• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Banned
You guys are seriously over doing the score joke lol.

Keasar said:
I sadly couldnt find any of my 2007 issues (must be buried somewhere among my other magazines). Anyway, yeah, as DaBuddaDa said, Level gave in their 42nd issue (with a really cool Star Wars inspired cover) Uncharted 2 a 10/10 with the final verdict "The perfect adventure.", final paragraph of the review saying:

Awesome. Their impressions pretty much reflect mine, so it's good to see it follow through to U3.

Majmun

The battle for best Metacritic score will be fought between Batman AC, Uncharted 3 and Zelda SS

I personally think Zedla SS will be the best reviewed games of this year. EDGE's 10 is already in the pocket...

Keasar said:
The swedish game magazine Level just gave Uncharted 3 a 10/10 in score, even advertised it on the cover "Highest grade to Uncharted 3".
That's it? 10/10 is just not good enough anymore. Where's my 11/10? :p
Second said:
The battle for best Metacritic score will be fought between Batman AC, Uncharted 3 and Zelda SS

I personally think Zedla SS will be the best reviewed games of this year. EDGE's 10 is already in the pocket...
Don't forget Skyrim. I'm pretty sure people are gonna be throwing 10's at it.

Gvaz

Banned
No matter how good it may be, it's not better than Xenoblade. You heard me.
emot-colbert.gif

EloquentM

aka Mannny
DerZuhälter said:
Quick question.

Are retail copies already being sent out anywhere else?

I got some Germans overhere claiming they already got the game today. And apparently not for review purposes.
Yeah I think some places in Europe are selling it early. There's a guy on YouTube who posted videos of him unboxing it and playing the 8th chapter.

Majmun

Gvaz said:
No matter how good it may be, it's not better than Xenoblade. You heard me.
emot-colbert.gif

Yes. It will be very hard to beat Xenoblade.
My GOTY so far.

Only Uncharted 3 and Zelda SS could dethrone Xenoblade IMO.

Second said:
Yes. It will be very hard to beat Xenoblade.
My GOTY so far.

Only Uncharted 3 and Zelda SS could dethrone Xenoblade IMO.

Xenoblade is not out in the US right? I plan on getting a Wii for SS and i'm very interested in Xenoblade and MH3.

Gvaz

Banned
Pranay_ said:
Ok.

What uncharted should learn from xenoblade
Well they're not comparable in terms of genres but Xenoblade kicked every other of the 20 other games I've played this year in the dick and didn't stop until they were dead.

madmaxx350 said:
Xenoblade is not out in the US right? I plan on getting a Wii for SS and i'm very interested in Xenoblade and MH3.
No because Nintendo of America are more content on pushing out games with waggle gimmicks than critically acclaimed rpg by an overwhelming majority of the people who've played it.

It's in europe so you'd have to import it and spend 10 minutes modding your wii (which won't brick it)

Majmun

madmaxx350 said:

Nope, no US version announced. Such a shame...

But you can always softmod your Wii and import Xenoblade.

edit- basically what Gvaz said :p

thuway

You know I think GAF obsessed about these review scores because they don't have the game yet. Once you have the game, honestly, everything just dips into the deep recesses of your mind.

However, my award for "Most Overlooked Game of the Year," goes to Resistance 3.

thuway said:
You know I think GAF obsessed about these review scores because they don't have the game yet. Once you have the game, honestly, everything just dips into the deep recesses of your mind.

However, my award for "Most Overlooked Game of the Year," goes to Resistance 3.

I blame R2 for that.

nib95

Banned
Pranay_ said:
Shane Satterfield will be reviewing Uncharted 3 GT

Oh Well :D :p

Don't know who this guy is, but Googled his name and got some funny results. Especially on video game forums lol.

J-Rzez

Pranay_ said:
Shane Satterfield will be reviewing Uncharted 3 GT

Oh Well :D :p

Excellent. Curious to see if his last statements of Uncharted not doing anything new and copy/pasting restricting it from a higher score while praising CoD will trickle in here.

Ricky_R

Keasar said:
The swedish game magazine Level just gave Uncharted 3 a 10/10 in score, even advertised it on the cover "Highest grade to Uncharted 3".

No 11/10?? What the hell is wrong with the media nowadays.

Sinthetic

Just had an E-Mail from Game saying my UC3 Special Edition is starting processing in the next 24 hours. Although it does say it won't be shipped early. Bastards.

Ricky_R

Meisadragon said:
Awwww, no. :(

I remember his rant about how unoriginal Uncharted 2 was. I think they will give it 9.2 now. :p

Wasn't gametrailers the ones who said that any game with no originality or innovation would not get more than the 9.3 Uncharted 2 got? Then they gave a 9.5 to MW2.

Majine

Banned
Ricky_R said:
Wasn't gametrailers the ones who said that any game with no originality or innovation would not get more than the 9.3 Uncharted 2 got? Then they gave a 9.5 to MW2.
And gave it GOTY.

kodt

Banned
madmaxx350 said:
I blame R2 for that.

I thought R2 was just as good as R1.

Fun but mediocre.

Both just felt like Call of Duty games with aliens really. (I enjoy CoD games, but only for one play-through)

KingK

Oh god, Satterfield is reviewing UC3 for GT? I feel a sub-9 score incoming. 8.8 or something. That guy is such a douche.

I'd lol so hard if MW3 wins GOTY there again, over Zelda, Uncharted, Batman, and Skyrim.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Steve McQueen said:
What's taking them so long? Is there an embargo on the reviews?
the online embargo is the 24 the magazine one was on the 15th. the problem is the magazines haven't come out yet lol.

Loudninja

Uncharted history
http://www.1up.com/features/mapping-uncharted-3-drake-deception

Very interesting stuff, they have a video how the very first Uncharted footage looked.

Wells states some aspects of the pitch video above have finally been implemented with Uncharted 3. Lemarchand points out the specifics: a melee combat system that allows for heavy use of contextual animations, multiple opponents, and improvised weaponry were all ideas that the team wanted to do for the first game, but ultimately didn't get implemented to Naughty Dog's satisfaction until the third game six years later. He continues, "We didn't see [some of these gameplay] systems for months and months, and it's all right here. We had to explain it to ourselves through this animatic."

So ideas they have for a long times is finally getting implemented in UC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom