• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Are there places in game where there chance for lots of dying when playing on normal. Something like that cistern room from UC1 or that room in the temple near the end of UC2 where everyone fights everyone?

Keep in mind I've been able to finish both games on crushing, but only with many retries on certain parts.

Basically I'm thinking if I should play this on Easy, so that wife doesn't get bored if I keep repeatedly dying during some firefights (she's going to watch me play, and help with puzzles and treasures)

Game is much more mobile, can see it being odd for some folks unlike most cover shooters that you can plant yourself in a spot and just kill everyone in an area. You have to constantly be moving and changing cover here, mixing it up. Actually find it lots of fun and in a ways more challenging and exciting.

ViewtifulJC said:
From Blockbuster, they did the same for me.

yoooooooink

Happens alot with new games if you end up with the first copies

neoism

"Come'on I loosened it up for you"

EREhI.gif

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
upJTboogie said:
from where.
Rogers Video in Canada.

As I got there, there was a debate as to whether or not to leave the pass in there for the first renter, since later renters wouldn't get it .. But it doesn't really hurt anyone, and might encourage early rentals.

Autofokus

Lord Error said:
Are there places in game where there chance for lots of dying when playing on normal. Something like that cistern room from UC1 or that room in the temple near the end of UC2 where everyone fights everyone?

Keep in mind I've been able to finish both games on crushing, but only with many retries on certain parts.

Basically I'm thinking if I should play this on Easy, so that wife doesn't get bored if I keep repeatedly dying during some firefights (she's going to watch me play, and help with puzzles and treasures)

I played trough U1 & U2 both on crushing and I would say yes, there are a few scenes like you mentioned - on normal (I always play normal first). If your wife is easily bored, play it on very easy, enjoy the setpieces & story together and get your gaming fix on hard/crushing when playing alone.

RDreamer

Lord Error said:

There's one area that I've encountered so far that seems to me to be something like that. I don't know if I'd go so far as to play it on easy. I mean if you can beat the others on crushing you should be fine going through on normal. And you can always turn down the difficulty if you do run into something bad.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Beat the last chapter in adventure co-op on hard with randoms. Fun! You get treasure loot for killing certain enemies too!

Totally want to go through the co-op on Crushing sometime

Also, having Chloe opening up boxes in co-op is so dirty. Someone needs to make a mp3 of it

Lord Error said:

Yes, chapter 14 comes to mind and part of 15.

Lord Error said:

I'm in the last chapter, and I died more than in U1 and U2 combined. There are some places that I was linking deaths after 15 seconds. I'm not very good on shooters, but definetively, this game is more difficult.

WebScud

Lord Error said:

In this game, most of those large firefights can be resolved with stealth if you take the time. The only one without a stealth option I can think of is in Chapter 19. If you pay attention to a level specific mechanic, it's not really a problem though.

Played through until Chapter 6 today.

Controls feel a bit wonky, more so than Uncharted 2. Had a bit of difficulty getting Drake to go where I want him to go, resulting in a few annoying deaths
(*especially* during the flashback sequence... but maybe it was intentional given the circumstances?)
. Is anyone else experiencing the same frustrations in the later portions of the game? Right now I'm thinking I'm having difficulty just because I'm trying to get back into the groove...

Otherwise, the graphics and animation are absolutely stunning. It really is the perfect game in terms of production values. Can't wait to get back to it tomorrow after work.

Autofokus

WebScud said:
Has anyone earned the Reload Master trophy? I've manually reloaded every three or four shots while earning Survivor and nothing popped.

Has anyone found a good spot for Throwback Master?
I got it, but not on purpose - so can't help you on the details about this. Dunno about Throwback Master.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I got throwback master just playing normally in the campaign. It's a very useful tactic when you get it down.

Reload master trophy was the very last trophy for my Platinum. I'm not sure if my game was bugged but I started a brand new game to do it. It seemed like it was glitched for me but it could be possible I might have accidentally let it reload for me. RPGs might screw it up too.

The Lamp

I had friends over to play this game with me.

I put the disc in my PS3 for the first time and they immediately went into the multiplayer menu and started playing multiplayer for 30 minutes ;_; they loved it though and it looked cool.

So I said we should do the single-player, it's where the game really shines.

We started and...

"graphics are okay but the faces aren't realistic"
"what do you mean X lets you jump? I'm trying to.....oh wait...you mean A."
"it's like it's trying to be assassin's creed"
"I don't know if I'm supposed to die here or not....because it's like a cutscene."
"I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

They left in less than an hour and had to "go do stuff" even though they had the evening planned out to hang out with me. They kept talking over the cutscenes, too.

I give up with trying to introduce people to good video games.

Raonak

Banned
Gah! my Uncharted 2 doesn't load! Just gets stuck on the spinning dagger with black screen.
RAGE!!! need to finish it again before U3 (comes out tommorow in NZ)

Lifejumper said:
Guys, is it wrong that I bought Uncharted 3 only for the single player? I am not even going to touch multiplayer.

I probably won't.

Up to the point (pretty early still I think) where
she found out the ring was a fake.
. God I love this series.

Yamibito

Finished on normal, favourite game in the series I think. Naughty Dog have really outdone themselves,
the cruise ship is seriously the most impressive and enjoyable thing I've ever played

Will playing coop with a buddy ruin anything from the main story mode? I wouldn't mind starting that with a friend a little later, but I'll wait till I finish single player if the story ties in at all.

jett

D-Member
Lord Error said:

There will be maybe two places that will give you trouble, the rest of the game is fine on normal. You can always change the difficulty in the middle of a game.

reminder

Lifejumper said:
Guys, is it wrong that I bought Uncharted 3 only for the single player? I am not even going to touch multiplayer.

Uncharted started as a great singleplayer experience and it still is! Never played the MP in UC2 and i also won't play it in UC3. It's just a bonus content in my eyes.

Twix

Lord Error said:

I finished the game on Hard and there were about 3 places where I died more than 5 times (
ship graveyard
and
the windy desert area
and
Ubar
). Strangely the game difficultly seemed really toned down compared to UC2, I don't know but Hard does not feel like hard at all.

LightOfTruth said:
I'm in the same boat, but you guys should try out the co-op too. Its A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

I did. And let me tell you what happened. Got to round 10, survival... all of a sudden I can't pick up anything. I find an RPG on the ground, the triangle prompt appears... Elena does nothing. One of my guys gets injured, I run to him and start pressing triangle to revive him. Nothing. Then the same thing happens to my other mate.

I run around confused for a moment, and then everything goes into this bizarre slow-motion. The heartbeat sound from being close to death is sounding loudly, and the next thing I know, enemies are approaching me. Slowly. Like, ten dudes if not more. They're just looking at me. Not attacking. Thump, thump. Forevermore. It was like being surrounded by some freakish cult. Now I can't move at all. Just stuck there, with bad guys staring at me, standing in almost a perfect circle around me.

The other two guys then left the game, so I break out of my trance and leave the game as well. It shows the spinning ring loading icon, and then it completely freezes up. Had to restart the console.

The worst part about all that? I'm not lying.

Samus4145

Anyone know if I purchase the fortune hunter pack on one account I can use the dlc on another. I keep one account with money, but I play with the other

brandonh83 said:
I did. And let me tell you what happened. Got to round 10, survival... all of a sudden I can't pick up anything. I find an RPG on the ground, the triangle prompt appears... Elena does nothing. One of my guys gets injured, I run to him and start pressing triangle to revive him. Nothing. Then the same thing happens to my other mate.

I run around confused for a moment, and then everything goes into this bizarre slow-motion. The heartbeat sound from being close to death is sounding loudly, and the next thing I know, enemies are approaching me. Slowly. Like, ten dudes if not more. They're just looking at me. Not attacking. Thump, thump. Forevermore. It was like being surrounded by some freakish cult. Now I can't move at all. Just stuck there, with bad guys staring at me, standing in almost a perfect circle around me.

The other two guys then left the game, so I break out of my trance and leave the game as well. It shows the spinning ring loading icon, and then it completely freezes up. Had to restart the console.

The worst part about all that? I'm not lying.

This is....weird. Did the problem resolve itself or did you have to restart?

Cudder

Lifejumper said:
I plan on doing the same thing. U2 did nothing for me and the beta for U3 was the same. BF3 will do me nicely for my multiplayer fix in conjunction with this game.

Kagari said:
Fucking spiders. Everywhere.
It was at that moment I was reminded of The Mummy.

Oh and I don't know if it's just me, but for some reason I was cracking up during the part in chapter 2 when
Kid Drake was yelling in Spanish, particularly when he swore at the guard for throwing him out of the museum.

Just started. Been playing for 30 minutes.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!

I can tell this is just going to be incredible. Chloe's face is massively improved. Wow!

Tiktaalik

At Chapter 5 (or 6?). Enjoying it so far. Enemy AI seems a bit err frantic I think, with them scrambling around a bit much and running out of cover. Some of the HDR seems a bit much maybe?

Not really reading anything being said in here...

But just gotta say, I'm weak. Because all I think about when playing is that guy giving it a C grade. Why can't I get it out of my head! I shouldnt care...

Like something insane happens and I go, "yea - that was "AVERAGE"." HE HAS DESTROYED MY MIND

Top Bottom