• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

bob page

What's the deal with all the jaggies? Granted, I've only been playing for about 45 mins so far, but still kinda disappointed.

Finished. Amazing, but I'm undecided about if I prefer this or U2. I think that I got too much spoilered in this one, so i already sow most of wow moments.

The Chef

Ninja Expert trophy! Man that was fun.
I was so hoping I was going to get all the treasures first time through but I'm realizing there is just no way I haven't missed a dozen so far.

I'm a little bit into chapter 8. It's easily the best in the series so far. I thought the gunplay felt a little stiff at first but I think that's just because you spend far less time killing every living soul.

Creamium said:
One thing I don't like is how weird the aiming seems to be in this game. I tried messing with the sensitivity, but so far it seems I can't aim for shit here. Don't know if anyone else has issues with this. I'm surprised since the other games, especially U2, had aiming smooth as butter. Here? Oh boy.

arne said:
this. and we looked into that thread on our forums talking about how aiming went in a square, and checked against Uncharted 2 - it was the same.

I, too, am having serious issues with the aiming. The reticule seems to move smoothly when moving purely along the x or y axis, but it does not move nicely diagonally. It's bad enough that I can't play it like this. I'll have to wait and hope they patch it.

I am playing on hard, but I played Uncharted 2 on both hard and crushing, and I never had this issue with that game.

Need some help.

I'm in
Syria
in the
tower
. I can't figure out where to go now. I just
got blown out of the tower by a grenade, climbed back, and killed some guys on the third floor.
Now I can't figure out where to go. I've looked on
all three floors
, but I can't find a way out.

I started out having the aiming problems like many other people here. At first, I'd turned the sensitivity to max and the cursor still seemed to move too slowly. Fast-forward to chapter 7 or so and I have to return it to default. Was the game designed in such a way as to make the gun-play difficult early? Because you were wearing a bulky suit maybe? *shrug*

I KNOW I wasn't imagining it at first. Tell me I'm not crazy.

jett

D-Member
gdt5016 said:
Why did they remove those cutscenes before and after each round in MP? I loved those.

The only map that had that was Chateau...I suppose they removed it because it was the only one. :p

hayejin

Played first two three chapters.

I love the attention to details in the cut scenes.

Like when Sully puts the key into his wallet, the key actually goes into the leather slot and you actually see the leather fold as the key is put inside. Or when Nate is eating the plate, he actually picks up pieces of food and you see it disappear into his mouth.

laika09

Lionel Mandrake said:
Need some help.

I'm in
Syria
in the
tower
. I can't figure out where to go now. I just
got blown out of the tower by a grenade, climbed back, and killed some guys on the third floor.
Now I can't figure out where to go. I've looked on
all three floors
, but I can't find a way out.

There's a door on the top floor; you'll get a triangle button prompt.

Played up to chapter 8 and something is definitely off with the aiming and enemy reactions (or lack thereof) to being shot. The former just feels off. I know where I'm trying to aim, and it generally goes where I want it to, but the pinpoint shots feel "off." It's hard to exlain unless you get your hands on it. As for enemy reactions, I think stuff like Red Dead and Gears 3 have spoiler me. RDR has some of the best physical reactions to bullets ever, and Gears 3 is really meaty. Uncharted 3 has neither quality, and enemies will often "eat" a few body shots without so much as flinching.

Aside from that though, it's been an Uncharted ass Uncharted game which is a good thing so far.

FHIZ

God, the game is kinda heavy handed at sending bad vibes towards
Sully
I hope it's just a bait and switch, because I'm honestly really really tense playing this game, cus I'm just expecting something bad to happen.

WebScud

Lionel Mandrake said:
Thanks, I've been stuck in there for about half an hour.

Game's amazing so far.
The Chateau
, my God... So beautiful.

At the AMC event, they showed burning portion in 3D. You could see the wallpaper curl in 3D... beautiful is an understatement.

WebScud

Toki767 said:
Up to Chapter 20 on Crushing. So far the hardest time I've had was Chapter 14.

Really? I think figuring out
Chapter 12
was the hardest. I couldn't get through the whole thing using stealth, but finally got past it after 20 or so tries. Then on third playthrough (on Normal) I nailed it first try. -_-

Mazre

Picked up the game as part of a target B2G1 on my way home this evening. Ate dinner and dived in. Just finished Chapter 7 ( =OOOOOO ) and decided that now was a good time to stop if I wanted to get any sleep tonight.

Details and environments have absolutely floored me. Only issue so far was a hard freeze right as Chapter 7 started, think it might have been an autosave issue as when I reloaded I was at the exact point where I froze. Work is going to suck tomorrow. =(

WebScud said:
Really? I think figuring out
Chapter 12
was the hardest. I couldn't get through the whole thing using stealth, but finally got past it after 20 or so tries. Then on third playthrough (on Normal) I nailed it first try. -_-
Yep, same one for me too. And what makes it worse is that if you don't get to a certain point and trigger a checkpoint, you start ALL THE WAY AT THE BEGINNING. Was probably the most frustrating part of the crushing run.

I've gotten used to the aiming (with sensitivity turned all the way up), but it still doesn't feel great. Enemy bullet impact reactions are pretty poor (or nonexistent), as is any feedback whatsoever that bullets are registering. I don't remember it feeling this hollow in Among Thieves, but it has been over a year for me.

That said, my jaw is sore from all the dropping it's been doing the past few hours. It's a stunner through and through.

The writing, from a story development perspective, has vastly improved. UC and UC2 were scattershot by comparison.

Excited to experience the second half.

Ricky_R

Bout to play mine bitches!!!!!

img20111101213418.jpg

First hour down and already i feel vindicated in not letting silly reviews form a prejudice within me. While there are technically superior games I don't think I've yet to see one as detailed as this. So much polish. And the lighting, my gawd. Im in love.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I must say I'm not enjoying how little shooting this game has, compared to the first two. However, since the aiming sucks, maybe that's a good thing.

alr1ghtstart said:
I must say I'm not enjoying how little shooting this game has, compared to the first two. However, since the aiming sucks, maybe that's a good thing.

Oh i thought I was the only one who felt this way, but don't worry it picks up later on.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
alr1ghtstart said:

I actually was enjoying the lack of shooting because I really don't like the aiming at all. I have no idea why they messed with it, because I loved the UC2 combat.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
iamshadowlark said:
First hour down and already i feel vindicated in not letting silly reviews form a prejudice within me. While there are technically superior games I don't think I've yet to see one as detailed as this. So much polish. And the lighting, my gawd. Im in love.

what chapter are you at?

gdt

alr1ghtstart said:

The first third has very little shooting, then it gets ramped up. So do the environments my gawwwwwwwwwwd. So many combat choices.

Top Bottom