• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

iratA

Damn its getting real now. The excellent reviews are only going to make the wait even harder. That IGN Ten Commandments bit was great because it highlights some of things that make Uncharted so special. Spoiler alert on the game's set pieces though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
siarraweb said:
10 from Edge?

We don't know until tomorrow. The link he posted is Greg Miller's twitter, who is writing the review for IGN.

darkwing said:
lol, just no, remember how much they gave uc2

I'm really not sure why it’s so hard to believe that Eurogamer might give it a 10.

It’s either a 9 or a 10, and I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if it got a 10...

Dennis

Banned
Uncharted 3 getting super-high scores will be just about the least surprising gaming news this year.

Modern Warfare 3 may just get a lot lower scores than usual though.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
siarraweb said:
10 from Edge?
I doubt it. I actually don't think it'll get that many 10s but would be nice if it did.
Buying day 1 regardless of review scores though. I <3 the Uncharted series. Best IP of this gen for me personally.

Kaako said:
I doubt it. I actually don't think it'll get that many 10s but would be nice if it did.
Buying day 1 regardless of review scores though. I <3 the Uncharted series. Best IP of this gen for me personally.

It will. I have very little doubt at this point.

AniHawk

Kaako said:

edge, like ign, kinda stopped caring this gen.

edit: also, uc3 will probably be the highest-rated game of the year, meaning it will get a shitload of tens. this is going to be the game to beat at the end of the year among critics.

AniHawk said:
however the real game of the year will very obviously be rayman origins because michel ancel.

Honestly, I don't think I've felt so confident about a game's quality as Origins. Having Ancel at the helm of a 2D platformer in 2011 is the kind of stuff dreams are made of. It almost makes up for the lack of BG&E2. Almost.

GOTY indeed.

I'm expecting 92-93% Meta based on lack of something completely new and a lack of a huge jump in quality equal to Uncharted 1 --> Uncharted 2. Unless ND is keeping a super awesome part of the game under wraps.

deepbrown said:
I hope the platforming difficulty ramps up more in this game. The shooting gets more difficult but the platforming stays static.
This game is never going to be about platforming challenges. This franchise doesn't even have platforming at all. It has traversal.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Lagspike_exe said:
I'm expecting 92-93% Meta based on lack of something completely new and a lack of a huge jump in quality equal to Uncharted 1 --> Uncharted 2. Unless ND is keeping a super awesome part of the game under wraps.
Visually, maybe. I only expect ND to bring their A-game and going by initial impressions, it looks like they did tenfold.

Lagspike_exe said:
Not directed at you, but technically speaking how is this a valid complaint at all? There is only so much you can do on these consoles and IMO UC3 should be at the pinnacle of what is possible.

AniHawk said:
edit: also, uc3 will probably be the highest-rated game of the year, meaning it will get a shitload of tens. this is going to be the game to beat at the end of the year among critics.

Pv7hd.jpg

from what i've played so far (both about 1-2h) zelda deserves it more but i'll wait on that judgment.

iamshadowlark said:
Not directed at you, but technically speaking how is this a valid complaint at all? There is only so much you can do on these consoles and IMO UC3 should be at the pinnacle of what is possible.
Uncharted 2 had shock value. It looked so much better than DF, it was one of the greatest leaps in graphics this gen. Uncharted 3 doesn't bring the same change to the table. You're right regarding that ND isn't at fault here - hardware limitations are, but I still believe it will be reflected in the scores.

Massa

DaBuddaDa said:
The only thing worse than Greg Miller's writing is him attention whoring his review score before the embargo lifts.

He doesn't really need to whore for attention - just look at this thread. Gamers eat this shit up.

jett

D-Member
Lagspike_exe said:
Uncharted 2 had shock value. It looked so much better than DF, it was one of the greatest leaps in graphics this gen. Uncharted 3 doesn't bring the same change to the table. You're right regarding that ND isn't at fault here - hardware limitations are, but I still believe it will be reflected in the scores.

Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

I think Uncharted 3 looks spectacular, and a good deal better than UC2.

siarraweb

well, all 4 or 5 reviews uncharted 3 already had, even though only one of them gave a 10 (level), all of those reviews gave higher scores now on uncharted 3 comparing with uncharted 2, so i guess that uncharted 3 > uncharted 2 from all the reviews...

however, uncharted 2 did had an extra value because of the shock, since uncharted 2 was kinda of a game ahead of its time in 2009 against all the other goty contenders...

today it's going to be a lot harder for it to get the same praise..

for me.. if it's really better than uncharted 2.. well..

i'll be happier than a pig in shit.

still hope it get's a shitload of 10's :p

WinFonda said:
lol, just curious... but why is there doubt surrounding UC3 reviews?
Because outside of it's story, character, and presentation, uncharted is a very straight shooter.

Reviewer have massive hard on for things like open world, rpg element, customization, dialog tree, branching path, side quest etc. it didn't have open world city like batman nor it's various gadget, or unique upgradable weapon like resistance, or deus ex character customization that alter how you play the game, or skyrim which is all about player freedom.

It's most similar to call of duty or battlefield, a simple and straight forwardsp campaign, but those games rely on it's online multiplayer for it's value while uncharted mp is not proven yet.

Lagspike_exe said:

I think it looks much better, the improvements in lighting/shadows alone make it look much better. Throw in bigger set pieces and improved character animation, well yeah.

KingDizzi

Banned
Off Topic but this game is getting HEAVILY advertised, seen so many adverts on many channels now. Just seen it during the Man City vs Man U :)D :D :D :D lulz) match that ended 6-1, when the humiliation was completed at Old Trafford the UC3 advert was shown, same one as on the other channels. Sony doing everything to push this game, at least people can't start with the "derp derp Sony never advertised enough" no matter how much this one sells.

Is the
Secret killer clowns Black Ops like rip off
confirmed then? Might actually buy the game depending on how it turns out.

Pranay

Callibretto said:
Because outside of it's story, character, and presentation, uncharted is a very straight shooter.

Reviewer have massive hard on for things like open world, rpg element, customization, dialog tree, branching path, side quest etc. it didn't have open world city like batman nor it's various gadget, or unique upgradable weapon like resistance, or deus ex character customization that alter how you play the game, or skyrim which is all about player freedom.

It's most similar to call of duty or battlefield, a simple and straight forwardsp campaign, but those games rely on it's online multiplayer for it's value while uncharted mp is not proven yet.
Nah

Gameplay is still top notch and still has the best set pieces in any game

nib95

Banned
Callibretto said:

Ehhh I call BS on that. Those games don't have puzzles, stealth, platforming (all three of which factor in to the gunplay or battles too unlike the shooters in question) etc. Add to that the level design, AI, level diversity, characters, VA, narrative, character development etc are an order of magnitude better. To me it's laughable even comparing a charming, dynamic, spectacular adventure game like Uncharted 3 to a more typically dudebro shooter like COD or BF3.

I'll enjoy all 3, but U3 is in a different league. If you have to compare in terms of quality, Zelda, Arkham City or Skyrim might be more apt.

KingDizzi said:
Off Topic but this game is getting HEAVILY advertised, seen so many adverts on many channels now. Just seen it during the Man City vs Man U :)D :D :D :D lulz) match that ended 6-1, when the humiliation was completed at Old Trafford the UC3 advert was shown, same one as on the other channels. Sony doing everything to push this game, at least people can't start with the "derp derp Sony never advertised enough" no matter how much this one sells.

Is the
Secret killer clowns Black Ops like rip off
confirmed then? Might actually buy the game depending on how it turns out.
Probably, during gamespot q&a session, one question ask about
zombie mode like in cod and nd guys said they don't have zombies, but have something else that'd pretty cool.
Sounds like confirmation to me

French

Banned
Callibretto said:
Probably, during gamespot q&a session, one question ask about
zombie mode like in cod and nd guys said they don't have zombies, but have something else that'd pretty cool.
Sounds like confirmation to me

It's confirmed in the Subway Multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom