• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
brandonh83 said:
HOLY FUCK I JUST WON IT FROM SUBWAY

SHIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
You son of a bitch.

congrats.

JABEE

brandonh83 said:
rock on... I saw it mentioned earlier but forgot, but does anyone know when the Subway winners will get their copies? I can wait I guess since it's free and all, but I was kind of wanting to pick up Battlefield 3 tomorrow. but if I'm getting Uncharted 3 PRETTY soon I will go ahead and use my UC3 money on that.
Did you get an email from them?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
gdt5016 said:
I aint even mad.

Getting UC3 for ~$30 at Kmart.

I'll be getting it for $40 since Amazon sent me $20 in credit for running out of Dark Souls CE's. The funny thing is that I ordered Dark Souls after the CE's ran out, so I wasn't expecting any kind of compensation.

3N16MA

Banned
gdt5016 said:
Yeah right. This is a Zelda year you know. And on GAF, it will certainly be a 3 way fight between UC3, Zelda, and Dark Souls for GOTY. Probably alot of Portal 2 action as well, but that'll lose some heat because it came out so long ago.

More of me taking MW3 out of the equation. I see it as these in competition:

UC3
Skyrim
Zelda
Arkham City
Portal 2
Dark Souls
BF3
LittleBigPlanet 2
Forza 4
Gears 3
Deus Ex

gdt

Snuggler said:
I'll be getting it for $40 since Amazon sent me $20 in credit for running out of Dark Souls CE's. The funny thing is that I ordered Dark Souls after the CE's ran out, so I wasn't expecting any kind of compensation.

Still got $20 in credit at Amazon, for use on...whatever is next. Maybe AssCreed or Halo. Or Skyrim.

Edit: Snuggly reminded me, just used it on a BRD.

JABEE

I hope the free copy doesn't take 8-10 weeks. I want to play this game at launch. I don't think I can wait until after Christmas to play this.

Skyrim actually won the "Most Anticipated Game of Fall 2011" on GameFAQs over Skyward Sword. Keep in mind, GameFAQs is usually Zeldaville; they voted Majora's Mask as Game of the Decade, they will vote Link over pretty much EVERYONE in character popularity contests. It would take quite a game to overthrow Skyward Sword, even before its release, but this new Elder Scrolls did it.

Pranay

Either a Mod update the first post or split this post into a new thread, will leave it upto them

uncharted-3.jpg

Magzine Reviews -

Playmania [Spain] - 9.9

Official Playstation Magzine [Spain] - 9.8

Power Unlimited - 94

PS Mania - 4.5/5

Level Magzine - 10/10 [second opinion - 8/10]

Website Reviews -

Gamersnet - 10/10

Being Nerdy - 10/10

XGN - 94

GeoramA said:
I'm like 0/300 on that stupid game.

Congrats though.

dude as far as I'm concerned... I never, ever win these contests, like ever, and last year I won Gran Turismo 5 but they didn't fucking ship it to me, so this is just revenge.

Glassboy

3N16MA said:
More of me taking MW3 out of the equation. I see it as these in competition:

UC3
Skyrim
Zelda
Arkham City
Portal 2
Dark Souls
BF3
LittleBigPlanet 2
Forza 4
Gears 3
Deus Ex
I think the major players will be
UC3
Skyrim
Zelda
Portal 2
Arkham City
What would you narrow your results to if you could only pick 5?

Man, I'm so excited for this game. More than any other game this year, more than Dead Space 2, Portal 2, Arkham City, Assassin's Creed, DXHR, and every other game I've played this year, it's UC3 I've been waiting all year for.

Damn. So soon.

Glassboy said:
UC3
Skyrim
Zelda
Portal 2
Arkham City

Everyone sleeps on Dead Space 2 and Deus Ex: HR. At least give 'em a mention.

gdt

The Xtortionist said:
Everyone sleeps on Dead Space 2 and Deus Ex: HR. At least give 'em a mention.

In terms of being GOTY on GAF or in general, it aint happening for either. Though both were excellent games (DS2 moreso).

I need to make a list of every 2011 game and put together some thoughts. This years GOTY voting will be a fucking pain. Coming up with #1 will be easier compared to coming up with some order for the rest of the games.

For me it will be between Portal 2 and UC3.

I've enjoyed other games but so far Portal 2 is the only game where I was legitimately wowed. If UC3 is anywhere near as good as 2 it will be a similar reaction.

Snuggler said:

Amazon is amazing, I routinely get emails informing me that they have deposited credit in my account because who knows, I happened to click on a link on their site and thought about buying something- $20 credit applied. It's always such a wonderful surprise.

3N16MA

Banned
Glassboy said:
UC3
Skyrim
Zelda
Portal 2
Arkham City

UC3
Skyrim
Zelda
Arkham City
BF3

I did forget Dead Space 2 which should get some mention.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Renamed the thread, and added reviews to the op. Thanks Pranay_.

JaseC said:
Estimated shipping/delivery dates should be mentioned in the T&Cs somewhere.

It says 8-10 weeks but I remember that they shipped GT5 the week before release and I saw someone, somewhere say that Uncharted 3 was shipping sometime in the middle of this week but I couldn't find where I saw that.

the contest for GOTY will be decided by which game have the least flaw/negatives, rather than which games have the highest high/positives imo.

edit: the challenge for Uncharted 3 is of course, whether reviewer will view Uncharted's linear nature as negatives or not.

Luthos

I love how GOTY discussions start out with someone mentioning 3-5 games. Then someone adds a couple more, than a few more, than one more, and so on. This year is packed with good worthy titles. And lots of good not-quite-GOTY-yet-still-awesome games.

As for me, UC3 has easily been my most hyped. And I see it as most likely being my personal GOTY.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Luthos said:
I love how GOTY discussions start out with someone mentioning 3-5 games. Then someone adds a couple more, than a few more, than one more, and so on. This year is packed with good worthy titles. And lots of good not-quite-GOTY-yet-still-awesome games.

A lot of games will win GOTY awards from the wide variety of websites/magazines, with lower key titles winning on niche websites. But stuff like Deus Ex (as much as I love it), inFamous 2, and Dead Space 2 I feel will be easily forgotten/ignored in favour of the bigger games. I don't think Battlefield 3 will grab any either, except from those looking to cash in on the stupid MW3 Vs. BF3 war.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Due to my media blackout, I'm not particularly hyped for Uncharted 3. I went into Drake's Fortune more or less blind and had a lot of fun, whereas with Among Thieves I gorged on pre-release media to the point where upon playing through the game it felt all too familiar.

At this point, Portal 2 and Alice: Madness Returns are my personal GoTY front runners, with Rage not far behind.

3N16MA

Banned
The more I think about it the more games get added to an already growing list. I think we can all agree that 2011 has been pretty amazing no matter what.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Uncharted 2. Chloe better still be hot in 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom