• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This lab sounds fucking terrible. I'll still try it, but I am not looking forward to it...

RIP awesome dodgeball lab.

Mikey Jr.

Moved to the end of the month.

"We mentioned we have some Big Uncharted 3 Multiplayer news and it’s coming…by the end of the month. The delay is due to some further optimizations needed for the patch. Be sure to check back here on the Naughty Dog blog for the complete story and all the details."

Yeah, you're right. So the big news is a patch? $50 says its a F2P version kinda like Killzone 3.

As in February 20th?

Ha! Wouldn't that be something! But I don't see what it could be. I was thinking that maybe they release an updated version of the MP on the PS4, but the PS4 is not out for another half a year, so who gives a fuck?

I doubt its new content. MAYBE a few more hats/taunts, but nothing good like maps.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
In their forums, Eric mentioned the patch or announcement was delayed because they are trying to make it as best as possible without breaking anything in the game. they're internally testing it which we all know is a load of bullshit because something ALWAYS goes wrong when they release a patch. He also mentioned airwalk and some other glitch were being addressed in the patch, platinum tier rewards for their scam they call tournament, and instead of being patch 1.16 it'll be 1.17.

I could almost predict it's nothing but F2P release or cosmetic changes. I seriously doubt they're going to totally add brand new things into the game THIS late into it's cycle.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I just wish they would give us a Summer Beta lab. Seriously, I will never forgive Naughty Dog for completely dismissing the awesomeness of the summer beta lab and completely throwing it away to the trash to bring in the horrible Subway one. The summer beta could have been the go to MP for PS3, but no. They decided against it. It only needed a few adjustments and it would have been so fucking perfect. It was without a doubt one of the funnest multiplayer games I've played this gen. No joke. Such a fucking missed opportunity.

I could almost predict it's nothing but F2P release or cosmetic changes. I seriously doubt they're going to totally add brand new things into the game THIS late into it's cycle.
Last of Us character packs. You heard it here first.
Wild guess but possible

I just wish they would give us a Summer Beta lab. Seriously, I will never forgive Naughty Dog for completely dismissing the awesomeness of the summer beta lab and completely throwing it away to the trash to bring in the horrible Subway one. The summer beta could have been the go to MP for PS3, but no. They decided against it. It only needed a few adjustments and it would have been so fucking perfect. It was without a doubt one of the funnest multiplayer games I've played this gen. No joke. Such a fucking missed opportunity.

I'm right there with you. I always got my guy, and better yet, the person that got me really got me. No bullshit. It was beautiful.

These days, I tend to question latency, my tv's input lag or the fact that I was playing first timer beta players at that time and I just suck now... But the Subway beta did fucking blow in comparison.

GRIP

In their forums, Eric mentioned the patch or announcement was delayed because they are trying to make it as best as possible without breaking anything in the game. they're internally testing it which we all know is a load of bullshit because something ALWAYS goes wrong when they release a patch. He also mentioned airwalk and some other glitch were being addressed in the patch, platinum tier rewards for their scam they call tournament, and instead of being patch 1.16 it'll be 1.17.

Yeah, he said that they were trying to fix the airwalk and dead body glitches. Can't say I've run into too many people who were actually able to do the airwalk glitch (it's pretty obvious when someone is trying though), and the dead body glitch doesn't seem to be happening as much as it was a month or so ago. Still, they need to go away.

As far as the rest of the patch, can't say i'm excited about anything that may come from it. Adding a new tier and some new prizes to tournament mode is not going to get me to spend money on tickets. Whatever the "big surprise" is will almost certainly be a let down given how long we've been hearing about it now. F2P? Doesn't really benefit existing players at all unless it brings a significant amount of new people to the game which may have an effect on lag issues (finding closer players). I doubt it, though.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
http://community.us.playstation.com...r-come-up-in-Elimination/td-p/39419095/page/2

Wait...did I just read that....I just....don't...understand how it fucking took ALL this time for Yemen to be fixed in TDM. I thought I was crazy when I started to see it more and more in the vote selection and actually getting to play on the map in TDM. I'm speechless....it just doesn't make sense that it was such an easy fix and it took all this time for that shit to get noticed and fixed. Just shows that ND never reads their own forum.

God, just thinking about all the technical issues that could have been fixed by now pisses me off.

I got like 4 unfair losses today because the matches wouldn't load for anyone. It would get stuck at "1" during the countdown...

GRIP

Lol, I was wondering what was going on last night, too. I played Yemen in TDM about 5 times in 15 matches. Oddly enough, I didn't play LU one time last night.

Edit: Who is MacGruber310?

hao chi

Are you going to try hard?

I know you like it when I carry you.

So much this. I especially miss the beta sprint, which you actually had to use sparingly because there were drawbacks to using it.

Andrefpvs

No argument here, this is so true.

Thanks for the games tonight fellas. I had so much fun coming back after a long week. That Chateau match tho... Too close.

And getting doubled RPG'd, lol.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Great matches earlier this morning (lol), GS2. We made those parties of 2 quit. bu bu bu (insert shitty excuse here).

We're 11 days into February and we haven't even gotten any patch notes or a date for when we can expect the patch.

Fucking Naughty Dog. Always keeping their fans in the dark.

Mikey Jr.

Great matches earlier this morning (lol), GS2. We made those parties of 2 quit. bu bu bu (insert shitty excuse here).

We're 11 days into February and we haven't even gotten any patch notes or a date for when we can expect the patch.

Fucking Naughty Dog. Always keeping their fans in the dark.

Longshot, I know, but maybe the Sony meeting on the 20th?

Seems a little too coincidental that they've been hyping this "big" announcement for a while, and just now they delayed it till the "end of the month".

Maybe some Uncharted 4 news and while everyone is hyped for that, throw in the big U3 news with it so that it gets noticed?

Thats my guess/hope anyways.

Longshot, I know, but maybe the Sony meeting on the 20th?

Seems a little too coincidental that they've been hyping this "big" announcement for a while, and just now they delayed it till the "end of the month".

Maybe some Uncharted 4 news and while everyone is hyped for that, throw in the big U3 news with it so that it gets noticed?

Thats my guess/hope anyways.

Uncharted 4 on PS3, MP carries over/becomes downloadable. New patch includes assets for new maps and characters from UC4 to be unlocked when it releases...

Total guess but I'd still put money on Last of Us character packs.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_valentines_day_event_and_lab_update/

New lab and double cash/rare treasure weekend!

To help spread even more Valentine’s Day love starting Friday we’re holding a Double Cash weekend AND a Rare Treasure Drop event! All rare treasures in both competitive and co-operative modes will see an increase in drop frequency. Co-Op rare treasures will be weighted slightly higher and more obtainable than competitive rare treasures. This event will run from Friday February 15, 2013 at 12:00 GMT to Tuesday February 19, 2013 at 12:00 GMT. Be sure to login into Uncharted 3 multiplayer starting this Friday to earn some serious booty for your characters and your profile.

Interesting... Guess it's a farming weekend for me. :D

Mikey Jr.

lololol at anyone expecting sony to waste time talking about dlc for this shit

I'm not saying Kaz Hirai walks on stage and starts talking about new boosters and emblems for fuck sakes lol.

What I am saying is they maybe talk about Uncharted 4.

Then, you go on Naughty Dog's website where they know lots of people will go to learn more about UC4 after the announcement, and there, ND will mention the U3 news because they will have a bigger audience to see it.

Thats what I meant to say in my original post anyways. Sorry if it sounds like Kaz talks about U3 there.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_valentines_day_event_and_lab_update/

New lab and double cash/rare treasure weekend!

Interesting... Guess it's a farming weekend for me. :D
Yay, I can't wait to NOT get my last two treasure drops AGAIN!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:| :| :| :|

PLEASE, for the love of GOD let me finally complete my co-op arena sets....

Mikey, I don't think that's going to happen haha. Not to ruin your parade or anything, but hey it's Naughty Dog...they've done crazy things.

EDIT:

Apparently Naughty Dog is having a giveaway to whoever makes some valentines day card.

http://community.us.playstation.com...tine-s-Day-Giveaway-Submissions/td-p/39517437

:lol I love the submissions so far.

Xdye7

Apparently Naughty Dog is having a giveaway to whoever makes some valentines day card.

http://community.us.playstation.com...tine-s-Day-Giveaway-Submissions/td-p/39517437

:lol I love the submissions so far.

This is going to be very good.

Quoted for size

original

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This new lab is pretty fun because it's so chaotic. Since everyone has two Carpet Bombs, you can imagine how intense some of the matches can get and it's Team Objective too! This Lab further proves how useless the Raffica pistol is. You have a better chance of killing someone aiming the KAL than getting a kill with that useless piece of shit.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I.LOVE.THIS.LAB.

By the way, check out that thread I posted...there's been so many awesome submissions! I love how creative the Uncharted community can be!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
That thread? No link? Really?
If you actually bothered to read the thread like you usually don't, you'd see the thread link in just a few posts above.

No dice in unlocking my final two co-op arena sets... Played a bunch of arena games and although the treasure drop rate is increased, I'm getting the same drops in every game. I even played Hunter and nothing. Losing faith....

The worst part is that I was playing a Hunter game in the Highrise and I wasn't getting a treasure drop from the chests or from killing my opponents. Towards the end, one of the other guys jumped across from the hotel and I killed him in midair and guess what? He dropped a treasure and it fell all the way to the bottom of the map. Fucking TROLL-TASTIC. FUCK.

Strike

If you actually bothered to read the thread like you usually don't, you'd see the thread link in just a few posts above.

No dice in unlocking my final two co-op arena sets... Played a bunch of arena games and although the treasure drop rate is increased, I'm getting the same drops in every game. I even played Hunter and nothing. Losing faith....

The worst part is that I was playing a Hunter game in the Highrise and I wasn't getting a treasure drop from the chests or from killing my opponents. Towards the end, one of the other guys jumped across from the hotel and I killed him in midair and guess what? He dropped a treasure and it fell all the way to the bottom of the map. Fucking TROLL-TASTIC. FUCK.
You'll get better luck in hunters mode. It's tedious as fuck, but that's where I got most of mine.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Two more treasures end up falling down at the bottom of the fucking map in Hunter. Fuck you Naughty Dog.

Two more treasures end up falling down at the bottom of the fucking map in Hunter. Fuck you Naughty Dog.

Just don't play the risky maps, yo.

I managed to get the Chenzerig Buddha for the first time ever in a public Arena game earlier today. I got the trophy unlocked, so I just need 4 more Antiquity sets for the next one. Happy days!

Pachimari

FINALLY completed the singleplayer campaign! Underwhelming experience but whatever, I completed it muaha!

I'm a big Uncharted fan but this was mostly forgettable - I don't even remember what happened to Chloe - and I don't need a 4th game in the series after this. Thankfully they made a new IP with The Last of Us.

Picked up the GOTY edition. Shooting seems even worse than UC2, with enemies being more bullet spongey than ever, and wonky aiming. I swear barely anyone gets killed by a single headshot. It's fucking annoying when you combine encounters that involve enemies appearing out of nowhere on all sides, pinpoint accuracy, armored dickheads who don't flinch when you unload a rifle clip into their head, and Drake's low amount of health. Cheap bullshit, and that's on the fucking normal difficulty. UC2 shits all over it. Whoever designed the encounters deserves a stern punch to the throat.

Mr. Fix

Picked up the GOTY edition. Shooting seems even worse than UC2, with enemies being more bullet spongey than ever, and wonky aiming. I swear barely anyone gets killed by a single headshot. It's fucking annoying when you combine encounters that involve enemies appearing out of nowhere on all sides, pinpoint accuracy, armored dickheads who don't flinch when you unload a rifle clip into their head, and Drake's low amount of health. Cheap bullshit, and that's on the fucking normal difficulty. UC2 shits all over it. Whoever designed the encounters deserves a stern punch to the throat.

There was actually a fix for the aiming, since at launch it was hard aiming diagonally. You just need to go to the options and set the aiming to alternate. The game's shit compared to 2 though, no doubt. Also fuck the MP revisions they did to UC2 and 3.

I know about the aiming patch, been using the alternate version (feel sorry for those who were stuck with the horrible original version), but it still feels off.

Honestly, the majority of the shootouts just suck all the fun out of the game. They really fucked it up badly. I still have hope for The Last of Us, though.

Edit: Also, which genius decided to disable the ability to leave a lobby at any point after players have been found? Fucking cunts.

GRIP

Edit: Also, which genius decided to disable the ability to leave a lobby at any point after players have been found? Fucking cunts.

Don't really see what the big deal is on this. It would take forever to find games for some people if there was an option to leave the lobby once the player pool was set. Imagine being in a full party and constantly being in the "searching for players'' limbo because everyone you get matched up against quits.

FINALLY completed the singleplayer campaign! Underwhelming experience but whatever, I completed it muaha!

I'm a big Uncharted fan but this was mostly forgettable - I don't even remember what happened to Chloe - and I don't need a 4th game in the series after this. Thankfully they made a new IP with The Last of Us.

It doesn't sound like your a big Uncharted fan at all.

I actually do read this thread quite well but in this case you are completely right . I missed it and apologize for the asking with attitude.
The thread you posted is indeed pretty awesome.

I had this once in museum, between the balconies. I just jumped after it and pressed ▲ like a madman. I actually picked it up and died smiling.
My frustration is strongest in Ellimination. Kill 3 people. 1 drops a treasure and die. You can look at the treasure as long as the game lasts but you know you will never get it. Fuck that shit.

Lab btw is pretty insane...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Totally sympathize in Elimination. It's just terrible there too. I don't know why it just doesn't automatically pick it up for you. So dumb.

I was going to give up in unlocking anything in this rare treasure event and somehow I managed to get the rare drop for Drake's baseball cap in a match of Hunter! Just ONE more treasure drop to go. C'mon please drop...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Oh my god! OMGGGGG. FINALLY COMPLETED ALL MY CO-OP TREASURE SETS. fuck yes. Fuck yes. Fuck yes. Time to get my 100% completion back! Woooohooooo

Top Bottom