• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Xdye7

Yeah, except A: you were right next to the guy you shot with the Hammer, and came close to killing yourself, and B: you were swearing up and down you thought you had Team Safe on.

You DO care, you're just irresponsible with the Hammer.

I don't even know what you're talking about. Map/which hill? I have a feeling it's the top molten ruins hill lol

The one time I remember thinking I had team safe on was when I killed two teammates on LU with a mega bomb.

Edit: I tend not to hesitate with power weapons due to all the instakill bullshit in this game (kickbacks, lag). Also, it's just a game.

hao chi

I don't even know what you're talking about. Map/which hill? I have a feeling it's the top molten ruins hill lol

The one time I remember thinking I had team safe on was when I killed two teammates on LU with a mega bomb.

Edit: I tend not to hesitate with power weapons due to all the instakill bullshit in this game (kickbacks, lag). Also, it's just a game.

Yeah, like four of us were in the Mag-5 hill on Molten, an enemy climbed in the hill and just ran straight for the middle, and most of us were already shooting him when you spazzed out and starting firing away with whatever you had equipped - which happened to be a Hammer.

And I know it's just a game. Do you seriously think I'm mad? Just giving you shit per usual. ;)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Great matches yesterday guys! It's been a while since we've all played, but god damn it's always amazing playing with each other. dat party of 5 against our party of 3 defeated. :bow

Also, aside from Classic Mode being added...I really don't see what patch 1.15 will add anything different to this game if you already hate it. You're just setting yourselves up for disappointment. If you don't like the state that the game is in right now, this patch will change nothing.

Great matches yesterday guys! It's been a while since we've all played, but god damn it's always amazing playing with each other. dat party of 5 against our party of 3 defeated. :bow

Also, aside from Classic Mode being added...I really don't see what patch 1.15 will add anything different to this game if you already hate it. You're just setting yourselves up for disappointment. If you don't like the state that the game is in right now, this patch will change nothing.
I guess that's really what I'm hoping for. I WANT to like the game, but its mechanics kill it for me. A non-bullshit mode without hardcore's BS may do the trick...?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Maybe it can! Though ND hasn't mentioned anything how the mode is going to work. Whether or not there will be weapon pick ups, how much health, etc.

Honestly I just want something where I feel as though skill and bullshit are not one.

When I play I usually sense a lack of strategy to shooting your opponents since everything is so random with kickbacks, powerplays and frustrating shooting mechanics. At least a classic mode will add a little bit of strategy back to the game(power weapon chase, no kickback to worry about etc.) The shooting mechanics though need to go in UC4. I played this game from the sept. beta all the way till now and I STILL don't like it although I'm used to it.

Recoil plus sticky aim assist and fast moving characters don't mix.

Dibbz

I ended up buying Flashback Map Pack #1 since I couldn't get any matches with just #2 and holy hell these maps look unreal. It really sucks not everyone who owns UC3 can play these maps because they are a lot better than some of the crap *cough*Facility*cough* that came standard.

Xdye7

Just pointing out that he lied about being done with Uncharted, and his newest excuse not to buy the DLC was BS.

I definitely said until 1.15. Maybe indirectly, but whatever.

I can't see myself playing this game (as) much anymore, so why bother with the now even more ridiculously priced DLC? I can get the full game and all of the FHC content for $40, but the map packs + shades mode bundle is $30 on PSN. It should be $20, tops (because the launch version of UC3 alone is selling for $20, as is UC2).

There's next to no chance of ND lowering the prices. FFS they're selling skins unlocked by default for $0.99, and DLC skins used to go for $0.49 (which were mysteriously discounted).

Aside from Classic Mode, treasure fixes, matchmaking fixes, and all the things we don't know about being added; there's nothing that will make you want to play again! :D

It seems ND is next to finished with this game. Communication with fans is next to zero (again). Only Eric-ND has signed into the NDF in the past month. They've created "The Lab" schedule for the next year (then it starts repeating)....

I dunno. We'll see what happens after 1.15 is released.

It seems ND is next to finished with this game. Communication with fans is next to zero (again). Only Eric-ND has signed into the NDF in the past month.
Speaking of which, does anyone remember this thread?

http://community.us.playstation.com...ading-U3-stops-working/m-p/36980290#U36980290

January 2012
Arne said:
If you're having any of these issues we've listed above on a CONSISTENT basis - we may be interested in actually getting your PS3 into our studio to see if we can troubleshoot this some more. I know that's a lot to ask, but that's where we are at to be able to investigate further -- you'll definitely need to be in the United States to be considered.
One thing to note - if you are having a disk not reading or not showing up in your XMB for Uncharted 3 AND other games - then it's likely you'll want your hardware looked at by technical support. If you're ONLY getting this for Uncharted 3, then let's talk.
Let's get the discussion rolling by getting people in the US, who have these issues, posting (again) in this thread with exactly what your problem is, what HW you are using (which PS3, phat/slim, 60gb/160gb/etc.). AND please ONLY post if you are willing to consider shipping your unit off to us. Can you let us know what state you are located in as well?
We'll contact folks individually via PM after we get this rolling.
Thanks.
Very very Soon (TM), right Arne? Oh well, I guess he's busy enjoying his trip to Japan... who cares about cheap PR stunts for an 1-year old game.

Bladenic

Started playing today finally, in chapter 10. Why does Elena's face look so weird and different?

Also I get this weird thing ocassionally where the music skips for like a second, as in it completely stops for a second then continues. Almost like it's lagging or buffering.

Otherwise, amazing game so far.

eloestmn

Why does Elena's face look so weird and different?

I think its because the team they had work on Drakes Deception just finished watching Deliverance when they made her character model and they figured, "Hey, why dont we make Elena look like the banjo playing inbred kid?"

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I think its because the team they had work on Drakes Deception just finished watching Deliverance when they made her character model and they figured, "Hey, why dont we make Elena look like the banjo playing inbred kid?"
:lol

vazel

Banned
Best explanation I've read yet.

Xdye7

New Lab!

Pistols Only Plunder. Para 9 w/ 120 rounds.

Definitely gonna try this later tonight. Anybody want to party up?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
bu bu bu I'm done till 1.15.

Another lie.

WHAT A SURPRISE.

Can't wait to try out the lab. Pistols only Plunder fucking rocked in UC2. It should be awesome here too. Maybe people will *GASP* capture and move the idol just like people did in UC2's version of it.

Very very Soon (TM), right Arne? Oh well, I guess he's busy enjoying his trip to Japan... who cares about cheap PR stunts for an 1-year old game.
arne won't post until he's (either him or ND) called out in a thread/within a thread and has to do damage control.

Xdye7

bu bu bu I'm done till 1.15.

Another lie.

WHAT A SURPRISE

umad

I totally forgot about this Lab and to be honest I was expecting 1.15 to be out by now (I thought I'd be playing this lab in 1.15). ND said they were aiming for early October and then went AFK for a month. Oh well.

I never got to play Pistols Only Plunder in UC2, but I did play Pistols Only TDM and that shit was awesome. Got my only 2 Rampants in it.

hao chi

Can't wait to try out the lab. Pistols only Plunder fucking rocked in UC2. It should be awesome here too. Maybe people will *GASP* capture and move the idol just like people did in UC2's version of it.

What the fuck you can capture the idol? I thought it was just bait.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What the fuck you can capture the idol? I thought it was just bait.
It is! Shh! Don't say anything!

Omg the chapter where you're on horseback. Ugh. First half of the game was so much better.
I really did like that chapter...but playing the game on Crushing made me hate that section with a fucking PASSION. So much bullshit.

I don't know what chapter 12 is, but if it's the ship section, it was my favorite part in the entire game along with the chateau. Just so many ways you can flank people in the ship/water area. Loved it.

----

Played a few Lab matches and it's fucking awesome. Not as good as UC2's version because the para doesn't compare to the beauty that was the 92FS, but it's a blast. People don't camp because it's useless since people can't aim for shit, and people are grabbing the idol and trying to score. It's really great.

One thing I can't fucking stand though is the blindfire. GOD. I HATE IT. It's so effective, even without the blindfire accuracy mod equipped. So many times where I'm aiming at someone at a good enough distance and I'll die due to the blindfire + punch. SO SO AWFUL.

Something needs to be done about the effectiveness of blindfire. FFS, there was a few matches tonight where that's what everyone did. Why bother aiming when blindfire is just as effective? So dumb.

gibration

There's the usual grenades you can pick up throughout the map. I'd rather they take out grenades completely. It feels nice not having to worry about them. The shield can seem a bit overpowering at times. Guess that's when a grenade would come in handy. This lab only lasts for a week anyways, next week we get a new block mesh map.

So what are the criteria for the idol to respawn?

-Obviouosly a score.

-It not being touched for a certain amount of time. (how long?)

-Sometimes as soon as I touch it, it respawns. Very frustrating.

It seems so random and sometimes stupid.

Not really liking this lab. Too much blindfire-->melee-->stupid roll away trick bullshit.

Xdye7

In regards to 1.15:

Eric-ND said:
It’s being tested. We hope to have it this month but it might not be until next month. We’ll update you once we have an update.

Goddamnit. This shit better be good. I wonder what the accidental changes for this patch will be.

We’ll update you once we have an update.

lol

hao chi

-Obviouosly a score.

Not really liking this lab. Too much blindfire-->melee-->stupid roll away trick bullshit.

Whenever the hell it feels like it.

I'm only partially joking.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

-Obviouosly a score.

It'll also respawn when someone quits; usually the host.

Xdye7

Two nights ago it respawned while I was holding it two steps away from the chest. My character kept walking around with an invisible idol lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I actually never knew that. I'll have to look for that the next time the idol respawns 5 seconds after I toss it towards our base.
The same applies whenever the hill changes out of nowhere in King of the Hill/remains in the same spot even if the timer is under 2 minutes when it's supposed to change or the idol disappearing in Treasure Hunter.

hao chi

The same applies whenever the hill changes out of nowhere in King of the Hill/remains in the same spot even if the timer is under 2 minutes when it's supposed to change or the idol disappearing in Treasure Hunter.

Huh, interesting. I usually pay zero attention to the leave notifications, so I wouldn't have realized that on my own.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
NOTHING is more exciting and GODLY than me and haochi constantly defeating every party of 5 we run across to in Team Objective. Even if it's just us 2 doing all of the work, we get shit done, baby.

NOTHING else compares.

Fucking. Just:

8QuIe.gif
8QuIe.gif
8QuIe.gif
8QuIe.gif
8QuIe.gif
8QuIe.gif

hao chi

NOTHING is more exciting and GODLY than me and haochi constantly defeating every party of 5 we run across to in Team Objective. Even if it's just us 2 doing all of the work, we get shit done, baby.

NOTHING else compares.

Fucking. Just:

8QuIe.gif
8QuIe.gif
8QuIe.gif
8QuIe.gif
8QuIe.gif
8QuIe.gif

Playing together is like Easy Mode. Seriously.

Xdye7

DLC pool?

A friend was gonna pick up U3, so I offered to go 50/50 for the GOTY edition. He has no interest in the MP so I'll be getting the DLC all to myself :D

Dat deal.

Top Bottom