• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Xdye7

I think that kid would become suicidal if ND banned him (if I'm thinking of the right person). He was the kid that got banned from FN and was pretty much stalking squid on the ND forums to try to get his ban revoked?

I think that was someone along the lines of Ferrari, not fadi

GRIP

I think that was someone along the lines of Ferrari, not fadi

Yeah, that's who I was thinking of. Anyway, I think 500 days is a little much for the guy that just recently got banned. It does fit under one of the offenses in the TOS, but what he was doing wasn't THAT bad that his account should be deactivated for pretty much the remainder of UC3's lifespan. I think a month or two would have been sufficient for what he was doing (for a first time offender). I mean the guy obviously plays this game a lot, so any significant amount of time off would probably teach him his lesson.

edit: what was fadi doing?

I think that kid would become suicidal if ND banned him (if I'm thinking of the right person). He was the kid that got banned from FN and was pretty much stalking squid on the ND forums to try to get his ban revoked?
That was Ferrari1996, if I'm not mistaken.

Mikey Jr.

I would love to see the mesh map added to the regular rotation. I am really liking it. A little on the sniper-y side, but thats ok. Good map.

Mikey Jr.

Just had a weird glitch.

Double damage was pretty much on for the entire match, but it never went to that powerplay.

Dragons were killing in one hit. My ak47 was beast. It was weird. Some guy was yelling at me. "Yo dude! I didn't even get a chance to hit. What the fuck man!"

Rikyfree

Impersonating ND staff. Multiple times.

Ferrari_1996 ;)

---

The additons/fixes to the lab map have made it awesome. I'll be playing it a lot more now. It's like Highrise without all of the falling to death.

I want to see other modes for that map, namely plunder and objective.

Just had a weird glitch.

Double damage was pretty much on for the entire match, but it never went to that powerplay.

Dragons were killing in one hit. My ak47 was beast. It was weird. Some guy was yelling at me. "Yo dude! I didn't even get a chance to hit. What the fuck man!"

That happened to me too a few times. All in the lab btw.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, instead of wasting their time adding a jpg on a bomb, they could have made like 3 new maps, new modes, and started work on more SP content. The fuck they doing over there?

Assholes.

Xdye7

damn naughty dog for puttin easter eggs into their games .. they would have put at least 14 patches online in that timeframme if it wasn't for this.

A bunch of those patches were fixing things that they screwed up in the previous patch. Or were just screwed up to begin with, like a TDM treasure dropping in Adventure.

Yeah, instead of wasting their time adding a jpg on a bomb, they could have made like 3 new maps, new modes, and started work on more SP content. The fuck they doing over there?

Assholes.

Yeah, maybe double checking the code would have been more beneficial than some picture 99% of the players won't see anyways.

Mikey Jr.

Dude, xyde, you need to chill a little. Its a small picture that a dev put on there. Probably took like 30 seconds. I get being angry at nd for their online code, but that easter egg is completely insignificant. Its just a neat thing. Its like me being angry because one of the characters is missing a lace for their shoes and thats why the game is garbage.
Edit: game is not garbage. I would not spend 130 hours on a game i think sucks.

GRIP

Is there any way somebody can kick another player out in mm? Just asking because I think it just happened to me.

Not during a public game. The host probably left before the game started which puts everyone back into the 'finding players' screen.

GRIP

So are any of you taking the tournament seriously as far as getting gold tier each week? I have been just for the sake of getting the Djinn skin ( probably won't even use it after the first few days), but after that I doubt I'll even care enough to use the tickets they give me unless they add more incentives.

I can only imagine how many Djinn skins there are going to be running around in a few weeks.

jett

D-Member
So are any of you taking the tournament seriously as far as getting gold tier each week? I have been just for the sake of getting the Djinn skin ( probably won't even use it after the first few days), but after that I doubt I'll even care enough to use the tickets they give me unless they add more incentives.

I can only imagine how many Djinn skins there are going to be running around in a few weeks.

i don't give a single fuck, personally.

I used one tournament ticket on the day of the patch, didn't really understand it and haven't even thought about using another since then. I'm sure it's probably cool, but it just isn't something I personally care about.

GRIP

I used one tournament ticket on the day of the patch, didn't really understand it and haven't even thought about using another since then. I'm sure it's probably cool, but it just isn't something I personally care about.

Ehh, not really. Gold guns, and a new skin. I don't have any skeleton skins and I don't really like co-op so this is one that seems reasonable for me to get.

as much as I want the Djinn skin, with my skills and luck? I doubt I'll ever get it...doesn't help the few times I manage to do well I either: a) forget/decided not to use a ticket or b) the team of randoms I'm on loses.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't care for the tournament stuff either. I've not spent a single of the free 10 tickets ND gave to everyone. The prizes don't interest me in the slightest.

I will say that the golden guns are a good and bad idea. Good cuz people were requesting them, but bad because a low level player can roll with ROF/Accuracy at any time. That needs to be changed immediately, imo.

GRIP

I will say that the golden guns are a good and bad idea. Good cuz people were requesting them, but bad because a low level player can roll with ROF/Accuracy at any time. That needs to be changed immediately, imo.

I don't have any problems with a lower level player being able to use certain gun mods. ROF or Accuracy aren't going to turn bad players into rampant machines, and good players are going to unlock these mods sooner rather than later. I don't know, just not something that I think is a big deal. I suppose this is ND's way of rewarding players who are using tickets.

jett

D-Member
I don't care for the tournament stuff either. I've not spent a single of the free 10 tickets ND gave to everyone. The prizes don't interest me in the slightest.

lol, as if a low level player is suddenly going to be awesome because of a mod. ROF sucks now anyway.

TripOpt55

I've never been a fan of higher ranked players having better guns or mods anyway, so I don't care if lower level players get them earlier.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's as if you guys haven't been noticing the increase of alt accounts all of a sudden. And I'm just not talking about low level players (noobs)...I'm talking about low level LEGACY players.

And ROF doesn't suck. It still kills faster than the base M9 and the recoil (while aiming) is now more manageable than ever.

One thing I would like to touch on though that I've seen more rampant than ever is blindfire.

Generally speaking, I think the blindfire is OK in this game. It's a valid tactic to use in CQC. However, right now, all that is happening is just blindfire + melee/hit and roll. Part of why this tactic is so effective is due to melee taking half of your health away. A person just has to shoot three para 9 bullets and punch you for the kill -- an improvement over UC2's broken 1 pistol shot + melee kill, but could still be improved. How can it be improved? Well I think if melee was a 3 hit kill like in Hardcore, it would make the blindfire rushing less effective. For example, I could be aiming my AK against someone who is rushing blindfiring at me, but still die because my bullets aren't stopping them in time. So what ends up happening is that we both end up dying because he'll still manage to melee me before he dies. If by any chance I kill that person rushing at me, if another one of his team mate is around, he'll steel fist me (in those special melee kill animations) to death since I took some damage.

jett

D-Member
Sucks.

The increment is like 5-10% now. It's minimal. I don't use it anymore, few people do now. Even been trying the AK47 now lol, it's not too bad.

GRIP

I definitely see alt accounts when playing (level 22's with 2.5 kdr's), but most high level players are back on their main accounts trying to level up. Like I said, it isn't something that I really care about, and it does give players a reason to use their tickets and get to at least bronze tier.

Could someone describe what UC2 multiplayer was like before the 1.04 (1.05?) update? I only got to play it after that update and wanted to hear how it was in was the good old days.

jett

D-Member
Could someone describe what UC2 multiplayer was like before the 1.04 (1.05?) update? I only got to play it after that update and wanted to hear how it was in was the good old days.

You had more health. You didn't die in 1 second. Camping was much less prevalent. Plunder was the greatest multiplayer mode of all time. Picking up the idol wasn't a death wish. Sigh.

Mikey Jr.

The formula used is completely against you. Not only is it againts you, the ticket amount is too small. ALSO, you have to WIN the game. If you don't, you get jack shit.

You pretty much have to be an amazing player to get gold tier with the 10 tickets.

80% of the Uncharted community will never get it unless they buy extra tickets.

You had more health. You didn't die in 1 second. Camping was much less prevalent. Plunder was the greatest multiplayer mode of all time. Picking up the idol wasn't a death wish. Sigh.

The higher health allowed the Uncharted gameplay to standout. Traversal was effective and combined with people using cover efficiently, allowed for near-death escapes and opportune flanking if that makes sense. Lowering the health made all of that worthless. Climbing became a death wish and cover became camping grounds.

Top Bottom