• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
EatChildren said:
When an old dying man leans forward and with his last breath says
"Drake, you have to believe!"
, you have produced cheese.
There's a line here and there, but there's a line here and there in Indy movies as well. It goes with the territory. There was a lot more memorable stuff in both games that was genuinely well written (and acted). On the other hand my mind seems to have suppressed all written and spoken words from RE4. I only remember that game visually. Quick play of PS3 re-release reminded me that it was probably for the best.

Lord Error said:
There's a line here and there, but there's a line here and there in Indy movies as well. It goes with the territory. There was a lot more memorable stuff in both games that was genuinely well written (and acted). On the other hand my mind seems to have suppressed all written and spoken words from RE4. I only remember that game visually. Quick play of PS3 re-release reminded me that it was probably for the best.
The Indy movies are also 100% cheesy. Cheesy doesn't mean *bad.* It's often pretty damn fun. There's nothing wrong with Uncharted being more like a well-done popcorn adventure flick than Shakespeare.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/uncharted_3/news/uncharted_3_has_thousands_of_hours_of_content.html

Naughty Dog confident on offering great value for money.

I do know that for the amount of stuff we're putting in here, it is certainly not a bad deal. There are literally thousands of hours of content in this game. It doesn't seem like a crazy price to me. But again, I have no idea what the proper margins are.
From a gamer perspective it's going to be very tricky. What I'm hoping is that people will see the inherent value in our game, and that there's something really different about our game," he said. "But you know, I'm excited to play all the other games too, and I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford them. But I totally understand it from a gamer's perspective.
What I'm hoping is that as time goes on... These things are still going to be on the shelf, it's not like we're taking it away. Maybe they don't buy it day one, but maybe they buy it in February? Maybe they buy it in March? We're not going away, and obviously people want to play things the day they come out, if they possibly can, but sometimes they can't.
If someone is saying 'What am I going to buy this month?' in November, I hope that our game is the one they pick out, because we're offering something that nothing else on the market is. But if they don't, I totally understand. There's a lot of really cool stuff.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
badcrumble said:
The Indy movies are also 100% cheesy. Cheesy doesn't mean *bad.* It's often pretty damn fun. There's nothing wrong with Uncharted being more like a well-done popcorn adventure flick than Shakespeare.
Pretty much that, yeah. The best works of this kind do have heartfelt moments however, which is something stuff like RE games is completely lacking.

zoukka

Lord Error said:
Pretty much that, yeah. The best works of this kind do have heartfelt moments however, which is something stuff like RE games is completely lacking.

Nah, I think some things like the dog and merchant from RE4 will outlive most videogame sidekicks. But RE games already trail behind in the aspect of the main characters, which are mostly left distant in the story exposition. And RE4 is the exception among Resident Evil games.

Grisby

UC2 gave me my money's worth. I'll probably put 10 or so hours into the MP and maybe more into the Co-op missions. On top of a solid 10 hr or so campaign I'm good to go.

Cyberia

Meisadragon said:
I'm predicting an 8 from EDGE, since they gave 9 to UC2. "It is too similar... blah blah blah"

Well they gave Gears 3 a 9 so just sayin'...

One of the editors tweeted that ''we will be quite pleased.''

Cyberia said:
Well they gave Gears 3 a 9 so just sayin'...

One of the editors tweeted that ''we will be quite pleased.''

i thought the review is out? there's a thread on skyrim score and the cover reads uncharted 3 review.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
zoukka said:
Nah, I think some things like the dog and merchant from RE4 will outlive most videogame sidekicks. But RE games already trail behind in the aspect of the main characters, which are mostly left distant in the story exposition. And RE4 is the exception among Resident Evil games.
I'd agree that in RE4 the most memorable characters are side characters, including enemies. In fact, I think quite possibly the most memorable 'character' in the game is Las Plagas. It has proven to even have some real life use as a joke material.

kuroshiki said:
Whois that in avatar?

showpost.php

Patapwn

Pranay_ said:
i feel the same :-|
"A pinnacle of action gaming, but feels WAAAY too much like Uncharted 2. How so? For one, Nathan Drake makes a return. And 2? Sully is also back. As you can see, the games are practially identical!!! 8/10"

MPW

Robinspain said:
Playmania december issue (a very well known spanish magazine) has, as an exclusive, the very first review of Uncharted 3: 9.9/10 (it is the highest rate the magazine has given to any game)

Just for comparison, they gave to Uncharted 2 a 9.5/10.

Be careful when you read Uncharted 3 review as it spoils all the end of the game!!!

Conclusion from the review: "La mejor aventura de la historia de los videojuegos aunque se parece en unas cosas a Uncharted 2" ("the best adventure in the videogame's history although in some parts it is similar to Uncharted 2")

not 10/10

cancel pre order everybody!

Loudninja

Pranay_ said:
i feel the same :-|

one thing is for sure, after reading his tweets, he is going to rape tin tin the game
You guys are starting to irritate me really.

Stop looking into people words so much.

nofi

Loudninja said:
You guys are starting to irritate me really.

Stop looking into people words so much.

Or worrying about scores.

Uncharted 3 is brilliant. That's all you need to worry about.

Keasar

The swedish game magazine Level just gave Uncharted 3 a 10/10 in score, even advertised it on the cover "Highest grade to Uncharted 3".

iceatcs

Keasar said:
The swedish game magazine Level just gave Uncharted 3 a 10/10 in score, even advertised it on the cover "Highest grade to Uncharted 3".
Dammit, one less weapon for me.

kidding! I'm not even that fanboy

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
eternaLightness said:
Yea, I mean 10/10 isn't that bad really.

10/10 is kinda mediocre IMO. 15/10 might be worth getting after a few pricedrops. 20/10 is full price, but not day 1. 25/10-30/10 is day one, provided I get some cool retailer exclusive bonus DLC for pre-ordering it.

Keasar

nib95 said:
Some background in to past scores of games inc Uncharted 2?
I sadly couldnt find any of my 2007 issues (must be buried somewhere among my other magazines). Anyway, yeah, as DaBuddaDa said, Level gave in their 42nd issue (with a really cool Star Wars inspired cover) Uncharted 2 a 10/10 with the final verdict "The perfect adventure.", final paragraph of the review saying:
I am filled with amazement of the work Naughty Dog have managed to achieve with a bare fifth of the budget Rockstar poured into GTA IV. I had skyhigh hopes, but would have never been able to believe such a small studio with a shy plattformer history was capable of this. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the best adventure game I have ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom