• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Xdye7

I don't think he had a capital 'd', but I was also tired when I checked, so he might.

I haven't found him on ND's site yet, but I did find the stats for IVIaster_KiD, and it looks like one of his alts. 552 kills 0 deaths, and a perfect 44-0 win/loss record.

Lol, some people on this game are ridiculous.

Go into your match history and copy the name from there. The "m" in his name could be any combination of lowercase L's and uppercase i's. I's and l's lol.

Mikey Jr.

Tournament tickets are a joke and just another way of sucking money out of people. They are not even close to being fair.

Firstly, the formula to calculate points is brutal. I get that if you are in a party it should reduce points. But -80 for a death and only +100 for a kill? Even getting a 2:1 ratio would still penalize you a lot. How many in the community can pull off a 2:1 score in a match? Nevermind 2:1 only, but actually getting a high enough kill count to make it worthwhile. A vast majority of Uncharted players usually go 1.3:1.

Secondly, you don't get any tickets at all if your team loses. The fuck is this shit? I have been in a lot of games where I was doing pretty damn good and we still lose. It is just the nature of randoms. Why am I being penalized for that? My win/loss count is 2/3, so if I play 10 games, 3 of those won't count? If I lose 3, then fuck it, there is absolutely no way you can get gold tier with only 10 tickets. Shit, losing ONE ticket is bad enough.

No no, the whole system is borked and favours like 10% of the community who could probably get gold with the default ticket amount. For the rest, silver is probably the highest they will get.

Reduce the death penalty and don't put in losses not giving you anything.

But won't happen since I am sure they are selling tickets.

Ok, serious question to the guys who play uncharted MP actively:

When was the last time you had time to react to suddenly being shot at? Also: when was the last time you could escape fire by playing smart and use vertical thinking? When was the last time you were climbing, got shot at and lived?

I feel like I am not even seeing a lot of grey anymore. Just sudden death by players who's best killing method is standing as close to me as possible and blindfire-ing. Even when they know I didn't notice them, they still don't aim.

And don't post the new gif as an answer please. I think it was already overused on gaf in general.

I think that the tournament system and the huge amount of microtransactions is just a test for an earlier and bigger deployment in the next Uncharted game. I think that Uncharted 4 will have it from the start in order to maximize the profits from a big multiplayer base early on.

GRIP

When was the last time you had time to react to suddenly being shot at? Also: when was the last time you could escape fire by playing smart and use vertical thinking? When was the last time you were climbing, got shot at and lived?

I feel like I am not even seeing a lot of grey anymore. Just sudden death by players who's best killing method is standing as close to me as possible and blindfire-ing. Even when they know I didn't notice them, they still don't aim.

I've noticed the less grey thing too. There have been plenty of times recently when it seems like I have taken barely any damage and then BAM, I'm dead. It's just lag and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it.

So U3 GAF just curb stomped some scrub with 10k kills and 59 deaths along with his party in Team Objectives. Poor fellas couldn't leave the post-game lobby fast enough.

Good shit, GS2, Xdye, ScareGoat, and gibration.

That was so good. Great games fellas.

Generally speaking, I feel like I have enough time to react when someone comes up behind me (or where ever) and starts shooting me. Unless I was already hurt before they started firing. But yeah, there have been tons of times where I've been able to turn around and kill someone who was shooting me in the back.

People blind-firing at me is something I've gotten more used to dealing with as time goes by. Fleet Foot Gold booster has helped me a lot in dealing with that, as I feel quick enough to face off with blind-firers, unless they are really close to me. At that point, it always turns into a melee battle where the other person will likely do that annoying "melee-roll" move.

Getting shot while climbing is a different story for me, as I don't use the booster that helps you climb faster. If I'm getting shot while climbing something like a ladder I usually just either drop down and face off with the guy who's shooting me, or try to make it where I was going alive. Neither usually works out all that well for me.

So U3 GAF just curb stomped some scrub with 10k kills and 59 deaths along with his party in Team Objectives. Poor fellas couldn't leave the post-game lobby fast enough.

Good shit, GS2, Xdye, ScareGoat, and gibration.

Gotta admit that Marked Man match was pretty dang close. Talk about big time stat-padder.

Alternatively you can buy a pair of HomePlugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HomePlug

Just need a tad longer ethernet cable so I don't have to keep moving my PS3 like a feet or 2 away from its regular position.

And don't post the new gif as an answer please. I think it was already overused on gaf in general.

Just last night. I can get away most of the times by sprinting and wallbouncing a grenade so they die. I will take map shortcuts to get to a higher location, such as jumping on a crate or a piece of cover. The climbing is very annoying however so I always hope that my character doesn't try to do the "I-can-really-grab-this-part-but-I-can't-right-now" animation.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
uncharted37ruw2.jpg

hao chi

Gotta admit that Marked Man match was pretty dang close. Talk about big time stat-padder.

Marked Man is kinda a crapshoot anyway though. :p

Just last night. I can get away most of the times by sprinting and wallbouncing a grenade so they die. I will take map shortcuts to get to a higher location, such as jumping on a crate or a piece of cover. The climbing is very annoying however so I always hope that my character doesn't try to do the "I-can-really-grab-this-part-but-I-can't-right-now" animation.

Omg this. So much this. Why the hell is that animation in this game this.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

I can react and escape from gun fire most of the time. I see the grey screen and stay in cover to heal. There are many times where I can turn around and defeat the guy shooting at me. Climbing is a different story, however. 99% of the time I'm climbing and I get shot, I die instantly. Even with Monkey Man gold I'll still die sometimes. The reason why you're not seeing the grey screen anymore is because all people are doing is blindfiring. You can generally escape people aiming at you if you sprint and are at a good distance between you and your opponent. But since blindfire is so prevalent right now, everything is CQC and you won't be able to escape the blindfire + melee move or the melee-instant cancellation roll + melee trick.

gibration

It helps to play with teammates who actually work as a team. Like last night, there were times where i'd be a bullet away from death but with a few evasive maneuvers and a teammate to help, I was able to fight back. I also have these routes I follow in every map that allow me to gain the advantage from my enemy whenever I am put in a tough situation. Of course, they don't work 100% of the time but they have proven to be effective. Climbing while getting shot at can be tough to escape. I guess that depends on your surroundings and/or how far you've climbed. Idk, it could all depend on how good of a shot your opponent has too. Learn to adapt and there'll be a higher chance of you coming out of it alive. That's my 2¢ on all this.

Just went 27/8 on London(No Intro). Got 3210 tournament points. I think I'll stick to M9 with RoF and extra ammo, along Bargain and Mega Bomb. Works flawlessly.

EDIT: Invested 9 tickets today, won Silver tier. Awesome.

Xdye7

September Q&A is up:

1. Are you guys looking into removing TDM treasures from Elim? (RevisIsland78)

Elimination was a game mode that was added post release so in order for the playlist to have any treasures at all we added TDM treasures to it. Think of it this way: the treasure drops are random in all games modes and are set up for co-op or competitive sets. So both TDM and Elimination will see competitive treasures drop.

2. What kinds of decisions are you making about classic mode? (thefury500)

Patch 1.15 will bring upon a slew of gameplay changes and…we don’t want to say anything quite yet as everything is still being tested but, yes, we’ll be putting a Classic mode into the game.

3. Will there be another Double XP event after this one? (TeabagMcFrag)

Absolutely, we plan to hold these around the holidays in most cases. We’re exploring other kinds of events as well.

4. Since you guys at ND removed the 76-99 levels, is it possible to have them after reaching 5th legacy? (xXGoldenArthurXx)

5th legacy will be the cap. For the sake of matchmaking we will be making changes in patch 1.15 that will treat each level of Legacy as 5 additional levels. So, for example, if you are Legacy 5 you will be marked as level 100 although you won’t see that. We never had levels 76-99 in the game and we won’t be including those.

5. Are you guys aware of the extremely frequent party splits that have been occurring since 1.14? (SouthpawLP)

We have made changes to the matchmaking in patch 1.15 that will help correct this.

6. Have you guys ever considered adding more character dialogue to your MP to make it even more lively? (StardustSpeedway)

The dialogue we have in the multiplayer is capped for resource and technical reasons. Mostly so we have resource room to add other elements to multiplayer. Also, once we are done with the actors, it’s a real challenge getting back into the studio. The scheduling required to execute the amount of dialog we have in the game is quite tight and once we do a series of sessions, we pretty much done!

7. Are there any plans in the works to increase the treasure drop rate for rare treasures over all or more smooth system to collect treasures? (Mega8BitPanda)

We discuss this regularly and may be holding some event weekends in which rare treasure will drop more frequently at some point. Also, patch 1.15 will address the treasure drop system.

8. When can we expect 1.15 to come out ? (rapha_333)

We are targeting early October right now but the actual release date might move in or move out based on testing and a number of other factors. So… Soon™

9. Will there be any new maps (with textures) later on? (SjShane)

We currently don’t have any plans for new maps beyond a slew of some very experimental and very unique block mesh maps.

10.When are we going to have the technical fixes patch? Is there one in the works? (Shadow-Man_4)

Patch 1.15 will address some technical fixes, especially with matchmaking.

The answer for the first question doesn't make any sense.

Other than that, patch 1.15 should be good.

EDIT:

Also, patch 1.15 will address the treasure drop system.

It's about goddamn time. /sullysvoice

Uncharted 3 paranormal phenomena

LOL! Could it have happened because the host left? If not, strange...
I should really get back to FFA again as I just need Eddy's FAL and one stat hat set.

The wait for 1.15 is gonna be dreadful, since the game needs lots of fixing. Hopefully there will be plentiful technical fixes, but I highly doubt it. Oh well, I'll have Pokémon Black Version 2 (and possibly One Piece Pirate Warriors. :3) to hold me over during October.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wow, my question was actually answered! woot.

A shame they can't add any more voices, IMO. It would make this MP so much better. I do find it weird that they can't add the numerous recorded dialogue that was extracted from the Subway beta. The extra lines are already there!

Pretty decent Q&A this time. Classic mode should be pretty sweet. I don't know what to think of their "treasure" tweak since ND have said so numerous times before in the past with no improvements whatsoever to the treasure system. I sincerely hope that for my sake, they are indeed tweaked in 1.15.

I HOPE their matchmaking fix (legacy players actually counting as being higher levels than 75) will destroy the complete bullshit unfair team balancing in this game. GOD, PLEASE LET IT BE FIXED.

jett

D-Member
Huh, there's already a lot of dialogue in UC3. UC2 feels like a graveyard in comparison. :p It's just grunts there, mostly.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I know there's a lot more dialogue compared to UC2, but from the sound files people have extracted from the game, the potential could be huge, IMO. There are a lot of voice dialogue that has already been recorded, but not used for some strange reason. Adding them in would be so much better and improve the already great atmosphere in this game. Certain lines like Elena's, "Put 'Em Here!" every time you would high five your buddy were removed from the retail game. It just doesn't make any sense why the remaining ones couldn't be added. They already exist.

I hope that for their next UC MP, they add more and more dialogue.

Xdye7

The way you asked is asking for completely new dialouge to be added.

Anyways, for 1.15 Eric-ND said that each legacy will add an invisible 5 levels on to your 75, which will have something to do with matchmaking.

It will look like this:
Legacy 0: 75
Legacy 1: 80
Legacy 2: 85
Legacy 3: 90
Legacy 4: 95
Legacy 5: 100

I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Level has nothing to do with skill level in U3, it should have no influence on matchmaking.

hao chi

Anyways, for 1.15 Eric-ND said that each legacy will add an invisible 5 levels on to your 75, which will have something to do with matchmaking.

It will look like this:

I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Level has nothing to do with skill level in U3, it should have no influence on matchmaking.

That doesn't really make sense either because there's some people that never legacied but have plenty of experience and skill.

I wish we could have actual skill based matchmaking. I loved how on Halo 2 even if I was playing in a party, I would often get matched against another similarly skilled party.

Unfortunately Uncharted doesn't have the player base Halo 2 had to pull that off though.

It will look like this:

That sounds exploitable, though.

All parties will use a Legacy 0 player as a party leader, lol. The same thing happened in UC2 MP.

I'd rather have strictly ping-based matchmaking.

Eric Monacelli said:
We never had levels 76-99 in the game and we won’t be including those.
ORLY?

I know there's a lot more dialogue compared to UC2, but from the sound files people have extracted from the game, the potential could be huge, IMO. There are a lot of voice dialogue that has already been recorded, but not used for some strange reason. Adding them in would be so much better and improve the already great atmosphere in this game. Certain lines like Elena's, "Put 'Em Here!" every time you would high five your buddy were removed from the retail game. It just doesn't make any sense why the remaining ones couldn't be added. They already exist.

I hope that for their next UC MP, they add more and more dialogue.
It probably has to do with copyrights and stuff like that. Same reason they won't add Rika and other missing skins.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I wish I could have saved that cinema where a guy blindfired two Dragon Sniper shots from like 10 feet away from me and killed me.

Too bad it was a fucking late join. :|

Xdye7

The Dragon and Tau need to have over the shoulder aim. It's such a pain in the ass to shoulder switch, and you can't if your loadout consists of both the Tau and Dragon.

Just remove the scope 'view' and add a circle in the middle. The recoil and zoom level would stay the same.

hao chi

The Dragon and Tau need to have over the shoulder aim. It's such a pain in the ass to shoulder switch, and you can't if your loadout consists of both the Tau and Dragon.

Just remove the scope 'view' and add a circle in the middle. The recoil and zoom level would stay the same.

You can if you use cover.

But yeah, there needs to be another way to shoulder switch with them.

hao chi

wat. How?

You can't manually switch or anything, I just meant take cover so you're aiming over your left shoulder, then after you're aiming move away from the cover and you'll still be shooting over your left shoulder.

It's useful in some situations, but isn't an ideal solution.

Team Tau will be back in action next time. I was waiting to get Chloe's Tau and I finally got the final drop for it last night. I could have gotten it before, but I like having Team Safe on. Just need Eddy's FAL-SS and Draza's Dragon until I have all the weapons. :)

And damn, Rewrite got an awesome Mega Bomb kill when me and him played against CLIQ. You should upload that. I love wall-bouncing MBs because they're always satisfying and hilarious. xD

Xdye7

Team Tau will be back in action next time. I was waiting to get Chloe's Tau and I finally got the final drop for it last night. I could have gotten it before, but I like having Team Safe on. Just need Eddy's FAL-SS and Draza's Dragon until I have all the weapons. :)

And damn, Rewrite got an awesome Mega Bomb kill when me and him played against CLIQ. You should upload that. I love wall-bouncing MBs because they're always satisfying and hilarious. xD

Are the Hardcore weapons the only ones you bought? Draza's Dragon was my most recent gun unlock, lol.

Banked Mega Bombs aren't working for me anymore in TO. It will blow up right beside the enemy and do absolutely no damage. It works fine in other modes though. Maybe it has something to do with the resource limit?

Are the Hardcore weapons the only ones you bought? Draza's Dragon was my most recent gun unlock, lol.

Banked Mega Bombs aren't working for me anymore in TO. It will blow up right beside the enemy and do absolutely no damage. It works fine in other modes though. Maybe it has something to do with the resource limit?

Yep. Was close to buying Chloe's M9, but I decided not to. Found the Skull Bead Emerald later that day.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

Dude, those were some fucking amazing TO games yesterday. It was awesome running into the CLIQ clan again, even if all of them ended up quitting except 1. That Mega Bomb was also amazing. Nothing like the killfeed displaying four of them in a row in rapid succession. Hahaha.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not that anyone cares but: Beat it last night. The last third of the game kinda craps out on what could've been good. I don't really like the fact there's no "end-boss" per say and the lack of supernatural stuff. I'm sure that shut the whiners up but it's a huge missed opportunity to try to explain Nate's "hallucination" with the teapot coming from the water being an actual mythological thing instead of some poisonous drug thing.

That said: Still love the characters outside of Marlowe and Talbot. Who really don't have any exposition on their badness other than "oh, they're just bad... and they kidnapped Sully!" for the game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
After about 4 tries, me, my friend, and GS2 got dat CURATOR trophy! FUCK YEAH.

Greatest feeling in the world. Fuck you armored/RPG guys, you didn't hit that statue once! Ha!

Unfortunately we had no dice for the Airport one where we have to defeat Eddy, Flynn, and Lazarevic within 20 seconds of one another. I think it glitched on us yesterday. :(

Melfice7

Im so tired of accumulating defeats in matches im winning and some even already won and some prick causes the game to crash and it counts as a defeat, and we see them do it too.. his char gets frozen for a few seconds and BAM match is over. and of course the ones that give up after the map vote, resulting in a defeat for everyone as well

fix this shit ND

Not that anyone cares but: Beat it last night. The last third of the game kinda craps out on what could've been good. I don't really like the fact there's no "end-boss" per say and the lack of supernatural stuff. I'm sure that shut the whiners up but it's a huge missed opportunity to try to explain Nate's "hallucination" with the teapot coming from the water being an actual mythological thing instead of some poisonous drug thing.

That said: Still love the characters outside of Marlowe and Talbot. Who really don't have any exposition on their badness other than "oh, they're just bad... and they kidnapped Sully!" for the game.
Actually, you can still interpret it that way. That there is, indeed, a djinn imprisoned in the "teapot". But at the same time, all of the Uncharted's are grounded in reality. Inbred mutations with a disease, guardians hopped up on super-herbal sap and a so called genie trapped in water that happens to be spiked with hallucinogens.

Top Bottom