• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
RyanardoDaVinci said:
I swear...

I need to go over to ND headquarters and slap their shit! :p
can I come with you?I m mad really mad
Pancho said:
Where has it happened? Chapter 3 as well?

Im sure is not, the music cuts off abruptly and continues after a few seconds, sort of like when a disc is scratched or whatever, but my disc has no marks whatsoever.
no mine started chapter 10 but it ended after 10 min

DoctorWho said:
It's really not on par with the other games. I played all day before popping on GAF and wasn't too surprised to see others share my feelings. It's a 7-8 game. Uncharted 3's saving grace is in it's story and dialogue but the gameplay and set pieces leave a lot to be desired.

No drama. Just my opinion.

I can understand feeling that way before you get to Chapter 11. From there on the game is just beyond anything else I have played all year.

snap0212

Even though I love this game, I have to agree that the shootouts weren’t that much fun for me either. I always got the feeling that there was a fixed order in which enemies had to be killed in order to survive but maybe I’m the only one feeling that way. I was really surprised how good everything looked – especially the eyes, which I didn’t like in Uncharted 2.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The skins are on PSN right now. 49 cents to unlock each skin that's locked on the disc, lol. All old skins too

SamBishop

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
I can understand feeling that way before you get to Chapter 11. From there on the game is just beyond anything else I have played all year.

Man, this is going to be an incredibly divisive game. You felt that way after the halfway point? When the shooting really became a problem?

The Chef said:
Geez GAF, not liking this game!? You guys got problems. This shit is unreal.

Perhaps get to the end of the game before asking why people might not like it? Things definitely go downhill past where you are -- not in terms of spectacle, but certainly in gameplay.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The Lamp said:
Is the Amazon pre-order stuff supposed to come inside the game or get emailed to me?
Emailed.

RDreamer

I wanna punch whoever at ND thought it was a good idea to give enemies like 10 hand grenades and have them throw the things literally one every second of a firefight.

Loudninja

SamBishop said:
Man, this is going to be an incredibly divisive game. You felt that way after the halfway point? When the shooting really became a problem?

Perhaps get to the end of the game before asking why people might not like it? Things definitely go downhill past where you are -- not in terms of spectacle, but certainly in gameplay.
Nope I not having nay problems with the gameplay so far and I doubt I will.

The Chef

SamBishop said:

Unless the game turns into a snowboarding mini-game like Final Fantasy VII I really dont see how my impressions thus far are going to change that dramatically.

But meh, to each his own I guess.

SamBishop said:

Oh man I completely disagree with you there. I thought the game got past its growing pains by then and I was really enjoying the combat a lot more.

RDreamer said:
I wanna punch whoever at ND thought it was a good idea to give enemies like 10 hand grenades and have them throw the things literally one every second of a firefight.
Like someone else said, they really want you to use that throwback mechanic alright!

jett

D-Member
Wario64 said:
The skins are on PSN right now. 49 cents to unlock each skin that's locked on the disc, lol. All old skins too

That's 12 bucks on old skins, holy crap. That fortune pack thing looking good now LOL

RDreamer said:

literally

lol.

People need to stop being such pussies. Enemies in in UC2 and UC1 would smoke you out all the time as well, at least here you can easily throw back their presents.

dralla

why do all the weapons sounds like crap? i thought my subwoofer was fucked up or something, I quit the game and played some music on the XMB and it's fine. The guns have no oomph to them at all, it's all treble and they feel incredibly weak compared to UC2

Rengoku

SamBishop said:

Interesting, while it certainly got harder later on in the game, but I felt more capable too, the game pushed me to become more mobile, to use blindfire more often and learn to use that grenade throwback mechanic more. It didn't feel unfair either since the appropriate weapons were lying around when I needed them.

Loudninja

dralla said:
why do all the weapons sounds like crap? i thought my subwoofer was fucked up or something, I quit the game and played some music on the XMB and it's fine. The guns have no oomph to them at all, it's all treble and they feel incredibly weak compared to UC2
Huh the guns sounds better to me compare to UC2.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Rengoku said:
Interesting, while it certainly got harder later on in the game, but I felt more capable too, the game pushed me to become more mobile, to use blindfire more often and learn to use that grenade throwback mechanic more. It didn't feel unfair either since the appropriate weapons were lying around when I needed them.
Exactly the game pushes you to utilize drakes agility instead of being static behind cove constantly. The arenas are designed to compliment that as well.

I think it might be time I leave this thread until I am 100% done. I don't want to go in expecting shity gun sounds and aiming issues.

see you on the other side gaf.

Bigfoot

cajunator said:
It's not horrible, just not as polished as before. They changed some shit for the sake of changing it and it hasn't worked out that well. It is still a great game and far above average.

Having not played the game yet, but from reading impressions, it sounds like although the single player game is very very good, it could have used a few months of Valve-style playtesting and polish to make it truly amazing. The lack of polish is likely due to the tight schedule forced by Sony and increased focus of multiplayer by ND.

RDreamer

Holy christ the
boat cemetery fight thing is so, so unfair!
I can't even stand without getting hit by every angle with 2 grenades, a grenade launcher thing, and a gatling gun thing. wtf

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
jett said:
People need to stop being such pussies. Enemies in in UC2 and UC1 would smoke you out all the time as well, at least here you can easily throw back their presents.
Yeah there were parts in UC2 where you felt like a fish in a barrel on the higher difficulties. Not seeing anything too cheap so far, but I default to normal on my first play through.

Thankfully nothing got lost in the transition from Subway MP to retail.

Rengoku

RDreamer said:
Holy christ the
I can't even stand without getting hit by every angle with 2 grenades, a grenade launcher thing, and a gatling gun thing. wtf

Stay in the water as much as you can, and resurface once in awhile to take them out

Toki767

RDreamer said:
Holy christ the
Stealth kill as many guys as you can.

jett

D-Member
RDreamer said:
Holy christ the

At least attempt to stealthkill a few enemies before going all Rambo

Got this and played, up to chapter 8. Yep, the game is a huge letdown, not bad, just not up to par with U2. No desire to keep playing, I'd much rather keep playing DS or I2:FoB.

So far it feels very mediocre, too much emphasis on a boring history. Melee is shit, stealth is shit and the only saving grace, gunplay has been downplayed (and I'm playing on hard). It's a extremely pretty and boring game.

So far, there has been 0 balls to the walls moments. It's a game FFS, I want to kill 1000's of crooks and be part of ridiculous situations. The
chateau
was incredibly boring, join the dots gameplay. It's extremely scripted, something I hate with a passion.

No matter what awaits me in the next 2/3 of the game, I can't fucking believe I'm 1/3 in and things haven't picked up yet. By this point in U2 I was already jumping between rooftops while escaping an helicopter.

alr1ghtstart said:
what the fuck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztxhs255MmE&feature=youtu.be&t=5m9s

Why did they do this to pistols as well? Autoaim causes more problems than good. Praying for an autoaim toggle.

Everything else is wonderful.

<3

But yeah, the poor aiming is preset on all the weapons. It's just most prevalent with the snipers. I went back to UC2 multiple times over the past few months during UC3 to compare directly. No question UC2 had far superior aiming.

Why change something like this? I just don't understand. I never saw people complaining about it before, I know I certainly didn't. Imagine the uproar if MW3 had totally different aiming than past CoD's.

RDreamer

jett said:
At least attempt to stealthkill a few enemies before going all Rambo

Did that. Got far one time before being spotted completely randomly (I seriously have no idea) and then pretty much one shotted before I could do anything). Then did it again and got spotted in a better spot, but I got locked down somewhere and couldn't move. I keep running out of ammo, and these guys take like everything to take down. This is kind of crazy. Now it restarted me after being discovered for some reason....

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm up to chapter 7 or 8, can't remember, but I'm right at the chateau. I'm loving everything except the gunfights so far, especially liked chapter 2 and 3.

But they definitely did something with the aiming and/or movement of enemies that is making the gunfights a lot less fun. They seem to move around a lot, and are also damn near retarded so they frequently run right at you to engage in fisticuffs. It's really annoying. :\

revolverjgw said:
It kind of makes me sad that so many people will just run through the game very quickly. I find myself stopping constantly to just study the settings. Paintings and artifacts and statues and old junk in the background... I have to look at everything.

Totally agreed. My playtime so far was at like the 8hr mark just by making sure I didn't miss anything when looking at the backgrounds (and dying but that's beside the point). Everyone posting their short playtimes almost make me feel like they're not exploring every detail or are simply better at some of the platforming aspects than me.
KuGsj.gif

Hell, just replaying Chapter 2 to get that one trophy - I felt hella satisfied when I got it as well as found tons of treasures that I totally overlooked despite being on the lookout for them the entire time.

lucius

dralla said:

Guns sound a little better to me maybe check your ps3 settings or I don't know.

The Chef

Anytime this game shows a cityscape I find myself just staring for several minutes before continuing on. I cant believe how gorgeous this game is. The lighting in Chapter 8 is freakin bind boggling.

Cruzader

Banned
Ok just got the game! Gentlemen, it's time to DiE!!

Wish me luck! Damn it, first play through normal or hard? I want to play hard since I know I can take it but I sure dont deal with cheap deaths or super human AI.

Anteater

RDreamer said:
Did that. Got far one time before being spotted completely randomly (I seriously have no idea) and then pretty much one shotted before I could do anything). Then did it again and got spotted in a better spot, but I got locked down somewhere and couldn't move. I keep running out of ammo, and these guys take like everything to take down. This is kind of crazy. Now it restarted me after being discovered for some reason....

Yea I'm guilty of only killing like 2 dudes before finding myself a grenade launcher
and shot at everyone from the center boat
:lol

It took so long

burgerdog

Everybody is probably posting this - holy shit, the graphics are insane about an hour into the game. Just wow, ND is incredible.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
burgerdog said:
Everybody is probably posting this - holy shit, the graphics are insane about an hour into the game. Just wow, ND is incredible.

How far are you? As in what area?

Top Bottom