• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
SolidSnakex said:
It's been two years since we left Nathan Drake yammering on and on about clowns, but the wait for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is almost over. In fact, so is the wait for the IGN review. Monday -- October 24 -- we're going to post our Uncharted 3 review at 9 a.m. Pacific time (Noon Eastern, 5 p.m. UK, 3 a.m. Tuesday AU).

9.5 incoming.

thuway

Tricky I Shadow said:
9.5 incoming.

I feel a 9.0 to 9.5 coming as well. I have adjusted my hype accordingly. I'm still hyped as hell, and its my most looked forward to game this gen.

Dragon

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
Oh sweet, comparing RE 4 with Uncharted. What can Uncharted learn from RE 4? Should El Gigante be in Uncharted 4?

IGN: What Resident Evil 4 can learn from Uncharted 2.

The Lamp

As far as I'm concerned IGN doesn't exist.
They're going to say something stupid like "amazing game, too much like Uncharted 2, (insert lower score than Uncharted 1 or 2)"

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
raziel said:
last question, yes - except nowhere near as many enemies and nowhere near as frequently occurring as the set-pieces in RE4.

first bit - again, uncharted 2 is much more deliberately broken up between action,puzzles,platforming and story. combat/shooting dominates much more in RE4 over anything else than it does in uncharted 2.

unclear on the whole actually of what you mean by RE4 having more smaller skirmishes than UC2 because that.. just isnt true...at all.

the number of enemies per skirmish or set-piece in RE4 are ridiculously far greater than they are in UC2. i can think of countless consecutive skirmishes in RE4 where the area is flooded with far more enemies that what you will see on average in uncharted 2 - indeed, much of the game design of RE4 is to overwhelm the player with sheer numbers and from multiple directions. these types of encounters with comparable numbers of enemies are again far fewer and far between in uncharted 2, which yes, does make RE4 feel like a non-stop shooting gallery by comparison.

unless you mean the skirmishes in UC2 feel larger scale by virtue of the environment - sniping dudes from across two massive towers connected by a massive bridge - that is true.

RE4 has lots of rooms/areas with a small handful of enemies (and some with none) just like Uncharted. You kill them in like 10 seconds and continue looking around. Or they are spread out in a larger area, so you kill one of them every 10 seconds and then continue to explore the area. Battles in RE4 are not all Ganados coming from everywhere for long durations.

There is simply no standard by which RE4 feels like non-stop action.

On topic: So, how 'bout that Uncharted 3? That's probably gonna be a pretty good game.

Bad7667

The Lamp said:
They're going to say something stupid like "amazing game, too much like Uncharted 2, (insert lower score than Uncharted 1 or 2)"
What if they say nothing stupid and praise the hell out of it? Does IGN start existing?

pharmboy044 said:
I see a 9.0 coming from IGN. No way they would give out a 10.
What was the last 10 they gave out? Portal 2?
So?
MGS4 and GTA4 got both a 10 and they weren't that far from each other release date.

Anduron

The Lamp said:

Am I the only person this makes sense to? Why would a more refined version of something get a better score than something that consistently wowed you with its "novelty".

_tetsuo_ said:
There isn't a "set piece" in any Uncharted game as good as the very first one in Resident Evil 4.

michael-jordan-lol.gif

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I know. One of the best parts of one of the best games ever is completely laughable when compared to The Uncharted.

Patapwn

_tetsuo_ said:
I know. One of the best parts of one of the best games ever is completely laughable when compared to The Uncharted.
That's just how good The Uncharted is, others just can't compete. Ain't even their fault

_tetsuo_ said:

..., No I'm laughing at how you are passing your opinion as fact so yes your one-liner is definitely laughable and oh! I disagree with you but you don't see me come into a review thread and belittle an entire series because some1 compared U2 to the almighty RE4.

anyway, about those reviews , embargo lift is supposed to be on the 24th, right ?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
madmaxx350 said:
..., No I'm laughing at how you are passing your opinion as fact so yes your one-liner is definitely laughable and oh! I disagree with you but you don't see me come into a review thread and belittle an entire series because some1 compared U2 to the almighty RE4.

anyway, about those reviews , embargo lift is supposed to be on the 24th, right ?

yeah at 5:00 pm est I believe

squidyj

NeoUltima said:
What's the "first set piece" in RE4?

Running from a giant boulder?

I see what you did there.

Uncharted is for me the series of the generation and far and above many other games because of the seamless integration of all the elements, because there isn't really a part at this point that feels out of place and that they all work together to create a polished whole that is greater than the sum of it's collective parts. Uncharted 3 rises to the level of being an experience through this cohesive structure that it's created out of its shooting, platforming and puzzling (although I do admit, the puzzles to date have been lacklustre in their challenge, even while they add to the experience of what it is to be uncharted) segments.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
madmaxx350 said:

I have belittled The Uncharted in suggesting that another game could compare to its grandeur. I must make amends to The Uncharted now.

_tetsuo_ said:
I have belittled The Uncharted in suggesting that another game could compare to its grandeur. I must make amends to The Uncharted now.
Kusagari said:
In the future the Uncharted series will be the 'Bible' that people adhere to.

Good lord...

Whatever happened to the good old days when people simply ignored threads about games they don't care about?

Patapwn

Kusagari said:
In the future the Uncharted series will be the 'Bible' that people adhere to.
STOP RIGHT THERE, BUSTER!!! According to Pope _tetsuo_, Uncharted shall herby be hated on as The Uncharted

Just makin' sure we do this right!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
_tetsuo_ said:
I love The Uncharted, lol. I'm sure if one was so inclined they could find my post in the UC2 OT.

Fixed for maximum irrational outrage.

Edit: Beaten. :eek:

Kusagari

Patapwn said:
STOP RIGHT THERE, BUSTER!!! According to Pope _tetsuo_, Uncharted shall herby be hated on as The Uncharted

Just makin' sure we do this right!

The only real question is if Drake will be seen as God or Jesus.

ReverseFate said:
Good lord...

Whatever happened to the good old days when people simply ignored threads about games they don't care about?
There are people out there interested in games but don't treat them like the second coming of christ. Ya know, normal people that just want to go on a thread of interest without feeling embarrassed. People in between trolls and circle jerkers. They exist. You can't really tell though cause every thread gets high jacked by mega-fans that post 10 posts a page to hear themselves think and shove away anyone that may have an opinion that isn't like something that would come out of a marketer's brainstorm session.

Oh no, someone compared this game to another one and said it did something better. Get the torches. Wait, we're talking about a video game right? Not someone's baby. Cause I'd swear...

nib95

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
There are people out there interested in games but don't treat them like the second coming of christ. Ya know, normal people that just want to go on a thread of interest without feeling embarrassed. People in between trolls and circle jerkers. They exist. You can't really tell though cause every thread gets high jacked by mega-fans that post 10 posts a page to hear themselves think and shove away anyone that may have an opinion that isn't like something that would come out of a marketer's brainstorm session.

Oh no, someone compared this game to another one and said it did something better. Get the torches. Wait, we're talking about a video game right? Not someone's baby. Cause I'd swear...

Fans of a said game would post in a thread about that game?! God no, how can this be?!

Smh.

Patapwn

Mr. B Natural said:

Fans are fans, fucking blowing my mind here

But I'm a normal person. GAMEX IS BETTER THAN GAME Y!!! DAT VILLAGE > EVERY UNCHARTED MOMENT! I'M GON' GO AGAINST THE GRAIN AND EQUAL OUT THE JOY WITH MY HATE SHOVEL!!! I'M NORMAL!!!

Synless

I know this is a bad idea, but I'm gonna say it. Uncharted 1 & 2 are two of the greatest games I have played this gen, and possibly ever in my gaming life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom