grenade explose , teammate is dead , i'm hurt

i wish i could have another prompt JUST TO prevent this annoying situation ...

Seriously

Mr. Fix

Co-op would have been awesome if they kept the 3 tries rule. That way, if you're paired with dummies, you could just wait it out for their respawn.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Great games yesterday, tapantaola! I had a ton of fun, even when I got split to the other team. Fix this shit, ND!

Great games yesterday, tapantaola! I had a ton of fun, even when I got split to the other team. Fix this shit, ND!
Yeah, good games! The last one went from 4-1 to 4-4 and it ended 5-4.

At least there is a workaround to prevent team splitting: the party leader should always back out after every match.

Btw, has anyone else noticed more match disconnections since 1.13? The game freezes and I'm kicked back to the lobby.

Lots of friends have the same problem as well. I asked EvangM about it and he said that they are aware of it, but they don't know the cause yet.

SxP

Anyone know how to save sensitivity settings in MP?

Cock sucker keeps resetting itself everytime I turn it off.

Your profile is bugged. Under Saved Data (PS3) (or something like that) go to the uncharted 3 save file that says profile and delete it. Now when you make the changes next time you boot up the game, it'll stick.

Deleting your profile does delete the treasures, statistics and maybe more from the single player, but I don't know exactly what. Shouldn't be a problem if you don't play any SP though.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Btw, has anyone else noticed more match disconnections since 1.13? The game freezes and I'm kicked back to the lobby.

Lots of friends have the same problem as well. I asked EvangM about it and he said that they are aware of it, but they don't know the cause yet.
Yep. I have noticed that whenever I get removed from the game (it's happening in TDM lately for me), it's towards the end of the match when the kill mark is 40...

It's really annoying because I was 2 kills away from getting my 5th rampant and I was removed from the game for no reason. :(

Anyone know how to save sensitivity settings in MP?

Cock sucker keeps resetting itself everytime I turn it off.
If the above method that SxP mentioned doesn't work (it worked for me), you can try going into the single player and saving your settings from there. I've read that also saves your settings.

Mikey Jr.

Thanks guys for the info. I think I may have fixed it. We'll see.

Also, what the fuck is with the DLC weight. I haven't played any of the flashback maps in AGES.

Mikey Jr.

You can see what it looks like on this page. http://uncharted.wikia.com/wiki/Uncharted_3:_Drake's_Deception_multiplayer_ranks

A non black max legacy rank is great though, because the legacies before that and the lvl 70 icons were so dull. And they are pretty much all you see.

Yeah, everyone has a black rank now. It is pretty dull.

I'm 21x4 right now, trying to get there. God damn, it is going to take a while.

But, 5th legacy is the LAST rank, right?

Are they planning more?

Xdye7

Has anybody bought any of the new customization pieces?

I bought Cutter's Paw Hat. There are other cool pieces, but for characters I don't like.

Can anyone confirm that you get the extra perks if you purchase hats from the PS store or do you need to grind the equivalent treasure sets first?

Xdye7

Can anyone confirm that you get the extra perks if you purchase hats from the PS store or do you need to grind the equivalent treasure sets first?

The DLC customization pieces for the non-custom characters are only obtainable by purchasing them from the PSN store. No treasures involved.

Cutter's Paw Hat seems to be working for me other than the +10% Scope Zoom (the -5% strafing speed is working), which probably isn't working because the (Scope Zoom) mod itself was broken as of 1.13.

GRIP

Yeah, everyone has a black rank now. It is pretty dull.

I'm 21x4 right now, trying to get there. God damn, it is going to take a while.

But, 5th legacy is the LAST rank, right?

Are they planning more?

Ran into a dude last night that was rank 50 on his 5th legacy, and I'm pretty sure the guy at the top of the leaderboards (Ibiza Twist) is almost maxed out. I understand these guys probably just want to be the first players to reach max level, but holy shit the patch just came out a week ago.

I'm definitely not in any rush to get through the last two legacies.

The DLC customization pieces for the non-custom characters are only obtainable by purchasing them from the PSN store. No treasures involved.

Cutter's Paw Hat seems to be working for me other than the +10% Scope Zoom (the -5% strafing speed is working), which probably isn't working because the (Scope Zoom) mod itself was broken as of 1.13.
I've heard that you can only purchase the cosmetic element, but you have to grind the equivalent treasure set to get the extra perks.

Ran into a dude last night that was rank 50 on his 5th legacy, and I'm pretty sure the guy at the top of the leaderboards (Ibiza Twist) is almost maxed out. I understand these guys probably just want to be the first players to reach max level, but holy shit the patch just came out a week ago.

Ibiza, Miracle and others share their accounts and play with shifts 24/7/365. Like The-Legend-10 in UC2 MP.

I wonder why Sony/ND hasn't banned them yet... it's very easy to see that they login from different internet connections (IP address) and different consoles (MAC address).

Xdye7

Interesting.

In regards to the headgear:

Eric-ND said:
In Stage 1 nothing can be unlocked as in-game reward. You’ll have to buy it to wear it or use it.

With regard to all head items, there are 27 stat combinations, one positive and one negative on each item. All head items with stats will use one of these 27 stat combinations. Players will have access to all 27 stat combinations via grinding. However, to get certain head items with stats that appeal to your personal aesthetic you'll have to buy them. In other words, the stat combinations you’ll get in items that are available for purchase will not be unique from the ones you can grind to earn.

Mikey Jr.

I probably made a mistake going for 4th legacy. Going 1 to 75 is pretty quick, so that wasn't a problem for me. I figure I would do the same.

But yeah, just going from level 1 to 2 took like a whole game for me. For the other legacies, 1 game would bring me up to like level 5 or 6.

I wish they advertised that the exp amounts to level up were higher. Ohh well, I made my bed, now I have to lay in it.

Interesting.

In regards to the headgear:

The ONLY one I might buy is the one that gives to 25% headshot damage. 25% damage for 50 cents? Sure, why not.

Btw, tournament rewards are out.

---------
LOL!!!!

Gold guns don't have mod level caps. The fuck is this? A level 1 could buy rof mod for m9. The shit?

You dont even have to buy them. They are all unlocked.

jett

D-Member
I probably made a mistake going for 4th legacy. Going 1 to 75 is pretty quick, so that wasn't a problem for me. I figure I would do the same.

But yeah, just going from level 1 to 2 took like a whole game for me. For the other legacies, 1 game would bring me up to like level 5 or 6.

I wish they advertised that the exp amounts to level up were higher. Ohh well, I made my bed, now I have to lay in it

They actually said this would happen.

I'm happy with my level 2 legacy, i'm not doing that crap again.

I thought it was just me! Today wasn't too bad, but yesterday I got disconnected from 4 matches. Including a TDM (Lab) where I was currently 14-3. :(

Man, I don't want this Lab to end.

BHK3

Banned
I've heard that you can only purchase the cosmetic element, but you have to grind the equivalent treasure set to get the extra perks.

Ibiza, Miracle and others share their accounts and play with shifts 24/7/365. Like The-Legend-10 in UC2 MP.

I wonder why Sony/ND hasn't banned them yet... it's very easy to see that they login from different internet connections (IP address) and different consoles (MAC address).

Why would they ban them? They're not doing anything wrong.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
bu bu but if I capture it and stay outside the hill, we'll get points!!

god, fucking idiots.

Yesterday was such a frustrating night to play. I needed 4 more wins for the Win 50 Team Objective trophy, and I could NOT fucking get it because I lost every match. I must have played 10 matches as a lone wolf, and I lost all 10 of them. It wasn't until I partied up with another friend that I managed to win and get it. I was constantly getting on the mic to tell my useless team to help, but they just wouldn't get it. What's more frustrating is that I still managed to tie up 2-2 on some games, but always lost Deathmatch. All that hard work and struggle for nothing. That's why I wish that Naughty Dog would add more character dialogue in this game so that my character can say "HELP, we're losing the hill!, stay inside the hill to get points!, we've got to capture/recapture the other turfs" so that these fools get it through their head.

Why do I always get stuck with the fucking split screeners? I really detest split screeners in this game so much...

Then this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPHXnvObsU8&feature=plcp

Just......

How.

Xdye7

The craziest thing just happened in Arena. I killed three kickback bosses at once with the Hammer and they all dropped treasures. Turned out to be the rare for Chloe's Winter Hat.

---

Now that the dust has settled, what do you guys think about the G-MAL nerf? I personally think it's fine and still a very good weapon. It just took a little getting used to.

Patch 1.14 is up in EU:

EvangM wrote:

Complete changelist
  • Previously purchased characters and emblems will be properly unlocked for Legacy players
  • Djinn and Guerro voiceovers have been restored
  • Wins/Losses obtained in the Lab playlist will not be counted on the Leaderboards or on a player’s personal stats card
  • Rate of Fire mod for M9 has been tuned to be slightly lower than previous value
  • Scoped Zoom mod fixed
  • Lab updated with blockmesh Lab Map 1 and parties are allowed again
  • Matchmaking map weights adjusted for DLC map owners (DLC maps tuned to have much higher priority, disc-based maps are lowest priority)

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Multiplayer-General/Patch-1-14-notes/td-p/37915873

Mikey Jr.

Get ready for rof mod crybabies. I can already taste the tears.

Cant wait to try the block mesh maps.

Edit can anyone comment on the mesh maps? Im at work for another 4 hours so i cant see jack shit.

GRIP

Get ready for rof mod crybabies. I can already taste the tears.

In all fairness, I think RoF on the M9 is cheaper than the G-Mal ever was. It's extremely efficient in CQ and mid range gun battles, and still pretty good at long range. I mean I'm not upset at all about the G-Mal nerf, because the gun is still effective, but RoF was a pretty big issue before the patch and it is definitely going to become an enormous issue now that so many people are using it. I think getting rid of RoF would make the gun balance in the game almost perfect.

For those who remember my woes, I did finally switch tvs to a 27 inch boober. I noticed the lack of lag right away but the screen size counterbalanced that... That and the game is still fucking retarded. Warping around corners, no one dying, warp from mid-air and grapple hook me back towards the ledge for a pull down, Blind fire to 2 elbows being ineffective. I quit. In a household with my 2 and a half year old, I can no longer settle down with this madness. Back to broken Uc2 and other MPs. Until ND lightens up with some adventuring in their UC mp, I'm ok not playing shooty bang bang with a heavy dose of eenie meenie miney moe when it comes to every manner of melee face-offs, treasure drops and overall balance thanks to perkoostermods. Mock away.

GRIP

Nothing is being removed. This isn't the beta.

EDIT:

http://community.us.playstation.com/.../td-p/37916293

lmfao

I'm not expecting it. Just saying that RoF is really the only thing left in the game that I think is OP. I think without the RoF mod, each gun is equally as useful and the efficiency of each weapon would be up to the person using it.

ND has nerfed weapons that the community have had a problem with (Fal-SS, G-Mal). I could definitely see them giving the RoF mod a nerf like added recoil.

jred2k

The mesh map is alright. The traversal is pretty cool at first, but there really isn't a whole lot to it. The aesthetic just kind of wears off quick and its just TDM.

It doesn't really feel like something worth having an entire Lab designated to. I'd rather have just kept the Mercenary TDM.

eloestmn

Saw this on the ND section of the sony forum.

Upcoming Labs
Aug 15: Block Mesh Map 1 Lab

September 4: Spas / Mag 5 Team Deathmatch

September 18: Block Mesh Map 2

October 2 : Plunder Pistols only

The mesh map is kind of fun. But...there's just one. :( I got bored of it after 4 or 5 matches. I hope they add more.

I miss the Mercenaries Lab already. It was awesome!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
SPAS/Mag 5...

why.

Mercenaries Lab will be greatly missed...

That's cool about Pistols only Plunder making a comeback.

Top Bottom