• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vampire Baseball said:
I love how everyone is loving the IGN review. I guess IGN dosent suck shit when it gives your game a 10, eh?

Hmmm I guess you missed a page or two back when people were laughing about the IGN writers divorce.

Loudninja said:
Bruce said tomorrow.

wGXps.gif

jim-jam bongs said:
The only 10/10 you should care about is yours.
Well when I have a 60 dollar game preordered its reassuring to see that people are greatly enjoying it. I don't know how else to phrase that.

Edit: and please don't interpret that as me saying I only play 10/10 omg masterpiece! games.

lol Sessler gave it a 4/5? Not really excited for this game (not a big fan of Uncharted and I thought the demo was bad), but I thought for sure Sessler would give it a perfect score. His talks about Uncharted 2 made it seem like he thought that was the greatest game of all time...

darkwing

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
lol Sessler gave it a 4/5? Not really excited for this game (not a big fan of Uncharted and I thought the demo was bad), but I thought for sure Sessler would give it a perfect score. His talks about Uncharted 2 made it seem like he thought that was the greatest game of all time...

that was the problem, said something like UC3 was released too soon after UC2

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Why are 4/5 reviews considered good but 8/10 are somehow average?

Like, that's not how math works. edit: also hwo the fuck do review threads get to ninety pages for god's sake

Nert

To Far Away Times said:
This thread is a warzone, I'll be backing out slowly.

Actually, yeah, I'm going to bail out too. I'm worried that my lame attempts at sarcasm will be taken seriously at some point as things get crazier.

Only a 94 at Metacritic, huh?

Well time to hang myself. We had a good run Drake, but 3 games was just 1 too many.

That's a joke, but what I do take offense with is when a reviewer docks points for it "Doing nothing new". Well no shit, it's a sequel. They rarely change. I'm not saying stagnation is ok, but if they refined it, made it better, etc. then why wouldn't you give it at least the same score as the predecessor, it only makes sense (unless you gave the predecessor a 10 and don't think it lives up to that) but shouldn't necessarily do a 1 point for good measure kind of thing, because then that just seems weird.

The issue with most of these reviews that dock off points is that the content of the review just doesn't read like the score given. Joystiq gave a great score, but with the way he jizzed over every aspect of the game, why'd he feel the need to dock 0.5 points because it's a "retread"?

Oh well, that's why reviews are opinions and they don't really mean dick in the grand scheme of things.

Blood Will Tell is one of my favorite action games ever, but I'm sure none of you give a crap or agree with me.

I don't know why i'm posting anymore.

Loudninja

Gamespot review
The Good

Lots of exciting tactics in combat
Expertly designed levels reward experimentation
Great pacing
Excellent presentation including visuals, voice acting, and music
Exciting competitive and cooperative play.

The Bad

Slight AI flaws
Stiff platforming limits creativity.

All of these different modes and gameplay types look phenomenal, thanks to impressive technology and strong artistic design. A stirring soundtrack beautifully complements your journey, drifting between hard-edged riffs and delicate acoustics, depending on the situation. Everything that Drake's Deception attempts, it pulls off with flying colors. This is a beautiful, cohesive, and, most importantly, fun adventure that cements the Uncharted franchise as one of the best around. More of a good thing is welcome here. You'll laugh with joy, yelp with excitement, and, above all else, be thankful that you're playing something as expertly crafted as Drake's Deception.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/review.html

24FrameDaVinci said:
Back up to 94 on Metacritic for those of you on suicide watch.

LOL

I think reviews/metascore aren't as high as Uncharted 2's because people had no clue how batshit insane 2 was gonna be. In Uncharted 3, people were expecting things to be batshit insane.

Gvaz

Banned
EloquentM said:
Are you guys still mocking?
They have nothing more productive to do about a game that hasn't even been released yet.

Waiting for the inevitable meltdowns "It wasn't as good as these reviews said!!"

Loudninja

darkwing said:
really like this one, i'm going to try and stealth the stealthable levels
Yeah the gamespot review is really good, this is the type of details I want to hear!

The beauty of Uncharted's combat is that you can dispatch foes in a variety of ways, and all of them feel incredibly empowering. The key is the expertly designed levels. Drake's Deception is a cover-based, third-person shooter; thus, chest-high walls populate many of your encounters. But those familiar structures aren't used as a crutch here. Verticality gives you the option to climb around like a gun-toting monkey if you prefer, getting the drop on lackadaisical foes. If a man with a rocket launcher is forcing you to hunker behind a piece of debris, fear not; you can smoothly leap from cover, shimmy up a nearby wall, and sprint pell-mell across a rooftop. Grab a sniper rifle on the way if you want to handle him from afar or a shotgun if you'd like to pop him right in the head. Toss grenades at the group of enemies hiding by that well, man the turret once you finish off its previous operator, or sprint past everyone until you make it to the door that marks your safety. Versatile level design lets you choose how to go about killing your pesky foes in Drake's Deception, and rock-solid controls ensure every action you want to perform can be pulled off without any hesitation.

Mama Robotnik said:
We were the tallest Pillar of Dignity in the industry until this great shame. Now we're a laughing stock stripped of our honour.

Now is the time for sombre and mature reflection
until Gamespot drops their 8.8 bomb
I hope you will be as outspoken in the Zelda thread, when or if shit hits the fan.

-TK-

The two previous games were good but nothing too special, so I'm getting this later when it's cheaper.

And people crying for those "8" reviews.. Can't believe what I'm reading just now.

Often I think that games journalism is responsible for how bad games journalism is, but then I read threads like this and realise that maybe it's actually the gamers who are at fault.

Loudninja

U3 mutiplayer mode is packed full of content, 3 different co-op modes and 5 competitive modes with 11 maps.

Co-op modes:
Adventure
Arena
Hunters

Competitive modes:
Team Deathmatch
Free for all
2vs2vs2
Plunder
Hardcore mode

rdrr gnr

Loudninja said:
U3 mutiplayer mode is packed full of content, 3 different co-op modes and 5 competitive modes with 10 maps.
It's not content that makes a multiplayer mode good. Uncharted 3's MP is an utter disappointment.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Hydrogen Bluebird said:
LOL

I think reviews/metascore aren't as high as Uncharted 2's because people had no clue how batshit insane 2 was gonna be. In Uncharted 3, people were expecting things to be batshit insane.

you solved the thread.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I for one liked the IGN review. Nothing wrong with a man showing his love for a game. Writing style doesnt always have to be "professional" ya know. The more heart felt style hits home harder to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom