• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Mikey Jr.

I like it. A good deal of verticallity. The middle is very open though, so yeah, you do feel like you are getting shot out of nowhere.

Yup I think I'm done with MP. I absolutely am not having ANY fun whatsoever anymore. Hardcore mode doesn't work out right because it's just too much health, barebones and then on top of that the core mechanics of this game sucks compared to UC2. I LOVED the way UC2 felt from the controls, aim assist, graphics, and non loadouts. This game just literally did away with the greatness that was UC2(1.04)and tried to become Call of Uncharted.
Hell 1.05 UC2 was somewhat better. I swear If ND were to patch UC2 to have 1.04 health I'd literally go back to that game.
I'm done with this game unfortunately.

Last of Us cannot come out sooner. Halo 4 and PASBR is what will hold me over.

Goodbye UC3.

I swear to you: I would beg Kittonwy, IrishNinja and the other U2 regulars to comeback if ND downgraded U2 back to 1.04, minus the world exploits.

gibration

What do you guys think about the lab level?

I kinda like it but also am getting killed from out of nowhere all the time. No room for tactics. Only running.

I'm a fan of it. It's very wide and open with only a few walls that can get in your line of sight depending on where you are. Makes the game feel a bit faster. And surprisingly it looks nice too.

hao chi

I swear to you: I would beg Kittonwy, IrishNinja and the other U2 regulars to comeback if ND downgraded U2 back to 1.04, minus the world exploits.

I think that would put too much of a dent in U3's community for ND to do it. :(

It still boggles my mind how a patch can be so poorly received and the developer immediately responds by flat out saying they won't revert the game to how it was.

jett

D-Member
I think that would put too much of a dent in U3's community for ND to do it. :(

It still boggles my mind how a patch can be so poorly received and the developer immediately responds by flat out saying they won't revert the game to how it was.

ND thinks too highly of themselves, they can do no wrong.

Anyway, they've forgotten about Uncharted 2. I cannot fucking believe they left the lab with Hardcore Deathmatch instead of a rotating playlist.

hao chi

ND thinks too highly of themselves, they can do no wrong.

Anyway, they've forgotten about Uncharted 2. I cannot fucking believe they left the lab with Hardcore Deathmatch instead of a rotating playlist.

That too. I think a large part of the 1.05 fiasco was a pride issue.

I was pretty indifferent to The Lab map at first, but the more I play it the more I enjoy it. The mad scramble to get the RPG when the match starts never not hilarious to me.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You need to be idle for 2 minutes to get kicked.
The thing is, that if you move your controller for even a second, the timer will reset and start over again. I just don't understand why the rule can't be changed in Elimination where your actual input is needed. Any other mode it's annoying for sure, but I know that eventually they will get removed from the game.

What do you guys think about the lab level?

I kinda like it but also am getting killed from out of nowhere all the time. No room for tactics. Only running.
I did like what I played, but it seems pointless to play a mode where my stats won't count especially since it's a TDM variant lab. I haven't touched it after the first day.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Kills/Deaths.

Speaking of leveling up...

This latest legacy/trophy patch has really ruined modes like Plunder and Team Objective. Specifically Plunder. I see people boosting boosters, trophies, and it really ruins the flow of the match. It's worse when party splits happen because they will ignore the objective and boost for the trophies/boosters. People boosting Monkey Man, Cloaked/Assassin medals, Weapon Expert...it's disgusting. :(

Edit:

Apparently there was a live update today:

Short change list:

- M9 Rate of Fire mod reduction. Slightly decrease.

- Deathplanes added to multiple levels.

- Update to Lab Map 1 - added a wall to prevent sniper camping, added edges so there are multiple paths to reach a certain platform.

Enjoy!
Will test it out myself...

I'm curious about their M9 ROF fix this time around because previously, it used to have a ton of recoil so aiming it wouldn't be beneficial, but ever since their "fix", it has made the ROF recoil so controllable at any range. That mod just needs to be removed.

Xdye7

Jumped in the gaf chat room only to find no one here. lol. Anyone still get on it?

Maybe if more people knew about it... ;D

Speaking of leveling up...

This latest legacy/trophy patch has really ruined modes like Plunder and Team Objective. Specifically Plunder. I see people boosting boosters, trophies, and it really ruins the flow of the match. It's worse when party splits happen because they will ignore the objective and boost for the trophies/boosters. People boosting Monkey Man, Cloaked/Assassin medals, Weapon Expert...it's disgusting. :(

I love how all of this is happening in the non-DLC pool. The only people who are boosting these things are the people with the DLC maps, yet they toggle the switch to off. Anything to make it easier, yet they brag how good they are on youtube and the NDF. CAN EYE JOYN UR CLAN PLZ, 4 KDR PERFCT WLR??!1?11!one!

The amount of 1 vs 1 requests I'm getting has skyrocketed. Anybody else? Nearly every game I get at least one. I even got one playing Arena. Seriously wtf.

The amount of 1 vs 1 requests I'm getting has skyrocketed. Anybody else? Nearly every game I get at least one. I even got one playing Arena. Seriously wtf.

I've only ever gotten 1 vs 1 requests when I've taunted over someones body after I killed them. That really just seems to set some people off for whatever reason.

Man, I just couldn't catch a break today. Some days I'm just "off" and can't get anything going. Matchmaking was really giving me the short end of the stick today, too. One game I'd get a split screener on my team who goes 0-11, the next would be against a full party.

The thing is, that if you move your controller for even a second, the timer will reset and start over again. I just don't understand why the rule can't be changed in Elimination where your actual input is needed. Any other mode it's annoying for sure, but I know that eventually they will get removed from the game.

I did like what I played, but it seems pointless to play a mode where my stats won't count especially since it's a TDM variant lab. I haven't touched it after the first day.

Why are stats so important to you?

Mikey Jr.

Fuck it. I bought Eddy's AK.

I thought "Hmm, I can spend 10's of hours playing a mode I fucking despise for a gun I really want, or I could go to my job and work for a few minutes and get it the same way."

I chose the latter. Fuck hardcore.

Xdye7

Some people actually bought the base guns you unlock by levelling up.

A whole new level of greed has been introduced to the world by ND.

gibration

I believe the only stat that isn't counted is a win or loss. I don't see why they wouldn't count it but whatevs. I'll still play it.

Mikey Jr.

Some people actually bought the base guns you unlock by levelling up.

A whole new level of greed has been introduced to the world by ND.

Yeah, was about to ask that. The fuck is up with that? So if you are level 1, you can buy the FAL-SS and use it at level 1?

I do feel a LITTLE dirty buying the Eddy AK, but I honestly don't want to play hardcore. I tried going for the gun and sunk 5 hours, but got none of the treasures for it. The drops in that mode are so fucking rare. Plus I really wasn't having any fun, and the AK is my favourite gun probably. So the extended clip and scoped in was a no brainer. I wanted that AK. The callout mod is a bonus.

jett

D-Member
They adjusted the ROF again? Will have to try this out.

edit: the ROF improvement on the M9 is now like non-existent...oh noes.

edit: M9 ROF is now useless. I guess it's the Jade M9 and Fleet Foot for me now.

Mikey Jr.

They nerfed it again? So can we now say every gun is now generally balanced? Gmal got recoil, and rof has been nerfed. Werent those the last 2 holdouts?

jett

D-Member
They nerfed it again? So can we now say every gun is now generally balanced? Gmal got recoil, and rof has been nerfed. Werent those the last 2 holdouts?

I dunno, I guess. Is the gmal really nerfed? Most people still use that thing.

I suppose the AK47, the pistole and the Tau are still complete garbage. :lol

Mikey Jr.

Ak47 is not garbage. Take that back!
Ak is my go-to gun for most maps, unless the map has long sight lines aka museum. Then i use gmal. Fal also gets sprinkled in there as well when i feel like something new. The one i generally dont use is the m9.

jett

D-Member
Ak47 is not garbage. Take that back!
Ak is my go-to gun for most maps, unless the map has long sight lines aka museum. Then i use gmal. Fal also gets sprinkled in there as well when i feel like something new. The one i generally dont use is the m9.

The rate of fire in the AK47 is way too low, it takes forever to kill with that thing.

Mikey Jr.

But it has higher damage and more stopping power. But if they want to increase the rof, i have no problem with that.

also, you guys should hop on the nd forums. Some loser to got his 700 hour account banned. He was using 3 tvs, 3 ps3s, and 6 controllers, he was playing 3tdm by himself. Lol. Now he is on nd forums asking why he was banned.

jett

D-Member
But it has higher damage and more stopping power. But if they want to increase the rof, i have no problem with that.

also, you guys should hop on the nd forums. Some loser to got his 700 hour account banned. He was using 3 tvs, 3 ps3s, and 6 controllers, he was playing 3tdm by himself. Lol. Now he is on nd forums asking why he was banned.

...............wat

Co-Op was fun, Xdye, but gtfo my Return to Sender kills.

I bought the Hardcore weapons and a couple of the new items. So glad I got Eddy's AK, Marlowe's Para-9, and Roman's G-MAL back (+FAL, which I lacked before my reset).

The Paw Hat on Cutter is awesome, especially having the Scope Zoom perk for Co-Op. I was gonna buy Chloe's M9 if FFA didn't give me the Emerald Skull Bead, but it finally dropped later that day.

Mikey Jr.

Psn charges u 5 bucks when you buy small items, so i said fuck it and bought 3d glasses. 25% headshot damage. Ill take that.

i am right there with you for hardcore treasures. Fuck that noise.

Yeah, no way was I gonna hunt for those weapons again. Might as well buy them to keep forever, even if another reset happens to me.

^They were mashing Triangle I bet.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
They toned down the M9's ROF? Hrm. I may end up getting Chloe's M9 for $0.99. Either that or just continue to play Uncharted 2 multiplayer. I rage a lot less when I'm playing that game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
A Japanese booster with 3 consoles? Smells like Misaki!
LOL. I wouldn't be shocked if it was him. When I read that thread, Misaki was the first one that came to my mind.

I don't get why people do this.

DAT BAN. :lol

Co-Op was fun, Xdye, but gtfo my Return to Sender kills.
Mr. Indoor Scarf is a try hard in co-op too? wow. I can't say I'm surprised.

I find it odd no one is raging about the rof nerf on the ND forums.
There was a giant thread about the ROF before this live update. Honestly, ND monetizing everything is more worthy of being discussed. Selling the base guns is so fucking laughable. Fuck. Shit's going downhill.

jett

D-Member
lol i don't care if they sell stuff you can obtain through the game, whatever. It's not like buying a particular gun is gonna make you awesome at this shit, especially if you didn't earn it.

Xdye7

LOL. I wouldn't be shocked if it was him. When I read that thread, Misaki was the first one that came to my mind.

I don't get why people do this.

DAT BAN. :lol

What he did was wrong, but a 500 day ban and reset is unreasonable. It's not even clearly stated in the Terms of Service (that it's something you shouldn't do). This is though:

Sony said:
You may not impersonate any person, including an SNEI or third party employee.

If what Morn_JP did was worthy of a 500 day ban and reset, what would the punishment for fadi002's direct infringement be?

Mr. Indoor Scarf is a try hard in co-op too? wow. I can't say I'm surprised.

Kill+them+Johnny.+Kill+them+all+_c731bc78019fdb71c15089ce2abf5d3a.png

Honestly, ND monetizing everything is more worthy of being discussed. Selling the base guns is so fucking laughable. Fuck. Shit's going downhill.

Ditto.

Strike

Melee + roll glitch will be the end of me. It seems like everyone is using it. I only took a few weeks off and I feel like I have to learn how to play the game all over again.

are you guys playing with a [GAF] clan tag i found a user like that last night but since i don't play with you all i was wondering if that was really one of you

jett

D-Member
Melee + roll glitch will be the end of me. It seems like everyone is using it. I only took a few weeks off and I feel like I have to learn how to play the game all over again.

I rarely bother with melee. Blindfiring the M9 has me winning any close quarters fights 90% of the time.

GRIP

Hmmm, you have a point... Fadi has impersonated SCEA employees multiple times already and he hasn't been banned. Not to mention notorious account sharers.

I think that kid would become suicidal if ND banned him (if I'm thinking of the right person). He was the kid that got banned from FN and was pretty much stalking squid on the ND forums to try to get his ban revoked?

Top Bottom