• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

spats

BoobPhysics101 said:
Can't believe I will have this game in 3~ days... so hyped. The single player is going to be balls-out, no holds barred incrediawesome.

It's good when people keep their expectations in check.

jbttwin

spats said:
It's good when people keep their expectations in check.
41578_304637437182_7898_n.jpg

gundamkyoukai said:
The reason people going to try and dock points from this game going to be so funny .

you know its fine when GTA and Call of Duty have Academy nomination-caliber screenwriting, but when Uncharted does, it's a problem.

Chinner

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
Please tell me no reviewer actually said this ._.
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/869/869381p1.html
GTA IV gives us characters and a world with a level of depth previously unseen in gaming and elevates its story from a mere shoot-em-up to an Oscar-caliber drama.
Presentation - 10
The story is Oscar quality. The use of the phone as a gaming portal is genius. There's really nothing more that could be asked for from GTA IV.

Gvaz

Banned
upJTboogie said:
It should be out on the 25th because of the 1 week rule.
I really don't like that rule because there's usually enough to talk about even 6 months in advance to keep a major thread going until release, and then you can make a new one for the game's release.

That way anyone who wants to read about it just jumps in, subs to the thread, and reads that instead of having to f5 the main forums for new info.

strafer

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
I like the "Het is Drake". I don't understand what it means, and I don't care to know. But it sounds good.
grin.gif

If you're swedish it's more funny. :p

Het is Hot in Swedish.

So basically, Drake is hot.

news at 11

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Vire said:
I'm waiting for Giant Bomb and Edge's. My two favorite publications.

A glowing review from Greg Miller means jack shit to me.
LOL. All reviews/reviewers mean jack shit to me. Giant Bomb, IGN, Edge, 1UP...same shit, different smell.

Combichristoffersen said:
I know about the GTA IV = Oscar worthy brouhaha, I was asking about the CoD part

I was kinda messin there, but I do remember something about some reviewers talking about how it rivaled Hollywood blockbuster films or whatever.

Massa

brandonh83 said:
I was kinda messin there, but I do remember something about some reviewers talking about how it rivaled Hollywood blockbuster films or whatever.

Not a tough thing to do since most Hollywood blockbuster films are shit.

Corto

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
lol i figured. WTF kind of review is this.

Care to translate the rest?

Het is Drake means it is Drake not that Drake is hot. Coincidentally het means hot in swedish.

Monarch

Banned
Tricky I Shadow said:
The game comes out on the 28th in France - it can be posted any time from now....

Not anymore. At least officially...

https://twitter.com/#!/cbalestra/status/127644002609668096

edit: beaten

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
LowEndTorque said:
GT is different. It's one of those titles like COD, Halo, etc. that will sell big no matter what. It's one of the biggest franchises in gaming.

And if you compare GT5's sales to the rest of the GT series it's the worst selling of them all. (yes, I realize PS2 vs. PS3 era and all, but still... a very significant drop)

It's even arguable that UC2's critical success is what helped push it's sales to the 5 million ballpark over time, since it didn't launch huge but had great legs and sold consistently over time.

Ahh...what? It hasn't even been out for a full year yet and it sold 6.4 million in the first two months. GT4's lifetime sales is a little over 11 million, so wtf are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom