• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBuddaDa

Raonak said:
What other 9.0's, 9.5's and 10's have been given by ign this year?
9.5s this year (no 10s other than Chrono Trigger on Wii VC):

Arkham City
Forza 4
Portal 2
Ocarina of Time 3D
NBA 2K12
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
FIFA 12

Raonak

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:
9.5s this year (no 10s other than Chrono Trigger on Wii VC):

Arkham City
Forza 4
Portal 2
Ocarina of Time 3D
NBA 2K12
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
FIFA 12

Hmm.... Interesting. if it can't be a 9.5- then I suspect a 10.

beast786 said:

In one of the more recent podcasts, he mentioned how he would rather play uncharted 2 than ME2. He seems to flipflop on the opinion.

Raonak

Banned
Also, Im just listening

and he says (because someone jokingly asked him "whats the score?")

"It's gonna be a score from 0 - 10."
"And it's not gonna get a 0, or a .5"

So I think he means it's not gonna get a 0.5, not that it's not gonna have a .5 in it's score.

Yamibito

Gvaz said:
Do people actually take paid reviews seriously? What year do I live in again?
Paranoia settles in, the camp is beginning to turn on one another!
Can't wait for the countless "pre-order canceled" jokes, still hyped regardless.

Raonak said:
Also, Im just listening

and he says (because someone jokingly asked him "whats the score?")

"It's gonna be a score from 0 - 10."
"And it's not gonna get a 0, or a .5"

So I think he means it's not gonna get a 0.5, not that it's not gonna have a .5 in it's score.

ZeroRay said:
9.5 confirmed

Yep. False alarm.

Rokam

Is it sad that I'm excited for this even though I don't own a PS3? Going to watch the shit out of playthrough videos on youtube :/.

Yoboman

Rokam said:
Is it sad that I'm excited for this even though I don't own a PS3? Going to watch the shit out of playthrough videos on youtube :/.
Yes that is sad. Stop being cheap and buy a PS3

cacophony said:
I was planning on buying this but I can't bring myself to spend $60 on it. Probably will just rent it and beat the campaign.

So you can't bring yourself to buy an experience that's quite possibly the best, most polished of this whole gen? O......k? 0_o

cacophony said:
I was planning on buying this but I can't bring myself to spend $60 on it. Probably will just rent it and beat the campaign.
Get battlefield 3 from Amazon and use the $20 gift card towards UC3. Problem solved!

Luthos

cacophony said:
Ehh I've beaten UC2's campaign like at least 5 times, maybe 6 or so. And that's in only 2 years. Most replayable campaign probably ever, imo. So for that alone I think UC3 is worth the $60.

Striek

8J9os.jpg

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I know what score IGN is giving Uncharted 3 :p

Greg was being straight on Game Scoop - there is no .5 on the end of the score.

nib95

Banned
GDJustin said:

Oh snap...

I'd be surprised if U3 got just a 9 (yes for Uncharted it really is just a 9), but you never know.

ZeroRay

GDJustin said:

If that's the case, my 50% guarantee of the game scoring a 10 is 100% likely.

Yoboman

Seriously, after remembering Greg Miller's "ME2 is better than Uncharted 2 SUCK IT DOWN FANBOYS" article, I can only see it getting 9.0. Probably with a "haha suck shit" tag line

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Yoboman said:
Seriously, after remembering Greg Miller's "ME2 is better than Uncharted 2 SUCK IT DOWN FANBOYS" article, I can only see it getting 9.0. Probably with a "haha suck shit" tag line

LOL this had me laughing hard for some reason.

darkwing

Yoboman said:
lol I wouldn't be surprised

nib95

Banned
Just re-iterating this. Seriously, check it out. Fascinating stuff indeed. Tonnes of it dedicated to tech talk.

Cyberia said:
Latest episode of Beyond is very worth a listen. Really fascinating stuff.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210328p1.html

Start time:35:00.

Uncharted 2 has two whole sets of different animations depending on which mode you're in. There's one set (which involves many animations in itself) for when you're relaxed and generally just exploring, and then another that's more tense and focused when you're in a gunfight or amidst action. Comparatively, Uncharted 3 has 4-5 of these entire animation sets in the desert levels for each of these modes. So that's like 10 entire animation sets that have God knows how many animations included (face arms, legs etc) just for Drake in the desert. Add to that, Drake has whole different animation sets for each level.

Another cool thing you may or may not have already known. The Cruise ship segment. The ocean is fully procedural and actually does physically move the boat itself. There's no smoke and mirrors, it actually has its own physics, reacts to and moves the boat (with you and everything else in it) in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom