• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

DLC pool?

A friend was gonna pick up U3, so I offered to go 50/50 for the GOTY edition. He has no interest in the MP so I'll be getting the DLC all to myself :D

Dat deal.

When does the GOTY come out?

EDIT: IT'S OUT

I gotta buy it, I don't have any money but when I do, I'll collect it for my collection :)

along with Bayonetta of course.

GRIP

I'm just going to throw this out there. My PSN is GRP17. Add me if you want.

I'm getting a little tired of rolling solo.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So, Was easily on a 20 matches in a row win streak tonight until I ran into Rewrite just now. :)

Good shit, man.
:lol :lol

I'm so sorry! It's never my intention to screw over your winning streak, but you know...gotta do my best!

But man, our matches are always so fun. I know I can always count on a challenge when I face off against you and your party and I also know that I won't make it any easy for you guys either. :D It's been such a LONG time since matchmaking had paired us up too! I was wondering if you still played TO or UC3 at all since it's been a while. Thankfully I was placed with good team mates considering I was a lone wolf. For once this game doesn't hate me. Sorry for taunting you, btw. It wasn't my intention. I was trying to jump away and my character taunts out of nowhere. Uncharted 3, etc.

Great match Mr. Benjiman. +1 for still playing the game too.

After our match though...it all went downhill for me with randoms. So frustrating. :|

He was trying hard, wasn't he?
When I'm a lone wolf with randoms, yes. All of the time I will try my best because I can't rely on randoms to win the match. I'll quit the match if I see my team isn't interested in doing any of the objective because I am not going to waste my time trying for nothing nor am I going to give them a win when I do all of the work. Fuck that shit.

----

totally unrelated, but god damn everyone always talks shit about me in this game. If it's not through hate PSN messages, it's always on the mic. I don't get it since I hardly ever get on mic...they even celebrate every time they kill me if they're on mic.

I also made a party of 2 try hards rage quit in TDM with a KDR of like 3. 1 of them was going positive, but the other was REALLY negative...like 5-13 before he gave up. Explosive Shell Expert + Bargain + RPG Kickback = Domination. I can't believe people will still go that far to fake their stats in this game....

jett

D-Member
Good fucking lord ND needs to fucking DELETE the airplane and train sequences from those two maps, nothing bugged out garbage. They half-way admitted they made two gigantic, embarrassing pieces of shit by including alternate versions of the maps in TDM, but it's time to go full steam on this shit. Fucking trash.

hao chi

Good fucking lord ND needs to fucking DELETE the airplane and train sequences from those two maps, nothing bugged out garbage. They half-way admitted they made two gigantic, embarrassing pieces of shit by including alternate versions of the maps in TDM, but it's time to go full steam on this shit. Fucking trash.

I originally thought they were going to set it up so after Airstrip or London Underground were voted for, there would be a second vote for intro or no intro. I guess they figured nobody would ever play them.

I also made a party of 2 try hards rage quit in TDM with a KDR of like 3. 1 of them was going positive, but the other was REALLY negative...like 5-13 before he gave up. Explosive Shell Expert + Bargain + RPG Kickback = Domination. I can't believe people will still go that far to fake their stats in this game....

I don't recall playing against you in TDM.

I kid. I kid.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The spawns in the London Underground train section are complete SHIT.

Seriously, if you just stay inside one of the carts, the other team will constantly spawn over and over again for easy ass fucking kills. They can't escape because you'll always have the advantage. Completely ridiculous.

Lag makes it even worse. I hate the intros so fucking much. The worst is when someone quits...guess what!? The timer will start again and again the more people quit, making it last even longer. Awful. Just awful.

hao chi

Lag makes it even worse. I hate the intros so fucking much. The worst is when someone quits...guess what!? The timer will start again and again the more people quit, making it last even longer. Awful. Just awful.

One time my team got to 30 or 40 kills before the train intro was over because the host kept leaving - extending the train section.

Then when the train section was over the game never put anybody else on the other team, so we had to hunt down one guy for 10 goddamn minutes.

Xdye7

so we had to hunt down one guy for 10 goddamn minutes.

L2spawntrap

EDIT:

Just felt like sharing this.

ptdk8.jpg

They just felt like sharing their accounts

gibration

About half of it reminds me of Battle Creek from Halo for some reason.

I can see the similarities. It's got a base on one side and a ramp along the wall. That's about it. :p

The map is fun but not as good looking as the past block mesh maps. Colors don't go well together in this new one. It's as if they're not as vibrant and/or soft as they used to be.

Dibbz

Great so after I went and bought FBMP#1 so that I could play my FBMP#2 DLC they go and turn them both off and now I have to get the UC3DD Maps now to play any DLC maps I own. Fuck sake ND. If 1.15 is good I'll buy them but this is getting out of hand. :|

Might try this out sometime. I didn't get to play Mesh #2.

Thanks for the games, everyone who joined my party last night. So fun playing again with you all, as I haven't been playing much (even if Xdye = No DLC). :p

That Old Quarter TO match was awesome with hao and gib. So close, yet we made it thru against the party of 5. Dat 1 point difference win in Treasure Hunter.

jett

D-Member
I hate matchmaking in this game, it can take forever to find a game...and then as it's gathering people...everyone splits! :|

Xdye7

After reading the UC2 servers were down, I went to see for myself.

Just over 9k daily players... found a match in 10 seconds.
Wasn't a late join either

How did they fuck up UC3 matchmaking so badly?

Xdye7

For those who don't want to read the red (EDIT: now blue) text:

1. Again, are you going to add levels 76-100 to Uncharted 3? Is it too HARD to put them in the game? (xXGoldenArthurXx)

As we said last month, we won’t be including those in the game. We wanted to have a different leveling system than Uncharted 2 and make the levels more obtainable. The images (figure 1) you have in your signature aren’t anything we made.

2. Do you read co-op threads? (AliMakaveli)

Yes, we’ve seen these threads. We don’t comment on all threads. We don’t have anything to add to these threads. We’ve addressed our plans for co-op in the past and we have no plans to add anything to co-op in future patches. It’s a matter of time, resources, and focusing what time and resources we do have available towards the multiplayer content you all play the most. Which happens to be competitive multiplayer. We added all our co-op content for Uncharted 3 via DLC and in earlier patches.

3. Is Revenge going to be tweaked in any way? (RevisIsland78)

Yes, revenge grenades will no longer damage teammates. This happens when patch 1.15 hits.

4. Will we ever get the PAX PRIME AK and Para 9???? (SteepMatt)

The PAX items were meant to be PAX and US only exclusives. It’s what we agreed to with the people at PAX. We had some leftover codes for certain PAX items and will be posting some up randomly on the forums before November 1st.

5. Please, for the love of your own Uncharted characters and your community who asked them since Uncharted 2, can you try and release a Classic Skin Pack #4?? (Luxis)

At the onset of Uncharted 3, we released over 25 skins that were classic themed. We wanted to give you more new content after that so we went ahead and made more new skins. It’s never as simple as us having the (audio, character, etc.) files so we can simply put those old files into the new game. There’s a ton of reworking, optimization, and tweaking to make those classic files work in our new game with our new systems, new animations and look. It’s also a matter of what time and resources we can devote to making these items work in the new game.
A classic skins pack 4 will not be coming. However, your additional colors for character customization will be coming after patch 1.15.

6. Instead of answering only 10 questions each month, could you answer questions on the forums all the time? I don't mean every question ever, but just pop in to busy threads and actually, you know, post?? (Xdye7)

We recognize that not all your concerns get addressed as you post them in the forums. We also realize that some of the busy threads don’t get addressed until late in the thread cycle. It’s the nature of development. We communicate with you as much as we have the time to attribute given everything we have going on. Sometimes we’ll read a thread and simply see if we can make it happen in the game if it makes sense and we have time and resources to make it happen. Sometimes we just don’t have an answer for your question. Sometimes we’re testing something to put into the game that we don’t want to tell you about yet because frankly, we’re not sure it works yet or it’s so cool we want to keep it under wraps until we really know how to communicate it outwardly via proper channels. All said, we’re reading, we’re observing and we’re communicating with you as much as we have time and answers to contribute. We’ll continue to try to answer as much as we can, when we can, and how we can. Thank you for understanding and your patience.

7. How come your servers have gone down, randomly, like 15 times since retail launch? How come that essentially never happened on UC2? Is it any indication of the poor quality of this game? (SLEAZE_IT_UP)

For Uncharted 2 we used different servers, had a smaller player pool, and different networking structure. They went down from time-to-time too but you likely don’t remember it as acutely as it was many years ago now.

For Uncharted 3, most of our server down time has been about maintenance. Players will hop on when servers are undergoing maintenance. We need to reset them to keep them functioning properly from time-to-time. It’s not an indication of quality but rather indication of a growing population of players and the advancements in server management and technology that we’re dealing with.

8. Will you increase your support for more tournaments? (iceyfire54312)

Patch 1.15 will see an overhaul of the tournament system. Details on the changes will be up on the Naughty Dog blog before the end of the month.

Also we’re working with Sony closely to help active community tournament organizers and crews like Fragged Nation and Big2Krew to bolster their tournaments. Keep your eyes peeled for news about these tournaments in the future.

9. Do you plan on adding any new customization items like you did with 1.13? (Fakehound)

Not for 1.15 but we are working on ideas for future patches.

10. Are you planning any special anniversary items to give away for the Year One mark such as the Anniversary Drake skin, Anniversary Guns, Anniversary Emblem or Anniversary Shirts for the Custom Hero/Villain? (I-Like-Pie45)

We are very aware of the anniversary and will hopefully have some announcements for you. Some big things are coming for Uncharted 3 multiplayer but we’re not sure everything will be in line to make the announcements for the anniversary. As for in-game anniversary items, we don’t have anything planned.

11. Is Yemen Haunted? (shadowlibraboy) Re: http://youtu.be/yUfdoa3BA6I

WE WANT TO BELIEVE. Nah, you just happened upon a glitch in a match.

Really disappointing Q&A. It's a lot of shit that's been answered before, a lot of "no", lies, and a lot of details about 1.15 that have already been released. Mad props to xXGoldenArthurXx and SteepMatt for asking questions that have already been answered like 20 fucking times. Good job.

I'm not sure what to think of the Revenge "tweak". It's great that we won't be team-killed by revenge grenades anymore, but now there is even greater incentive to use Revenge, as there are absolutely no drawbacks AND IT'S THE ONLY BOOSTER THAT GIVES LITERALLY EFFORTLESS KILLS.

6. Instead of answering only 10 questions each month, could you answer questions on the forums all the time? I don't mean every question ever, but just pop in to busy threads and actually, you know, post?? (Xdye7)

We recognize that not all your concerns get addressed as you post them in the forums. We also realize that some of the busy threads don’t get addressed until late in the thread cycle. It’s the nature of development. We communicate with you as much as we have the time to attribute given everything we have going on. Sometimes we’ll read a thread and simply see if we can make it happen in the game if it makes sense and we have time and resources to make it happen. Sometimes we just don’t have an answer for your question. Sometimes we’re testing something to put into the game that we don’t want to tell you about yet because frankly, we’re not sure it works yet or it’s so cool we want to keep it under wraps until we really know how to communicate it outwardly via proper channels. All said, we’re reading, we’re observing and we’re communicating with you as much as we have time and answers to contribute. We’ll continue to try to answer as much as we can, when we can, and how we can. Thank you for understanding and your patience.

In the time between this was posted and answered, I found the answer myself. ND does in fact read practically everything, including the group on Facebook. Definitely a nice thing to hear.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Your question was worthless, Xdye.

Aside from you, XArthur, and SleepMatt's questions...it was a pretty good Q&A, IMO.

It's a SHAME that ND doesn't plan to do anything about co-op though. What a slap to the face to every co-op player in Uncharted 3. Seriously. At least the co-op fans in the UC3 forums can finally be at ease knowing ND will never do anything to fix co-op arena. I feel for them, since they really did put the time in reporting technical issues and improvements.

jett

D-Member
Your question was worthless, Xdye.

Aside from you, XArthur, and SleepMatt's questions...it was a pretty good Q&A, IMO.

It's a SHAME that ND doesn't plan to do anything about co-op though. What a slap to the face to every co-op player in Uncharted 3. Seriously. At least the co-op fans in the UC3 forums can finally be at ease knowing ND will never do anything to fix co-op arena. I feel for them, since they really did put the time in reporting technical issues and improvements.

What is there to do about Co-op. Shit sucks. Sucked in UC2, sucks harder in UC3.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What is there to do about Co-op. Shit sucks. Sucked in UC2, sucks harder in UC3.
It never sucked in UC2. In UC3, it's only fun if you're playing in Crushing difficulty. there's a lot of issues in co-op arena that needs to be fixed, like the overpowered shotgun enemies, worthless kickbacks that needed buffs, random pistole guys shooting like a crazy motherfucker, HORRIBLE rare treasure drop rates...and more. It's always been the neglected playlist, but at least it's finally nice to know ND has never gave a shit about it.

hao chi

3. Is Revenge going to be tweaked in any way? (RevisIsland78)

Yes, revenge grenades will no longer damage teammates. This happens when patch 1.15 hits.

I have mixed feelings about this. It sucks being killed by a Revenge grenade, but it was also a deterrent to using it (not that most people consider that).

On the other hand, there will be no more awesome moments like this.

jett

D-Member
It never sucked in UC2. In UC3, it's only fun if you're playing in Crushing difficulty. there's a lot of issues in co-op arena that needs to be fixed, like the overpowered shotgun enemies, worthless kickbacks that needed buffs, random pistole guys shooting like a crazy motherfucker, HORRIBLE rare treasure drop rates...and more. It's always been the neglected playlist, but at least it's finally nice to know ND has never gave a shit about it.

Co-op has always been an exercise in frustration for me in both games, moreso in UC3. It's just cheap, annoying and unfun or me.

ND just needs to release patch 1.15 and call it a day with UC3. I'm sure most of the community has fell off and moved on to other games. Personally I hardly play this anymore and most of my friends don't either. I most likely will pop it in to try 1.15 but I doubt it'll be keep me interested for long. They took ffar too long to release the stuff that matters imo. Game took too much time being balanced. Seriously almost a year later into the game and weapons and fixes were still being implemented.

Far too late in the game for them to be adding Classic mode. I just KNOW ND will somehow botch classic mode.

Top Bottom