• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Can someone tell me how the hell am I supposed to get the 50 Assassin medals trophy now? Games don't last long enough to get that medal.
It's possible and completely doable. Now it's even easier to make your character all black thanks to the color patch so that when you use Cloaked, you blend in more in dark spots. Not to mention that you can technically take advantage of the F2P noobs to snap their necks easily. I leveled up Cloaked in TDM. Know the popular spots and try hiding in corners where you'll blend into the darkness and wait while you have the Cloaked booster. Endurance is also a good booster due to the added sprint so on Maps like Museum use it. Also have Monkey Man on to climb to places much faster if you're chasing someone. Patience is key.

Edit:

Whatever you do, don't put call out on your mods to lower the chances of one your team mates shooting down the person you are trying to stealth kill.

Andrefpvs

It's possible and completely doable. Now it's even easier to make your character all black thanks to the color patch so that when you use Cloaked, you blend in more in dark spots. Not to mention that you can technically take advantage of the F2P noobs to snap their necks easily. I leveled up Cloaked in TDM. Know the popular spots and try hiding in corners where you'll blend into the darkness and wait while you have the Cloaked booster. Endurance is also a good booster due to the added sprint so on Maps like Museum use it. Also have Monkey Man on to climb to places much faster if you're chasing someone. Patience is key.

Edit:

Whatever you do, don't put call out on your mods to lower the chances of one your team mates shooting down the person you are trying to stealth kill.

Hey, those are good tips! Thanks.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I was going to ask.

Do you guys see a notable increase in the amount of new players? Should be easy to see, with the new ones not having the icon, right?

jett

D-Member
Yeah, I was going to ask.

Do you guys see a notable increase in the amount of new players? Should be easy to see, with the new ones not having the icon, right?

I see a lot of people playing without the ND icon. Every match has a few of those.

Mikey Jr.

Somewhat. I felt bad for matching up with 75's against new players. Won 50-3. Matchmaking is a joke.

I see a lot of people playing without the ND icon. Every match has a few of those.

Could be interesting going into next gen.

It has brought a few people in, whether or not they pay money is another story, but I see Sony really pushing this route next gen. This F2P model has allowed people to try out a game that they obviously had no intention of trying. What happens next gen though? Does Killzone 4 offer a F2P model right off the bat?

oatmeal

Banned
I picked this up on Friday and am on Chapter....11? I just escaped torture and now have to kill all of the dudes on the ships. I have died several times there and have taken a break (playing on HARD).

Quality game. I think it holds up well to Uncharted 2, not as good (especially story...this one is hilarious "THEY MUST HAVE FOLLOWED US!!!")...but I'm really enjoying it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Gotta love the rise of alternate accounts abusing the level based matchmaking thanks to the free 2 play version. Fucking disgusting.

Strike

U2dJSZF.jpg

It took me 6 months, but I did it. I finally did it. 100% Trophy completion once again. Credit goes to Star, GS2, Xdye, hao chi, gib, PS3trophies.org, and the many randoms I had to play with to get this.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Congrats Strike!!!

Getting the 100% back is definitely time consuming and not an easy task! Props.

I'm just two trophies away from 100%, but really I'm in no hurry because can I can easily get them if I wanted to!!

And you're welcome.

Wait...who is haochi? Last I remember his motto was, "iTryHard".

Congrats Strike! You're very welcome! :D

I probably won't get 100%... Stupid Copper Newari Figure. :(

hao-tshy, -P, -D... there are other names to call him.

The Light

I decided to download the f2p version and this seems so different from uc2. Maybe its just me but the movement doesn't feel as fluid as in 2. I was also was matched up against high lvl players that ended in lopsided matches. Still had fun tho, but unsure if i like it enough to get the goty version. I will keep playing through the weekend to decide.

Also does anyone know of a good cheap mic i can buy?

K-19

Banned
I decided to download the f2p version and this seems so different from uc2. Maybe its just me but the movement doesn't feel as fluid as in 2. I was also was matched up against high lvl players that ended in lopsided matches. Still had fun tho, but unsure if i like it enough to get the goty version. I will keep playing through the weekend to decide.

Also does anyone know of a good cheap mic i can buy?

The UC3 multi worth it, it's more dynamic and it still fun. You'll get a the brand new GOTY for like 40$, I doubt you'll find it for less.

You can also buy the multi mode, the co-op mode and the solo apart if you want.

Just bought the GOTY version (new and sealed) the online pass code doesn't work its the correct region code for the correct region account. Is this something to do with f2p being a thing? Did I just waste money buying it new to be forever stuck at level 15?

Gaf? Help me.

Edit: constant level syncing error sweet, I can't wait for this generation to be over. I'll stick to my pc for the majority of gaming. I hate feeling like I'm in the stone age.

Just bought the GOTY version (new and sealed) the online pass code doesn't work its the correct region code for the correct region account. Is this something to do with f2p being a thing? Did I just waste money buying it new to be forever stuck at level 15?

Gaf? Help me.

Edit: constant level syncing error sweet, I can't wait for this generation to be over. I'll stick to my pc for the majority of gaming. I hate feeling like I'm in the stone age.

Bought the game over the weekend and I'm in the same boat.

I went here https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options/ and chose the Live Chat option.
I received a request number, and was told to send an email with a scan of my receipt and the online pass slip attached to it. Didn't try the phone option, so I don't know if that's quicker. I have to wait 3-5 days for a response, so I'm just sticking to the single-player for now.

Xdye7

I find it incredible how ND kept delaying 1.16/1.17/F2P for like 3 months and still manages to royally fuck up, regardless of all the "extra testing to make sure everything works".

The Light

I'm so bad at this. Whenever I get a kill its feels more like luck than skill. I like the g-mal but i can't use it lol. Also noticed most people I played had m9's so I take it that is the best weapon in the game?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It has overpowered blindfire even without the mod, overpowered rate of fire mod, hardly any recoil so it's good at any range, a great clip size... Yeah. The gun has NO weakness. I've never liked the gun myself because of those reasons and hardly use it. It makes getting kills way too easy.

Since you're using the GMAL, it'll be hard for you to get kills with it on maps where it's mostly CQC like Chateau for example. It's recoil is also something you have to get used to, but if you want things more easier, use the Accuracy mod on it since it'll feel like the old GMAL before it got the nerf. Remember, play it smart. You're at a disadvantage in any CQC encounter since it hardly has any stopping power left so always keep a good distance between yourself and opponent. It all depends on the map. Uncharted 3 MP is one of the few games that rewards people for not aiming at ALL, thanks to Robert Cogburn.

Spinluck

Classic mode is the only right mode.

Still ruined by power weapon placement.

I still thinking picking up power weapons should slow you down, or make you visible to everyone.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Pistols Plunder is still fun in UC3. Glad it made a return. I still want a TAU only lab, ND. C'mon make it happen! It will be so fun.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was about to call you out on your mistake. Lrn2readplz

This lab is so fucking hilarious. Everyone has the pistole and infinite amount of grenades. You can just imagine all the chaos it brings. It's so hard to capture the idol because it rains grenades every time. Hahahaha. No kickbacks, but boosters are allowed. So far played one match and it lasted 14 minutes in London Underground.

eloestmn

New Q&A is up
Source

"Why does Uncharted 3 only have a two man MP team?" - Blooddrunk123

We have reallocated studio resources to work on other projects but this is a quote that was a bit of hyperbole. It has since been taken out of context. We certainly have more than two people working on U3 Multiplayer right now otherwise Patch 1.17 wouldn’t have ever happened. However we have scaled back the team size to handle the maintenance of the game rather than building new content for the game. That said we have plenty of new content in the pipeline that will be coming out over the next few months. We recently unearthed a gem that might see the light of day too. J

"Is there any plan to fix the "ring of death" that has plagued us since day 1 of the beta such as players being put back in the lobby after a 90 second timeout WITHOUT a loss?" - DARKFIRE007

We’ve looked into this issue and we’re still sorting out what can be done if anything at all. It’s infrequent and difficult to isolate.

"Is there any chance we'll ever get to see separate objective modes (At least in customs)?" - AbNoRmaL__aGenT

We built the objectives modes as they are for game design reasons. Separating them out is involves backend technical work that would alter the nature of the gameplay. It’s a matter of us just not finishing in time to address the number of Options we wanted in Custom Game. We realize the error and we’ll be sure such things are implemented earlier in future projects. We had intention of patching it but touching the amount of code it would require would have caused a series of other issues.

"I'm only going to ask one more time, cause 10 months of asking seems like enough. There are some riot shield glitches still present in Uncharted 3, although the shield is not a popular weapon, it is still something in the game. Will you ever fix them? Section 4) Of this thread explains them in greater detail. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Riot-Man-s-rioting-ways-of-riot..." - Slaynman

As your post points out we’ve addressed some glitches with the Riot Shield since patch 1.13. We’ve gotten it to a point at which the glitches you mention aren’t common or easily reproducible. It’s unlikely we’ll be addressing anything else with it. It’s a rare weapon meant to give a distinct defensive advantage.

"I believe March is the Last Q&A. Is there gonna be any more Patches regarding to Technical Issues?" - fyiByas

Our last Q&A? That’s news to us. We are investigating doing a patch 1.18 but exact content is still TBD. We’ve really pushed the PS3 to its limits with Uncharted 3 Multiplayer and we’re starting to run up against some technical issues that we might not be able to circumvent.

"In UC3, The semi-automatics have an input-cap (instead of the ROF-cap that was in place in UC2) to deal with turbo controllers, and due to this mechanic, "jamming" existed as a side effect. In addition, the turbo controllers easily bypass the cap with some programming, while with UC2 ROF-cap those issues were non-existent.

Can you re-implement the UC2 ROF-cap again instead of the input-cap? Along with some explanation?" - B_Smiley

Turbo controllers were something overlooked. And while UC2 may have addressed the issue, with the amount of new code implemented for UC3, it was disabled. Implementing this feature, along with anything else that would require a code change, is just way to big a risk right now.

"Any plans for giving characters like DLC Elenas, Desert Talbot, Suited Marlowe items from their basics version (e.g. DLC Drake can wear items from normal Drake like baseball cap)?" - Szkarad156

No. All the DLC is made for each character skin and won’t work for other character skins. The models are different.

"Why hasn't Winter Chloe's black eyes been fixed or are you planning to fix it? (I would've figured that by making the color additions, this would've been fixed)" - awsome_robot

This is something low on the priority list. We’ll get around to it if time permits but it’s less pressing than other issues.

"Why haven't the issues with splitscreen (character customization specifically) been fixed yet? It's been 16 months now since the game released, what gives?" - curtainman1

This will require touching code. Touching code after release is always tricky business and we’ve decided to address issues we see as critical. While there are a number of split screen issues we’d like to tackle, the risk is just too great for us to consider it.

"Will any of the Uncharted developers or the 2 man team play with me or other community members to show they at least play the game they are working on?" - Hielke6991

We’ve been busy making new content and getting patches ready but are you reading our blog and the forums lately? We recently played the EU community. We want to know when you can play in Naughty Paws with us. We will have more events in the future as well.

It’s infrequent and difficult to isolate.
Maybe Im reading that wrong but are they saying the spinning ring doesnt happen to me at least twice a night? 14 times a week 60 times a month?

Mikey Jr.

Basically....

"We are not fixing any technical glitches because that means messing with the code, and we don't want to touch the code."

So yeah guys, better stop asking for tech fixes, because that is way beyond the time/man power/resources that they are willing to put in for the game.

eloestmn

I thought the ring of death was due to the player acting as server leaving the game.
You're right I believe. Even though I typed spinning ring, I meant to gripe about the issue with being kicked backed into the lobby. The actual spinning ring screen still happens at least 1 a night though. Either way, both are annoying.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Ah, some people take this game way too seriously. Had a few matches of plunder with pistole and grenades with my friends and the constant grenade spam made us laugh our ass off. Heard the guys from the other team with the TAG [GRIM] going "Oh my god, why are you laughing?"

jett

D-Member
Current lab is a mess.

If any active UC3 player wants to add me btw my psn is el_jett. I still play from time to time. :p

Xdye7

I want to play this game, but then I remember how much time I spend in the lobby only to get into a laggy ass game.

Playing solo isn't fun at all due to clueless teammates and FFA is full of fuckheads.

I want to play this game, but then I remember how much time I spend in the lobby only to get into a laggy ass game.

Playing solo isn't fun at all due to clueless teammates and FFA is full of fuckheads.

Games have been laggy for me in both competitive and co-op now. I pretty much play only by invite now. Lately, I've been having a blast doing back to back Crushing.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Great games tonight tapantaola! I had such a blast. We had some really great Team Objective matches, and some close ones too just the way I like it. Don't think we lost a single match either. Thank god you sent me the invite; I was getting pissed off playing TDM with team mates that were going 0-15...lol

hao chi

Gib and I played some games last night, and I'll most likely be on tonight as well.

Chris R

Clearing out my emails, I found a code.

KBLR-FENA-HEFF

It was the Amazon pre-order skin, but I never played or plan on playing the multiplayer so someone can use it here I hope. Sorry if someone grabs it before you do!

Top Bottom