• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pranay

Snuggler said:
Hmmm...that's not the first review or comment to mention the length being short, I'm starting to think it may be a serious problem.

i have read all the review mostly, and length was criticized by them only.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DeathJr said:
Reviewers playing on very easy tend to finish faster.

True, but if that's the case, they probably did the same for Uncharted 2. I don't remember reviewers complaining about UC2 being short. Should I be worried?

Pranay

Snuggler said:
True, but if that's the case, they probably did the same for Uncharted 2. I don't remember reviewers complaining about UC2 being short. Should I be worried?

:|

most reviewers have said that the length is same

OPM spain said game is 10/12 hrs long

Luthos

Snuggler said:
Hmmm...that's not the first review or comment to mention the length being short, I'm starting to think it may be a serious problem.
It's hard to really worry or even care when they just say it's short, and don't give numbers or compare it to UC2.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pranay_ said:
:|

most reviewers have said that the length is same

OPM spain said game is 10/12 hrs long

To be fair, the reviews so far are questionable at best. I'll try to remain optimistic, but I am very concerned about this. Hopefully when the real reviews roll out tomorrow they won't say the same, but I will keep my expectations low.

Micerider

LowEndTorque said:
XGN gave UC2 a 9.6.

That means UC3 is 0.2 inferior.

Preorder cancelled. Will wait for the bargain bin.

ooohhhh Naughty Dog, WHY oh WHY or you letting us down! Thou shall be Forsaken!

(I want the game now...hhmmkkkkayyy?)

Micerider

Gafapastismo said:
I remember a Tweet from Gamesradar where said that finished the game in 8-9 hours (easy mode)

Found
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31688488&postcount=646

Well, easy mode Is a mode you don't want to play if you're not in a hurry or if you have average gaming skill. UC2 was also taking 8 hours on easy, but I took 12 hours on Hard and it felt extremely good. IF UC3 is in the same territory (with same quality), I'd be cheering and praising.

Diprosalic said:
So IGN 10/10 confirmed. How many 10s do they give out these days?

This is the list excluding handheld reviews

AniHawk said:
once the world gave gta iv a thousand tens, anything became possible.

edit: plus, ign's gone soft. excluding their handheld reviews, these are the 10s they've given out:

the legend of zelda: ocarina of time (n64) - 1998
soulcalibur - 1999
grand theft auto iv - 2008
metal gear solid 4 - 2008
pac-man championship edition - 2010
super mario galaxy 2 - 2010
red dead redemption: undead nightmare - 2010
chrono trigger (vc) - 2011

Diprosalic said:
So IGN 10/10 confirmed.

No, it is NOT confirmed at all.

Someone who works at IGN posted that there is no .5 at the end of the score. Then someone twittered Greg Miller saying something along the lines of "I can't believe UC3 is getting a 10" to which Miller replied "AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!"

A couple of posters took this as concrete evidence and have been repeatedly posting "10/10 confirmed"

LowEndTorque said:

Someone who works at IGN posted that there is no .5 at the end of the score. Then someone twittered Greg Miller saying something along the lines of "I can't believe UC3 is getting a 10" to which Miller replied "AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!"

A couple of posters took this as concrete evidence and have been repeatedly posting "10/10 confirmed"
Yeah right G. Miller gives U3 a 9.

iNvidious01 said:
yeah i posted that in jett's thread but doesn't seem like anyone picked it up yet.

the latest episode is just going over the trailers/reveals again but its worth watching if your hyped
Just hear the sound if you're avoiding media, they have extended plane footage

ASIS

LowEndTorque said:

It may not be confirmed but there sure are a lot of hints pointing that direction.

Luthos

iNvidious01 said:
yeah i posted that in jett's thread but doesn't seem like anyone picked it up yet.

the latest episode is just going over the trailers/reveals again but its worth watching if your hyped
Yea it may be just trailer/reveal questions, but the Naughty Gods' answers actually go much deeper than that, so it's more interesting than it sounds.

If these IGN rumors are true, I wonder if the score includes their multiplayer experiences. I can't fathom how a level-headed reviewer played the tripe that Naughty Dog pushed out and still award it a 10/10.

ConradCervantes said:
If these IGN rumors are true, I wonder if the score includes their multiplayer experiences. I can't fathom how a level-headed reviewer played the tripe that Naughty Dog pushed out and still award it a 10/10.
Last time I go to beta thread, people seen to like it now

Pranay

ConradCervantes said:

err MP is great imo, im l\playing it now and most issues are fixed, it has a lot of features and a new co op so why not ?

we are playing a beta which is getting fixed every week

GeoramA said:
If Eurogamer doesn't give it 5/5 stars, then I'm selling my PS3.

I think it will be more interesting to see the 5 from Edge..

As for length, 8-9 hours of awesome is what I want. Disgaea 4 and dark souls can take their sweet time, from uncharted, I just want a blast from start to finish.

Pranay_ said:
err MP is great imo, im l\playing it now and most issues are fixed, it has a lot of features and a new co op so why not ?

we are playing a beta which is getting fixed every week

I'm queuing it up as I type. Haven't played it in a week, so I'll keep an open mind.

Overall I'm pretty proud of myself for my blackout abilities for Uncharted 3. For the second game I devoured every piece of info or video I could find pre-release, but aside from some new characters and a couple settings, I know almost nothing about Uncharted 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom