• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Auron_Kale said:
I have to admit, the 3D in U3 is really nice when I saw it - both on the big screen and on the regular 3D TVs at the AMC event. Co-op actually makes me happy, solely because I have friends that are terrible at the actual MP (myself included) but we'd love to just play together so at least we have that option now.

I'm the same way. I played all the co-op levels in Uncharted 2 so many times. I'm glad co-op is back in uncharted 3.

RyanardoDaVinci said:
Plenty of people.

1. They are already on the disc.
2. The models were made 2 years ago (they probably remade them though, as they look shittier).
3. Some of them we already bought in U2 and we have to buy again.
4. They are all OLD. Not one is new.
5. They even left some out lololol.

Are you deaf/blind or something? :p

This is more my problem than anything, and I was kind of worried about it, which is why I didn't buy the Season Pass.

If the first 3 are just rehashes of the U2 skins (PS3 heroes, etc), then It'll be a while before I buy anything extra.

cajunator

Banned
My favorite parts of U2 were definitely from entering the
mountain village until entering Shambala
. The beginning was ok, I did enjoy the puzzles in the temples and the mirror thing reminded me heavily of Zelda OOT/WW mirror puzzles. Once it became about fighting those
Nepal monster people
it just got tedious and I didn't like it as much. The final boss sucked.
I did enjoy parts of U2 immensely though, which is why I'm certainly looking forward to this one.
All that has been spoiled in U3 for me is
burning chateau
horseback riding in the desert
, and
cargo plane escape
I know next to nothing else about the game.

Septimus

Has the tech of the 3D mode been talked about? As in, what resolution it runs at and such? The first multiplayer beta looked a bit blurry and jaggy in 3D.

Riding the convoy was one of the best experiences of the last game for me, jumping from car to car, then getting on the gun and blowing up the cars behind me, that was a real visual spectacle, I never wanted it to end.

I really disliked the way it ended though, that was just comical
the way Nate and Elena survived falling off the cliff.

neojubei said:
I'm the same way. I played all the co-op levels in Uncharted 2 so many times. I'm glad co-op is back in uncharted 3.

Yep, my one friend that I love to co-op with still hasn't played U2 but my other friends and I are pushing him towards also picking up U3, along with U2 for some co-op fun.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Boombloxer said:
This is more my problem than anything, and I was kind of worried about it, which is why I didn't buy the Season Pass.

If the first 3 are just rehashes of the U2 skins (PS3 heroes, etc), then It'll be a while before I buy anything extra.
It also looks like they're gonna include paper doll items in the skin packs. They have DLC head pieces for the custom hero/villain in the menu, a ISA Helmet for heroes and a Helghast Helmet for villains.

EatChildren said:
I fucking hated the train :lol. Well, maybe not that aggressively, but it's the one big set piece of Uncharted 2 that I cannot share even a slither of the same amount of love that so many Uncharted fans feel. It was like the worst if corridor shooting dragging on for far too long. I think I expressed these grievances in my LTTP.

Napal rooftop chase with the heli, collapsing building, and final battle is easily my favourite. I enjoyed the truck fight too.

Finally got to play some Uncharted 2 this weekend so add me with those fans about the Train sequence as it was awesome. lol .

Also liked the other two as well and can't say about the final battle yet since i'm still going :)
just reached Tibet and hanging with Tenzin

I think midnight launches are determined almost exclusively by the number of pre-orders a store has received. I remember calling 4 gamestops in New Orleans about Bayonetta, 2 didn't know what I was talking about, one didn't have a midnight release, and one did.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Square Triangle said:
Of course they aren't doing a midnight launch for this game. =(

Guess that's what happens when a company chooses to promote things like Call of Duty over actual good games, amiright?

Nobody asked yet, but here's the multiplayer pre-order bonus codes from GAME that I got. First to use em gets em.

Thank you for preordering Uncharted 3 on the PS3 from GAME.co.uk.

Your unique code for your 'Callout Mod for AK-47' is: NHAJ-2MNP-JEPA

Your unique code for your 'Clip Size Mod For Para-9' is: 3F5B-8BNF-FTQM

To access your in-game weapon modifications follow these instructions:

1. Sign into your PlayStation Network account
2. Visit PlayStation Store via your PlayStation 3
3. Select the Redeem Codes icon, found in the top right hand corner of the Store.
4. Enter your 12 character promotion code and select Continue.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to redeem the code.

Thanks again for preordering from GAME.co.uk

I'm never going to play this online so dig in :)

ZeroRay

Infinite Justice said:
Finally got to play some Uncharted 2 this weekend so add me with those fans about the Train sequence as it was awesome. lol .

Also liked the other two as well and can't say about the final battle yet since i'm still going :)
just reached Tibet and hanging with Tenzin

The train sequence was great, as long as you take out the boss dude. I believe they varied up the scenarios and gave you multiple ways to approach situations even in a glorified moving corridor.

The boss at the end killed most of my enthusiasm of that sequence though (on crushing mostly), holy shit what were ND thinking.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
ZeroRay said:
The train sequence was great, as long as you take out the boss dude. I believe they varied up the scenarios and gave you multiple ways to approach situations even in a glorified moving corridor.

The boss at the end killed most of my enthusiasm of that sequence though (on crushing mostly), holy shit what were ND thinking.
oh, he's not that difficult. just spam him with grenades and shotgun blasts to the head. afterwards, just m4 him in the face until he executes his quicktime event.

Pranay

Kagari said:
Guess that's what happens when a company chooses to promote things like Call of Duty over actual good games, amiright?

I guess they c uncharted series not as popular as other series

hxcmuziq

Banned
Just finished the campaign and I'm kinda sad. I think the ending came too quick, and the end chapters were waaaay too short.

In my opinion the 1st one was still the best.

rhino4evr

I find it funny that people find things to " hate" in Uncharted 2. I mean to me, that game had very few flaws and the flaws it did have we're minor. I totally understand being critical, but there comes a point where you are really just nitpicking. I guess I just don't take that word lightly.

ZeroRay said:

Yea it was interesting but always remember to watch out for those rail lights :)

Maybe its because i was fighting him on Normal but the final boss wasn't all that
(since i just peppered him with bullets until he got close and then initiated the fist to cuffs)
. I was honestly more worried about that
amoured trooper guy (until i realized what to do).

rhino4evr

The people that complain about a boss being cheap or unfair in a difficulty mode called "Crushing" are particularly hilarious. That optional trophy isn't worth hating the game over.

Edeuinu

I was sad Amazon didn't have a credit, and my friend bailed on the Target B2G1 same (he was going to get U3 and Forza 4). I haven't spent $60 on a game in like 2 years....I know I'll love this game, but I gotta stand strong. =/

Kagari said:

eh? COD games are actual good games :D. 7 more hours until I pick up my copy.

jett

D-Member
rhino4evr said:
The people that complain about a boss being cheap or unfair in a difficulty mode called "Crushing" are particularly hilarious. That optional trophy isn't worth hating the game over.

The human bosses in Uncharted 2 are just poorly designed. I had a horrible, almost game-ruining time on normal difficulty with Lazarevich. OTOH defeating the tank and the helicopter, which kind of could be considered boss battles are fantastic.

I really hope we don't have any human boss fights in UC3. The first game had a frustrating QTE(and not a very good one!) for a final encounter, and the second one was ring around the rousy of a giant tree made of super strength juice or whatever.

ZeroRay

Infinite Justice said:
Yea it was interesting but always remember to watch out for those rail lights :)

Maybe its because i was fighting him on Normal but the final boss wasn't all that
(since i just peppered him with bullets until he got close and then initiated the fist to cuffs)
. I was honestly more worried about that
amoured trooper guy (until i realized what to do).

The timing to dodge his attacks on crushing is extremely precise and a punch from him basically means you have to start over again. Very frustrating!

And the human bosses in U3 were simply not well designed.

Flamelurker and False King in Demon's Souls were "crushing" but not unfairly designed.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
jett said:
The human bosses in Uncharted 2 are just poorly designed. I had a horrible, almost game-ruining time on normal difficulty with Lazarevich. OTOH defeating the tank and the helicopter, which kind of could be considered boss battles are fantastic.
in contrast I always had a hard time with the helicopter and tank boss fights instead of lazarevich and his underling on the train. I feel like the helicopter level and the tank battle are more poorly designed than those boss fights. to each his own really.

burgerdog

Septimus said:
Has the tech of the 3D mode been talked about? As in, what resolution it runs at and such? The first multiplayer beta looked a bit blurry and jaggy in 3D.

The resolution in the beta was so awful that it made playing in 3D not worth it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
JumpingTheGun said:
I guess after tomorrow, the ultimate question is going to be:

Which developer makes better looking female asses? Rocksteady or Naughty Dog?
actually, lets see if we can get some comparison shots going right now.

Well I was just able to scrounge up enough money to get this at midnight. I can't just sit around waiting for Subway to send out the copies. When it comes I'll just trade it in toward something else or... something. Anyway whoo

JumpingTheGun said:
I guess after tomorrow, the ultimate question is going to be:

Which developer makes better looking female asses? Rocksteady or Naughty Dog?

Considering ND lipo'd Chloe's ass out of existence, gotta give it to Rocksteady.

Provider

AdHItX_CIAAyI8W.jpg

Got my copy! :D (Artifact Box comes empty... no love for LatinAmerica ¬¬ )

The guy i get my games from just call me and tell me he get UC3 fuck yes .
I will be joining you guys tonight , will play thru Sp first then time for some co op afterwards.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wish that dynamic theme was better. I want explosion and set pieces. I don't care if a XMB dynamic theme kills my PS3.

ZeroRay said:
The timing to dodge his attacks on crushing is extremely precise and a punch from him basically means you have to start over again. Very frustrating!

That makes sense then.

Not sure if i will do a crushing run (didn't even bother doing it in UC1 either)

Top Bottom