• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yoshichan said:
Uncharted 1 LOWER YOUR VOLUME BEFORE OPENING THE LINK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlJvlWsyHbU

Uncharted 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvV0FAJ7wlg

And in that picture you can see that snow is moving (in the distance).

See, what's not obvious is how much the sand is animated. Still a crappy title screen compared to UC2.

I need to get this goddamn game in my hands so I can stop judging it based on stupid shit like the title screen and whether or not it has single player unlockables!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
jett said:
Eh I dunno, it could've just been a scripted moment and that goon always dies from a chokehold, I have no idea. I never paid any attention to it during the game. :p
Possibly. I thought they have maybe added some kind of option for it, that maybe triggers with longer button press or from ducking, or something. Basically to let you not kill the guy if you chose not to.

Hey, can you comment on antialiasing? I had some issues with how it was done in MP beta, but now that I've played through UC1 and UC2 a bit, I see aliasing there as well in probably same amounts, so maybe I just remembered them to be less aliased than they are.

Oh, and bummer about motion blur. It was too slight in UC2 for most people to care one way or the other so they axed it, is my guess. You said it yourself you didn't even notice that it was missing until someone pointed out and you started looking.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Lord Error said:
Possibly. I thought they have maybe added some kind of option for it, that maybe triggers with longer button press or from ducking, or something. Basically to let you not kill the guy if you chose not to.

Hey, can you comment on antialiasing? I had some issues with how it was done in MP beta, but now that I've played through UC1 and UC2 a bit, I see aliasing there as well in probably same amounts, so maybe I just remembered them to be less aliased than they are.
sometimes its as good as or better than 4x MSAA and sometimes its worse than 2x MSAA

Pranay

Uncharted seems to be the most controversal. game in the last month.'

From Season pass to reviews and now the AV clubb review

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Pranay_ said:
Uncharted seems to be the most controversal. game in the last month.'

From Season pass to reviews and now the AV clubb review

Any PR is Good PR, even bad

Uncharted is Mainstream now, was hipster in the beginning, but DAT Controversy made it go from SOHO to Madison Avenue Yo'

Before I get the who the fuck are you?

"I'm the Fat Fuck (literally), who gave a Fuck!"

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Always-honest said:
Is it similar to Uncharted 2 though? Or more jaggy..?
its similar to uncharted 2,worst thing about their new AA is that there are couple of instances that game tries to show a huge city in background like Nepal and
shambala
in uncharted 2 and new AA does not work at all in those scenes

baekshi

Banned
hey arne, what is up with the stuff missing in online mp?

how is it that lan has more stuff than the online mp?

what about the subway stuff?

and lastly, any info on decals from the june beta?

i platinum'd is also :)

Schlomo

Finished it on Hard. Great game, but U2 was better. Aiming feels worse for some reason. I prefer U2 graphics as well, for the simple reason that I miss the great looking motion blur and could do without U3's artifact-ridden ambient occlusion.

baekshi

Banned
Schlomo said:
Finished it on Hard. Great game, but U2 was better. Aiming feels worse for some reason. I prefer U2 graphics as well, for the simple reason that I miss the great looking motion blur and could do without U3's artifact-ridden ambient occlusion.
try a easier mode

and wah

Pranay

Schlomo said:

Hard doesnt have auto aim or less auto aim

CozMick

Banned
Holy christ, what kind of launch is this.

Multiplayer access to everyone a month before release, dlc being shown before release, people platinuming it before release.

Kind of a joke really :\

Hyuga

Banned
1z6d2km.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Schlomo said:

What the hell? graphically UC3 totally blows UC2 away.

daxter01 said:
its similar to uncharted 2,worst thing about their new AA is that there are couple of instances that game tries to show a huge city in background like Nepal and
shambala
in uncharted 2 and new AA does not work at all in those scenes
Okay thanx. Wow, i'd be so happy if some smart person finds a cheap ideal way to make jaggies gone forever.

Guys, don't get so worked up about people saying they liked U2 more than U3. There are even crazy people who prefer Drake's Fortune over both! With two games this incredible, any preference just comes down to taste.

arne said:
how was the subway promotion rushed out? the game was complete by the time we had to submit the subway MP to post on PSN.
You got me on the rushed part.

Guess I feel like the dedicated team tried squeezing way too much in and made too many tweaks to the gameplay when the summer beta was near perfect.

darkwing

CozMick said:
Holy christ, what kind of launch is this.

Multiplayer access to everyone a month before release, dlc being shown before release, people platinuming it before release.

Kind of a joke really :\
yeah I'm jealous too

Spwn

Aww yea, my copy should arrive tomorrow - a day before official release in Finland. Really looking forward to playing this - I'm sure I won't be disappointed despite some negative reviews.

Toki767

Is there any difference between easy and normal in co-op? They both give the same amount of money for killing enemies. Not really sure why people wouldn't pick easy in that case.

jett said:
Irish: I do get a little mad when some people endlessly lay the blame somewhere else when they get killed. :p

Hey arne, is signing in a second account coming in a day-1 patch?

Inanna said:
I'd like to know this as well!

As do i. The new split screen feature is a great addition, but i'm playing the MP with my nephew and the inability to log in with different accounts to track our individual progress and use our custom loadouts puts a big damper on our enjoyment. We both figured this feature would return in the retail version of the game, but from what i have read so far that doesn't seem to be true, which would be very disappointing.

I would greatly appreciate it if we could get a clarification regarding this, Arne.

RDreamer

Lord Error said:
I wonder if in people's minds the prezvious games are better than they really are. Playing them again can change this. I can tell you now after playing UC2 a bit after playing some UC1, there's just no way in hell than UC1 is better in any way imaginable. In my mind I had them on a closer playing field than they really are.

I played Uc1 and 2 very close together, and I think they're pretty close in my eyes. Yeah Uc2 goes for the bigger set pieces and wow moments, but Uc1 is probably the better shooter in my eyes. I felt like, especially on crushing, you had to be a lot more strategic in Uc1, and I loved that. The shooting arenas almost became puzzles. Also, the more subdued story in Uc1 is a bit more believable. Overall I like Uc2 probably a bit better, but 1 is right up there.

rager

Banned
gamely just shipped my copy, after I sent a nasty email to them because at first it said very low even though I have had it sitting in my Q since forever.

MrCow

i'm sorry i don't want to read through 29 pages:

can someone tell me if the MP mode is already playable in europe?

if i enter my network pass code i get an error that i may have entered a wrong code or that my code is not useable anymore....

rager said:
gamely just shipped my copy, after I sent a nasty email to them because at first it said very low even though I have had it sitting in my Q since forever.

One of the main reasons I cancelled that shit. Even if you put your shit in the quere MONTHS in advance, you gotta cross your fingers and hope you still get it. Then you only get one game a week, if that, with that slow ass shipping, and the weekends don't count.

I think I have the last remaining Blockbuster in my town, though. Its always a ghost town there, but they have new video game releases. I'll be there tomorrow to shake the cobwebs off the door.

protonion

MrCow said:
i'm sorry i don't want to read through 29 pages:

can someone tell me if the MP mode is already playable in europe?

if i enter my network pass code i get an error that i may have entered a wrong code or that my code is not useable anymore....

Same here.

jett

D-Member
Lord Error said:

Oh, and bummer about motion blur. It was too slight in UC2 for most people to care one way or the other so they axed it, is my guess. You said it yourself you didn't even notice that it was missing until someone pointed out and you started looking.

Yeah no they haven't really expanded on stealth at all, sadly.

The image quality is worse than previous games because it's so uneven. Sometimes it looks clean, sometimes it looks very jaggy. I'd personally would take back the 2XMSAA of UC1 and UC2.

Top Bottom