• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

The Chef

Sully takes a few shots at a guy and I slide underneath him with a kick to the groin. Haha so great. I honestly see no difference in combat in this vs U2. Lovin every damn minute of this.

Im definitively am doing melee attacks way more than I used to. Its really the most effective tool when its just you and a few guys.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Amazon code didn't add much that I didn't already unlock besides carpet bomb. Already have Elena's GMAL and the Para9 clip size. Does co-op stop being spoiler fodder at a certain point or does it cover events and locations all the way through the game?

RDreamer

Anteater said:
Yea I'm guilty of only killing like 2 dudes before finding myself a grenade launcher
and shot at everyone from the center boat
:lol

It took so long

Maybe I'm missing something obvious as hell, but where do I go after this? I've wandered around for a good while and can't for the life of me find where I'm supposed to be going. It's kind of weird how much this game babies you at times and then how stumped I am other times.

Edit: Nevermind found it. Still weird that I'll be figuring out a puzzle and they'll instantly say something and it's like "Um... I kind of wanted to figure that out myself..." or "yeah I knew that..." but this time nothing is said at all.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
burgerdog said:
Jungle in France
. It doesn't get better than this, does it?

Oh it does. And that area really blew me away. I couldn't believe it @_@

Cruzader said:
Hey Kagari, should I start normal or hard? That is the question!

I started on Normal.

gdt

And done! All in one day, didn't even turn the PS3 off. 7:45.

Certainly in the same arena as UC2, and I'm tempted to say its better (dat setpieces) but I'm still high from dat finish. Goddamn! Going right back in tomorrow I think. Gonna play some co op and MP tonight.

Best story in the series, but a few times they don't really explain why I'm doing what I'm doing until a good ways in (happened twice).

The Chef

gdt5016 said:
And done! All in one day, didn't even turn the PS3 off. 7:45.

Certainly in the same arena as UC2, and I'm tempted to say its better (dat setpieces) but I'm still high from dat finish. Goddamn! Going right back in tomorrow I think. Gonna play some co op and MP tonight.

Best story in the series, but a few times they don't really explain why I'm doing what I'm doing until a good ways in (happened twice).

Crushing! :p

neoism

damn chapter 4 and lol at all yous bad impressions lol chapter 4 and I need a break lol. This game is ridiculously awesome. :O I wish NG had the control of a Uncharted movie the only way it would be good. : O :O this game

Just finish love the last set of chapters.
I have to say UC3 is now my favorite in the series .
Unlike some people here i had no problem aiming so that was no problem for me.
Of course i understand when people say the have no freedom ND made some really great looking places and you wish you could explore them .

Still awesome game and to me everything was better in UC3.

Shai-Tan

Banned
glad to hear some think the story/dialogue is the best in the series. that was one of the main things I didn't like about 2. my copy is still in the mail :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
BruceLeeRoy said:
A lot of the criticisms are right on but that is way to low for a lot of us playing it. The game is only low for me compared to UC2. Its still the best game I have played this year. Though I haven't played Darks Souls yet.
play Dark Souls

I canceled my Amazon pre-order over a month ago (renting it through GameFly instead) but they still sent me a code for "Carpet Bomb Kickback, Clip Size Mod for Para 9, and Clip Size Mod for G-MAL." I'm not sure if the code will work since I'm not buying it anymore but I'm willing to give it away. First PM gets it.

Edit: It has been claimed.

spats

EloquentM said:
ND ARE WIZARDS @____@

areyouawizard.jpg

I have to try and pick this game up on thursday, or possibly even tomorrow if time permits Living far away from everything sucks sometimes. Reading this thread is killing me.

Got up to Chapter 8.

I can definitely feel the difference in aiming compared to UC2. The aim slows down near an enemy and has cause a few deaths because I expected the crosshair to stop later. Occurs more frequently when you are trying to headshot and playing on hard, there's not much margin for error.

Other changes I noticed.
- A.I. can be really dumb and walk into the middle of a firefight without taking any cover
- Enemies don't react to bullets as much. Maybe this is where the bullet-soaking comments come from. UC 1/2 enemies reacted to gunshot wounds. UC3, not as much.
- Nathan Drake wanting to touch everything while moving is annoying.

I haven't gotten to the meat of the game, but I still think it's been fun. I prefer UC2 shooting so far, let's see if the shooting gets better. Puzzles are better in UC3 for sure.

linzin

Neo Member
Up to Chapter 8.

Somebody probably said this already, but I just wanted a place to say something: You'd think if ND ripped off Batman's melee (badly), they'd have realized releasing it right after Batman was a bad idea...

JohngPR

Loving the game so far.

Mild gameplay spoilers from chapters 1-4:
I didn't fire a single shot during the first hour or so of play, it was all exploration and adventure.

Early story spoilers from chapters 1-4:
I liked how it flashed back to Nate when he was a kid and it showed how him and Sully met. That's something I always wondered about so it's good to see it in the game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
JohngPR said:
Loving the game so far.

Early story spoilers from chapters 1-4:
I liked how it flashed back to Nate when he was a kid and it showed how him and Sully met. That's something I always wondered about so it's good to see it in the game.

Pleasant surprise for me. I'm really enjoying the story so far, probably more so than UC2.

Bollocks

marathonfool said:
Got up to Chapter 8.

I can definitely feel the difference in aiming compared to UC2. The aim slows down near an enemy and has cause a few deaths because I expected the crosshair to stop later. Occurs more frequently when you are trying to headshot and playing on hard, there's not much margin for error.

Other changes I noticed.
- A.I. can be really dumb and walk into the middle of a firefight without taking any cover
- Enemies don't react to bullets as much. Maybe this is where the bullet-soaking comments come from. UC 1/2 enemies reacted to gunshot wounds. UC3, not as much.
- Nathan Drake wanting to touch everything while moving is annoying.

I haven't gotten to the meat of the game, but I still think it's been fun. I prefer UC2 shooting so far, let's see if the shooting gets better. Puzzles are better in UC3 for sure.
All this touching I feel like I've left the pub in GTA IV. I mean it's a cool feature cause it happens dynamically but most of the time it feels just off.

Also shot a guy from 5ft away with the sawed off shotgun, he crumbled but apart from touching his stomach he was fine, come on!

D6AMIA6N

Is it just me or does Elena look different? I like the way she looked! Eyes maybe? More makeup around the eyes? I don't know but something is definitely different.

JudgeN

Hmm so I open my journal on chapter 2 and everything all muddy like the textures aren't loading correctly, is it suppose to look like that?

Seems they were loading.

Background music seems to cut in and out, how odd.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I haven't seen anything as contrived as "Museum Gear Solid" from UC2. The equivalent section is a lot quicker and has more to do with the story. Only weird thing so far is that during the Crash Bandicootish chase sections it seems like the camera is opposite of where it should be, whereas in UC2 it was always correct.

The closest thing for me this year in games is Deus Ex and I still cannot get past a progress killing bug so maybe this wins with an asterisk so far. Still need to play several other games before the end of the year. Could be a hard comparison since games like Dark Souls and Batman aren't attempting the "full package" in terms of single/multi/co-op.

Too bad you don't end up in the London parking garage from Human Centipede 2.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
He touches the walls and stuff so much it starts to get excessive, if you turn right when he does it the animation looks really weird. When it works out naturally it looks awesome, but they didn't need to have it happen constantly.

jett

D-Member
D6AMIA6N said:
Is it just me or does Elena look different? I like the way she looked! Eyes maybe? More makeup around the eyes? I don't know but something is definitely different.

not just you, she looks weird.

Rez said:
play Dark Souls

Its still in its nice shiny packaging. I'm waiting for the first dreary day of winter to start that bad boy up.

jett said:
not just you, she looks weird.

I thought she looked weird when she is first introduced but then funny enough that she looked way better later on.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bollocks said:
All this touching I feel like I've left the pub in GTA IV. I mean it's a cool feature cause it happens dynamically but most of the time it feels just off.

Also shot a guy from 5ft away with the sawed off shotgun, he crumbled but apart from touching his stomach he was fine, come on!
This reminds me of a conversation from Idle Thumbs where they talk about the imaginary board-room meeting with the Assassin's Creed 1 team, where they discuss the crowd-touch feature that implements mind-blowing maths that took months of testing only for the team to realise their game is never densely packed enough to show it off, so the protagonist goes out of his way to touch EVERYTHING.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
D6AMIA6N said:

Elena has been getting more conventionally attractive starting with her original concept art for Uncharted 1 and culminating in her 3rd in-game iteration.

I can only pray that there is a metal-bar handjob in Uncharted 3. Which I will begin playing soon. Woot.

Kambing

Been playing for the past 2 hours and currently at Chateau. I think the graphics have definitely improved, especially the character models themselves. Chapter 2 was also a delight. It certainly has met my expectations. Really enjoying it thus far.

My biggest gripe is the aiming... seriously wtf? I play the MP regularly and consider my self a competent player but man, it feels really off. I can confirm, though not through statistical data, that aiming in UC2 and UC3 are vastly different, so i am not experiencing any placebo. Its like in UC2, the cross-hair would go where you wanted it to, but in UC3 its like go here but it actually does not go there... and the input lag seems noticeable enough =(. Luckily there have not been many fights thus far but i can see this really souring my experience.

Ah well, maybe i will adjust to it in a bit... I just don't understand why the aiming in SP is vastly different to MP in terms of cross-hair movement.

EDIT: Hmm... the AK/shotgun aims a lot better than the pistol lol

Replicant

D6AMIA6N said:

They're trying to make her look more like her VA, Emily Rose. That's why she looks different now.

BruceLeeRoy said:
I can understand feeling that way before you get to Chapter 11. From there on the game is just beyond anything else I have played all year.

Yea, I said so in one of my earlier post but the games get exponentially better after chapter 11, and the firefights before boarding the ship are hard but so enjoyable, so much freedom on how to play those. Game is so good. and chapter 15? Holy shit nobody is going to top that for a while... nobody.

madmaxx350 said:
Yea, I said so in one of my earlier post but the games get exponentially better after chapter 11, and the firefights before boarding the ship are hard but so enjoyable, so much freedom on how to play those. Game is so good. and chapter 15? Holy shit nobody is going to top that for a while... nobody.

Nobody except ND. I mean no one has even tried to touch UC2.

Guevara

Two hallucination questions (END GAME SPOILERS):

Was I supposed to shoot Sully in the flashback? I did not and the story progressed, but I wonder what happens if you do.

What was the female voiceover? I didn't catch most of it, I was too busy freaking the hell out. I'm a little bummed the Jinns weren't real.

The Lamp

first hour, I love this game, I love this game, I love this game, I love this game aSfsaldkja;lkj

I did notice what people were talking about with the "hand-holding" within the first half hour, though. There's a section where I'm specifically forbidden to go to accessible places just because the game doesn't want me to go there, whereas Uncharted 2 gave me a bit more freedom in movement at least.

Guevara said:
Two
hallucination
questions (END GAME SPOILERS):

What was the female voiceover? I didn't catch most of it, I was too busy freaking the hell out. I'm a little bummed the Jinns weren't real.

If you're talking about the part in the desert,
that was the Marlowe actress reading a quote from T.S. Eliot's The Wasteland.

WebScud

Has anyone earned the Reload Master trophy? I've manually reloaded every three or four shots while earning Survivor and nothing popped.

Has anyone found a good spot for Throwback Master?

Edit: Got them.

Top Bottom