• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Xdye7

Co-op is tedious. All I want is Drake's damn aviators, and gold glasses for, Eddy Raja! Getting like 3 treasures per game. Does difficulty effect the drop rate? Every time someone chooses normal, everyone leaves the lobby. :/

Play Hunter and go for chests.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I hadn't played the MP for like a week and now I'm reminded why. This game just frustrates the shit out of me. Nothing but pure bullshit. Garbage matchmaking and parties of five who only face off against fucking noobs.

And fuck the M9.

Xdye7

Ah, okay. I'll try that next time.

Just a heads up, it's probably the least fun you'll have playing this game. Best way to get rare treasure though, especially if you farm.

I hadn't played the MP for like a week and now I'm reminded why. This game just frustrates the shit out of me. Nothing but pure bullshit. Garbage matchmaking and parties of five who only face off against fucking noobs.

And fuck the M9.

I was wondering how long you'd last lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'll still play the MP, because when there's no BS and horrible team balancing, it's a lot of fun. I won't play it like I used to because honestly, it's not a lot of fun lone wolfing it up and I really despise playing in parties of 5 because it's boring. Parties of 2-3 is where it's at for me.

Robert Cogburn should not be allowed to work on any future MP games...EVER.

Had some great games tonight!
GGs to gibration, and jett.

Had possibly the worst lag, I've ever experienced with UC3 though. Had to have been like, ten second delays in between kills. Went away after a while, but fuck, yo. Of course it had to be my last match with gib. :/

And fuck the M9.
Are you describing, UC2? :lol

I'm trying to stay away form TDM, but it's the most populated play list. Was either that, or spend hours looking for matches in classic, I guess.

Got bored of the M9. Thankfully, I've not seen too many people using it lately. The AK is were it's at baby. Love that gun now. So glad it's a viable option now, instead of useless garbage like it was at launch.

Just a heads up, it's probably the least fun you'll have playing this game. Best way to get rare treasure though, especially if you farm.l
Well co-op is pretty boring to begin with. I just want my aviators back! Had them in the betas. Pisses me off that it takes so long to get just THREE pieces of treasure. Plus the fact that you have to play crushing on co-op adventure, just to get doughnut drake. Fuck that, yo. I worked hard to earn my fatty in UC2 MP. Now naughty dog denies me my fatty.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Apparently all the money made from those will go to a charity since it's Prevention of Cruelty for Animals month.

Logged in to the MP and the following information comes from the daily message:

Double cash events are happening every weekend throughout all of April. First one begins April 5th and ends at April 9.

Lab playlist will remain the same until mid-May since they are testing new Mesh Maps and are busy finishing up The Last of Us.

Xdye7

Apparently all the money made from those will go to a charity since it's Prevention of Cruelty for Animals month.

That makes sense since the skins were originally meant to be free, but this is ND so I'll wait for official word.

We should also have a Stop being a greedy bunch of Fucks month where ND halves all the DLC prices.

Lab playlist will remain the same until mid-May since they are testing new Mesh Maps and are busy finishing up The Last of Us.

Ha what a load of shit, there is a separate dev team for U3.

Also, why do they even bother testing the maps themselves? Something always goes wrong regardless of their testing. Just read the feedback on the forums you implemented for fucking feedback and patch it.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_multiplayer_animal_themed_dlc_arrives_this_april/

iCR1kOw.png

That is embarrassing.

I'll still play the MP, because when there's no BS and horrible team balancing, it's a lot of fun. I won't play it like I used to because honestly, it's not a lot of fun lone wolfing it up and I really despise playing in parties of 5 because it's boring. Parties of 2-3 is where it's at for me.

Robert Cogburn should not be allowed to work on any future MP games...EVER.

What exactly did Cogburn do?...

Though I agree, this game manages to be fun despite its problems. I hope any games that ape CoD's killsteaks does so like UC3 does where weapons/abilities you get don't automatically net you kills and can all be countered.

Xdye7

What's even more amazing is that ND won't change it. Nearly everyone fucking hates this, but too bad since Cogburn's "dream" MP is this pile of shit and that's that.

Your MP is nothing without the players you dense cunts, listen to them for fucks sake.

What's so wrong with that video? A lot of that is applicable to UC2. Or are the dislikes just because Cogburn is in there? lol

I think this vid was released at a time when the blindfire was,"Overpowered". I remember only a few people claiming BF was cheap in UC2. The hate only got worse for UC3, because the aiming controls were so shitty. No stopping power either(god that was dumb of them). People would scream at me for BF killing them. Was pretty hilarious, but the joke was on me when they nerfed it. :/

Don't really know where else the hate could have come from.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Blindfire is still overpowered. And I'm not even going to waste my time explaining why that video is so fucking wrong. It needs no further explanation.

What more would you want them to do? The movement while running is slowed, accuracy nerf, and stopping power added to all guns. Looking at the video and seeing how easy he's moving while blindfiring, you can't do that now. They only thing I can think of is removing the BF retical.
know this is something we don't agree on. Just curious. :p

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Blindfire in this game has stopping power. STOPPING power.

And you don't even need to move that fast anymore while blindfiring anyways since your bullets will still connect from a ridiculous distance. Kal, M9, and Para are the worst offenders. It's really sad that the Para 9 is a better weapon for blindfire than the damn Micro.

I also would love to see this magical stopping power people keep talking about in this game because I'll still lose CQC scenarios because the stopping power doesn't come in fast enough. The only time I see it take effect is when I'm shooting someone from midrange and don't finish off my opponent. Never has it stopped an M9 user on time in CQC and I use the damn AK which has the highest stopping power in this game. It wouldn't be that much of a problem I think if melee didn't take away half of your health and the whole whack and roll thing doesn't help either.

Nobody hates Mr. Cogburn just for the sake of it. Maybe he's a cool guy to drink some beers with, who knows?!

We're not judging his personality; we're judging his controversial decisions regarding this game, since he happens to be the UC3 MP Lead Designer.

I'm sorry, but you cannot ignore a thread with over 140 kudos:

http://community.us.playstation.com...s-time-to-do-something/m-p/38642509#U38642509

I think it's funny that blindfire idiots claim that only a "minority" of the player pool (140 people out of many thousands) complains about the hipfire/blindfire mechanic.

Wasn't it the same with the G-MAL complaints? Only a "minority" of the player pool complained about it and quite frankly, I don't remember a single G-MAL thread gathering 140+ kudos.

OK, I can understand that some people didn't want to be forced to use the G-MAL to stay competitive, but now is the complete opposite: if you don't use the M9 and don't blindfire your way to the victory, then you are at a disadvantage.

So, they imposed us their crappy playstyle and made the G-MAL a niche weapon (I use it sometimes, but very rarely).

Can someone tell me how is that fair? Or we should just deal with it and accept the fact that automatic lovers got what they wanted and screwed even long-time G-MAL players (since the Summer beta) like me?

What makes me even more sad is that Mr. Cogburn must be a "valuable" employee for SCEA, since UC3 MP has proved to be far more successful sale-wise and money-wise than UC2 MP.

So, there is a high chance that Sony might appoint him to be the UC4 MP Lead Designer. :|

Just finished SP for the first time, in about 9 hours on Normal. Loved everything to do with the ship, but other than that, the game fell flat on its face for me. Nowhere near as fun or exciting as UC2, or even UC1. And that ending? That had to have been one of the most anticlimactic last scenes in any video game, ever.

Just finished SP for the first time, in about 9 hours on Normal. Loved everything to do with the ship, but other than that, the game fell flat on its face for me. Nowhere near as fun or exciting as UC2, or even UC1. And that ending? That had to have been one of the most anticlimactic last scenes in any video game, ever.

I know that feel bro.

UC1 has a better story than UC3. UC2 has the best story overall.

Graphics and Hollywood-esque setpieces isn't the end all be all in video games.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Did you ever get your None Shall Pass trophy tapantaola? Pre change or after the change if yes?

Btw, I agree with most of your points. All I think the GMAL needs now is a little bit of stopping power only to stop the blindfire rushers in CQC scenarios. I still think it's a great gun, but you're at a huge disadvantage in most maps because the game is now M9 all day every day. I've always hated that fucking gun. Only gun in the game that has no drawbacks. Fuck that.

GRIP

The Gmal is still a very good gun. Obviously, it's better suited for certain maps, but it is still effective and I still use it frequently.

I don't really understand why so many people are blaming Naughty Dog for the current state of the game (in terms of blind firing) when it was the players that ran from the Gmal like the plague when it was given a slight nerf, and then decided to run towards the M9. The M9 was every bit as effective pre patch 1.13 as it currently is. No one thought the M9 was a godly weapon for over a year (if we're including the BETAs).

Did you ever get your None Shall Pass trophy tapantaola? Pre change or after the change if yes?
Yes, I got 100% trophy completion before TU 1.17 was released. :)

I'm also happy about the NSP change (5 -> 2 kills), because that means that less people will have an incentive to boost -> bigger TO pool -> win-win.

Btw, I agree with most of your points. All I think the GMAL needs now is a little bit of stopping power only to stop the blindfire rushers in CQC scenarios. I still think it's a great gun, but you're at a huge disadvantage in most maps because the game is now M9 all day every day. I've always hated that fucking gun. Only gun in the game that has no drawbacks. Fuck that.
Yeah, it could use a buff.

And the M9 is my go-to weapon in TO, because it's a CQC-heavy mode, lol.

I still use the G-MAL in TDM and Plunder, but only in certain long-range maps (Train Wreck, Syria, Fort etc.) and the Dragon in maps like Yemen...

I don't really understand why so many people are blaming Naughty Dog for the current state of the game (in terms of blind firing) when it was the players that ran from the Gmal like the plague when it was given a slight nerf, and then decided to run towards the M9.
You assume that everyone is an Ibiza knobhead, aka using the "cheap weapon of the week" to inflate their stats.

That's not the case with me, because I've been using the G-MAL since the Summer beta. I don't necessarily jump on bandwagons. In fact, I never jumped on the 4HK FAL-SS bandwagon. I was using the G-MAL religiously back then.

It's still my favorite weapon, although not the most effective one...

The Summer beta G-MAL was fine. It had less recoil, UC2-esque aim assist and more stopping power thanks to Heavy Bullets (paid booster). It was totally balanced. I don't understand why ND scrapped the Summer beta framework. :\

No one thought the M9 was a godly weapon for over a year (if we're including the BETAs).
And no one thought the G-MAL was a godly weapon for over 3 months (I'm not including the betas), when the FAL-SS reigned supreme.

See my point now?

Regarding blindfire:

It's ridiculous that you can get "Death from above" medals if you hipfire the Para while jumping (100% lock-on). I feel that I didn't deserve that kill whenever that happens.

They nerfed the shotguns, so it's not possible to get kills while jumping anymore. Can someone tell me why pistols should be stronger (blindfire lock-on) than shotguns? Does it make any sense to you?

GRIP

You assume that everyone is an Ibiza knobhead, aka using the "cheap weapon of the week" to inflate someone's stats.

That's not the case with me, because I've been using the G-MAL since the Summer beta. I don't necessarily jump on bandwagons.

It's still my favorite weapon, although not the most effective one...

The Summer beta G-MAL was fine. It had less recoil, UC2-esque aim assist and more stopping power thanks to Heavy Bullets (paid booster). It was totally balanced. I don't understand why ND scrapped the Summer beta framework. :\

And no one thought the G-MAL was a godly weapon for over 3 months (I'm not including the betas), when the FAL-SS reigned supreme.

See my point now?

I'm not assuming anything, and I'm not vilifying you. The majority of players ran from the Gmal in the same way that they ran from the Fal-SS when it was nerfed. These changes were brought on because of the overwhelming requests from the community. Neither gun was nerfed to the point that they are completely useless, but the players thought they were too much effort so they stopped using them. Nothing has really changed with the M9 over the course of U3 life cycle. I think we've just gotten to the point where ND doesn't want to keep nerfing weapons, and as a result, we are left with the current state of the game. I don't think that's a good thing, but to put all the blame on ND and not the players/community just doesn't seem right to me.

but to put all the blame on ND and not the players/community just doesn't seem right to me.
Agreed 100%.

For example, there is a strong blindfire supporter (Steven1379) on the ND forums that demonizes the G-MAL and everything that has to do with stopping power (even SP hats that give you a negligible boost, lol).

He has even said that "he is destined for blindfire only", haha! Seriously, his confession literally cracked me up.

http://community.us.playstation.com...o-s-time-to-do-something/m-p/40061571#M336478

"if anything it just assures me i am destined for BF only"

I sincerely believe that Robert Cogburn listened to players like Steven and made the M9/blindfire/lag'n'roll combo the dominant playstyle. It takes two to tango (company & players).

GRIP

Agreed 100%.

For example, there is a strong blindfire supporter (Steven1379) on the ND forums that demonizes the G-MAL and everything that has to do with stopping power (even SP hats that give you a negligible boost, lol).

He has even said that "he is destined for blindfire only", haha! Seriously, his confession literally cracked me up.

http://community.us.playstation.com...o-s-time-to-do-something/m-p/40061571#M336478

"if anything it just assures me i am destined for BF only"

I sincerely believe that Robert Cogburn listened to players like Steven and made the M9/blindfire/lag'n'roll combo the dominant playstyle. It takes two to tango (company & players).

I'm sure Steven has the power to dictate the way the game is played. The M9/blindfire/lag'n'roll playstyle wasn't a problem until ND nerfed U3's most prominent weapon at the request of the community.

I'm sure Steven has the power to dictate the way the game is played.
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or what?

I merely used Steven as an example. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of "Stevens" in the player pool that can't hit the right side of a barn. We've all seen plenty of them.

So yeah, all these players have managed to dictate the way this game is "meant" to be played.

The M9/blindfire/lag'n'roll playstyle wasn't a problem until ND nerfed U3's most prominent weapon at the request of the community.
So, you agree that the weapon ecosystem was disrupted in their favor.

It's like eliminating snakes (a predator) from a certain area. Rats will thrive and the ecosystem will become unbalanced. :\

GRIP

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or what?

I merely used Steven as an example. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of "Stevens" in the player pool that can't hit the right side of a barn. We've all seen plenty of them.

Yes, I was absolutely being sarcastic, because practically no one the forums is demanding a blindfire boost. The very few that do, come across as trolls and no one takes them seriously.

Edit: And YES, I absolutely agree that the game was changed for the worst when the M9 became the most prominent weapon.

Also, does anyone remember Robert Cogburn's comments regarding Fleet Foot "dancers" and the G-MAL? He had said that newcomers have a hard time to gun them down. You don't say?!

It's pretty obvious to me that he hates playstyles that require aiming, so he will listen to players that love blindfire.

Yes, I was absolutely being sarcastic, because practically no one the forums is demanding a blindfire boost. The very few that do, come across as trolls and no one takes them seriously.
Where did I say that someone demanded a BF boost? BF is already boosted enough, LOL!

Steven never asked for a BF buff. He just said that he was happy with the current status quo.

Buffing OP mechanics doesn't make any sense. If anything, they should be nerfed and underused mechanics/weapons should be buffed. No?

GRIP

Where did I say that someone demanded a BF boost? BF is already boosted enough, LOL!

Steven never asked for a BF buff. He just said that he was happy with the current status quo.

Buffing OP mechanics doesn't make any sense. If anything, they should be nerfed and underused mechanics/weapons should be buffed. No?

Okay, Steven likes blindfiring, but he doesn't want a boost. Fuuuu, it seems like we are agreeing on a lot of levels.

GRIP

Tap, I think I see what is going on here. You and I just don't see eye-eye on many issues surrounding this game. There is really only one way to resolve this.

1v1

Highrise. Best map for this..... thing.....

LET'S DO IT!!!!!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Okay, I laughed harder than I should have at this last comment. Well done! :lol

Just one thing: I've always been a vocal hater for the M9 since forever. Look up my post history. I will say it again: fuck that gun.

Xdye7

Also, does anyone remember Robert Cogburn's comments regarding Fleet Foot "dancers" and the G-MAL? He had said that newcomers have a hard time to gun them down. You don't say?!

Yeah, what the fuck. Fleet Foot was nerfed only because of the GMAL, which made absolutely no sense. His post was something along the lines of "fleet foot speed has been decreased, lets see how the GMAL is now".

Just one thing: I've always been a vocal hater for the M9 since forever. Look up my post history. I will say it again: fuck that gun.

Why do you hate it so much? It's nearly identical to the AK47.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Why do you hate it so much? It's nearly identical to the AK47.
The only identical part is that they're both automatic weapons.

----

Anyway:

Double Cash Events - (UPDATE: We ran into some issues with the first push so we're extending Double Cash for a full 8 days starting Monday. Thanks for understanding and your patience!)

Start: Monday, April 8, at 12:00 PM PDT or 19:00 GMT/UTC

End: Tuesday, April 16, at 12:00 PM PDT or 19:00 GMT/UTC

Start: Friday, April 19, at 12:00 PM PDT or 19:00 GMT/UTC

End: Tuesday, April 23, at 12:00 PM PDT or 19:00 GMT/UTC

Start: Friday, April 26, at 12:00 PM PDT or 19:00 GMT/UTC

End: Tuesday, April 30, at 12:00 PM PDT or 19:00 GMT/UTC

:naughtydog

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Then why do you suck when you play with the AK and magically perform much better when you use the M9 if they're so identical?

Xdye plz.

I'm not going over this. I've explained the differences way too many times.

Top Bottom