• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majukun

Snipes424 said:
So here is the thing about the Eurogamer review. If this reviewer was notoriously hard on games then I could understand the 8 completely. The problem is the same reviewer gave gundam wings an 8.............

I mean here we have a game that will most likely go down as one of the top 3 best games of the entire generation and it received the same score as Gundam wings......

something doesn't seem right to me.

the issues pointed by the review are pretty big for some type of gamers (like me),so count that review as made for people who pretend more freedom in a videogame.
for whose who are not annoyed by that,there are tons of 10/10 reviews...is always a matter of find what site/reviewer has tastes like yours and follow it ignoring the rest of the world.

Yuterald

So, who is going to travel in time and make the Uncharted 4 thread? Don't worry, you won't have to post anything new since you all will be saying the same things now.

Snipes424

MechaX said:
Jesus Christ, people. It's just an 8. Unless Eurogamer's reviewer will personally come to your house and slap you every time you put U3 in the PS3 (or you have some odd stake in "Metacritic Bonuses"), this should not be affecting you at all.

C'mon guys, I would expect this kind of reaction out of the GameFAQs forums, but not GAF!

... What game now?

Gundam Musou 2 I believe.

Reave

People are freaking out over an 8/10?! C'mon son -- fuck outta here wit dat bullshit SON.

Seriously... if we're going to be mad at anyone, how about GiantBomb for giving Catherine a 2/5!

plagiarize said:
what if he doesn't like what the developers intended it to be? how is that wrong to point out?
The purpose of a review is to evaluate a game, not to pontificate on your personal yearnings for the medium. That's the difference between a review and an editorial.

Loudninja

Games.cz 10/10
The visuals are breathtaking, the story is fascinating and the gameplay is never-ending. Uncharted 3 is like a fast-paced locomotive that cannot be stopped. The expectations were high, but Naughty Dog met them and even added an action-oriented frantic multiplayer. This third title clearly honours its parents, but as a child it does tricks with its pulsing vigour.
http://games.tiscali.cz/recenze/uncharted-3-drake-s-deception-recenze-57384

Snuggler said:
Thanks for embarrassing the entire community, guys. You have brought great shame to the NeoGAF.

We were the tallest Pillar of Dignity in the industry until this great shame. Now we're a laughing stock stripped of our honour.

Now is the time for sombre and mature reflection
until Gamespot drops their 8.8 bomb

Cruzader

Banned
Snipes424 said:
So here is the thing about the Eurogamer review. If this reviewer was notoriously hard on games then I could understand the 8 completely. The problem is the same reviewer gave gundam wings an 8.............

I mean here we have a game that will most likely go down as one of the top 3 best games of the entire generation and it received the same score as Gundam wings......

something doesn't seem right to me.
Yup, I agree. That's real shady to do that. Gundam is a pile of crap compared to Naughty God's offering and to be dropped to those low standards....damn. Time for eurogamer to get the black list and SCEE to send some euro agents down there and waterboard the reviewer.

Zeliard

This is embarrassing. We demand that reviewers use the full scale and not blindly follow the hype and yet an 8/10 is enough to get people riled up.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Marius_ said:
so like 15 people are retweeting a post from a "Nintendo/Apple Fanboy", ok..
Those aren't even real tweets; the site basically "predicts" what users are going to say.

Tom Penny

Cruzader said:
Yup, I agree. That's real shady to do that. Gundam is a pile of crap compared to Naughty God's offering and to be dropped to those low standards....damn. Time for eurogamer to get the black list and SCEE to send some euro agents down there and waterboard the reviewer.

So someone is incapable of enjoying Gundam more than UC3? Why not?

Ricky_R

Loudninja said:
The visuals are breathtaking, the story is fascinating and the gameplay is never-ending. Uncharted 3 is like a fast-paced locomotive that cannot be stopped. The expectations were high, but Naughty Dog met them and even added an action-oriented frantic multiplayer. This third title clearly honours its parents, but as a child it does tricks with its pulsing vigour.[/url]

Uncharted review quotes are always exciting. Well most of the time.

Btw, why are you a junior member? I remember seeing you some decent time back while I was lurking.

Wow people are still talking about reactions from hours ago. I guess there's no more reviews to talk about so we're on repeat right now.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I remember when this thread was all about tiring memes.

MechaX

Cruzader said:

It's gotten to the point where I genuinely can't tell who is being serious but..

... They are completely different genres and would be exactly akin to comparing apples to oranges.

Reznor said:
People are freaking out over an 8/10?! C'mon son -- fuck outta here wit dat bullshit SON.

Seriously... if we're going to be mad at anyone, how about GiantBomb for giving Catherine a 2/5!
Wait... Giant Bomb gave Catherine a 2/5? AW HELL NAW!

As for UC3, I know it's gonna be a crazy ass ride from start to finish, but ultimately pretty shallow upon closer inspection. It's a series that does a lot of things competently, but was never top of the pack in any one area (in terms of gameplay, not graphics/sound etc), as a package though, it's stupid awesome. I'll be there Day One as always.

plagiarize said:
i think it's enough that plenty of places offer you the kind of reviews that you like. i think you go to far to want every review to be written to the same standard, and the same aim.

i think i can get you to agree that ;)

Well, I don't find many of these places, let alone plenty. And no... I just have a certain view on how I feel reviews should be written. There is no "go to far" about this... we have different views on what reviews should be.

PairOfFilthySocks said:
I...what...isn't that the whole point of a review?!

Not entirely. Reviews can written and approached in different ways. I see them differently than other people. You see them differently than me, so be it.

Rich!

Probably a bad thread to ask, but has any reviews stated whether the cutscenes are skippable in this one?

The gameplay was great in U2, but the LOL SHAMBALALA cutscenes were terrible and cheesy as all shit.

Yoboman

MechaX said:
It's gotten to the point where I genuinely can't tell who is being serious but..

... They are completely different genres and would be exactly akin to comparing apples to oranges.
Oranges are nutritionally superior due to their high levels of vitamin C

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Some of you guys take the troll bait way too easily. If an across the board well scored game is like this I cannot wait to see the BF3 console review thread. I'd say the same of MW3 but I don't think 7.5s across the board would even impact that game at all, let alone the 8.5 to 9.0s it is likely to get.

Looks like my earlier prediction was right though. The review average will end up being less than UC2, despite many of the reviews saying it is the better game. If standards change that much in two years on the same hardware, I feel bad for people making launch titles on the next round of systems.

Cruzader

Banned
richisawesome said:
Probably a bad thread to ask, but has any reviews stated whether the cutscenes are skippable in this one?

The gameplay was great in U2, but the LOL SHAMBALALA cutscenes were terrible and cheesy as all shit.
They were on the 2nd one.....

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Jarmel said:
And why could this not be in the review? I'm aware you're not the writer but complaints like this are perfectly valid. Did Miller not care at all about that aspect?

Also I'm not sure how it can be much more linear than 2 as 2 was pretty linear already.

*shrug*

Greg doesn't tell me what to put in my reviews. I'm just posting in this thread as a guy. Not as an "IGN guy."

I didn't even know anything about his review (besides the score) before it went live.

I don't even write about console games - I'm our iOS reviewer :D

reKon

Banned
mickeyb1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom