• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Xdye7

Come on. No mesh map comments?

It's bland and boring.

It feels like it was supposed to be a full-fledged map and they gave up designing it...

Bingo.

October 2 : Plunder Pistols only

ND is really taking their time with these labs. ~2 weeks is far too long.

SPAS/Mag 5...

why.

AKA Mag-5 only. There's no reason to use the SAS over the Mag-5 unless you run out of ammo.

I would use the SAS because Lazarevic's lines were made for that gun.

IT'S A BLOODBATH!

---

The M9 ROF nerf isn't even noticeable. I bet they didn't even adjust it.

Anyways, thanks for the games Gear2nd. I'll be sure to use Sir Francis Drake alongside Weapon Expert, M9 ROF, Arm-Micro ROF, Revenge, and Cluster Bomb whenever I play with you.

I met a stacked party from France in the Lab and they ALL ragequit!

Wow, just wow... too bad that we cannot ban human stupidity!

I also love the fact that there is still a voting screen in the Lab, although there is only one map.

Is it so hard to remove voting from this Lab and instead add it to the Airstrip/London intros? Common sense isn't ND's strongest point obviously...

Man I got so mad last night. I was playing the lab (I LOVE the map btw) and had an amazing play. A 5NA+Hard Target+Fury. I was so happy and it looked so cool. I can't wait to upload this play. Then I realized that the Lab no longer saves in Cinema. I was furious. Why ND? Why? Just because the lab doesn't track stats anymore. It used to save Lab matches. Whelp I guess I'm never gonna play anymore Labs or this amazing map. The block map is seriously one of the best maps. Now I'm sad.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The Block Map Lab is pretty cool IMO. I like the concept of the blocks; the problem is that people just camp at the top spots of the map. That's not necessary a huge problem, because I can just snipe them away easily, though. It does kill the fun factor a bit, but it's no biggie. One thing I don't like however, is that when you're constantly getting shot and your screen turns white, you can't see shit at all because everything is too bright. Unfortunately, I won't be playing it that much because it just feels pointless when stats don't count. I've never cared if I go negative (hello, 250+ unlucky medals) or do amazingly well, but now it doesn't matter because nothing carries over. It's a TDM variant lab, they should always count.

Xdye7

The Block Map Lab is pretty cool IMO. I like the concept of the blocks; the problem is that people just camp at the top spots of the map. That's not necessary a huge problem, because I can just snipe them away easily, though.

HA! So you do like being spoon-fed.

In a nutshell; this map would be great if people didn't play like bitches.

rvy

Banned
This game is so frustrating at times. Not only is the aim off, the enemy respawn numbers is insane. Nothing but a pain in the ass since the 13th chapter, or whatever... when you get to the ships section.

Fucking ridiculous, glad I only paid 20€ for this mess.

hao chi

This game is so frustrating at times. Not only is the aim off, the enemy respawn numbers is insane. Nothing but a pain in the ass since the 13th chapter, or whatever... when you get to the ships section.

Fucking ridiculous, glad I only paid 20€ for this mess.

Did you change the aiming settings? The game shipped with extremely awful aiming, and they patched in an optional aiming setting that is much better, but isn't set to default.

Xdye7

NDF tool said:
Q: Is it possible to give us brighter color palettes for Pre-existing items/characters? Why not just add Harry Flynn's palette to all characters/items?
A: Yes, it’s possible with some catches. We designed the colors to be what they are so that it’s easier to distinguish between Hero and Villain characters. By and large, Villains have a darker color palette while Heroes have a brighter one. Since the community seems to want color schemes that are aesthetically brighter we’ve been looking into if this will be possible in a future patch. It’s technically possible but the palette might not change because we want to keep the delineation between Hero and Villain there.

What a waste of a question. They've already answered this in a previous Q&A.

They also broke their own reasoning by making the Djinn skin playable as a hero and villain, with identical colours. I also believe it's the same deal for the custom hero/villain Shade items.

---

I have been getting a lot of rare treasures in Crushing Arena lately; new ones and ones I already have. Anybody else?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
HA! So you do like being spoon-fed.

In a nutshell; this map would be great if people didn't play like bitches.
No. You just suck with the sniper. Get better, kthx.

these Q&A with ND are so disappointing. Horrible questions, horrible answers. :(

I was hoping my question would have been answered. :\

Here they are:

Hey Uncharted community! We see the kudos went a tad bit overboard this month. We’re focusing on questions with kudos but the most kudos doesn’t guarantee your question will be answered. Please keep this in mind as creating new accounts to give kudos won’t make us answer questions any faster. We answer across a wide variety of topics each month to keep information fresh. Here’s this month’s QA:

Q: What are your plans for Co-op? Are you going to divide the modes separately in Co-op arena like in UC2? (DrakeShepard)
A: We have discussed many ideas for Co-Op but the Co-Op Adventure as it stands offers players a mini-narrative and we don’t have any plans to affect change to that mode beyond the DLC we’ve already released. Currently we have no plans to divide the modes separately in Co-Op Arena.

Q: Are we ever going to be able to do the 3rd booster trick with character variations (Elena's loadout + Winter Elena = 3rd Booster)? (RaiXku)
A: Be sure to look on Uncharted TV soon. We’re going to have a special Quick Tip video from Big2Krew that will talk about this.

Q: How come you aren't able to replicate certain things from U2 into U3? Like the U2 Stage and Machinima Mode, or destructible objects like the display cases from the U2 Museum. (RedLegend14)
A: While we used the Naughty Dog engine to make both games we put in many tweaks and additions for both the multiplayer and single player sections of the game from Uncharted 2 to Uncharted 3. Things like The Stage require technical hooks and disc space that Uncharted 3 didn’t have due to resource trade-offs.

Q: Will you ever work on actually improving your communication with the community in any shape or form? You guys reply a day or two and then vanish. Is there any plans to be more active after Patch 1.13 is released? (Shadow-Man_4)
A: After patch 1.13 and all the DLC is out we plan to post up a calendar of upcoming community events. This calendar has been in development for a long time but we couldn’t lock dates down until Patch 1.13 came out. As for our communication level, we’re available here on the forums, on Facebook, on Twitter, on Google Plus, and via direct message for any of these communication channels. We might not always get to your specific question and that’s likely because it’s a topic we can’t discuss yet, want to talk about later, or might not have an answer for.

Q: Is it possible to give us brighter color palettes for Pre-existing items/characters? Why not just add Harry Flynn's palette to all characters/items?
A: Yes, it’s possible with some catches. We designed the colors to be what they are so that it’s easier to distinguish between Hero and Villain characters. By and large, Villains have a darker color palette while Heroes have a brighter one. Since the community seems to want color schemes that are aesthetically brighter we’ve been looking into if this will be possible in a future patch. It’s technically possible but the palette might not change because we want to keep the delineation between Hero and Villain there.

Q: Do you ever plan on doing something for those who got reset? (GS2_PK)
A: I assume you’re talking about stats – be it the EULA glitch or corrupt profile data. We are aware of these issues but it’s really something that’s happened to a very small percentage of our player pool. We are investigating the root cause but it’s turning up to be something that’s very uncommon and really not fixable. If you have been reset, please contact us via direct message with proof of before and after states of your profile and we’ll see what we can do.

Q: Will you ever use The Lab to experiment with new weapons, kickbacks or modes? (Shadowlibraboy)
A: [WINKS] Maybe [WINKS] ….we’ll have more info once we have our community calendar locked down. I can say we don’t have any plans for new weapons at the current time.

Q: We have specific maps used for Co-Op Arena (Sanctuary, Yemen, Faciltiy, ect.). How come other maps can't be used for it (Train Wreck, City of Brass, Old Quarter, ect.)? (Mage505)
A: After internal focus testing we found that certain maps just don’t suit co-op arena style gameplay well. We put the maps that tested best in the rotation and took the others out.

Q: ND, why can't you add female doughnut skins? (LiLJohnR10)
A: The multiplayer character model used for females is very different than males and any custom skins you see are based around a male character rig, which is the default rig for Uncharted 3. Adding a female doughnut skin would involve a very long, resource-heavy process so it’s not a balanced decision for the game.

Q: Will we ever get another Playstation Heroes pack? You guys confirmed it at an event before release yet all we have gotten is the capture trooper. (Fakehound)
A: There no plans currently to have another PlayStation Heroes pack. It was in discussion prior to launch but plans for it where shelved due to various legal and technical reasons. These packs are something that Sony typically approaches us about and they were happy with just the Capture Trooper Killzone 3 pack so far.

The answer to the people who got reset is disgusting, in my opinion. It kind of reminds me of Polytron's (Fez) fuck you to everyone who had a glitched save, only this time it's for the people who lost all their hard work.

I have been getting a lot of rare treasures in Crushing Arena lately; new ones and ones I already have. Anybody else?

It's probably because you hardly play Co-Op, let alone Crushing.

I have been getting 1-2 rare drops in at least one game of Hunter now, but no rare drops in Arena. I've been trying to get the common treasure again for Suited Sully's Glasses (I got the rare Ivory piece in Hunter), but no luck. I did get it a few days ago, but PSN kicked me out so I lost it.

If you want to farm Hunter again, let me know. Usually play about 4 games, until I get tired of farming it.

So I got this since it was only $20. Is it at least as good as Uncharted 2?

Yeah it's good, but Uncharted 2 was better imo.

hao chi

"...and then we decided to add the same skin to Heroes and Villains!"

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Not skins, but the custom head pieces for both the custom hero and custom villain. Not to mention that both sets of skins have the exact same voice options.

It makes no fucking sense.

I sometimes have a hard time distinguishing teammate from foe thanks to the Spyder stuff...the whole color excuse is whack, and seriously why can't non-customs get the same stuff the custom characters get...and why are Elena's new items limited to her main skin only?

Also:

Spend a tournament ticket on match I think I might get a chance to win...I get SOME points if I manage to win and don't play horribly.

Forget to use a ticket = I actually do well enough where I had a good number of kills and very few deaths...I hate this system sometimes.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Me and my friend made up this thing where if you die from some bullshit, get split, have technical difficulties with the game, lag, etc. you just say on the mic, "Uncharted 3".

We'll complain about it, and then one of us just says Uncharted 3. It's so fucking hilarious.

So I'll just say this:

I met a stacked party from France in the Lab and they ALL ragequit!

Wow, just wow... too bad that we cannot ban human stupidity!

I also love the fact that there is still a voting screen in the Lab, although there is only one map.

Then I realized that the Lab no longer saves in Cinema. I was furious. Why ND? Why?
"...and then we decided to add the same skin to Heroes and Villains!"
I sometimes have a hard time distinguishing teammate from foe thanks to the Spyder stuff...the whole color excuse is whack, and seriously why can't non-customs get the same stuff the custom characters get...and why are Elena's new items limited to her main skin only?
Uncharted 3.

Someone should just edit this gif

QYe9m.gif

to say Uncharted 3 at the end.

:lol

Xdye7

It's probably because you hardly play Co-Op, let alone Crushing.

I have been getting 1-2 rare drops in at least one game of Hunter now, but no rare drops in Arena. I've been trying to get the common treasure again for Suited Sully's Glasses (I got the rare Ivory piece in Hunter), but no luck. I did get it a few days ago, but PSN kicked me out so I lost it.

If you want to farm Hunter again, let me know. Usually play about 4 games, until I get tired of farming it.

The amount of time spent playing doesn't have anything to do with treasures (other than more time spent playing and getting kills, more chances of getting a treasure drop -- still nothing to do with rarity).

Right now, I would rather play (Arena) legitimately than farm (Hunter). Playing Hunter legitimately is out of the question due to ragequitting.

I am fine with farming Adventure though. I need the Gold Lion for Khan and for everything else (other than SFD lol) I have zilch.

I was hoping for the lab map to be like the mesh one from UC2, just to dick around with every weapon lying out in the open. That would be better than having a lab that is essentially nothing more than TDM on a single map.

It's becoming more and more clear that this was some scrapped level that could've been a real one. They'll probably "re-skin" it and sell it to us later.

rvy

Banned
Nice game, even if it felt rushed as hell. Some of the sections are amazing, like the horse ride and wandering around the desert.
Online is alright, from what little I have played.

Mr. Fix

Nice game, even if it felt rushed as hell. Some of the sections are amazing, like the horse ride and wandering around the desert.
Online is alright, from what little I have played.

Drake just ditching Sully
after he got shot
was such a disappointment. It was a hit and miss. Same with Chloe and Cutter.

rvy

Banned
Drake just ditching Sully
after he got shot
was such a disappointment. It was a hit and miss. Same with Chloe and Cutter.

Yeah, it looked out of character, but you can't expect your guy to sit there mourning over his dead friend instead of going for revenge. This is a game after all :p.

The amount of time spent playing doesn't have anything to do with treasures (other than more time spent playing and getting kills, more chances of getting a treasure drop -- still nothing to do with rarity).

Right now, I would rather play (Arena) legitimately than farm (Hunter). Playing Hunter legitimately is out of the question due to ragequitting.

I am fine with farming Adventure though. I need the Gold Lion for Khan and for everything else (other than SFD lol) I have zilch.

I don't know, I seem to get rare drops from modes I come back to, hence the Ruby Incan Vessel from long ago or that Copper Newari Figure/Emerald Stickeyed Head in Arena. Arena is only good for the Crushing challenge or XP build-up. Arena is not fun if you're just expecting treasures. Yeah I never try to play Hunter legitimately, even solo, so I farm with my buddy Mono. I get all the treasures though. :p

I haven't gotten a treasure for Khan or Marco Polo. Only have one for Doughnut Drake (Lapis-Lazuli Buffalo) and Skelzor (Silver Wrathful Mask). :(

I like the concept of the blocks; the problem is that people just camp at the top spots of the map. That's not necessary a huge problem, because I can just snipe them away easily, though. It does kill the fun factor a bit, but it's no biggie.

I've noticed that too, and usually whatever team I'm on doesn't let people camp up there for long -- but today I was playing that map and the other team was camping that very top spot to perfection. It was incredibly frustrating. Others on my team weren't very aggressive about trying to kill them, though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the general opinion on the map packs so far? I came back to this game recently after getting fed up with MW3 and have been having fun on the vanilla maps. Any reason to get the DLC?

Edit: Also is it me or did they reduce recoil on the guns? I remember leaving this game because the recoil was ridiculous and it was hard to keep your gun pointed on someone while you were shooting. Since coming back it seems like the recoil is much more manageable and I'm not having issues tracking dudes with my shots.

jett

D-Member
So what's the general opinion on the map packs so far? I came back to this game recently after getting fed up with MW3 and have been having fun on the vanilla maps. Any reason to get the DLC?

Edit: Also is it me or did they reduce recoil on the guns? I remember leaving this game because the recoil was ridiculous and it was hard to keep your gun pointed on someone while you were shooting. Since coming back it seems like the recoil is much more manageable and I'm not having issues tracking dudes with my shots.

The general opinion is one of moderate disappointment. Uncharted 2 maps are awesome, but some of us were expecting more new maps than old maps. or at least an equal amount of each. 8 DLC maps come from UC2(with their layouts virtually unchanged), 4 maps are actually new. Graphic makeover for the old maps is really nice tho. The new maps are nice, especially the one that takes place in the boat graveyard, lots of ocean to mess around in. I don't think they are as cool as the DLC maps UC2 got tho.

hao chi

I like the map packs just because I love the U2 maps and was never too crazy about the U3 maps.

The map pack with the new maps is pretty good overall though; two of the maps I really like, one I enjoy, and the other... well, it's awful.

They made the AK bounce less, but I don't think they've messed with any other weapon's recoil recently, other than adding more recoil to the G-MAL so it's more like how it originally was.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Weird, I've been playing with the M9 and I feel like it's much easier to control than it was say six months ago.

Edit: Aw man they changed how hipfire works. Now I actually have to be pointing the reticle at the enemy for hipfire to hit. Can't tell you how many times I've died trying to rush someone vanilla style with my camera pointed in a different direction.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Alright seriously FUCK WHOEVER CREATED CRUSHING DIFFICULTY IN THIS BULLSHIT GAME. FUCK HIM IN THE ASS.

First I had to get through that shitty ass caravan chase which has fuck-all checkpoints through the annoying first part, and now I have to fight these shitlord
demons
who fucking spawn behind your fucking cover and kill you in all of two seconds. Are they kidding me with this bullshit?!!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Crushing difficulty is amazing. Anything other than Crushing is absolutely fucking boring.

Shade Mode Crushing though, fuck that.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yeah yeah "crushing is easy and you're all noobs." We get it, you're so pr0.
I know. Thanks. Can you repeat that 10 more times because everything is flying over your head.

The caravan part was a bitch. The
djinn
part though is quite easy if you use the power weapons laying around your surroundings. The TAU sniper in particular will make things easier if you blindfire it. They die with 1 shot.

Strike

The matchmaking has been sooooo bad. It reminds me of when the first DLC maps came out. Nothing like being put in the middle of losing match on a team of low ranking players against a full party of legacy players. Team Objective and Plunder have been an absolute nightmare.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I know. Thanks. Can you repeat that 10 more times because everything is flying over your head.

The caravan part was a bitch. The
djinn
part though is quite easy if you use the power weapons laying around your surroundings. The TAU sniper in particular will make things easier if you blindfire it. They die with 1 shot.

Cool, thank you for the suggestion, I'll give that a shot. I platinumed U2 so I feel obliged to do the same with U3, but this game just frustrates the hell out of me sometimes.

BHK3

Banned
Cool, thank you for the suggestion, I'll give that a shot. I platinumed U2 so I feel obliged to do the same with U3, but this game just frustrates the hell out of me sometimes.

Fuck that part where there's a fountain in the middle. If you die there, your spawn is fucking horrible. They spawn behind you and everywhere around you and you have to pray that their attacks miss when you go diving for the RPG. Fuck you ND thats the worst spawn ever

Skidd

Ze Jak goggles, zey do nothing!

Why is that? :(

I've been wondering, what kind of camera sensitivities people use? I'm always jumping between high and low during my sessions once or twice a week and always have trouble aiming.

Yesterday, I noticed that the Ak (my go-to gun) with low camera speed proved to be most useful.

Alright seriously FUCK WHOEVER CREATED CRUSHING DIFFICULTY IN THIS BULLSHIT GAME. FUCK HIM IN THE ASS.

First I had to get through that shitty ass caravan chase which has fuck-all checkpoints through the annoying first part, and now I have to fight these shitlord
demons
who fucking spawn behind your fucking cover and kill you in all of two seconds. Are they kidding me with this bullshit?!!

Those are the only Two points were it seems unfair ..the problem with the caravan part is that the motos spawn behind you without notice..very annoying ..

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck that part where there's a fountain in the middle. If you die there, your spawn is fucking horrible. They spawn behind you and everywhere around you and you have to pray that their attacks miss when you go diving for the RPG. Fuck you ND thats the worst spawn ever

FINALLY finished the
djinn
sections. Holy fuck. Never again. I actually didn't die once in that area with the fountain in the middle, but every single other fight with them took me a good 7 tries to get through. Go figure.

I swear if this cheap-ass difficulty spike persists in U4 I am not going to bother with Crushing.

R_thanatos said:
Those are the only Two points were it seems unfair ..the problem with the caravan part is that the motos spawn behind you without notice..very annoying ..

That's the problem with most of U3's fights - enemies spawn to your side, behind you, without you noticing. That's where the "difficulty" in this game comes from. That and the fact that they throw tons of enemies at you with snipers, RPGs, and shotguns to keep you pinned, instead of designing intelligent combat scenarios.

FINALLY finished the
djinn
sections. Holy fuck. Never again. I actually didn't die once in that area with the fountain in the middle, but every single other fight with them took me a good 7 tries to get through. Go figure.

I swear if this cheap-ass difficulty spike persists in U4 I am not going to bother with Crushing.

That's the problem with most of U3's fights - enemies spawn to your side, behind you, without you noticing. That's where the "difficulty" in this game comes from. That and the fact that they throw tons of enemies at you with snipers, RPGs, and shotguns to keep you pinned, instead of designing intelligent combat scenarios.
I wonder what the reception would be if ND decided upon a maximum of 5 enemies in kill rooms that make use of the smartest ai created. They flank you, never leave cover long enough for you to pop em and require players to outwit the ai with smart use of weapons, the environment, and movesets.

Top Bottom