• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

darkwing

LowEndTorque said:
I also feel like the MP is playing great now. Not perfect, but great.

Blindfire has been gimped to satisfactory levels. You will get killed by it from time to time and you will use it from time to time, but it's no longer a really viable strategy for people to just do nothing but run and blindfire. Well, unless they are on small crappy maps like desert village. So really the problem seems to be more with the map design of certain levels than the mechanic itself.

I find that the multiplayer really works best in big, open maps with lots of draw distance. IMO Airstrip (sans the plane sequence) is the best designed map in the entire game. Just throwing this out there in case new map-packs are in the works... we want more big maps with lots of draw distance like Airstrip and no more maps with too many small clusterfuck areas.
exactly, it depends on the map, you need to adapt

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Platinum'd!

oFkrS.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's funny how almost 50% of Wario64s posts has to be something trophy-related :p Not hating on you though, I like it!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Oh the trophies reminded me of the best one from Uncharted 2 that makes a return here, I smiled when I got it in UC3

Marco Solo

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I am so excited for this on Tuesday. Going in almost totally fresh, I've only seen a couple trailers. I would have been more active in this thread if I wasn't on such a strict blackout. The first two are some of my favorite games ever. My excitement for this is very different than for other games. I just want to be able to soak it all in. I haven't felt this type of excitement for a game since Metroid Prime.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Loudninja said:
See thats the thing several people already said it was better than UC2.

Some people though UC1 was better than UC2.
I wonder if in people's minds the prezvious games are better than they really are. Playing them again can change this. I can tell you now after playing UC2 a bit after playing some UC1, there's just no way in hell than UC1 is better in any way imaginable. In my mind I had them on a closer playing field than they really are.

jett said:
I think it's better. Definitely not worse.
Good to hear, I hope 3D videos are quality encoded as well.

RoboPlato said:
I am so excited for this on Tuesday. Going in almost totally fresh, I've only seen a couple trailers. I would have been more active in this thread if I wasn't on such a strict blackout. The first two are some of my favorite games ever. My excitement for this is very different than for other games. I just want to be able to soak it all in. I haven't felt this type of excitement for a game since Metroid Prime.
Same here. Although I was this excited for Uncharted 2, and I was lucky enough to go to the AMC event near Chicago and get the game a week early. This time I wasn't so lucky, and the wait has been painful.

darkwing

ProfessorMoran said:
People complained about the EXISTENCE of the sprint, sprint is a piece of shit, it shouldn't have been there in the first place.
I'm not complaining, it makes the game more fast paced

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
jett said:
Ah yes this happened to me a few times. There's a new melee move where you grab enemies with the circle button. You can't grab the bigger guys, so you roll around instead, which is dumb. Took me a few fights to figure it out.
Is the new grab move with circle button what makes you put enemies into a chokehold if you approach them from behind?

I asked about this before but none answered: In the very first gameplay footage they showed that at one point you could put the enemy into a chokehold and make him faint, while at some other moment he did a usual neck snap. Is that how you can chose whether to do one or the other?

jett

D-Member
Lord Error said:
Is the new grab move with circle button what makes you put enemies into a chokehold if you approach them from behind?

I asked about this before but none answered: In the very first gameplay footage they showed that at one point you could put the enemy into a chokehold and make him faint, while at some other moment he did a usual neck snap. Is that how you can chose whether to do one or the other?

No, that's your average stealth attack, you can't choose which comes out. What I'm talking about is different. You grab the opponent from the front and push him away from you.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Man, I don't care if it's all smoke and mirrors, if it's not "as dangerous as it looks," or if the player provides very little input... Chapter
is probably the most amazing thing I've ever experienced in a video game campaign. Absolutely shaming what other companies are doing with their lack of imagination, their sterile, static stage designs...

It's the only truly jaw-drop moment I've experienced in U3 so far, and one of the few action/story beats that hands-down trumps U2 100%. The other being the opening, which is actually crazy fun & memorable.

Although I will say ND is going to have to get more and more ridiculous in order to keep topping themselves. We're getting close to hide-from-nuke-in-fridge territory at this point.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Holy crap at BoobPhysics101's impressions - I really hope I'll agree with him as much as I agree with stuff he says in the cars thread :p

jett said:
No, that's your average stealth attack, you can't choose which comes out. What I'm talking about is different. You grab the opponent from the front and push him away from you.
I see kinda strange that you can't chose considering that chokehold last a lot longer. Did you try and see if one can be forced if you're ducking behind the goon, and the other happens when you're standing behind maybe?

jett said:
Can't say that I noticed what he's talking about exactly but the aiming does feel different in SP than in MP.
Pretty sure it felt different in UC2 as well when it comes to SP vs. MP. Everything felt kinda faster in MP to me.

jett

D-Member
Lord Error said:
Holy crap at BoobPhysics101's impressions - I really hope I'll agree with him as much as I agree with stuff he says in the cars thread :p

I see kinda strange that you can't chose considering that chokehold last a lot longer. Did you try and see if one can be forced if you're ducking behind the goon, and the other happens when you're standing behind maybe?

Pretty sure it felt different in UC2 as well when it comes to SP vs. MP. Everything felt kinda faster in MP to me.

Eh I dunno, it could've just been a scripted moment and that goon always dies from a chokehold, I have no idea. I never paid any attention to it during the game. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hey_it's_that_dog said:
So is that actual title screen in the background? Is it animated or is it as boring as it looks?
It's obviously animated.

Top Bottom