• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

It's like since they released Drake's Deception, they forgot that you can climb stuff.

London Streets, Oasis, Old Quarter and now this new Fisher Price map again.....

Hate it.

I'm excited for the Objective labs, especially the 3v3 Objectives. Hammer could get annoying tho. :x

GGs last night, hao-chi and Rewrite. No idea why I kept getting those plugs but I got really annoyed that I got them two games in a row. Oh well. Lots of None Shall Pass medals!

lmfao.

jett

D-Member
It's like since they released Drake's Deception, they forgot that you can climb stuff.

Hate it.

There's climbing in Old Quarter...but London Streets is indeed pretty weird for an Uncharted map. Oasis has all sorts of problems.

Bladenic

So apparently my Newegg pre-order of U3 Game of the Year Edition just shipped. I checked on Wikipedia and it says that it's only for Europe? But Newegg shipped it to me, and I wanted to get it back for a refund but they say it's unavailable for that. I have too many other games and I prefer the U3 cover and it's cheaper, but I guess I have no choice now lol.

gibration

Hate it.
The first block mesh map was pretty good. You could climb just about anything in that map.
There's climbing in Old Quarter...but London Streets is indeed pretty weird for an Uncharted map. Oasis has all sorts of problems.
This new block mesh map is just as weird. I don't know what the hell Robert Cogburn was thinking when he was making this.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Figures they'd give out codes while I'm at work. Damn. Missed my chance.

Can't wait to try out Block Mesh Map #2. It'll at least be better than the fucking garbage that was Shotguns and Mag Lab.

jett

D-Member
Man so much hate for the mesh map. It's fine, that's why it's on the lab, it's an outlet for ND to experiment and for us to try their weird maps out. :p The first one was strange too but I really enjoyed it. I kind of like the visuals too, trippy.

I think this new block mesh map is a little weird -- it feels cramped, but I thought the same about the first one and that one grew on me like crazy. I loved it.

Xdye7

There are some interesting labs coming up. I wonder how big the "HUGE" maps will be.

One that I'm really looking forward to trying:

LPgwX.jpg

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I really doubt it'll increase it, but I hope I'm fucking wrong. The DLC pool seems dead when you're partied up with 4 or 5 people...otherwise if you're a lone wolf or in a 2 man party you'll find matches pretty quickly.

I played the new block lab. I'm not really sure how I feel about it, but I'm gearing towards the side that I don't like it mainly because there's really NO places to climb whatsoever. It's like London Streets...where you're just running and gunning, which is OK, but Uncharted is all about traversal which includes climbing up places. The color scheme of this one really hurts my eyes for some reason and it's hard to tell what the hell is going on most of the time due to the bright color scheme. I'll give it a few more tries, but Block Map 1 was 100x better than this one.

I just had my most lop-sided TDM win so far. Myself and a bunch of other randoms stomped another team in the Lab 50-10. No one on the other team quit either, I was shocked. They were all ranked high, and did appear to be trying -- but seemed super confused by the block mesh map. It was mystifying.

Man, I wish rare treasure drop weekend comes soon. I have a feeling it will come out during Halloween, but then again nothing is ever set in stone with ND. I just want to complete the co-op sets. :/

jett

D-Member
I just had my most lop-sided TDM win so far. Myself and a bunch of other randoms stomped another team in the Lab 50-10. No one on the other team quit either, I was shocked. They were all ranked high, and did appear to be trying -- but seemed super confused by the block mesh map. It was mystifying.

Congrats, but you still got a ways to go!

hftBg.jpg

jett

D-Member
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/20/starhawk-now-on-the-playstation-store/

I wonder how hard can it be to release a downloadable version of UC3 MP?

It was done with Killzone 3...so probably not too hard? What I would like is a patch with mandatory multiplayer install + a reduction in lobby times for quicker loading times. 50-60 seconds to get your loadouts ready is too long. When you join a game already in progress it's usually just 20 seconds you have to wait.

It was done with Killzone 3...so probably not too hard? What I would like is a patch with mandatory multiplayer install + a reduction in lobby times for quicker loading times. 50-60 seconds to get your loadouts ready is too long. When you join a game already in progress it's usually just 20 seconds you have to wait.
Sony would never approve a mandatory MP install. They just announced a PS3 model with only 12GB of flash storage.

Optional? Maybe, but I doubt it. I've been asking for this since April 2010 (UC2 MP).

They can make a lot of money by releasing a downloadable version of UC3 MP, though.

$15 for UC3 MP and $30 for UC3 MP + DLC maps. Do it ND!

Fabrik

Banned
So I had a PS3 for one week and had the opportunity to play my first Uncharted game. I was coming with the notion that those games were very linear and the platforming very automated. And both are true but it doesn't matter because you want to keep playing to see what is going to happen and see the characters interact. There's more tension in this game than most Holywood blockbusters, probably because the hero can die in an action sequence if you mess up. It works better than in films.
The dialogs and character development/charisma are at the top of the industry.
The chapters flow nicely and you have to make a big effort to stop.
I heard that 3 is worse than 2 but I didn't see any flaw with it, the story is great, the locales varied and exotic, it's like playing a 21th century Indiana Jones.
Great game. Some combat scenario were randomly difficult though.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
JUST AND FYI- Target has Uncharted 3 for $19.99 today I just grabbed a copy. Have been waiting a price drop but didn't expect to see it this cheap so I had to Jump In..

Uncharted gaf,

When does one spawn instantly, when automatically and when after pressing square?

Also: do skeletons have smaller hitboxes? No right?

Also: so many disconnects recently....

Also: does everybody have their standard action when starting a game?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't understand some of your questions so I'll only answer the ones I do.

Skeletons have the same hitboxes as everyone, including the doughnut skins.

There has been a lot of recent disconnects these past few days. For what reason, I don't know. I've actually gotten the "Unknown String" message in co-op which I haven't gotten since the Subway beta.

Thanks for aswering.

I'll clarify the first one: When one dies, there will be a counter counting down to the moment you can respawn. Sometimes I will respawn as soon as the counter hits 0. Sometimes I just get the screen with options (respawn/spawn on buddy) and sometimes that screen stays there for a while and then i respawn automatically.

Anybody know if there is a system behind that?

About the last question, for example if I start in dessert village, I almost always run to a position where I can see the stairs on the side of the level going to the well. Free kills with the sniper. How about you guys?

Dibbz

It's be nice if they patched in the ability to play DLC maps that I have bought :| This is what I get for buying just one map pack. It's fucking dumb.

Thanks for aswering.

I'll clarify the first one: When one dies, there will be a counter counting down to the moment you can respawn. Sometimes I will respawn as soon as the counter hits 0. Sometimes I just get the screen with options (respawn/spawn on buddy) and sometimes that screen stays there for a while and then i respawn automatically.

Anybody know if there is a system behind that?

About the last question, for example if I start in dessert village, I almost always run to a position where I can see the stairs on the side of the level going to the well. Free kills with the sniper. How about you guys?

Not too sure about my answer on your first question, but the quick spawn might be due to time or maybe the tension of the match (as in how much activity is taking place and who's in control)? Again, not sure, but it seems like it's that way from what I've experienced.

I tend to move to a power weapon spot if I see no one on my team is going for it. If they are, I may move in as well to protect them from opposing enemies. I also like going the opposite way of where everyone goes just to flank them.

The wait for this one is long. I really am hoping this address fixes and game balances, but nothing was set in stone.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I always go for the power weapons at the start of the match. It's always a race to see who gets it first and I love it. I ain't letting the other team have control of it at the start of the match!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Apparently, everyone gets a new taunt for free....and this was revealed in America's Next Top Model.

w
a
t

hao chi

I always go for the power weapons at the start of the match. It's always a race to see who gets it first and I love it. I ain't letting the other team have control of it at the start of the match!

It feels like whenever we play it's usually me that gets to the power weapons first, so I feel like a massive power weapon whore.

...not that I'd have it any other way. :D

Otherwise we risk Xdye firing random Hammer shots at us in the hill without Team Safe.

hao chi

Random? Lol, keep thinking that. I have no problem team killing you guys.

Round 1 KOTH on Yemen and Molten Ruins ftw

Yeah, except A: you were right next to the guy you shot with the Hammer, and came close to killing yourself, and B: you were swearing up and down you thought you had Team Safe on.

You DO care, you're just irresponsible with the Hammer.

Top Bottom