• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Xdye7

I don't mind doing them so long as we have lots of players joining us. It's really not fun with only 3 players...

They're not that fun. I just wanted to see what it was like.

I played some DLC today, and not once did a default map win over DLC.

You're missing the point though: turning DLC on isn't supposed to be DLC maps only all the time. It vastly improves the map variety so you don't get stuck playing the same few maps over and over.

I'm not missing anything (inb4 "you're missing maps"). The map weighting is poor.

Anyways, I was thinking to get the DD maps first because they currently have priority. If they're good, I'll get FBMP#2 when the DD maps have been thoroughly played. Same goes for for FBMP#1.

I played some DLC today, and not once did a default map win over DLC.

You're missing the point though: turning DLC on isn't supposed to be DLC maps only all the time. It vastly improves the map variety so you don't get stuck playing the same few maps over and over.

For some reason FBMP 1 & 2 is broken in this game. I don't know if it's simply not enough players who don't have the map packs but ND should have just added equal weights or 3 vote options.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This is just embarrassing:

Why don't you play them then? Oh, because default maps still show up in the DLC pool and people vote for them over the DLC maps.
Talking out of your ass again. Hooray. Default maps still show up to vote in the DLC pool, and it's not that they get outvoted next to the DLC maps, it's just that there's times where the two maps available for selection are default maps. You wouldn't know this of course because you lack the DLC maps. Regardless, you're generally still facing off better experienced players in the DLC pool.

You like challenge? What was that about getting easy kills in the unpatched Block Map 1? Chateau zipline room?
The Block Map 1 did provide me with easy headshots for my Dragon Sniper post and patched map. Problem? It's not my fault there was a lot of open areas and a ton of campers thinking they were invisible at the top. If people are camping in an area (zipline room, stair case in LU), they are easy kills because you can flush them out with power weapons, grenades, or grenade kickbacks. Was I bragging about it? Nope. It's not my fault that those areas are popular for camping in TDM.

Or that time when we ran into Saudi Elite? You raged and played solo for the rest of the night. Or did you feel it wasn't challenging, so you left?
I'm not going to subject myself to frustration when I'm playing this game solely to have fun. Why on earth would I willingly stay in the lobby against a party of super laggy 5 try hards when I know there's no chance of winning against their lag ESPECIALLY when we just finished playing against them? If you enjoy dying over and over again due to laggy players who are in other countries, that's fine by me, but don't think I'm going to tolerate idiotic decisions that affects my (and everyone else that was partied up) enjoyment of this game due to, "but I think we can beat their lag" mentality.

And if you're really tired of curb stomping everyone, then buy the DLC maps. There are more experienced players in the DLC pool who provide more challenge. If you're too cheap to get the DLC maps, then keep the party short with just 2-3 players. It's a lot more fun that way instead of being in a party of 5, IMO.

Yeah, I've also played DLC maps with DLC off, only because I met another stacked party of 5.

But I think that they should remove Default maps from the rotation when you play with DLC on. Why? Because when the majority votes for a Default map and some people leave the match, then people who don't have the DLC maps will late join the match. Which means that you won't be able to vote for DLC maps in the next matches, unless you back out.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
But I think that they should remove Default maps from the rotation when you play with DLC on. Why? Because when the majority votes for a Default map and some people leave the match, then people who don't have the DLC maps will late join the match. Which means that you won't be able to vote for DLC maps in the next matches, unless you back out.
lol wha-, nvm. Uncharted 3

I never knew that. No wonder. i've had the same thing happen to me when I have the toggle off, but it's so rare for that to happen.

Xdye7

Talking out of your ass again. Hooray. Default maps still show up to vote in the DLC pool, and it's not that they get outvoted next to the DLC maps, it's just that there's times where the two maps available for selection are default maps. You wouldn't know this of course because you lack the DLC maps. Regardless, you're generally still facing off better experienced players in the DLC pool.

I actually have all of the DLC maps, it's just that I've been extremely unlucky in matchmaking and keep getting two default maps to vote for.

Every time you say there are better players in the DLC pool, I experience the exact opposite. Last night I ran into JosephW27, gt5y6, and Dai-A667. Not to mention the usual parties full of tryhards. People on the NDF also say the average skill level in the two player pools is pretty much the same. Many have switched to the default pool because it's less laggy.

The Block Map 1 did provide me with easy headshots for my Dragon Sniper post and patched map. Problem? It's not my fault there was a lot of open areas and a ton of campers thinking they were invisible at the top. If people are camping in an area (zipline room, stair case in LU), they are easy kills because you can flush them out with power weapons, grenades, or grenade kickbacks. Was I bragging about it? Nope. It's not my fault that those areas are popular for camping in TDM.

You said you like challenge, yet you have no problem with these maps being like this. That was my point.

I'm not going to subject myself to frustration when I'm playing this game solely to have fun. Why on earth would I willingly stay in the lobby against a party of super laggy 5 try hards when I know there's no chance of winning against their lag ESPECIALLY when we just finished playing against them? If you enjoy dying over and over again due to laggy players who are in other countries, that's fine by me, but don't think I'm going to tolerate idiotic decisions that affects my (and everyone else that was partied up) enjoyment of this game due to, "but I think we can beat their lag" mentality.

Lesson learned lol. I've played each of those players when they weren't partied up (I wasn't partied up either) and they're not even good; that's why I thought we could beat them. The only player who didn't quit against me was Never_Challenge7. I guess 5 laggers is just too much.

If you're too cheap to get the DLC maps, then keep the party short with just 2-3 players. It's a lot more fun that way instead of being in a party of 5, IMO.

Smaller parties are definitely more fun. But, everyone on my friends list is fun to play with, and I simply can't exclude them just because I want to play in a smaller party. If one of you has the heart to kick/exclude people, be party leader instead of me. I only host because I have good internet.

Xdye7's posts... served with a hint of sarcasm.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Thanks for the awesome PLUNDAAAAAAA games tonight, Bleach, Code, and Xdye. So much laughter on the mic tonight and so many fun games. Laughing from the most trivial shit is always a formula to me having a great time.

I will find the original source of that NeoGAF gif so you can photoshop it to say Uncharted 3 at the end of it, Bleach. It WILL be glorious. :lol

Raging right now.

1. Molten Ruins plunder spawning is a discrace.

2. Those fucking new hats and shit cause people to have like what, 8 fucking emblems under their name? Half of them are boosters. It feels like blindfire got better then aiming. Skill does not seem to matter anymore.

3. I do not want to, like ever, join a game in progress anymore.

I used to really like this game.

Thanks for the awesome PLUNDAAAAAAA games tonight, Bleach, Code, and Xdye. So much laughter on the mic tonight and so many fun games. Laughing from the most trivial shit is always a formula to me having a great time.

I will find the original source of that NeoGAF gif so you can photoshop it to say Uncharted 3 at the end of it, Bleach. It WILL be glorious. :lol

PLUNDA! Playing DLC maps on them was fun. I miss our 3v3 Lab matches, despite getting unhelpful mates most of the time.

Raging right now.

1. Molten Ruins plunder spawning is a discrace.

2. Those fucking new hats and shit cause people to have like what, 8 fucking emblems under their name? Half of them are boosters. It feels like blindfire got better then aiming. Skill does not seem to matter anymore.

3. I do not want to, like ever, join a game in progress anymore.

I used to really like this game.

Yeah, Molten Ruins is pretty harsh. I don't like playing on it, so I always vote for its opposition. Blindfire has increased since the G-MAL's recoil, so lots of people are doing it with other weapons. It's a mess especially since the "new" overpowered weapon is the M9 with the Rate of Fire Mod. I don't know why people are now complaining when it should have been looked at since FAL nerf. :/

To prevent joining a game in progress, just do the Profile screen trick. Bring up your profile while you're searching, then if it kicks the screen off, it will mean that you're about to late join. Back out before you get placed.

hao chi

It would be so incredibly easy to fix Molten Ruins. Just place a treasure chest by the helicopter, and the other team will spawn on the opposite side of the map.

That would also solve the problem of the Villains chest being in an awful spot. WHY did ND place the chest right by the ledge?

Xdye7

That was tons of fun.

Why was "where are you from" so funny? I was so surprised when he said "london" lol.

---

A toggle for stats on hats is coming in the next patch.

http://community.us.playstation.com...-Hat-Toggle-coming-in-next-patch/m-p/38178659

gibration

This is the final stage of the new DLC content but we have a ton more in store for you including patch 1.15. We’ll have details on Patch 1.15 once the patch has been tested and is ready to go.

Looks like there's more DLC to come. Also, ND needs to get rid of that rolling technique everybody uses. It's annoying as shit when I melee someone and they take no damage. Makes all close combat a bitch to deal with it.

Gorillaz

They are serious going all in on this aren't they?
10/10 would buy again.

your damn right
forget the PSN card, this is worth just putting in your debt card
image.php

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
- Blindfire rushers still kill you when you're aiming at them because your bullets don't stop them at ALL?
- Blindfire having stopping power?
- Kicked out of the game for no reason and getting an unfair loss?
- Someone quits in Hunter and you lose everything + get a loss?
- Playing as a lone wolf and getting matched up against parties of 5 try hards?
- Unfair team balancing?
- Getting stuck with shitty split screeners?
- Getting split from your party?
- ND nickel & dime everyone by selling everything that's available through in-game as DLC?
- Getting shot through a wall due to lag?
- Lag, LAG, LAG?
- That 10% blindfire decrease on the M9 not making ANY difference whatsoever at ALL?
- Got reset and lost all your progress with NO way of getting everything you've worked so hard for?
- Rate of Fire?
- Joining a game only for the game to end within seconds of you joining it?
- Bouncing a Mega Bomb at a ceiling and not killing anyone?
- Shitty randoms getting marked over and over again in Team Objective's Marked Man?
- Parties boosting for trophies/boosters in Plunder making it a 20 minute deathmatch?
- Two teams working their asses off tying the score 2-2 in Team Objective, only to let a 30 second Deathmatch round decide the round?
- Spawning only to get killed by a grenade?
- A random invisible person killing you for no reason? (dead man glitch)
- Are you and your team mate down in co-op arena, and your friend fully revives you only for him to die in the process making the game think everyone died, thus wasting 3 of your lives?
- Servers randomly going down for a few hours and automatically kicking your off from the MP?
- Capture Trooper from Killzone 3 fitting in the Uncharted 3 universe, but skins like Riki Raja/Pinkerton don't for some hurr durr reason despite their sound files being extracted from the Subway beta?
- Tournament system causing you to waste tickets due to you losing, despite you doing really good or randomly getting removed from the game due to technical issues?
- Power plays?
- Seeing two targets and your reticle acts up because the aim assist doesn't know which two of the targets it wants you to aim at giving your enemies enough time to kill you?
- Shooting a THOUSAND bullets just to kill someone in Shades Mode?
- Late joining in Hunter being available in the beta, but somehow removed from the retail game due to "technical" issues?
- Villains in Hunter Arena being completely useless, taking a shitload of time to respawn, while the heroes gain their kickbacks every time they score an idol, respawn within seconds + unleashing a wave of death when they score...not to mention being such a HORRIBLE MODE THAT HASN'T BEEN FIXED?
- Treasure drops in arena being the same common treasures over and over again with no hope of EVER completing your remainder sets?
- Not being able to see who you're partied up with in the friends section of the game?
- Randomly losing control of your character for seconds?
- Hacked leaderboards?
- Airstrip, London Underground, Airstrip (No Intro), London Underground (No Intro) x100?
- No Yemen ever in Team Deathmatch?
- Did you find a full room only to have everyone disappear for no reason?
- In-game stats (kills, deaths) not counting if you sign out of PSN?
- Getting matched up with people from other countries?
- Spinning ring of death because someone has a black screen and is unaware that he/she is the reason why the game won't load?
- Are you almost going to win a match only to have everyone removed from the game because the host quit?
- Your options not saving the next time you boot the game?
- Did you just smoke bombed only to be killed anyways?
- Having 1 team spawn near power weapons in 3 Team Deathmatch?
- Do you see the stealth icon and try going for a stealth kill only to have your character either 1) punch the enemy or 2) punch the air like an idiot?
- Naughty Dog answering easy questions and dodging the really good ones in the Q&A threads over at their forums?
- "Soon™" or "Might™"?
- FHC being a complete joke?
- Naughty Dog pretending co-op arena doesn't exist?
- Did you die because you were trying to get in cover, but the slow ass cover animation is the reason you died?
- Why bother to aim when blindfire is KING?

OO4Zs.gif

GIF credit goes to Bleach.

:lol <3 YOU.

gibration

- Kicked out of the game for no reason and getting an unfair loss?
- Getting split from your party?
- Getting shot through a wall due to lag?
- Joining a game only for the game to end within seconds of you joining it?
- Spawning only to get killed by a grenade?
- Are you and your team mate down in co-op arena, and your friend fully revives you only for him to die in the process making the game think everyone died, thus wasting 3 of your lives?
- Seeing two targets and your reticle acts up because the aim assist doesn't know which two of the targets it wants you to aim at giving your enemies enough time to kill you?
- Treasure drops in arena being the same common treasures over and over again with no hope of EVER completing your remainder sets?
- No Yemen ever in Team Deathmatch?
- Spinning ring of death because someone has a black screen and is unaware that he/she is the reason why the game won't load?
- Are you almost going to win a match only to have everyone removed from the game because the host quit?
- Did you just smoke bombed only to be killed anyways?
- Did you die because you were trying to get in cover, but the slow ass cover animation is the reason you died?
These are the most common problems I come across with. Some happen more than others like the Smoke Bomb one. I've thought about switching medal kickback because of that issue but when it works, it really helps. That split party thing has been around since day 1 too. sigh.

Getting removed from games for no reason is incredibly frustrating. Always happens to me right near the end of matches, too. :/

On another note, I got a bonus at work so I'm going to use some of that extra cash to buy up all the DLC. The map packs, anyway.

GRIP

Anybody here use GAF as a clan tag? I ran into someone tonight using it and wasn't sure if it was just a coincidence. I late joined the match and got kicked about 30 seconds into it (for no reason) so can't pull up the match to see what the user tag was.

Anybody here use GAF as a clan tag? I ran into someone tonight using it and wasn't sure if it was just a coincidence. I late joined the match and got kicked about 30 seconds into it (for no reason) so can't pull up the match to see what the user tag was.

I do. May have been me, I was playing for a few hours up until now.

Protip: when you are in a stacked party, make sure that the party leader is a dependable person (stable connection -preferably wired-, adequate upload -1 Mbps recommended-, no ragequitting).

Yesterday I was kicked out of a game ("You were removed from the game") because the leader (who also happened to be the host) abused the XMB sign out trick!

LMAO at Rewrite's list. Reading that induced a little rage. It feels good not playing, why not do the same? It's almost as if most of you are like the battered spouses in an abusive relationship just going back for more because "it has its good days and its an otherwise great concept". Ef that. If ND are incapable of maintaining a consistent marriage of gameplay, concept, theme and balance, then they don't deserve my support. Simple as that.

I have this personal beef with the game and just wish most of the community would follow my lead (edit: if they dislike it as much as me). Just in hopes that UC4 mp will be good. As is, I expect the worst.

Xdye, GS2, gibration, hao-chi, fun games last night dudes!

I felt like we got matched up against a lot of competent teams of players, but why do they all give up so easily/fast? After we'd take round one the other team would suddenly lose all hope and most of them would quit. Lame :/

Xdye, GS2, gibration, hao-chi, fun games last night dudes!

I felt like we got matched up against a lot of competent teams of players, but why do they all give up so easily/fast? After we'd take round one the other team would suddenly lose all hope and most of them would quit. Lame :/

Yup, had lots of fun playing with you all, issues aside. Props to those who stayed.

I've only gotten Bronze tier once so I could get the Gold weapons lock off the screen. Sad to see that I need to keep doing them every week to keep them. Eff that. I don't like this tournament mode.

~
And after many matches trying to get a Hi-5, FINALLY TEAM SAFE GOLD. Just need Monkey Man Gold now and I'll have my loadouts back to their original form. I'll try to stay wired from now on if I have to host. I should probably buy a longer ethernet cable.

Xdye7

Last night was certainly interesting. I can understand why Bleach won't play anymore.

Notice how none of that happens when I'm party leader :p

About my last match, sorry for leaving. Watching the enemy team literally run through my exploding grenades is far from OK. I was gonna leave after than match anyways and I really didn't feel like sitting through that bullshit.

hao chi

So U3 GAF just curb stomped some scrub with 10k kills and 59 deaths along with his party in Team Objectives. Poor fellas couldn't leave the post-game lobby fast enough.

Good shit, GS2, Xdye, ScareGoat, and gibration.

GRIP

So U3 GAF just curb stomped some scrub with 10k kills and 59 deaths along with his party in Team Objectives. Poor fellas couldn't leave the post-game lobby fast enough.

Pretty sure I know who you are talking about. Dude just plays 3TDM non stop against his alt accounts and goes 20-0 every match. It's pathetic.

Xdye7

The "d" at the end might be capitalized.

Edit: What parties haven't we curbed stomped?

The ones we haven't met yet.

hao chi

The "d" at the end might be capitalized.

Edit: What parties haven't we curbed stomped?

The ones we haven't met yet.

I don't think he had a capital 'd', but I was also tired when I checked, so he might.

I haven't found him on ND's site yet, but I did find the stats for IVIaster_KiD, and it looks like one of his alts. 552 kills 0 deaths, and a perfect 44-0 win/loss record.

Lol, some people on this game are ridiculous.

Top Bottom