• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

jett

D-Member
M9 has been nerfed several times and some of you still won't quit your bitching? Some of you want every weapon to be useless garbage.

Xdye7

LOL @ Eric's tweet

The M9 is fine; the other weapons suck. The AK-47 isn't as common as the M9 because people want something different from UC2, and because it doesn't have the ROF mod (which significantly increases the amount of people that use the M9).

G-MAL has awful recoil
FAL-SS rate of fire/jamming depends on host
Dragon is a chore to aim
KAL is useless for anything out of rolling range

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
ROF 'nerf' lol. it STILL kills faster than the stock M9 and guess what? You can control the recoil now so it's actually aim-able when back then it was almost impossible to kill someone at mid range or long distance with the ROF, but now you can. Blindfire nerf? Don't fucking make me laugh. You can have any M9 without the blindfire mod and it'll still connect every bullet for you and equipping the mod will still make the M9 act like it did before this 'nerf'. Those nerfs were a joke.

I don't want the weapons to be useless, I want the playing field to be fair so we can see variety and the fact is that if you don't use an M9, especially against good players, you are at a disadvantage because the gun has no weakness whatsoever. It excells in all ranges which is bullshit and worst of all, it's blindfire is way too strong when it shouldn't be. None of the other weapons in this game are useless, even after their nerfs. The GMAL (only needs a boost in stopping power to stop the blindfire rushers), FAL, Dragon, and AK are all great guns, but most people don't like to work for their kills.

LOL @ people want something different from UC2 :lol :lol

jett

D-Member
ROF 'nerf' lol. it STILL kills faster than the stock M9 and guess what? You can control the recoil now so it's actually aim-able when back then it was almost impossible to kill someone at mid range or long distance with the ROF, but now you can. Blindfire nerf? Don't fucking make me laugh. You can have any M9 without the blindfire mod and it'll still connect every bullet for you and equipping the mod will still make the M9 act like it did before this 'nerf'. Those nerfs were a joke.

As a M9 user, I know a lot of this to be BS. The blindfire nerf was most definitely noticeable, enough to get me to use a custom weapon with a blindfire mod for a while. Ditto for the ROF mod nerf, it was enough for me to stop wasting a slot on it. The nerfs aren't a joke. At this point the M9 and to a certain extent the AK47 are the only weapons that are still "fun" to use. All the others are just trash. Don't even get me started on the shit handguns. A crime.

Xdye7

LOL @ people want something different from UC2 :lol :lol

It's odd I know, but also a real reason some people use one over the other.
Why change skins, or use different guns because of their colour?

Sure, all the guns are "great", but technically terrible against the M9 and AK.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
As a M9 user, I know a lot of this to be BS. The blindfire nerf was most definitely noticeable, enough to get me to use a custom weapon with a blindfire mod for a while. Ditto for the ROF mod nerf, it was enough for me to stop wasting a slot on it. The nerfs aren't a joke. At this point the M9 and to a certain extent the AK47 are the only weapons that are still "fun" to use. All the others are just trash. Don't even get me started on the shit handguns. A crime.
for a while? So you don't need the blindfire mod anymore? If your answer is yes, thanks for proving my point. Nothing has changed when it comes to the blindfire nerf if you don't need it anymore. "For a while" just tells me it was a temporary placebo effect.

And if you play the MP regularly, you'd know that people haven't moved on from ROF. It's still the hottest thing ever when it comes to the M9, only more deadly this time because you can actually aim it now at any distance.

jett said:
Don't even get me started on the shit handguns. A crime.
Yeah, most of them suck. The only one that is deadly is the Para 9. It outclasses every other handgun in this game. It's the M9 of the handguns. Good at aiming and very good at CQC, outshining the Micro which was designed for CQC encounters. Three blindfire shots of the Para and a punch is enough to kill an opponent.

Raffica is a joke. Awful hit detection, takes too many shots to kill someone...I'd rather use the TAU sniper over that trash. I really like the TAU sniper and use it a lot, but I ain't going to lie...it's a very inferior handgun compared with the Para and micro and thanks to the addition of stat hats, the TAU sniper has lost it's only benefit against all other handguns: Call out. Now anyone can have call out on their weapons thanks to the stupid stat hats.

It's odd I know, but also a real reason some people use one over the other.
What?

That doesn't make any sense. Whatsoever. Maybe it's one of your reasons, but the majority? Not even in the slightest.

G-MAL has awful recoil
FAL-SS rate of fire/jamming depends on host
Dragon is a chore to aim
KAL is useless for anything out of rolling range

GMAL's recoil is still manageable. If you're having trouble, use the Accuracy mod on it and it'll be like the GMAL never changed. Only thing it needs is a little more stopping power, like I said to stop the BF rushers.
FAL SS has jamming if you're trying to spam your shots like a fool. Time them and you'll hardly get jammed. Just like the Para 9. It still kills relatively quickly.
Dragon is only a chore to aim because of the sticky aim assist when you're trying to chase a target that's running or when there's two people in front of you (every gun has this problem).
KAL is just...the KAL. It's only used for trolling purposes at this point.

They all have ups and downs.

M9? None.

Xdye7

What?

That doesn't make any sense. Whatsoever. Maybe it's one of your reasons, but the majority? Not even in the slightest.

Because some = majority, me. Dat reading comprehension. It's just what I've read.

Just out of curiousity, why do you choose to use the AK over the M9?

Edit: goddamn it make your whole post at once, I caught the stealth edit too lol

GMAL's recoil is still manageable. If you're having trouble, use the Accuracy mod on it and it'll be like the GMAL never changed. Only thing it needs is a little more stopping power, like I said to stop the BF rushers.
FAL SS has jamming if you're trying to spam your shots like a fool. Time them and you'll hardly get jammed. Just like the Para 9. It still kills relatively quickly.
Dragon is only a chore to aim because of the sticky aim assist when you're trying to chase a target that's running or when there's two people in front of you (every gun has this problem).
KAL is just...the KAL. It's only used for trolling purposes at this point.

They all have ups and downs.

M9? None.

G-MAL recoil is just a pain to look at, essentially a visual handicap because you can readjust to your target during the time in between bursts.
I know how to use the FAL and latency to the host makes a difference.
Dragon aiming mechanics are exceptionally worse, plus shoulder switching isn't instantaneous like with other weapons.
As for the KAL; that's true for causal gameplay, but it can still be effective enough to be used/banned in competitive play. Remember the B2K tournament?

M9 has no ups and downs?

jett

D-Member
for a while? So you don't need the blindfire mod anymore? If your answer is yes, thanks for proving my point. Nothing has changed when it comes to the blindfire nerf if you don't need it anymore. "For a while" just tells me it was a temporary placebo effect.

And if you play the MP regularly, you'd know that people haven't moved on from ROF. It's still the hottest thing ever when it comes to the M9, only more deadly this time because you can actually aim it now at any distance.

I simply adjusted to playing with the nerfed blindfire, the Jade M9 is much more useful for me. And what I see is that most M9's lying around don't have the ROF mod, so no, you are wrong.

hao chi

The M9 allows you to make long-range kills, which shouldn't happen in the first place.

Disagreed. U2's balance was at its best when the FAL was a better long range weapon than the AK, but with enough skill an AK user could still beat them at long ranges. And alternatively, the FAL was usable at fairly close ranges and could hold its own, but the AK was the better choice.

Disagreed. U2's balance was at its best when the FAL was a better long range weapon than the AK, but with enough skill an AK user could still beat them at long ranges. And alternatively, the FAL was usable at fairly close ranges and could hold its own, but the AK was the better choice.
Why do you disagree? Automatics should never be able to snipe across the map! Semi-autos should have greater aiming accuracy/less recoil, at the expense of worse blindfire accuracy.

The UC2 AK was unbalanced. And yes, I preferred the unnerfed UC2 FAL. At least is was somewhat usable, without having to cornershoot all day every day (because that's what most people did with it after ND nerfed it to death).

I'm sorry, but ND has an extremely bad track record of ruining of semi-autos. Or maybe I shouldn't blame ND and instead blame the community that loves autos (UC2 AK, UC3 M9)?

Yeah, auto lovers got that they wanted and we are forced to adopt their playstyle. Congrats.

Akainu

So I beat it yesterday and I liked it. Though it seems to me some people were sore about.

My only problem is that enemies seemed to spawn out of nowhere when you screwed up a section you could stealth that and it always seems to save right afterward. There was the section in that airport and I've only got like two guys left to kill. I'm spotted then enemies start flooding out of nowhere behind me. And those drug Djinn enemies sucked.

I have to go with ReWrite on this one. When two evenly matched players suddenly face eachother and one has an M9 and the other ANY other gun, the person with the M9 will win. If that person has a ROF mod, he can even be ambushed and still easily win.

The key in any multiplayer game with different weapons is balance. In UC3, there is none. ND fucked it up several times and seem to be incapable of balancing anything properly.

Even if they did manage, they fucked everything up with the hats. Not only are the hat designs really ugly and stupid, they removed any possibility of any balance ever. I won't even start about the fact you have to pay for some. Pretty disguting and it feels like a big FU towards the loyal day-one fans.

On a side note, probably old but these made me laugh:

http://youtu.be/Nw_efouA8uE

http://youtu.be/dQmDWQAk_Qs

Nope. The FAL-SS kills faster and the AK-47 is equal.

The FAL is my favorite weapon but unreliable because of the jamming being connected to the host's ping. The FAL also requires a lot more skill.

The AK trumps the M9 in max ammo and accuracy. The M9 trumps the AK in both rate of fire and blindfire-accuracy. You think that is equal?

Xdye7

The FAL also requires a lot more skill.

"When two evenly matched players"

The AK trumps the M9 in max ammo and accuracy. The M9 trumps the AK in both rate of fire and blindfire-accuracy. You think that is equal?

The AK is barely more accurate than the M9, if at all. Same goes for blindfire accuracy, with the M9 in favour because both require 4 bullets and a melee for a kill (the M9 shoots 4 bullets faster than the AK can shoot 4 bullets).

Otherwise, both have the same kill time.

hao chi

Great games last night with Star, PSP, and Mono.

Why do you disagree? Automatics should never be able to snipe across the map! Semi-autos should have greater aiming accuracy/less recoil, at the expense of worse blindfire accuracy.

Using the automatics at long range requires quite a bit of skill, and at that range they don't kill faster than the G-MAL. If you're killed by a M9/AK user at long range when you have a G-MAL, that's on you.

The UC2 AK was unbalanced. And yes, I preferred the unnerfed UC2 FAL. At least is was somewhat usable, without having to cornershoot all day every day (because that's what most people did with it after ND nerfed it to death).

The FAL was only somewhat usable? The FAL was amazing, but this was countered by the higher skill requirement necessary to use it. If you missed a burst against an automatic at close to mid-range, you're almost guaranteed to die, but if your aim is good? You'll likely win.

It's all about trade offs.

I'm sorry, but ND has an extremely bad track record of ruining of semi-autos. Or maybe I shouldn't blame ND and instead blame the community that loves autos (UC2 AK, UC3 M9)?

Yeah, auto lovers got that they wanted and we are forced to adopt their playstyle. Congrats.

Hmm, well, I prefer the G-MAL, and in U2 the FAL was my go-to weapon until 1.05. I just mainly use the automatics now because they seem a bit more difficult to use for me.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Great games indeed! It was nice carrying you, GPS, and Mono. It had been a while, so it was nice to have our team back!!

Too bad it went downhill when it was just me and you, like it always does. Fucking matchmaking always giving us worthless team members that plain out fucking SUCK. I swear to god, I would rather it be just the two of us than have to suffer watching these brainless idiots play and get killed over and over again in addition to assisting the other team with basically FREE medals for their kickbacks.

Me and PSV had a similar scenario when it was just the two of us the other day...in a TO match in Syria. Me and him ended up getting 40+ kills because we had two useless people who were just...I kid you not...idle (didn't get kicked till like 5+ minutes into the match) or just standing in one spot just moving their camera without moving. We did end up winning that match, which was the most surprising part.

"When two evenly matched players"

Wait, what?
So if there are two weightlifters with the same capabilities and one lifts 50kg and the other 100kg, it requires the same amount of strength?

The AK is barely more accurate than the M9, if at all. Same goes for blindfire accuracy, with the M9 in favour because both require 4 bullets and a melee for a kill (the M9 shoots 4 bullets faster than the AK can shoot 4 bullets).

Otherwise, both have the same kill time.

Not my experience. Fine though.

Xdye7

Hmm, well, I prefer the G-MAL, and in U2 the FAL was my go-to weapon until 1.05. I just mainly use the automatics now because they seem a bit more difficult to use for me.

wut

So if there are two weightlifters with the same capabilities and one lifts 50kg and the other 100kg, it requires the same amount of strength?

FAL at full potential vs M9 at full potential = FAL wins. The FAL is obviously harder to use but it isn't something nearly impossible like getting quick Dragon headshots all the time and winning every gunfight ever.

Not my experience. Fine though.

What's your experience? The AK and M9 are very similar, but ultimately the M9 has the edge in real gameplay becuase it works better for steel fisting (due to better rate of fire, not better blindfire). Both have the same kill time via aiming though.

hao chi

Did I not explain myself well enough for the 14 year old?

Aiming automatics is different from the G-MAL, because you have to constantly need to keep your reticle on the enemy, whereas with the G-MAL you have time to adjust your aim between bursts. The scope on the G-MAL also helps.

I used to only use the G-MAL, and as a result I was pretty terrible with automatics.

Plus, part of the reason I mostly use the AK and M9 now is just because it's a change of pace for me.

T-0800

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but can I downlaod the 'free' MP on one of my PS3s and play the disk copy on my other PS3?

The Light

Are stat hats on in classic mode? I could've sworn I saw a call out the last match I played. Also what do I have to do to get treasure drops in mp? Since I have hit lvl 15 I have not received anything.

GRIP

Are stat hats on in classic mode? I could've sworn I saw a call out the last match I played. Also what do I have to do to get treasure drops in mp? Since I have hit lvl 15 I have not received anything.

I believe that stat hats work in all modes. Even Classic.

Found this thread on the forums...

http://community.us.playstation.com...-Arena-and-Classic-Modes/td-p/39038557/page/2

On your second question, are you a F2P guy? I'm not sure if that has any weight as far as treasure drops, but I get a ton every time I play (mostly TDM). So if you're not getting any, then I would venture to guess that the F2P is set up so that players only get a certain amount of drops without paying to unlock levels.

The Light

I don't why stats are on in classic. It's not that big of an advantage, but it still is one. I thought that mode was for everyone who wanted an uc2 feel.

Yea I am f2p currently. I'm starting to think it is true since I see that in games my buddies get drops yet I never do any more. Sucks since it is not mentioned in the f2p faq. May just give in and get the goty disc even though I don't care for the single player. Wish mp pricing wasn't such a rip off.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
April's Q&A is up:

1- Question: Can you please nerf hipfire and remove the whack and roll glitch in this game, isn't 140+ kudo's enough to make you realise that this really should happen, I know it's probably too late now because you ignored it for so long, so if the answer is no, can you please say that you will look into it for future Naughty Dog titles with competitive multiplayer?" - Matthijs_17

A: Due to game mechanics and animation – the whack and roll is a legitimate strategy that we accounted for when wrapping up game balance and MP development. As for hipfire, we appreciate you rallying support around this topic. It is something we will need some time to look at as it’s not a quick fix. To address anything with hipfire we’d need to tweak hipfire for every weapon in the game so proper balance occurs again. It will take some time and likely will be something we’ll have to look more closely at for future projects. However, it’s on the list of things we’d like to address time and resource permitting

2- Are there any chances of us ever getting that 3v3v3 3TDM Lab? It was supposed to happen months ago back in November, and it got replaced with a random Hammer Team Objective Lab, and it never showed up since. It was my (And quite a few others) most anticipated lab, and it would really suck if it never happened." – Orochidude

A: Unfortunately we didn’t know this until after we originally announced 3v3v3 3TDM Lab. Updating the scoreboard backend is not possible now.

3- "After Patch 1.15 the spawn points have been a little awry, will this ever be addressed in a patch? Village's spawn points are already bad enough especially when playing objective. You can spawn right next to both hill 1 & 3, but it also is very easy to spawn kill at Syria as well since you spawn in a wide open area. And I'm sure I'm not the only person who keeps spawning in front of that one guy trekking around the map. With a Sas." - Quizen8

A: We evaluate these on a case-by-case basis as they come up as problematic or not. If you can post up a video or direct message us some very specific footage of what the problem re-spawn points are and mention why they are issues then we can more readily address these.

4- "Would you guys consider altering Shade Survival treasure drop odds to be the same as Hunter Arena?" - IVIaster_ZED

A: We will be having rare treasure drop weekends that address these concerns from time to time. Also Shade Survival mode is a hardcore mode so it’s meant to be a good challenge.

5- Can you tweak the turn radius for sprinting to near the level of summer beta's? Along with some explanation for your response?" - B_Smiley

A: At this point we’d never want to revert back to our beta settings. It would mean undergoing a system wide rebalancing effort with all of the updates we’ve made so far. We can move only move forward based upon where the game stands now, and changing the turn spring turn radius is not something we have planned. We built Uncharted 3 MP to be a fast paced game. We’re happy with how the turning and movement is paced.

6- "Will you guys ever fix/address party splits?" – Sitrongr

A: These are cases that are difficult to reproduce in our testing environments, so we haven’t been able to reliably address all of the party splits you may have run into. What would help us is to continue to give us detailed step-by-step information on what was happening when the party gets split to address this specifically. This would be information like “I was in a party and I backed out to this menu to select a new loadout and the host went into this menu to change the color of his head item and then we split. Then I went and made a PB&J sandwich.” Very detailed and specific like that – we’ll continue looking into this with the information we’ve been gathering

7- "Are there any more patches in store for Uncharted 3? I'm guessing no.” – beat_da_beast

A: But you’re guessing! We’re really pushing the capabilities of the PS3 and the limits of our code for MP to the edge at this point, but we always want to try to see how far we can go. We plan to see what we can fix and what we might be able to be tweak yet time and resource permitting. We might, just maybe, even have something we cut added to the game if everything works out.

8- "Any plans for a "Best of The Lab" type of event as in you push out the best labs and lab maps into the lab game mode?" - tack129

A: Absolutely. We’ll continue to explore Labs as time matches along. To make something like this happen we’d need to potentially set up two polls. For instance, one for favorite Block Mesh Maps and one for favorite Game types in the Lab would have to happen. Then we can do best of labs. Let us get out our entire list of Block Mesh Maps first, cool? We’ll start rolling out more over the coming months.

9- "When you get the lab schedule organized (with the delay to Mid-May thing) can you update the calendar on the multiplayer portion of your site (HERE) with every lab event correctly (correct dates and if there is more than one game type (ie. more than one Block Mesh Map, or more than one mode variant))? It would be nice to know what we can expect to see in the coming weeks for the Lab playlist." - canadian94eh

A: We’ve updated this now. It’s meant to show what you can expect coming up and the date at which you can expect that Lab to be live.

10- "Are you ever going to fix the bug where everything unlockable gets highlighted randomly? It's pretty annoying to see that exclamation mark everywhere." - tln_SWE

A: Very uncommon for this to happen and this is something we’d need an exact reproduction case – step-by-step details - of how it happened to address in a meaningful way.

Bonus Question:

"If you had to pick a forum member to work for ND who would it be?" - munnsy1

A: It’s really tough to say without knowing what kind of development experience and work each member would be capable of. We give a pretty extensive and specific-to-a-discipline test prior to hiring everyone who works here. We expect our employees to perform at a very high caliber to make our games the best possible quality at all times. Open constructive criticism and heavy collaboration is very much encouraged here so we’d look for these attributes as well. Read our HR blog about how to get a job at ND!

hao chi

5- Can you tweak the turn radius for sprinting to near the level of summer beta's? Along with some explanation for your response?" - B_Smiley

A: At this point we’d never want to revert back to our beta settings. It would mean undergoing a system wide rebalancing effort with all of the updates we’ve made so far. We can move only move forward based upon where the game stands now, and changing the turn spring turn radius is not something we have planned. We built Uncharted 3 MP to be a fast paced game. We’re happy with how the turning and movement is paced.

Le sigh.

Not that I expected them to change it at this point. It is annoying though, because I can't help but suspect that they always intended on changing the sprint to how it was in the Subway demo, but felt they had to ease us in with the summer beta so everyone wouldn't complain endlessly about sprinting.

Remember how awesome the sprint animation looked with the camera zoomed in? That shit was epic.

2- Are there any chances of us ever getting that 3v3v3 3TDM Lab? It was supposed to happen months ago back in November, and it got replaced with a random Hammer Team Objective Lab, and it never showed up since. It was my (And quite a few others) most anticipated lab, and it would really suck if it never happened." – Orochidude

A: Unfortunately we didn’t know this until after we originally announced 3v3v3 3TDM Lab. Updating the scoreboard backend is not possible now.

Lzko31C.jpg

Naughty Dog gonna Naughty Dog.

D23

beat the single player for the first time yesterday, everything was fun up until the shipyards level and it just became fucking annoying with the enemy. i had to lowered the difficulty to easy so i can just enjoy story.. which is very forgettable :(

uncharted 2 was way better

GRIP

So I was playing the other day and had something kind of bizarre happen. I played a match with some dude (notice: WITH, we were on the same team), and we both did good and won the match when out of no where I start getting a crazy amount of hate mail from this guy. I didn't team kill him or anything like that, and I thought he was just confusing me for someone on the other team, but no. He knew we were on the same team, and sent message after message calling me a pussy and demanding a 1v1 against me. I tried asking him several times why he was so pissed, and the best answer I got was that I was a "pussy bitch with no skill". I've had people I played against send me these dumbass messages, but never someone on my own team. Lol, it was pretty damn strange and completely out of nowhere.

I'm kinda just sharing this as an excuse to bump the thread.

iLLmAtlc

So I was playing the other day and had something kind of bizarre happen. I played a match with some dude (notice: WITH, we were on the same team), and we both did good and won the match when out of no where I start getting a crazy amount of hate mail from this guy. I didn't team kill him or anything like that, and I thought he was just confusing me for someone on the other team, but no. He knew we were on the same team, and sent message after message calling me a pussy and demanding a 1v1 against me. I tried asking him several times why he was so pissed, and the best answer I got was that I was a "pussy bitch with no skill". I've had people I played against send me these dumbass messages, but never someone on my own team. Lol, it was pretty damn strange and completely out of nowhere.

I'm kinda just sharing this as an excuse to bump the thread.

Pissed that you were "stealing" his kills? There are clowns like that, might have gotten one myself.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Guy sounds like an asshole or troll.

I had a similar experience like that, but for me it was because apparently I was stealing his kills when at the end of the match, he only had 2 assists and I had around 6. lol some people.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's so stupid when you face off against a party of try hards and all they do is blindfire the fucking para. Jesus fucking christ.

Hypereides

Gold Member
The matchmaking is so strange. Still can't hook up with Jett to play regardless of who of us is the party leader....

Anyway, got the taunt trophy and stealth master trophy yesterday.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Well, I had to delete my game data because my PS3 wouldn't load Uncharted 3 at all. When it DID load, it would freeze in the customization screen, the music would cut off or the matches wouldn't load since it would be a black screen. Re-downloaded all the patches and it miraculously worked again. The thing is, since I deleted the game data along with all the DLC, I'm not even considering reinstalling the DLC maps. That pool is just way too laggy and I honestly don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I'll eventually re-download them, but I am in no hurry to do so.

Fun games tonight, Mono. Been a while since we've back 2 back'd Plunder, and man it was great! Our last match was frustratingly awesome. 2 vs. a party of 4 good players. We took 'em DOWN!

So since Memorial Day Weekend is in a month or so, any idea if we'll be treated to a rare treasure weekend? Hope it will apply to all modes again.

I haven't dedicated much time to the MP lately. The semester must come to a close soon. :/

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yesterday I had the "pleasure" of running into a few forumers from the Naughty Dog forum in a Team Objective match and guess what happened? One of them had a lag switcher on and was doing the Dragon Sniper headshot trick for the whole match. What makes this even funnier is that they STILL lost the match 3-0 and the guy who did had the lag switch barely went positive. No wonder they hardly post in the forums. Dumb cheaters. I reported them.

Top Bottom