• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Mikey Jr.

Oh my god! OMGGGGG. FINALLY COMPLETED ALL MY CO-OP TREASURE SETS. fuck yes. Fuck yes. Fuck yes. Time to get my 100% completion back! Woooohooooo

Finally. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm constantly thinking "When is Rewrite going to get that last co-op treasure?"

J/K. Congrats though

iLLmAtlc

Oh my god! OMGGGGG. FINALLY COMPLETED ALL MY CO-OP TREASURE SETS. fuck yes. Fuck yes. Fuck yes. Time to get my 100% completion back! Woooohooooo

Congratulations! Ive read about how much the game has screwed you and I know how difficult it is to get arena treasures. Your perseverance makes this well deserved!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
How active is the community nowadays? Got really turned off to this game about a year ago, but can't remember exactly what was going wrong. Wouldn't mind hopping back on.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Finally. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm constantly thinking "When is Rewrite going to get that last co-op treasure?"

J/K. Congrats though

Congratulations! Ive read about how much the game has screwed you and I know how difficult it is to get arena treasures. Your perseverance makes this well deserved!
<3 you guys. thanks.

You don't know how happy I am. I've played this game since launch almost daily and it took all this time and two "rare" treasure drop weekends to finally complete everything. For lulz and reference, these are my co-op stats:

rsQgKwal.jpg

Completely ridiculous. Stupid treasure system.

dummydecoy

Why is the turning in this game so slow? Yes I have the alternate aim on and the sensitivity slider at max but I still can't do a 180 as fast as I'd like to. Can't really enjoy this game's MP at all. :(

4 new sets done this weekend... I end it with one left! (Cat Ears, Ball Cap, Beast Bling, Salim's Goggles)

And it's a treasure I once had (Stylish Glasses for Young Marlowe) and took me a long time to unlock, but lolNDpleaseacceptareset. :(

GRIP

Why is the turning in this game so slow? Yes I have the alternate aim on and the sensitivity slider at max but I still can't do a 180 as fast as I'd like to. Can't really enjoy this game's MP at all. :(

The MP isn't for everyone. As far as the camera speed... do you play a lot of FPS games? I'm just asking because when I switch from black ops 2 to U3 I have to turn the sensitivity all the way up because of how slow the camera feels. I usually adjust after a game or two though and have to bump the sensitivity back down.

Mikey Jr.

Grats on the treasures guys!

Mesh map 1 has made a return and patch 1.17 will be out next week.

The fuck? Patch notes the day OF the patch? Thats new.

Also, mesh map 1 is the best Uncharted multiplayer map. FACT.

edit: I just thought of something. Wouldn't it be awesome if they textured some of the mesh maps, and put that into the full rotation?

hao chi

J/K. Congrats though

I'm glad I wasn't alone in that!

Now he can stop complaining about the treasures all the time. :D

dummydecoy

The MP isn't for everyone. As far as the camera speed... do you play a lot of FPS games? I'm just asking because when I switch from black ops 2 to U3 I have to turn the sensitivity all the way up because of how slow the camera feels. I usually adjust after a game or two though and have to bump the sensitivity back down.

Yeah pretty much. FPS is all I play online, MW3 and KZ3 in particular. I want to like this game's MP but the camera slowness just frustrates me. I wish ND would increase the game's sensitivity for players like us.

<3 you guys. thanks.

You don't know how happy I am. I've played this game since launch almost daily and it took all this time and two "rare" treasure drop weekends to finally complete everything. For lulz and reference, these are my co-op stats:

rsQgKwal.jpg

Completely ridiculous. Stupid treasure system.

Woooah..
So many crushing moments... that's a rare case of bad luck.

Playing through on crushing, fuck whoever designed the enemy spawn system. Fuck them right in their bastard eyes. Lost count of how many times I've had assholes spawn to the side or behind, then take me down with a few bullets without any chance to take cover or something. Utter bullshit.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Playing through on crushing, fuck whoever designed the enemy spawn system. Fuck them right in their bastard eyes. Lost count of how many times I've had assholes spawn to the side or behind, then take me down with a few bullets without any chance to take cover or something. Utter bullshit.
Yes, I know your pain. It's just a terrible single player game. So disappointing after the amazing Uncharted 2 and the enemy placements along with the horrible aiming is what ruins the experience, IMO.

--

The February Q&A is finally up:

&#8220;Will you keep supporting U3 after TLoU releases?&#8221; &#8211; renatabls

Absolutely, just check out the Lab Calendar on your stats page. We have more Block Mesh Lab Maps that will likely arrive after TLOU releases. We&#8217;ll be changing things around and continuing to support Uncharted 3 for as long as possible. We love seeing all the strong community and player involvement and want it to flourish.

&#8220;Is there something that you learned from this Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience that influenced The Last of Us multiplayer as well, making it a bit more balanced and better planned?&#8221; &#8211; Luxis

We learned a ton about multiplayer from Uncharted 3 and we&#8217;re taking all those lessons into multiplayer for The Last of Us. Once we reveal what The Last of Us multiplayer is you&#8217;ll see some of those ideas and that learning.

&#8220;How difficult is it to patch/fix something, I'm not asking in a snide matter I honestly want to know&#8221; - JayJay2515

It all depends on what that something is. A patch is never just a simple fix. Every change to the game will affect another aspect of the game. There are technical issues that can arise. There are memory issues that can arise. You always need time to test and re-test and test again to make it runs as smoothly as possible before releasing something public.

&#8220;Can we have more frequent rare treasure drop weekends? One weekend of every month or 2 months perhaps?&#8221; - awsome_robot

We are trying to keep a balance of maintaining that certain treasures are truly rare along with giving people the ability to earn them. We will be adding more rare treasure drop events and weekends in the coming months.

&#8220;Have you guys ever considered changing some of the Power Plays in TDM, specifically Marked Man?&#8221; - StardustSpeedway

The Power Plays are meant to give distinct advantages during gameplay. We evaluated what works best for the match types and feel we have a good set in place. We will continue to monitor the balance of this.

&#8220;Can you please change ( tone down ) the recoil for at least all the rifles in UC3 MP to near the levels of UC3 campaign, and re-implement the "burst" mechanic in the MP along with some explanations for your responses?&#8221; - B_Smiley

We went through a lot of tuning of the experience of shooting guns in multiplayer and continue to refine it. We feel the recoil works well to serve the multiplayer and its gameplay. The burst mechanic was tweaked due to player exploitation. We feel this is more balanced now as well.

&#8220;Scoped In Gold still gives minimal pain wobble, despite the description for Gold saying that there's no pain wobble. Will this be fixed?&#8221; &#8211; TeabagMcFrag

We will look into this and see if it&#8217;s something we can fix.

&#8220;Do you have any jobs going?&#8221; - AliMakaveli

All the time! We&#8217;re looking for the best of the best. Look here: Naughty Dog careers.

&#8220;Can you explain in thorough detail how exactly does the host selection algorithm work? Which criteria do you use?&#8221; - tapantaola

We&#8217;re not explaining this publically. It&#8217;s something we don&#8217;t want to be exploited.

&#8220;Why won't you guys drop the price on your over priced Maps Packs??&#8221; - wycliff_12

We plan to have price breaks, discounts, sales, and other deals coming for the Map Packs in the future.

I know I say this in every Q&A but this is seriously so disappointing...

The answers are so uninformative and vague; too PR-like. I also dislike how they shorten the questions...for instance, my Power Play question just has the first part of it and neglects to mention why it's an unfair power play. They don't even try to rebuttal my points as to why it's unfair, just saying a simple 'they'll monitor' them for future balance. I guess I should just say a simple thanks since they did answer my question, but with answers like that it's like, what's the point!?

And then there's a question about The Last of Us on an Uncharted 3 Q&A. Then the job question which has nothing to do with the MP. Seriously, wtf.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Everyone had guessed about the F2P thing, it's just a matter of time before it's announced. Personally, what's exciting to me is just having the MP downloaded into my HDD so I don't have to put my disc in. It gives my PS3 lenses a break, which seems to work twice as hard with the UC3 disc put in compared to other games. It'll also probably reduce the black lobby/spinning ring of death, not to mention it'll attract new players into the game. But let's face it, with all the M9 blindfiring, parties of 5, whack n' roll going on, they're not going to last.

Mikey Jr.

Everyone had guessed about the F2P thing, it's just a matter of time before it's announced. Personally, what's exciting to me is just having the MP downloaded into my HDD so I don't have to put my disc in. It gives my PS3 lenses a break, which seems to work twice as hard with the UC3 disc put in compared to other games. It'll also probably reduce the black lobby/spinning ring of death, not to mention it'll attract new players into the game. But let's face it, with all the M9 blindfiring, parties of 5, whack n' roll going on, they're not going to last.

If you download it, you can use your profile? Because yeah, that would be great. How did KZ3 work when they did it?

Xdye7

But let's face it, with all the M9 blindfiring, parties of 5, whack n' roll going on, they're not going to last.

Exactly. I'm most interested in seeing what ND has done (or hasn't, lol) to keep the newbies playing.

That being said, there's one thing that can't be changed by Naughty Dog; the ridiculous amount of gigantic assholes that play this game. Incredible trash-talking, 1v1s, unbelievable youtube drama, you name it. These are the people that play "serious" custom games, are in clans (Fragged Nation, etc), and play public matches like they own the place; taking personal offense to losing/being beaten/etc, and are just fucking idiots. Also, stat-whoring.

If you've played this game a decent amount, you know exactly the kind of players I'm talking about. Unavoidable, constantly meeting them in matchmaking. Muting them and blocking messages would be the logical thing to do, but there's just something so interesting about hearing and reading the shit they spew out.

I'm not saying these kind of people don't exist in other games, but the amount in Uncharted has a significant negative effect. Ask any former uncharted fan why they've stopped playing, I'll guarantee (100% money back) it's because either Naughty Dog is fucking retarded or the players are fucking retarded.

The enjoyment of the MP totally depends on the lobby you're in. Chances are that new players will run into other new players, have a blast, keep playing until they run into these assholes twice, say fuck it, and quit.

lmpaler

I need Uncharted friends for jolly cooperation and multiplayer madness. I am tired of PUGS.

Have headset. Will whisper sweet nothings into your ear ;)

PSN ID: Sir_Impaler

Patch 1.17 notes:

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_117_notes/

Patch 1.17 Notes

Available: Globally - February 25, 2013 before 6:30pm PST.

GAMEPLAY
Full leaderboard reset - our rationale behind this will be revealed tomorrow.
Naughty Dog Paw icon will appear near your rank icon - we love you. We'll explain more tomorrow.
Lab Maps can now be added to the custom game list by Naughty Dog
More than one Lab Map may now appear in the Lab Playlist
The following Medals have been removed from Team Objective and Plunder:

Gunslinger

Commando

Fisticuffs

Strike Three

Spray and Pray

Long Ranger

Unlucky

Oh Snap

Dangerous
Changes to existing Team Objective and Plunder medals:

Expansionist from 5 territories to 2 and $1,000 to $500

None Shall Pass from 5 kills to 2 and $1,000 to $500

Captured from $500 to $2,000

Protectorate from $250 to $1,000

No Cigar from $750 to $2,000

Executioner from $250 to $1,000

Guard Duty $350 to $1,500

CHARACTERS
Additional colors added to every item and skin. - MOAR COLORS! Hooray!
New head items item for various characters - available later on
New shirts for custom characters - available later on

TOURNAMENT
Platinum tournament tier - reached at 23,500 points
11 new items just for the Tournament rewards
Starting immediate Platinum Tournament rewards are Drake Shade Raptor Mask and Talbot Shade Dive Helmet, these will be unlocked once you acheive Platinum for the first time.
There are four new Platinum tier permanent unlocks for the Djinn Skin.
You will earn the Djinn Stunner Shades after 2 Platinum tiers.
You will earn the Djinn Head Wrap after 4 Platinum tiers.
You will earn the Djinn Helmet after 6 Platinum tiers.
You will earn the Djinn Horns after 8 Platinum tiers. The Djinn horns have a stat that no other item has: +Aimed Movement Speed!

TECHNICAL FIXES
Addressed several recurrent bugs

Glad I leveled most of my boosters through these modes before the TO/Plunder medal changes.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Full leaderboard reset - our rationale behind this will be revealed tomorrow.
Naughty Dog Paw icon will appear near your rank icon - we love you. We'll explain more tomorrow.
Some confirmation MP really is going F2P tomorrow? Dog Paw = you paid to play the game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
They're resetting the leaderboards? Cool. Then those cheaters who boosted for the top can weep in sorrow knowing they won't be anymore. I hope Naughty Dog does something about the next wave of boosters and ban them or reset them so that they can be taken seriously.

The Team Objective and Plunder medal changes came too late. The damage has already been done and all the people that legacy'd already used those modes to level up those boosters already. It's a good change, but too late imo.

Colors are a nice addition, but only ONE technical fix? C'mon...

Xdye7

You will earn the Djinn Horns after 8 Platinum tiers. The Djinn horns have a stat that no other item has: +Aimed Movement Speed!

fuck

edit:

stats

+8% aimed movement
-8% stopping power

shouldn't be too bad; the djinn is too easy of a skin to spot for tryhards to use anyways and the horns look horrendous

I'm excited to see how many shades of brown we're going to get!

I hope there are colorful colors. Yellow for Nepal Chloe. :3

Great to see the TO/Plunder fixes. Maybe I can finally try to play Plunder solo when I need to.

After so many hours playing uncharted 3 i dunno what to think of those changes ..it's quite late and it doesn't seem efficient enough to attract new players ..i hope there is more to it than that .

LOL Naughty Dog really wasn't playing when they said "soon". I remember a thread on the official forums where members were pleading and fussing over customization wants/needs and it finally happened,.....a year and change later.

Xdye7

Tournament and F2P aside, this patch fixes/adds things that should have shipped with the game on launch.

More than a year later.

Why.

jett

D-Member
Tournament and F2P aside, this patch fixes/adds things that should have shipped with the game on launch.

More than a year later.

Why.

The saddest thing is that just now do they increase the amount of money objective medals give you. I'd like to say better later than never, but this is just fucking pathetic.

AlexBasch

Newbies will have a hard time getting into the game. Jumping into any room with pure Lv. 75 that are far more racist, aggressive and whatnot than all my years in Gears isn't easy. :p

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
None Shall Pass are ridiculously easy to get now, which is fine since I understand a lot of people had trouble getting them before. So is expansionist. Still glad I had over 500 (NSP) of them before the reduction. Now people may be able to get the trophy without boosting for it.

The colors are so ridiculous, yet so awesome at the same time. It's just hilarious seeing all the insane color combinations you can make. Lazarevic with everything pink including his helmet makes him look like a fucking penis. :lol

There's really no difference in gameplay, though. It's still the same thing with all the issues this game has had since the beginning. I didn't notice anything different aside from the new colors and medal changes, which is a shame IMO. There's still so much to fix, but nothing is done about it. I still got split from the party I was playing with, there's still the whole everyone can't respawn glitch (thanks for that, terrible host), horrible matchmaking, LAG, garbage blindfire....nothing has changed. NOTHING.

C'mon. 17 patches in and hardly any technical fixes.

Revven

Well, it's been confirmed today that UC3 is F2P and it's launching today, you can find the post on the Naughty Dog blog.

Aren't we also getting a part 2 to the patch today? Like, 1.18 or something? Or just part 2 patch notes?

Xdye7

Well, it's been confirmed today that UC3 is F2P and it's launching today, you can find the post on the Naughty Dog blog.

Aren't we also getting a part 2 to the patch today? Like, 1.18 or something? Or just part 2 patch notes?

Watch part two just be all the new hats lol

GRIP

Cut the prices in half, get rid of the mandatory ads between matches, and raise the level cap to 20. I think that is at least a respectable attempt to gain new fans while also making some extra cash.

I hope it's not the game but it is the only place I notice this: I swap weapons automatically which fucking robs me when I'm in the middle of firing at someone... TWICE! Fucking rage. The game decides I need to jump whenever too, and sometimes even pops off a few shots just because why not for some reason.

If it's my controller, that's cool. But I need to see if this is the game's fault first before picking up a new pad.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's definitely your controller. Never had any of those issues when my controller worked flawlessly. I need to buy a new one too. My battery doesn't last long anymore, the right thumb stick stays pressed in one direction even when I'm not even touching it and sometimes when I sprint, it somehow registers it as the up direction from the D-pad. So let's say I have a kickback ready and decide to sprint..oops, my kickback gets activated without me doing anything! Dumb controller. Thing is that they're still expensive in my opinion. $40.

Also remember, the triangle button swaps your weapons.

GRIP

Yup, that's your controller. For all the problems this game has, randomly changing weapons and jumping out of nowhere are not issues that I've ever seen brought up before and I've never experienced them myself.

Andrefpvs

Can someone tell me how the hell am I supposed to get the 50 Assassin medals trophy now? Games don't last long enough to get that medal.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can someone tell me how the hell am I supposed to get the 50 Assassin medals trophy now? Games don't last long enough to get that medal.

You're never supposed to get it. There's a trophy for it in U2 and like you said: Rounds don't last long (and besides, the melee hit-detection for backs was wonky in U2 and I don't think they fixed that in U3)

Top Bottom