• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

EloquentM said:
shouldn't he be 35 or turning if he was
fifteen when he and sully met
?
He was 14. During some dialogue between Drake and Sully, Drake said that after a year with Sully, he was already in jail and said "I was 15 Sully!"

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I don't mind the comparative lack of shooting early on. Uncharted has always been a mix of gun play, traversal, and puzzles. Accentuating the other stuff early on is fine with me. I could just use a few less God of War style needless camera angle changes when moving around some places. Everything looks good enough with the typical third person camera, it doesn't really add much.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
WOW the hand to hand combat improved incredibly. In previous games it was not good at all IMO. I wasn't expecting that. And the 3D is some of the best 3D I've experienced in any game or movie. So glad I've stayed on media black-out on this game since E3 (except for one gameplay video set in desert).

madmaxx350 said:
for all the people who have completed the game , is it me or the game looks better in later chapters(19-X)?

If that's true, I can't imagine how that's going to look. The opening 30 minutes has been gorgeous.

Couldn't help constantly saying "holy shit" while trekking through
the forest as I arrived in France.
(not seen part of early footage shown) I mean... UC1 and 2 need to bow.

gdt

Late game spoilers, but you would know if you watched all the trailers and stuff

The Plane Crash sequence literally had me with a big, dumb, open grin on my face. Just ecstatic. Like this.

article-0-0DC562A500000578-712_634x466.jpg

Phenomic

99 Dollars later and borrowing a console. I made it to Chapter
!

Loving it so far, but I wish I didn't have to repair a 2nd console.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
madmaxx350 said:
is it the one where you have to move the lion , the eagle or w/e around the board?:

No, you have to shine a light on the wall to complete the picture.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Juancho9 said:
What's with the aiming? Why can't I turn off that horrible sticky aim assist?

Seriously. Every game needs an autoaim toggle, especially when it's as fucking bad as Uncharted 3's.

Get a patch out ASAP, ND.

Really enjoying the emotional content of this story more than Uncharted 2. Nate and Sully's bromance is something I'm totally on board for.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wario64 said:
make a shadow that stabs it...from the right side of the room
Also use L1 to look into the scope, it should make it easier to find the correct spot.

Kagari said:
No, you have to shine a light on the wall to complete the picture.

what wario said,
try on the right side of the room, light the wall so it makes the guy stab the other guy in the heart

Anteater

Well continued playing for a bit, couldn't keep my hands away from the damn game, at chapter 17!

What's wrong with your face Elena :(

I don't know, the encounters in chapter 14 and on have been so good, can't see how people are asking for less gunfight. Chapter 19 is my second favorite after being blown away by chapter 15.

ProtoCents said:
10 chapters in. I was blown away by
the Chateaux in Eastern France. Especially the forest leading up to it.

You haven't seen shite yet lol

Man co op is so much fun , it also hard on certain stages.
As said any one that want to play can add me .
Also if still got gaf chat room add me also .

What is more shocking is that Sully is 60.

A funny thing is that in Uncharted 1, you had to help Sully in nearly any spot. Going in the hard way to give him a stair or something. Here, Sully seems as athletic as Drake, going through the same places.

Mr.Swag

Banned
So I was trying to replay U2 before playing U3, but I only got to ch 21 in U2 like today. I just bought U3 and dont know if I should just jump into U3, or should I beat U2 again. Time is very much an issue for me, it took me a week to get to ch21 of U2

Firstworldproblem I know , but I need someones help.

AEREC

Gonna be taking my time with this game since my wife loves to watch Uncharted (this and Resident Evil 4 are the only games she likes watching me play) and she cant do long gaming marathons like me =p

Anyways in regards to feeling cinematic, this game is years beyond anything currently out right now.

alr1ght

I looked at the MP. I've already played every map except one, with 4 U2 rehashes (bad ones at that). hmm.

DangerousDave said:
What is more shocking is that Sully is 60.

A funny thing is that in Uncharted 1, you had to help Sully in nearly any spot. Going in the hard way to give him a stair or something. Here, Sully seems as athletic as Drake, going through the same places.

Uncharted: Fountain of Youth PSP Vita 2013.

Mr.Swag said:
So I was trying to replay U2 before playing U3, but I only got to ch 21 in U2 like today. I just bought U3 and dont know if I should just jump into U3, or should I beat U2 again. Time is very much an issue for me, it took me a week to get to ch21 of U2

Firstworldproblem I know , but I need someones help.
You've played it before? Then just watch the last few cutscenes instead.

AEREC

YES! My god, that was just so awesome.

I like Uncharted 2's aiming a lot better than this so far.

So it is differerent? I thought I just had a hard time adjusting because I havent played a shooter on the dual shock controller in a while.

AEREC said:
Anyways in regards to feeling cinematic, this game is years beyond anything currently out right now.
Absolutely. It just blows everything out of the water.

AEREC said:
So it is differerent? I thought I just had a hard time adjusting because I havent played a shooter on the dual shock controller in a while.
It definitely is different.

alr1ght

AEREC said:

It just feels floaty, like there's a bigger deadzone and the cursor slows down when you hover over enemies. Makes it really difficult to use the pistols to line up headshots.
D4LRT.jpg

vArVL.jpg

Ricky_R

COMPLETELY loved what they did with the first 3 chapters. These guys sure know my soft spot as a gamer.

The level of detail really is second to none. I'm already very engaged in the story. So great.

Hopefully we can get a patch to make the aiming more like U2's.

CrunchyFrog said:
So anyone esle not able to redeem their starhawk beta code? or do we have to wait til the beta comes out first?
It's coming in 2012. You have to wait.

Ricky_R said:
COMPLETELY loved what they did with the first 3 chapters. These guys sure know my soft spot as a gamer.

The level of detail really is second to none. I'm already very engaged in the story. So great.
This game puts a huge grin on my face. That doesn't happen often. I love it!

Hopefully we can get a patch to make the aiming more like U2's.

It's coming in 2012. You have to wait.
OK i figured, though it would been nice to just redeem the thing and then just have a message sent to you when the beta comes out. Whelp, I'm off to melt my eyeballs, so long GAF
xenorevlis said:
Just FYI guys, I have 3 more U3DD dynamic theme codes up for grabs.

First 3 to quote this post gets em.
do i count?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
CrunchyFrog said:
So anyone esle not able to redeem their starhawk beta code? or do we have to wait til the beta comes out first?

Gotta wait till the beta goes up next year

SixStringPsycho said:
I need help on this one

Horse and Eagle are easy, following the journal.

The other 2 ar in the right side. You have to see the symbol on the floor that appears depending of where you are. So, you got to the lion portal, for example, and look the black square having Drake in front, back, left and right of the square. It will give you 4 different symbols (the ones that are down-up-left-right of where the lion symbol has to be). Then, look in the grid searchin for that pattern. Repeat with the cow.

In reality, you only need to look front and back to find the unique pattern in the map. In the left of the area, you have it also for the eagle. Is not necessary (the position is in the journal), but is there to help to understand the puzzle.

Top Bottom