• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

hao chi

Yeah, those were pretty fun. I thought Desert Village was kind of a given for small lobby FFA's, but I guess not. Facility is way too fucking big for 6 players; I spent most of the time looking for people only to get shot in the back. Desert Village T-Bolts was frustrating as fuck, I got killed by a T-Bolt maybe 4 out of at least the 11 times I died. Shotty, Mag-5, Pistole.... seriously?

Museum was fun when you found someone... which happened to be lumy like 10/15 times lol.

Also, upload Fleet Foot Platinum, kthx.

Calm the hell down and I'll do it later.

If I remember.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
TAU only Plunder with randoms (when we're facing noobs) is fucking awesome man.

I also had a frustrating Plunder match with tapantaola earlier where our team mates wouldn't help and it was just me and him doing all the work. Needless to say we ended up losing the match. I just do not understand what goes on in the head of people when they see two people working their assess off and them not contributing anything to the team. So frustrating.

I also had a frustrating Plunder match with tapantaola earlier where our team mates wouldn't help and it was just me and him doing all the work. Needless to say we ended up losing the match. I just do not understand what goes on in the head of people when they see two people working their assess off and them not contributing anything to the team. So frustrating.
Yeah, it was frustrating as hell. That's why I turned off my console after that match. Sorry about that.

I also don't understand why everyone voted for Chateau... I wanted to play Oasis. Chateau and Syria have broken spawns. :|

hao chi

Perhaps you don't like it for TDM, but it's a good map for Plunder.

I don't like Oasis for anything. It plays much better in Plunder than it does TDM, but I'm still not a fan and the map is way too damn bright.

I would pick Oasis over Highrise in Plunder though.

Xdye7

TAU only Plunder with randoms (when we're facing anyone) is fucking awesome man.

Fixed. Try harder, my friends. /dos equis

That was the most fun I've had in a while. They get owned by a Tau, I go directly over their body to taunt them once (for IYF medals), and then when they kill me later they feel the need to taunt me multiple times from wherever they killed me from (not contributing towards IYF). Some people, lol. I wish I had a mic to tell them how good they are. PM's just aren't the same.

the map is way too damn bright.

It's not any brighter than Village, Desert Village, Yemen, City of Brass, or Train Wreck. Your TV brightness must be way too high.

gibration

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_block_mesh_lab_map_update/
In this Tuesday’s lab we’re excited to bring you the second Block Mesh Lab map by Game Designer Junki (@dirt_herder). It’s a large and vertical oriented map. Keep your climbing wits about you and be on the lookout for long range sniping on this new map. It will be pushed live today so fire up that lab playlist!

The testing is 99.99% complete and Patch 1.15 will be coming out before the end of the month. We’ve dropped a lot of hints at what you’ll be getting via the monthly dev Q&As on the forums. The full change list will be available once the patch is live and the last test is done. Look for the notes this week or early next week.

Check out the calendar on your stats page to see other upcoming maps and multiplayer events. We will be updating it as necessary as the months roll along. See you online!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
As usual they are never clear on a date and we're stuck with the guessing game. At least it's nice to read that it will be available before the end of the month. Yay for new block mesh map. I hope it's good since I liked the previous one.

hao chi

It's not any brighter than Village, Desert Village, Yemen, City of Brass, or Train Wreck. Your TV brightness must be way too high.

Village, Train Wreck, and Museum are pretty bright, but for whatever reason they usually don't bother me nearly as much as Oasis. They also play a million times better, so I'm more willing to deal with it.

And as I've already told you a few times, I've calibrated my TV, and it's definitely not too bright. I don't have any issues with the brightness in any other games, even NHL is fine for several games at a time for me, despite staring at the bright white ice surface the entire game.

gibration

We got some new DLC guys. Yay!
PS Blog said:
Various Multiplayer Taunts ($0.99 each) – Customize your multiplayer experience by downloading one of these new taunts: The Point, The Dougie, The Carlton 2, Stepdance, Skippy Dance, Ride It, Jump Freeze, Cossack, Cheerleader, Champion and Cabbage Patch.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
New taunts lol. I'm interested in seeing if they're cool. And people can't acess them until the update haha. Man I hope the patch notes hit soon.

Xdye7

-Treasure drops over time so after extended play you will be guaranteed a treasure drop on your next kill
-A treasure will appear in every drop and “Just Cash” is now “Plus Cash” and will never drop by itself anymore

HOLY FUCK ABOUT TIME

The rest of the patch looks looks fucking fantastic, except for the matchmaking tweaks. Not sure how well that will work.

Dibbz

Revenge grenades no longer kill team mates.

wow ND. Jesus christ that is so dumb. Prepare for even more idiots using revenge now.

hao chi

Revenge grenades no longer kill team mates.

wow ND. Jesus christ that is so dumb. Prepare for even more idiots using revenge now.

To be fair, I'm not sure many people avoid using Revenge because it can kill teammates.

I'll miss having an enemy's Revenge grenade save my ass though.

Lots of exciting things especially in terms of treasure. Finally can get back Draza's Dragon and Eddy's FAL-SS and hopefully complete the stupid Co-Op sets (dye les farm n try it out). I might even go for Hardcore/Classic treasures again.

We should play Classic mode tonight brahs.

jett

D-Member
Some good ass changes. Classic mode replacing hardcore mode is a great idea, will try that out.

The change list doesn't say anything about fixing parties disbanding all the time though, I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally do hope they have fixed that.

Xdye7

Lots of exciting things especially in terms of treasure. Finally can get back Draza's Dragon and Eddy's FAL-SS and hopefully complete the stupid Co-Op sets (dye les farm n try it out). I might even go for Hardcore/Classic treasures again.

We should play Classic mode tonight brahs.

Fo sho. We'll be able to use Treasure Hunter now.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wow so the patch rolled out tonight ? Crazy. Will test out classic mode and co-op arena to see if I unlock the remainder of the sets. Overall good notes but it just sucks that M9 blindfire hasn't been addressed further. It's still too effective. Happy for the patch though.

jett

D-Member
I wish Classic Mode had a rotating playlist, probably not.

Wow so the patch rolled out tonight ? Crazy. Will test out classic mode and co-op arena to see if I unlock the remainder of the sets. Overall good notes but it just sucks that M9 blindfire hasn't been addressed further. It's still too effective. Happy for the patch though.

Really

M9 has been downgraded enough.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
No it hasn't. If you believe otherwise you are just deluding yourself. The 10 percent decrease did nothing to the overall effectiveness of its blindfire and the M9 ROF 'nerf' only made it more effective at aiming since there is hardly any recoil left.

Edit:

Apparently the patch is out in other regions except NA for some reason at this time.

jett

D-Member
No it hasn't. If you believe otherwise you are just deluding yourself. The 10 percent decrease did nothing to the overall effectiveness of its blindfire and the M9 ROF 'nerf' only made it more effective at aiming since there is hardly any recoil left.

Edit:

Apparently the patch is out in other regions except NA for some reason at this time.

Are you crazy? ROF was nerfed twice. As a long time user of the M9 the ROF mod is now borderline useless to me and I don't bother with it.

And the blindfire is normal.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Mobile gaf is shitting up on me. Fuck I had written impressions and everything. Oh well ill try again in the morning. Good games tonight as usual gang. Had a ton of fun and yes, classic mode is assists mode to the core. Fun though.

SxP

I took them a year to change team balancing to take Legacy levels into account? Well, better late than never I guess...

Top Bottom