• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

Dr Eggman said:
Just finished Uncharted 2. Chloe better still be hot in 3.

You bet she is!
safDK.jpg

As a straight woman I am completely comfortable stating she is one hot piece of ass. Literally. Although that may just be my Claudia Black fanboyism speaking :p

Wallach

EatChildren said:
A lot of games will win GOTY awards from the wide variety of websites/magazines, with lower key titles winning on niche websites. But stuff like Deus Ex (as much as I love it), inFamous 2, and Dead Space 2 I feel will be easily forgotten/ignored in favour of the bigger games. I don't think Battlefield 3 will grab any either, except from those looking to cash in on the stupid MW3 Vs. BF3 war.

I pretty much feel the same way. DX:HR is a sleeper and I think at best it'll snag an award from a media outlet or two. Here on GAF I can definitely see it landing in the top 5. I also kind of feel the same way about Portal 2; I think with how much is coming out this year, and the type of game that Portal 2 is, it is going to get a lot of praise but very little in terms of actual GotY awards.

Probably four games I think will be really fighting for most of the spotlight:

UC3
Skyrim
Arkham City
Skyward Sword

Hard to really guess, even here on GAF. It's been a good year.

Cheska said:
As a straight woman I am completely comfortable stating she is one hot piece of ass. Literally. Although that may just be my Claudia Black fanboyism speaking :p

As a straight black male, I'm comfortable in saying +1 to your entire post.

Chloe/Claudia is the shit.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Cheska said:
You bet she is!
http://i.imgur.com/safDK.jpg
They should make a side-by-side comparison with her ass.

Anyone besides me think Elena got a downgrade in UC3? Her being so cute in UC1/2 made up for her annoying, nasally voice, but now they nerfed that perk.

Glassboy

Cheska said:
You bet she is!
safDK.jpg

Everyone looks a little more serious/mean in Uncharted 2. Could just be the pics though

AniHawk

mysticwhip said:
I hope Elena dies, she's the debby downer of Uncharted.
what? she's the only good, likable character in the entire series.

plus, they already tried to put her in the fridge and she survived.

mysticwhip said:
I hope Elena dies, she's the debby downer of Uncharted.

Its weird. I like Elena because the characters I do like(Nate and Sully, specifically) like her, even if she has a REALLY annoying voice and 50% of her lines is nagnagnag.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I wonder if this game will end up being viewed as being as good or better than Uncharted 2, but end up with a slightly lower review average. There seems to be a trend lately where if a sequel is not "better enough" (nothing grammatically betterer came to mind) it scores lower. Either way, cannot wait for Amazon to deliver my copy.

Marius_ said:
So do I.... here is a preview

tumblr_lmyll8D3T51qifthg.gif

or
tumblr_ltee7lYXYs1r4ghkoo1_250.gif

any more New York gifs depending on the score

Dude, it’s already pretty much confirmed that IGN will be giving Uncharted 3 a 10/10.

Pranay_ said:
BeingNerdy gave UC3 a 10/10 rating.

"Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception is perhaps the greatest game of our generation. There’s simply no other game on the market that comes even close to this masterpiece. It’s simply once in lifetime gaming experience that no gamer should miss out on. If you don’t have a PS3, you need to buy one, NOW!"

Source - http://beingnerdy.com/gaming/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-review

lhPL2.gif

EatChildren said:
Tricky would post, but he's too busy foaming at the mouth.

LOL.

Raonak

Banned
Mooreberg said:
I wonder if this game will end up being viewed as being as good or better than Uncharted 2, but end up with a slightly lower review average. There seems to be a trend lately where if a sequel is not "better enough"

don't worry, mw3 will come in buck that trend
:(

Jarmel

Banned
Wallach said:
I pretty much feel the same way. DX:HR is a sleeper and I think at best it'll snag an award from a media outlet or two. Here on GAF I can definitely see it landing in the top 5. I also kind of feel the same way about Portal 2; I think with how much is coming out this year, and the type of game that Portal 2 is, it is going to get a lot of praise but very little in terms of actual GotY awards.

Probably four games I think will be really fighting for most of the spotlight:

UC3
Skyrim
Arkham City
Skyward Sword

Hard to really guess, even here on GAF. It's been a good year.

Yep that will almost certainly be the case. The GOTY threads are going to be vicious with people nitpicking apart all of the above games. What makes it even harder is that all of the above games are vastly different types of games. I can see Skyrim/U3 being the front-runners for alot of the awards with Skyward Sword picking up a couple here and there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pranay_ said:
Any Australian here ?

Hyper magzine is out,

it has reviews of uncharted 3 and saints row 3

Yes, but I don't have a newsagency within a distance that I can be bothered travelling just to look at the score/s. :p

JaseC said:
Yes, but I don't have a news agency within a distance that I can be bothered travelling just to look at the score/s. :p

Same with me. It's just past 5:00pm here too, so most of them are shut now. If I was told earlier I would have checked.

pelican

Excuse my ignorance, but when does the embargo for U3 reviews lift?

My sub for Edge is due today/tomorrow and I just noticed from the website picture of the upcoming issue that U3 is reviewed along with Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom