• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel

hey_it's_that_dog said:
RE4 has lots of rooms/areas with a small handful of enemies (and some with none) just like Uncharted. You kill them in like 10 seconds and continue looking around. Or they are spread out in a larger area, so you kill one of them every 10 seconds and then continue to explore the area. Battles in RE4 are not all Ganados coming from everywhere for long durations.

There is simply no standard by which RE4 feels like non-stop action.
This last sentence, and your next sentence really, I disagree with, as that is what it felt like on the whole. Key phrase is bolded there, as I'm aware that there are rooms and even stretches in RE4 where there is no combat/shooting. However that doesn't change what I've said continually, in that 1) combat/shooting dominates in RE4 over anything else much more than it does in UC2 over anything else found in that game (puzzles,platforming,story). RE4 is much more a shooter, or an action game if your prefer, than it is an action adventure IMO, and there are many standards by which that is true - when compared to UC2 for instance. and 2) there is simply tons more mindless fodder to slog through in RE4 than UC2 - again, sheer numbers - making RE4 feel like much more of a boring, repetitive slog to me than UC2, which has been my main point in every post here.

Patapwn

chubigans said:
Jimmy Fallon gives Uncharted 3 thumbs up. Woo!
Lol Dora? As in, the explorer? The fuck is a grown ass man doing watching that (and worse yet, comparing it to Uncharted 3! D:)

Edge said:
"It's like Dora the explorer" 7/10
I ain't even mad with the score then!

Alex

Gvaz said:
No matter how good it may be, it's not better than Xenoblade. You heard me.
emot-colbert.gif

If I have to do more in Uncharted 3 than mash X and ignore every stipulation of every ability, it will be better than Xenoblade. I wanted to love that game but the game balance makes Valkyria look well honed. Do a handful of the worst sidequests ever put into a game and you're a god for the rest of the narrative. =/

As far as UC3 goes, I just want to hear about the co-op, it's fairly easy to know what you're going to get with single and obviously competitive now but I want to hear about the revamps to co-op

Yamibito

Alex said:
If I have to do more in Uncharted 3 than mash X and ignore every stipulation of every ability, it will be better than Xenoblade. I wanted to love that game but the game balance makes Valkyria look well honed. Do a handful of the worst sidequests ever put into a game and you're a god for the rest of the narrative. =/

As far as UC3 goes, I just want to hear about the co-op, it's fairly easy to know what you're going to get with single and obviously competitive now but I want to hear about the revamps to co-op
They've been incredibly quiet about the co-op so far, we know there's a secret mode of some sort but we don't know how many missions there are for the adventure mode, I hope there's more then there were last time.

Represent. said:
Hmm is that PST or EST?
Pretty sure it's 5PM GMT.

thuway

Yamibito said:
They've been incredibly quiet about the co-op so far, we know there's a secret mode of some sort but we don't know how many missions there are for the adventure mode, I hope there's more then there were last time.

Pretty sure it's 5PM GMT.
Ugh so thats Tuesday night over here :-/. Goddamn I hate this wait.

man, I know ND just finished Drake's Deception and all, but now they're just like rockstar having world tour promoting their new game and all. gt bonus round, ign podcast beyond, 1up Uncharted dev process interview, Gamespot also have q&a video session, now this mini documentary. launch trailer and tv spot.

Cyberia

Yamibito said:

According to Playmania Spain:

- Co-op has 5 levels, including one of Borneo Uncharted 2

Monarch

Banned
Cyberia said:
Latest episode of Beyond is very worth a listen. Really fascinating stuff.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210328p1.html

Start time:35:00.

Awesome stuff @unique set of animations and contextual animation per individual levels.
If I understand it right, before there were only tense (run faster in the middle of the fight) and relax run animation. Now there are 5 or so unique tense/relax animation just for the desert level *_*

hamchan

Corto said:
It's just conceptualization talk about the hero theme. For what I got from the video they consider Nathan more of an anti-hero too.
I can see that. He kills a lot of people mainly for treasure that I'm probably guessing he doesn't give to the museum.

KingK said:
Oh god, Satterfield is reviewing UC3 for GT? I feel a sub-9 score incoming. 8.8 or something. That guy is such a douche.

I'd lol so hard if MW3 wins GOTY there again, over Zelda, Uncharted, Batman, and Skyrim.
I remember when he explained his Uncharted 2 rating because the only negative point he made about the game in the review was its originality. Saying how 9.3 would be the highest game rating GT would give out without originality. Modern Warfare 2 came out a month later and got a 9.5. Of course Gears 3 came out this year with a 9.4.

Am I complaining about the score? No, I just think Satterfield comes off as a self-absorbed douche. It's not hard to find a some faults in UC2, he couldn't even think of one except originality?

Grisby

DerZuhälter said:
Does this have spoilerish footage? Didn't watch Launch Trailer or TV Spot 2.
Had one or two scenes sorta the beginning. Overall though its just people talking in front of a black screen.

Great video.

Wait... Could those be the actors and director of the uncharted movie? Sam Rockwell as Drake? Never imagined that but yeah, makes sense. Even looks like him a bit in that video. Kruger as Elena? Rodriguez as Chloe or Rika Raja? Digimon (lol) as bad guy or Drake's pal? Yep, I'd watch it.

Radec

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Wait... Could those be the actors and director of the uncharted movie? Sam Rockwell as Drake? Never imagined that but yeah, makes sense. Even looks like him a bit in that video. Kruger as Elena? Rodriguez as Chloe or Rika Raja? Digimon (lol) as bad guy or Drake's pal? Yep, I'd watch it.
first thing came to my mind too. great cast would be.

Interesting. That podcast indicated that Naughty Dog are now 150-170 full time staff, excluding contractors. Contract employees took that up to 250.

They've bulked up a lot.

Cyberia

Galvanise_ said:
Interesting. That podcast indicated that Naughty Dog are now 150-170 full time staff, excluding contractors. Contract employees took that up to 250.

They've bulked up a lot.

I found that pretty strange actually. Justin Richmond said recently that they have a core team of 90 people.

Uncharted 3 has been produced by a core team of 90 people - nearly a fifth of the number that Activision has put to work on Call of Duty.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-14-why-uncharted-3-wont-get-single-player-dlc

Cyberia

Just saw the latest Invisible Wars episode, at the end when Marcus said that Batman is going to be GOTY, Shane sprung up and said that he's played some games recently that have set the bar so high and will be incredibly hard to beat this year. He also said he can't talk about the game and considering the 2 games he's working on their reviews right now are BF3 and U3, I'll go on a limb and say he was referring to U3.
It sounds like he was very impressed with it, so that's good news....for now.

For what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom