• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

spwolf

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
DAT "Wat is NOT" column.

7W8Ut.png

pretty stupid points. That being said, i they like giving out 9.9's and 9.8's, but couldnt find other 10 on the site.

They also have bad taste by rating PES a lot lower than Fifa. Or F4 than GT5.

it would be breaking every moral code i have to agree with them.

Cheska

Tricky I Shadow said:
15 hours from now the IGN review will be put up.
10/10

Pretty much. Greg Miller is reviewing it,and if his coverage of the AMC event was any indication, it's very likely it'll be close to 10/10.

iNvid02

jett said:
Aren't a bunch of people getting the game a week early anyway

they get it shipped to them on 25th via 2 day delivery or something, so they get it middle of next week

not that long but still i wouldnt mind getting it early, would prob finish it before the weekend and spend it playing multi

Guys, come on, we all know that Uncharted 5 will be set in Antarctica as an ode to Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness" where it turns out Lovecraft's writing was based on experience, not his whacked out imagination. Drake fights Cthulu and a crazed cult trying to resurrect him.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Guys, come on, we all know that Uncharted 5 will be set in Antarctica as an ode to Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness" where it turns out Lovecraft's writing was based on experience, not his whacked out imagination. Drake fights Cthulu and a crazed cult trying to resurrect him.
!!! Game of the forever. UC6 will have Drake fighting God himself.

laika09

NotTheGuyYouKill said:

Yeah, but how are the Nazis involved?

laika09 said:
Yeah, but how are the Nazis involved?

Easy, Hitler sent a team to Antarctica to obtain the powers of creatures from beyond the cosmos, but they got royally fucked up and some of them got turned into like... tough fish-people.

Full disclaimer, I've never actually read any of Lovecraft's work.

Seriously, this R'lyeh would be an awesome setting. Sunken city in the South Pacific according to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R'lyeh

Just imagine North's smooth voice narrating the story...

The nightmare corpse-city of R'lyeh…was built in measureless eons behind history by the vast, loathsome shapes that seeped down from the dark stars.

Wallach said:
Drake will get to the mountain, and discover that he was the Nazis all along.

Then he was Nazis, and foughted Cthulhu.

So many twists and turns.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
NotTheGuyYouKill said:

Game of the forever. 25.7/10, AAAAxinfinity.

they didn't change/remove the stealth from Uncharted 2 did they?

that said, I'd love to see ND try full on proper stealth game with dragging bodies to hide them, alert state, and heightened enemy awareness. really love the super streamlined control Uncharted 2 have (as opposed to very complicated MGS control, although MGS is still really really good)

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Why should I buy this game when it's only getting poor reviews?

madmaxx350 said:
I don't get the linear complaint, I mean how do you go into a game like U3 where all 2 predecessor were linear and knock the game on that when It's clear that what the developers are trying to achieve is a linear game?

Anyway, good score.

There are different degrees of linear. Uncharted 2 allowed for a medium amount of creativity in approaching most gunfights. It could easily have been more linear, like a CoD game or some corridor shooter.

All speculation of course. Most "I don't get the X complaint" comments don't carry much weight without experiencing the game oneself.

RedRedSuit said:
There are different degrees of linear. Uncharted 2 allowed for a medium amount of creativity in approaching most gunfights. It could easily have been more linear, like a CoD game or some corridor shooter.

All speculation of course. Most "I don't get the X complaint" comments don't carry much weight without experiencing the game oneself.

Fair Point. The translation does make it sound like they are hinting it's too linear which You can easily interpret as the game might be more linear than U2.

madmaxx350 said:
Fair Point. The translation does make it sound like they are hinting it's too linear which You can easily interpret as the game might be more linear than U2.

Right, my biggest fear is always that ND becomes too enamored of scripted Holy Shit moments where you have little or no control, instead of providing fun, creative, vertical level design. Uncharted 2 combined the two amazingly and seamlessly, e.g., the entire helicopter battle in Nepal, the train, the trucks. Hopefully Uncharted 3 will deliver similarly.

Raonak

Banned
Well, think of it this way- It must be telling, the fact that the only bad stuff they could put in the bad column is linearity and stealth.

Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
So what you're saying is... UC6 will be an Uncharted/God of War crossover. I like the sounds of this.

honestly, I'm hping we'll get GoW item as treasure in Uncharted 3. we got precursor orb from jak and daxter as secret treasure in U1.

Ricky_R

93% to 94% metacritic. Won't get as many 10's as UC2 did, but it will get enough high 9's.

Game will be amazing regardless.

Ricky_R

eternaLightness said:
OT but I really like your avy. That would be such a crazy/cool twist if that was true.

Thanks... Yeah, but it would score awfully due to being unoriginal and for borrowing too much from Terminator.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Metalmurphy said:
People are still knocking down games for being linear?...

Does every single game need to be open world with non linear progression?

facepalm.gif

I'm with you.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
I have about 20 different gifs ready for use tomorrow morning depending on which score IGN gives this. Gonna be lots of fun!

So do I.... here is a preview

tumblr_lmyll8D3T51qifthg.gif

or
tumblr_ltee7lYXYs1r4ghkoo1_250.gif

any more New York gifs depending on the score

Gvaz

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
People are still knocking down games for being linear?...

Does every single game need to be open world with non linear progression?

facepalm.gif
Nope just open world with linear progression.

Xenoblade, the Game of the Century would like to speak with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom