• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky_R

Track 5 sounds like a track from the HBO series ROME.

Liking the soundtrack a lot. And yeah... I still love the official theme song just as I loved it when I first heard it.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
brandonh83 said:
I sure hope that the soundtrack is as good as Uncharted 2's and not just a bunch of typical moaning-woman singing that you hear in everything with a kind of desert/Middle Eastern setting.

After previewing on iTunes it looks to me like only 3 out of the 26 tracks are in the moaning-woman style.

I guess that doesn't say much about how heavily each one is used in the game, but there's a lot of variety at least.

Vire

French said:
He's right.
How do you know you haven't played it?

I hate how people without even playing the game automatically assume the reviewer is wrong just because it's their favorite game series. It's really insufferable.

Pranay

Vire said:

I hate how people without even playing the game automatically assume the reviewer is wrong just because it's their favorite game series. It's really insufferable.

cause most of the reviewers have not criticised the length of the game at all, neither the ones on twitter yet and are satisfied with the length

hey_it's_that_dog said:
After previewing on iTunes it looks to me like only 3 out of the 26 tracks are in the moaning-woman style.

I guess that doesn't say much about how heavily each one is used in the game, but there's a lot of variety at least.

shit I must have this. when does it release?

Patapwn

Vire said:

I am sorry that you are suffering. But I make no apologies.

If a reviewer has a problem with a game, fine, wonderful even. It's important to let potential buyers understand what they're getting into with laying down $60. But if the best you got is complaints about how the SP is only 10 hours long, makes me really wonder, batman.

Vire

Pranay_ said:
cause most of the reviewers have not criticised the length of the game at all, neither the ones on twitter yet and are satisfied with the length
Considering there's no post-exclusive embargo reviews out yet, I would wait before you send out the hound dogs and lower your pitchforks.

Secondly, as soon as you play the game you have the right to criticize a review if you disagree. Till then, you just sound like a bitter fanboy whose salty tears could fill the red sea.

Patapwn said:
I am sorry that you are suffering. But I make no apologies.

If a reviewer has a problem with a game, fine, wonderful even. It's important to let potential buyers understand what they're getting into with laying down $60. But if the best you got is complaints about how the SP is only 10 hours long, makes me really wonder, batman.

The quote didn't specify 10 hours, it could have been shorter for him. And yes, being only 6 hours long WOULD be a potential problem.

Thirdly, a 9 is a fantastic score.

Patapwn

Vire said:
The quote didn't specify 10 hours, it could have been shorter for him. And yes, being only 6 hours long WOULD be a potential problem.

Thirdly, a 9 is a fantastic score.
No, but the word is that U3 is the same length as U2. Which puts it at around 10 hours on the first playthrough. And second, I'm an advocate of judging a game on quality of content, not length. I understand, though, that many people tend to disagree with me

guek

Banned
10-15 hrs is a good game length now? Well I guess a lot of people will replay it and probably at least get 20 hrs of game time in. The quality of those first 10hrs is really important too. Plus there's multiplayer, right? How much of a draw is that though?

I'm sure it'll be an excellent game, but it's kinda funny considering people were bitching about the new zelda only being around 35hrs for the main quest and more in order to 100%.

spats

Combichristoffersen said:
So if UC3 can be finished in ~3 hours, I expect Uncharted 4 can be finished before you even start playing.

They'll make UC4 into an open world game so they can claim "thousands of hours" worth of gameplay.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'll never forgive the 3/10 Level gave HOTD: Overkill.

Those monsters.

KingK

Combichristoffersen said:
So if UC3 can be finished in ~3 hours, I expect Uncharted 4 can be finished before you even start playing.

In that same article it said that one of their playtesters beat UC2 in 2 hours.

guek said:
10-15 hrs is a good game length now? Well I guess a lot of people will replay it and probably at least get 20 hrs of game time in. The quality of those first 10hrs is really important too. Plus there's multiplayer, right? How much of a draw is that though?

I'm sure it'll be an excellent game, but it's kinda funny considering people were bitching about the new zelda only being around 35hrs for the main quest and more in order to 100%.

Zelda is a rpg i expect those games to be long.
If UC3 is same length as UC2 that good i play UC2 about 4 times .
Then i might not play mp much but i going to spend allot of time in co op.
So 10 -15 hrs thats great to me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Loudninja said:
Are they tough reviewers or something?

I have no idea, but 3/10 for Overkill is stupid.

/grudge

EatChildren

Y2Kev said:
I am concerned about the scores this game is getting!!

Scores are ammunition for the console wars, and Sony is running dry.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I am getting concerned I haven't seen proper hype around the scores!!

I am concerned that Sony is spending too much money on marketing this when they should be spending it on all their Other Hit Titles™!!

I am concerned that President Obama is actually a Kenyan and this game was made in Kenya!!

woops, how did that one get out

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
spats said:
Nice. Too many guys named NateDrake though.

My friend goes by the nick NakedDrake.

Also, I got a new mount yesterday, I can now ride Elena, wooo.

Anyway, finished UC1 yesterday. Whatever bad things I've said about the series in the past I'll have to retract. Sure, the shooting got kinda tedious, and fighting Gollum and his family + those one-hit kill laser sight snipers was annoying, not to mention Navarro's one-hit kill gun, but it was still a blast. Started Uc2 immediately afterwards, and the opening is one of the best I've ever seen, up there with God of War 2 and 3.

nib95

Banned
Length as a complaint? What the hell. In a world where most multiplayer plus single player games have campaigns averaging 6 hours, 8-12 hours seems generous. Same length as U2 no? Which was a solid length.

Dumb complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom