• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

That's the problem with most of U3's fights - enemies spawn to your side, behind you, without you noticing. That's where the "difficulty" in this game comes from. That and the fact that they throw tons of enemies at you with snipers, RPGs, and shotguns to keep you pinned, instead of designing intelligent combat scenarios.
Well the ennemies actually are visible before they spawn .. there are subtle hints the game throw at you i paid attention to them .. those hints are absent during the caravan chase .. that's my real complain ...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Charted! Phew, glad I got that out of the way.

I finished U2 on Crushing and that game had very good hints as to where enemies were going to spawn. In U3 they spawn behind you without a moment's notice and you end up getting raped because you don't know where the enemies are going to come from.

Anyway this argument is played out and I had basically forgotten about it, but replaying the game on Crushing brought all these frustrations back to the fore.

hao chi

Ze Jak goggles, zey do nothing!

Why is that? :(

I've been wondering, what kind of camera sensitivities people use? I'm always jumping between high and low during my sessions once or twice a week and always have trouble aiming.

Yesterday, I noticed that the Ak (my go-to gun) with low camera speed proved to be most useful.

Last I checked I use two about the default, which I think is 8 (there's 11 sensitivity options, for some reason). That's the slowest speed that still allows me to keep up with people running perpendicular to me.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Are the new multiplayer skins based on the existing U3 models or are they new and improved? I'm thinking of getting the Nepal Chloe skin but I wonder if it's a brand new skin or just the same shitty Chloe model with new clothes on. From YouTube videos the character model looks overhauled but it would be nice to get someone here's opinion who has all the new skins.

jett said:
The general opinion is one of moderate disappointment. Uncharted 2 maps are awesome, but some of us were expecting more new maps than old maps. or at least an equal amount of each. 8 DLC maps come from UC2(with their layouts virtually unchanged), 4 maps are actually new. Graphic makeover for the old maps is really nice tho. The new maps are nice, especially the one that takes place in the boat graveyard, lots of ocean to mess around in. I don't think they are as cool as the DLC maps UC2 got tho.

So it's a bunch of U2 maps huh? I kinda felt that coming, which is why I never got the Fortune Hunter's Club. I took a look at the new maps though, they look pretty sick, especially Oasis. I've been having fun with U3 multiplayer over the past few days but I feel like if I get the DLC I will start playing against the better players who migrated over and my enjoyment of the game might wane. :p

hao chi

Are the new multiplayer skins based on the existing U3 models or are they new and improved? I'm thinking of getting the Nepal Chloe skin but I wonder if it's a brand new skin or just the same shitty Chloe model with new clothes on. From YouTube videos the character model looks overhauled but it would be nice to get someone here's opinion who has all the new skins.

So it's a bunch of U2 maps huh? I kinda felt that coming, which is why I never got the Fortune Hunter's Club. I took a look at the new maps though, they look pretty sick, especially Oasis. I've been having fun with U3 multiplayer over the past few days but I feel like if I get the DLC I will start playing against the better players who migrated over and my enjoyment of the game might wane. :p

All the Chloes look terrible. Stay away.

And maybe you'll feel differently, but Oasis is easily my least favorite map.

i know it has already been said numerous times but still

MOnastery hard mode

On the left , someone is dying

On the right someone is being chocked to death by some grunt ...

What do you do ? Do you rescue either ? Or you ignore all of it and follow the most difficult ennemy by yourself Close range to be killed ?

Dammit random people

Mr. Fix

MOnastery hard mode

What do you do ? Do you rescue either ? Or you ignore all of it and follow the most difficult ennemy by yourself Close range to be killed ?

Dammit random people

I hate that feeling. In the end, I would have to go with whoever's the better player.

What's your opinion on the co-op missions btw? I only played the Borneo mission with a crappy group of randos, but I remember the U2 co-op being fantastically fun.

Very good they are those missions ..i wish we could have more maps/missions5(+1 with dlc ) is not enough .. but they offer a nice challenge and there are plenty of way to tackle them ..

They are better in structure than the ones in U2 that's for sure ( more cinematic )Overall i love them .. i only wish ND could have made more of them

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Cool, I'll have to give them a shot sometime.

BTW if anyone still plays online (either multi or co-op) feel free to invite me if you're ever looking for teammates (I don't have any of the DLC maps though). GAF handle = PSN handle. I'm also down for Uncharted 2 anytime (I have all the DLC for that game).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So stage 2 DLC is basically everything we already have in the game, but you now have the option of purchasing them? Meh.

I don't think I'll buy anything this week, except the pirate AK.

One thing though:

Let's say they make the skeleton skins also available for DLC in "Stage 3" along with the co-op arena treasure drop stuff...if I buy one of them, does that mean I'd complete the treasure set or would I still need to get that drop to get the trophy for completing the treasure sets?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So stage 2 DLC is basically everything we already have in the game, but you now have the option of purchasing them? Meh.

I don't think I'll buy anything this week, except the pirate AK.

One thing though:

Let's say they make the skeleton skins also available for DLC in "Stage 3" along with the co-op arena treasure drop stuff...if I buy one of them, does that mean I'd complete the treasure set or would I still need to get that drop to get the trophy for completing the treasure sets?

According to the comments on the ND Blog you only get the item you bought, not the associated treasure.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Grr, disappointing. I'm 15/16 on one of the treasure sets (missing Drake's baseball cap), and after all this time, I still have not received the final piece I'm missing. Those two trophies for completing the treasure sets are bullshit. I don't mind the skeleton treasure drops since I know I can eventually get them by "farming" for them, but the co-op arena ones can suck it. I guess I'll try playing Hunter again... :|

Who knows, maybe you'll be able to purchase treasure sets or trophies in the future... LOL!

ps: Thank god I completed all Co-op Arena treasures through Hunter, before 1.11 came out (quit penalty). I will never tolerate unfair losses because the host ragequit! >:|

Grr, disappointing. I'm 15/16 on one of the treasure sets (missing Drake's baseball cap), and after all this time, I still have not received the final piece I'm missing. Those two trophies for completing the treasure sets are bullshit. I don't mind the skeleton treasure drops since I know I can eventually get them by "farming" for them, but the co-op arena ones can suck it. I guess I'll try playing Hunter again... :|

yea, those arena treasures were a pain to get (and I NEVER EVER want to touch Hunter again unless it's to help a friend out)...though it was a bit satifying to see those 2 trophies automatically unlock for me once I got the patch, meaning I no longer had to hunt any new ones down.

Unfortunately they just HAD to make new Hardcore ones. :/

I'm conflicted on picking up the non-reward guns...might just buy the Pirate AK as well.

Who knows, maybe you'll be able to purchase treasure sets or trophies in the future... LOL!

ps: Thank god I completed all Co-op Arena treasures through Hunter, before 1.11 came out (quit penalty). I will never tolerate unfair losses because the host ragequit! >:|

No kidding, especially now that I'm going through the new legacies and lost all my Co-Op upgrades.

Edit: also how do elimination treasures work? if it drops and I get killed before I get a chance to pick it up (plus I'm a lone wolf), do I lose it forever?

Edit: also how would elimination treasures work? if it drops and I get killed before I get a chance to pick it up, do I lose it forever?
Yes, unless your buddy picks it up for you.

Not to mention the fact that Elimination also has TDM treasures and those have a higher chance to show up... :|

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So jealous of you guys.

Edit: also how do elimination treasures work? if it drops and I get killed before I get a chance to pick it up (plus I'm a lone wolf), do I lose it forever?
You lose it. I know, stupid right?

And the absolute worst thing is that TDM treasures APPEAR in Elimination. LOGIC ND...HOW DOES IT WORK.

MOnastery hard mode

Dammit random people

The correct answer:

Throw a grenade under your buddy being chocked. You will down him/her, resetting the timer. Save your other buddy. Then one of you saves the third player and one gets rid of the chocker.

The correct answer:

Throw a grenade under your buddy being chocked. You will down him/her, resetting the timer. Save your other buddy. Then one of you saves the third player and one gets rid of the chocker.

I was the one being chocked and i wanted help !!!

The problem is that this moron , had the time to save either of us but ignored everything except spamming the big brute across the chapel

Past couple of days I've been disgusted at this game. I just feel burned out and want to turn it off within minutes of starting a match. I still am grieving at the MP changes when I think back to the good ole UC2 days.

Maybe I'll give the game another go tonight.

Sometimes the game just feels very sloppy.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Past couple of days I've been disgusted at this game. I just feel burned out and want to turn it off within minutes of starting a match. I still am grieving at the MP changes when I think back to the good ole UC2 days.

Maybe I'll give the game another go tonight.

Sometimes the game just feels very sloppy.

If it bothers you that much stop playing it. I don't mean that in a confrontational way, just that when I get really pissed at a multiplayer game, I find that continuing to play it only enrages me more, so I switch to something else and enjoy that.

If you still have UC2 then play that; there are still people online playing it. It definitely takes some getting used to after playing the more fast-paced UC3 though.

Xdye7

Wow. Selling the items unlocked via treasures is OK, but selling level based unlocks? Ridiculous. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Won't be buying anything from this batch.

They should have implemented some sort of treasure trading/sharing system. For example I have gotten the rare piece for Drake's Ball Cap 3 times, regardless of playing way less than Rewrite. I should be able to give one to him.

If it bothers you that much stop playing it. I don't mean that in a confrontational way, just that when I get really pissed at a multiplayer game, I find that continuing to play it only enrages me more, so I switch to something else and enjoy that.

If you still have UC2 then play that; there are still people online playing it. It definitely takes some getting used to after playing the more fast-paced UC3 though.

I have a very complicated relationship with UC3. Somedays I will defend this game until the break of dawn against it being scrutinized. I will proclaim it to be the best MP game ever.

A few days later I just feel like going over to ND's offices and bang at their front door demanding to see the man who sanctioned the changes to the core game.

I actually lent out my UC2 to a friend and haven't bothered to get it back yet.

I just wish I could copy and paste everything in UC3 except loadouts, powerplays and graphics into UC2.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I have a very complicated relationship with UC3. Somedays I will defend this game until the break of dawn against it being scrutinized. I will proclaim it to be the best MP game ever.

A few days later I just feel like going over to ND's offices and bang at their front door demanding to see the man who sanctioned the changes to the core game.

I actually lent out my UC2 to a friend and haven't bothered to get it back yet.

I just wish I could copy and paste everything in UC3 except loadouts, powerplays and graphics into UC2.

Can't you play the barebones (or whatever it's called) playlist? The one without powerplays and the like?

I totally agree with you about the graphics. I still play UC2 multiplayer because I <3 the Chloe model in that game. The Chloe skin in UC3 looks like it was built by an intern.

I was the one being chocked and i wanted help !!!

The problem is that this moron , had the time to save either of us but ignored everything except spamming the big brute across the chapel

Ah, right. Sorry, had a bad day.
A moron indeed.

I actually feel that of all the upgrades and patches, 1.13 is the worst.

All these people with time and/or money getting the upgrades, giving them an edge. The last couple of levels not requiring any vertical thinking at all. Golden guns and all the charachters look like fools with beer helmets and christmas hats.

The game is further away from it's essence than ever. Naughty Dog seems to have forgotten what made the game fun and opted to give in to their greed.

A shame really.

A moron indeed.

All these people with time and/or money getting the upgrades, giving them an edge. The last couple of levels not requiring any vertical thinking at all. Golden guns and all the charachters look like fools with beer helmets and christmas hats.

The game is further away from it's essence than ever. Naughty Dog seems to have forgotten what made the game fun and opted to give in to their greed.

A shame really.
Well the community shapes the experience ... giving us lots of items isn't the problem.. it's that some of the items have boosts

Gorillaz

Can't you play the barebones (or whatever it's called) playlist? The one without powerplays and the like?

I totally agree with you about the graphics. I still play UC2 multiplayer because I <3 the Chloe model in that game. The Chloe skin in UC3 looks like it was built by an intern.

I said damn.

Chloe was probably THEE most played character in UC2....EVERYBODY used chloe due to the fact she had curves lol

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm realizing that the M9 ROF is useless at long range engagements since the recoil is too much to deal with. May need to grind up Chloe's M9 instead.

A moron indeed.

A shame really.
It caused me to write off the MP completely. There is NOTHING there that entices me to play. It's so goddamn goofy. Luckily Starhawk's newest patch did wonders to that game and I can actually perform in that game without constant bullshit.

It caused me to write off the MP completely. There is NOTHING there that entices me to play. It's so goddamn goofy. Luckily Starhawk's newest patch did wonders to that game and I can actually perform in that game without constant bullshit.

Yup I think I'm done with MP. I absolutely am not having ANY fun whatsoever anymore. Hardcore mode doesn't work out right because it's just too much health, barebones and then on top of that the core mechanics of this game sucks compared to UC2. I LOVED the way UC2 felt from the controls, aim assist, graphics, and non loadouts. This game just literally did away with the greatness that was UC2(1.04)and tried to become Call of Uncharted.
Hell 1.05 UC2 was somewhat better. I swear If ND were to patch UC2 to have 1.04 health I'd literally go back to that game.
I'm done with this game unfortunately.

Last of Us cannot come out sooner. Halo 4 and PASBR is what will hold me over.

Goodbye UC3.
Boehner-crying.jpg

Well, I don't really want to buy anything I can unlock by completing a treasure set. I've been using the Treasure Hunter booster lately so that I can get more drops.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yup I think I'm done with MP. I absolutely am not having ANY fun whatsoever anymore. Hardcore mode doesn't work out right because it's just too much health, barebones and then on top of that the core mechanics of this game sucks compared to UC2. I LOVED the way UC2 felt from the controls, aim assist, graphics, and non loadouts. This game just literally did away with the greatness that was UC2(1.04)and tried to become Call of Uncharted.
Hell 1.05 UC2 was somewhat better. I swear If ND were to patch UC2 to have 1.04 health I'd literally go back to that game.
I'm done with this game unfortunately.

Last of Us cannot come out sooner. Halo 4 and PASBR is what will hold me over.

Goodbye UC3.
Boehner-crying.jpg

You can still, you know, play UC2. I did yesterday, played for a few hours in the same lobby actually. It was really fun.

GAF, you so dramatic.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Omg, fuck idle players in Elimination. Why doesn't it fucking kick people if they don't move for 1 round? Literally every game of Elimination tonight, I had at least 1 fucking idle player on my team. This is so frustrating.

Edit:

I hate split screeners so fucking much in this game. Fuck this feature. Seriously. Always a waste of 2 slots in a team. ALWAYS.

BHK3

Banned
Omg, fuck idle players in Elimination. Why doesn't it fucking kick people if they don't move for 1 round? Literally every game of Elimination tonight, I had at least 1 fucking idle player on my team. This is so frustrating.

Edit:

I hate split screeners so fucking much in this game. Fuck this feature. Seriously. Always a waste of 2 slots in a team. ALWAYS.

That was a feature in UC2, kicking idlers, they took that feature out too?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, I thought I was the only one that kind of rolled my eyes when I end up on a team with split screeners.

It's an issue in every single multiplayer game though. I don't mind it so much, I just imagine that these guys are working together as a team because communication is instantaneous.

What do you guys think about the lab level?

I kinda like it but also am getting killed from out of nowhere all the time. No room for tactics. Only running.

Top Bottom