• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Man, you can really rack up the kills in this Lab with the mag by just keeping picking people off who are doing that funny run-around-in-circles shotgun dance while trying to kill your teammates.

I really wish they'd put that block mesh map in rotation. It really grew on me a lot, that was a good map.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This lab is a piece of shit to me, as expected. It's just as awful as it was in UC2. Blindfire, blindfire, blindfire is all it is. You're always at a disadvantage when you aim. Why bother? Won't touch it again, ever.

Double XP/money is pretty ace though.

Xdye7

Blindfire, blindfire, blindfire is all it is. You're always at a disadvantage when you aim.

Sounds familiar... it's almost like it happens in every other game mode.

I like this lab. Only thing I don't like is having to switch to the Mag every time I spawn lol

On another note, Chateau is the worst map in this game. I'm not going to say why it fucking sucks, but rather how to fix it. Why people vote for this map is beyond me.

Remove:
-The roof from the building
-The walls from the top floor of the building

Keep:
-Low cover on the top floor of the building
-Door frames on the top floor of the building

Thoughts?

Mikey Jr.

Remove walls, but keep doorframes?

also what beef do you have with the roof?
My only problem with chateau is that the area with the gl doesnt see a lot of action.

Lab is decent. Double damage powerplay sucks my sac. Its like everyone has a mini-tbolt.

Xdye7

Remove walls, but keep doorframes?

also what beef do you have with the roof?
My only problem with chateau is that the area with the gl doesnt see a lot of action.

They provide some cover and would still be connected to the low cover.

It's all up in my grill n shit. I dunno how it could stay there without walls supporting it. Plus, sunlight is nice.

The only areas in chateau that get any action are the paths from the spawns to the top floor, and the top floor.

This is all for the kill based modes. In its current state it's a great TO and Plunder map.

EDIT:

Spoken like someone who hasn't bought the DLC.

This.

Play London streets or Oasis. Then talk Chateau again.

I'm definitely not gonna buy the DDMP now, not that I was going to before.

To me, the only map pack worth getting seems to be FBMP#2.

The DD maps look terrible. As for FBMP#1; I've played Sanctuary far too many times in UC2, Lost City looks like trash, and not a fan of Cave. Fort looks nice though, but not $10 nice and on top of that I'll have very slim chances of actually seeing it in matchmaking.

Yeah, Chateau is not the worst map... London Streets and Oasis beats it by far.

If anyone's looking to do Co-Op Arena - Crushing for double cash weekend, add me. I'm pretty good at Crushing. I do like to hog the chests though (due to having Overstock Gold) so I always have Army of Three ready for a Brute or a Kickback Boss. I have all the available DLC maps (note: I much prefer to play Arena with the FBMPs, but it's cool if you don't have them). Don't have usable mic though...

Xdye7

Chateau is a map that everyone has though.

I would be down for some co-op tonight.

Does anyone know if the cash cap for Hunter is also 100k?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
He has money to spend on scarfs, but can't drop $10 for the map packs. lol worthy.

Chateau isn't even a bad map. It's annoying that everyone camps in the zipline room in TDM, but those are easy kills cause I can flank them.

hao chi

He has money to spend on scarfs, but can't drop $10 for the map packs. lol worthy.

Apparently if they were $8 he'd be okay with buying the maps, but he didn't give me his address when I offered to mail him $2.

He's buying a skins pack and hat pack though. :|

A lot of people refuse to buy DLC maps, although they buy other stuff...

Maybe if Sony/ND make enough money from microtransactions, then they may consider to make DLC maps free for everyone.

hao chi

A lot of people refuse to buy DLC maps, although they buy other stuff...

Maybe if Sony/ND make enough money from microtransactions, then they may consider to make DLC maps free for everyone.

The maps will be free eventually...
after we've been playing Uncharted 4 for several months.

Xdye7

Sweet, that'll be useful for all those times we play coop together!

Wait...

I've played quite a bit with Gear2nd. You've just missed out a lot.

He has money to spend on scarfs, but doesn't want to drop $10 for the map packs. lol worthy.

Chateau isn't even a bad map. It's annoying that everyone camps in the zipline room in TDM, but those are easy kills cause I can flank them.

Fixed.

Yes, we all know you're a fan of being spoon fed. God forbid you work for your kills.

Apparently if they were $8 he'd be okay with buying the maps, but he didn't give me his address when I offered to mail him $2.

He's buying a skins pack and hat pack though. :|

I'm fine with the DDMP pricing. I just don't like those maps.

What bothers me are the FBMP's. What makes them worth 10$ each? Fort was free in UC2. Now you copypasta your rain code, add fog (which can be done in Cinema mode lmfao), add a handful of ledges and it's worth 2.50 (x4 =10)? Just as much as a map made from scratch?

As for the rest: colour of source lighting changed, different weather (which is already made), and a texture swap are all also equivalent to a map from scratch?

On top of all that, the matchmaking is broken. I wouldn't even get to play the maps unless I have all of them.

The skins are reasonably priced, and I can actually use them. Uncharted is also the only series with characters/skins they way they are. Party hats are a dollar, cry me a river. In what other game can you be a fat guy wearing a party hat?

Anyone know why you can't buy individual skins anymore? It's not a recent change, it happened around 1.09. It was unannounced and it seems odd considering ND is selling practically everything now(emblems FFS).

hao chi

I've played quite a bit with Gear2nd. You've just missed out a lot.

Missing out on U3 coop? Lol okay.

I'm fine with the DDMP pricing. I just don't like those maps.

What bothers me are the FBMP's. What makes them worth 10$ each? Fort was free in UC2. Now you copypasta your rain code, add fog (which can be done in Cinema mode lmfao), add a handful of ledges and it's worth 2.50 (x4 =10)? Just as much as a map made from scratch?

Have you even played the DD maps? You keep saying you don't like them, but you've never mentioned actually playing them, and you also said your real life friends don't play Uncharted... so I'm gonna assume you didn't play it at a friend's house.

I'm actually being serious when I say the two best original U3 maps are in DD.

Not really sure why you keep getting hung up on the Fort because it was a free DLC on a different game. You even keep saying it was your favorite U2 map, and from my experience it plays much better now.

Really, with how much you play this game, you would get your money's worth.

Xdye7

Missing out on U3 coop? Lol okay.

Not what I meant...

Fun games yesterday btw.

Have you even played the DD maps? You keep saying you don't like them, but you've never mentioned actually playing them, and you also said your real life friends don't play Uncharted... so I'm gonna assume you didn't play it at a friend's house.

I'm actually being serious when I say the two best original U3 maps are in DD.

Not really sure why you keep getting hung up on the Fort because it was a free DLC on a different game. You even keep saying it was your favorite U2 map, and from my experience it plays much better now.

Really, with how much you play this game, you would get your money's worth.

I've seen lots of YouTube gameplay. Mostly TDM though... are Team Objective and Plunder game modes you can play on the DD maps?

FORT Y U NO FREE? It's the same map, different game or not. I had no problem with how it played in UC2.

Good point, but I play late at night when the majority of the player pool is the other half of the world. Turning DLC on would only make the already bad lag, worse.

Speaking of lag, Rewrite and Gear2nd do you remember that really laggy party of five we played in TO? They're all members of a clan called "Saudi Elite". They've been revoked of their privileges to play in some tournaments because they lag so bad, giving them an unfair advantage.

hao chi

Fun games yesterday btw.

Yeah, they were. U2 coop FTW.

No idea where that sudden 1v1 obsession came from though.

I've seen lots of YouTube gameplay. Mostly TDM though... are Team Objective and Plunder game modes you can play on the DD maps?

Oh come on, watching Youtube gameplay doesn't even count.

And yes, of course you can play TO and Plunder on DD maps lol.

Xdye7

Yeah, they were. U2 coop FTW.

No idea where that sudden 1v1 obsession came from though.

And yes, of course you can play TO and Plunder on DD maps lol.

I love it. Would you be down to play more?

I was tired and bored lol. FEEL THE WRATH OF MY HAMMER AND MID AIR NO SCOPES.

Ok cool. I just never recall seeing anyone play those modes on some of the maps.

Xdye7

I messaged you to play an hour ago and you didn't respond...

I could play for a little bit now, but I need to leave in about an hour so tonight would probably be better.

If I'm in Netflix it means I can't play or I'm idle. I also turn off notifications if I'm gonna use Netflix, so I'll read the messages just before I turn my ps3 off.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The fact that you had to ask if the DD/FBMP were playable in TO/Plunder shows how clueless your "i'm not buying these overpriced maps" hate is. :lol

bu bu bu cosmetics are more important than mapz guyzzzz!!
ilJl2.gif
ilJl2.gif

Fort isn't even the same as it was in UC2. They've added vehicles and flanking options to prevent camping. It's such a beautiful remade map. My favorite out of the FBMP. The FBMP are really good for TO and Plunder...so are the DD maps, except Oasis. Fuck that piece of shit. It's the worst map in the game, IMO. London Streets is a close second.

The maps will be free eventually...
after we've been playing Uncharted 4 for several months.
The sad truth.

Xdye7

The fact that you had to ask if the DD/FBMP were playable in TO/Plunder shows how clueless your "i'm not buying these overpriced maps" hate is. :lol

bu bu bu cosmetics are more important than mapz guyzzzz!!
ilJl2.gif
ilJl2.gif

Fort isn't even the same as it was in UC2. They've added vehicles and flanking options to prevent camping. It's such a beautiful remade map. My favorite out of the FBMP. The FBMP are really good for TO and Plunder...so are the DD maps, except Oasis. Fuck that piece of shit. It's the worst map in the game, IMO. London Streets is a close second.

I asked about DD. I don't think the DD maps are overpriced.

Never said that.

More like Reread, amirite?

I like Fort. Also, you guys want me to buy the maps and all you talk about is how shitty Oasis and London Streets are.

hao chi

I asked about DD. I don't think the DD maps are overpriced.

Never said that.

More like Reread, amirite?

I like Fort. Also, you guys want me to buy the maps and all you talk about is how shitty Oasis and London Streets are.

I don't mind London, and the other 10 maps vastly improve the quality of map selection.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
...to play in the DLC pool.

Sometimes we want to play in it, but we can't because you don't have anything.

I've had some amazing matches with haochi, GS2, and Mono before in the DLC pool. Challenging, fun, and intense.

bu bu party hat huurr on fat skins r funny durrrr.

hao chi

...to play in the DLC pool.

Sometimes we want to play in it, but we can't because you don't have anything.

I've had some amazing matches with haochi, GS2, and Mono before in the DLC pool. Challenging, fun, and intense.

bu bu party hat huurr on fat skins r funny durrrr.

That too. Maybe we could find some competitive matches (AKA: not FAB) in DLC...

Xdye7

You guys gotta admit the match against FAB was one of the better ones.

All the tryhards are in the non-DLC pool until they hit max rank. I'm technically giving you guys what you want.

So DD and FBMP#2?

hao chi

You guys gotta admit the match against FAB was one of the better ones.

All the tryhards are in the non-DLC pool until they hit max rank. I'm technically giving you guys what you want.

So DD and FBMP#2?

Lol what?

BTW, did you want to do some U2 coop? I'm on my PS3 at the moment.

Mikey Jr.

I am officially burned out.

LEVEL
51-Legacy 4.

TOTAL CASH EARNED
$17,608,665.00

HOURS PLAYED

What a great MP game. No joke. Gotta take a break though, haha. I still have like 5 brand new games I haven't even touched. I'll check out the mesh map, but I honestly need to leave this game for a while.

Still gonna check out the thread. I still hope that ND releases another map pack.

Better story: you're the worst. How did we go from playing coop to you trying to make me play 1v1 snipers and pistoles?

Ugh.

Don't worry, he does that to everyone. He made me and Shane play that when we were supposed to do Co-Op... And then always asked me and Rewrite to play RPG only FFA.

Xdye7

DLC maps <3

Not being a cheap ass <3

Challenge <3

Why don't you play them then? Oh, because default maps still show up in the DLC pool and people vote for them over the DLC maps.

Being a cheap ass <3

You like challenge? What was that about getting easy kills in the unpatched Block Map 1? Chateau zipline room? Or that time when we ran into Saudi Elite? You raged and played solo for the rest of the night. Or did you feel it wasn't challenging, so you left?

Don't worry, he does that to everyone. He made me and Shane play that when we were supposed to do Co-Op... And then always asked me and Rewrite to play RPG only FFA.

I just wanted to try it. Something new. Something other than curb stomping practically every team we run into. I finally got to play it; do you see me asking anymore?

I just wanted to try it. Something new. Something other than curb stomping practically every team we run into. I finally got to play it; do you see me asking anymore?

I don't mind doing them so long as we have lots of players joining us. It's really not fun with only 3 players...

hao chi

Why don't you play them then? Oh, because default maps still show up in the DLC pool and people vote for them over the DLC maps.

I played some DLC today, and not once did a default map win over DLC.

You're missing the point though: turning DLC on isn't supposed to be DLC maps only all the time. It vastly improves the map variety so you don't get stuck playing the same few maps over and over.

Top Bottom