• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
LowEndTorque said:
Ok, so the "second opinion" has no bearing on the official score right? the actual published score is 10?
Yes, I believe so. The 8 guy got in alot of heat when he gave Brawl an 8 too :D

Majmun

LowEndTorque said:
Ok, so the "second opinion" has no bearing on the official score right? the actual published score is 10?

Yes.

Reviewing a game that way isn't unique, though. There are a lot of outlets that use a second opinion type of mini-review.

Kagari said:
He's also going to help me on the Versus XIII thread :DDDD

MEGATON :O

strafer

Cyberia said:

ohsnap.gif

Kagari said:
He's also going to help me on the Versus XIII thread :DDDD
ohhhhhhhhhgawwwwwwwwwwwwwdd

This Ben character is probably gonna say that the game is so good that everything else sucks now. Or he is gonna be like the game is just amazing omgwtfso great, 8/10 because it's too good and whatnot.

RustyNails said:
I bet Arne is looking at this thread and showing it to his Naughty Dog buddies and they're all laughing their asses off

I bet Arne and all the Naughty Dogs are absolute nervous wrecks right now anxiously awaiting the scores.

The sad reality these days is that metascores can have a big impact on a title's sales and subsequently, the future success of the franchise.

DaBuddaDa

gundamkyoukai said:
yep used wrong line there since points going to come off for stupid reasons .
Ironically, Ben Kuchera's site does not give review scores, only text.

LowEndTorque said:
The sad reality these days is that metascores can have a big impact on a title's sales and subsequently, the future success of the franchise.
I don't think they're particularly worried.

LowEndTorque said:

Didn't hurt Gran Turismo 5, and reviewers had a field day with that.

Vire

I'm waiting for Giant Bomb and Edge's. My two favorite publications.

A glowing review from Greg Miller means jack shit to me.

Massa said:
Speaking of, who's playing the game for Giantbomb?

I think it might be Brad, but I'm not 100% on it. I thought they alluded to him playing it on the last bombcast, but maybe they were talking about a preview event.

EDIT: Beaten by a more sure person, lol.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Came to think of something. Some other GAFfer mentioned the 'elemental' colour style of the UC game covers (UC1 = jungle = green = earth, UC2 = snow = white = air, UC3 = sand = orange/yellow = fire) and how this would have UC4 being 'water'. UC1-3 all involve Drake looking for lost cities (El Dorado, Shambhala, Iram), so UC4 would have Drake looking for a lost city related to water.. UC4 to feature Atlantis confirmed.

Combichristoffersen said:
Came to think of something. Some other GAFfer mentioned the 'elemental' colour style of the UC game covers (UC1 = jungle = green = earth, UC2 = snow = white = air, UC3 = sand = orange/yellow = fire) and how this would have UC4 being 'water'. UC1-3 all involve Drake looking for lost cities (El Dorado, Shambhala, Iram), so UC4 would have Drake looking for a lost city related to water.. UC4 to feature Atlantis confirmed.

NATHAN DRAKE: the uncharted fate of atlantis
do it ND

DaBuddaDa

So does that make Uncharted 5...SPACE!?

wabo

Banned
Uncharted 4: Drake goes to the spa

More likely.

Isn't the Atlantis idea already used in 3, at least technically ? Iram is also known as the Atlantis of the Sands.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
kazuma_pt said:
NATHAN DRAKE: the uncharted fate of atlantis
do it ND

Drake discovers how Kratos destroyed Atlantis, confirming that Uncharted and God of War belong to the same universe.

madmaxx350 said:
Isn't the Atlantis idea already used in 3, at least technically ? Iram is also known as the Atlantis of the Sands.

'Atlantis of the Sands' is just a nickname though. UC4 has Drake find the real deal.

DaBuddaDa said:
So does that make Uncharted 5...SPACE!?

In space no one can hear you snap a guard's neck

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_lqm0o52TFC1qafrh6.gif

SolidSnakex said:
Didn't hurt Gran Turismo 5, and reviewers had a field day with that.

GT is different. It's one of those titles like COD, Halo, etc. that will sell big no matter what. It's one of the biggest franchises in gaming.

And if you compare GT5's sales to the rest of the GT series it's the worst selling of them all. (yes, I realize PS2 vs. PS3 era and all, but still... a very significant drop)

It's even arguable that UC2's critical success is what helped push it's sales to the 5 million ballpark over time, since it didn't launch huge but had great legs and sold consistently over time.

strafer

78807678_omg_reaction_gif.gif

I'm so ready...

And I hope that this game will be released on the 28th because the 11.01.11 is a holiday in germany so I doubt that it would arrive on schedule.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Instantly reminded me of this fan-made Uncharted 2 cover.

LowEndTorque said:
And if you compare GT5's sales to the rest of the GT series it's the worst selling of them all. (yes, I realize PS2 vs. PS3 era and all, but still... a very significant drop)

GT5 was at 6m as of last December. We haven't received a sales update since then. It's safe to say that it's sold quite a bit more than that now since it's still appearing on European charts.

I think Uncharted has a really good name for itself now. There's also no way that it's going to receive negative reviews. At worst you might see a couple of 8's, but most are going to be 9's and above.

UC5?
laputa-castle-in-the-sky_08812.jpg

Sky cities? Nah. Uncharted 5 will be a gritty reboot, set in the derelict council estates of Hackney, as Drake battles valiantly against chavs and rabid pitbull terriers in order to retrieve his precious Oyster Card bus pass. There'll be more cussing than a fackin' Ray Winstone flick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom