• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

Yoboman said:
I'd actually say the people legitimately crying about the Eurogamer review was short lived before everybody mocked them for about 10 hours

Shhhh... Shush you! We need to fabricate a legendary meltdown of sorts. This needs to be done. People in years to come will say "remember that Uncharted 3 thread? hohohoh Just crazy people in there! Even twitter trends caught on the crazy... Remember the wall of shame? Ah Good times, good times..."

legend166

sosage said:
wtf has happened to the review scale? Who fucked this up so bad that an entire generation of NeoGAF thinks 7's and 8's are bad scores? Whoever you are, I hope you're fucking ashamed of yourself.

Now don't get me wrong in any way, shape or form - I think the people that went crazy over an 8 from Eurogamer are insane, and I personally have probably read three to four video game reviews in the last four years - but from the majority of the video game press, it's pretty clear that 7s and 8s are actually bad scores. Especially is the game had a big marketing budget behind it. That's why it's all so stupid.

Gustav

Banned
Yoboman said:
I'd actually say the people legitimately crying about the Eurogamer review was short lived before everybody mocked them for about 10 hours

I think calling people mentally ill is a little more than mocking. Also, don't forget the two pages of insults directed at Greg Miller. And to top it off, some ironic "stay classy" and "lol the immature children" coming from the same people calling other users idiots, mentally ill and making fun of a persons divorce.

Man, how incredibly idiotic, immature and mentally Ill one must be when thinking an 8 is on the low side for an Uncharted game (which it actually is when you look at the spectrum, but nevermind).

1-5 - insulting score given as punishment
5-6 - fun low budget game
7 - big budget but awful
8 - big budget and decent
9 - big budget and good
10 - first party exclusive

SmokyDave

Gustav said:
I think calling people mentally ill is a little more than mocking. Also, don't forget the two pages of insults directed at Greg Miller. And to top it off, some ironic "stay classy" and "lol the immature children" coming from the same people calling other users idiots, mentally ill and making fun of a persons divorce.

Man, how incredibly idiotic, immature and mentally Ill one must be when thinking an 8 is on the low side for an Uncharted game (which it actually is when you look at the spectrum, but nevermind).
Do you need a hug?

Come on, come to Big Dave....

butter_stick said:
7 - big budget but awful
9 - big budget and good
7 can also be a brilliant low budget game. But other than that you are spot on

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SmokyDave said:
Do you need a hug?

SmokyDave
His head smashed in and his heart cut out and his liver removed and his bowels unplugged and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...
(Today, 05:48 PM)

StuBurns

Banned
butter_stick said:
7 - big budget but awful
9 - big budget and good
Aren't the two highest rated games this generation GTA4 and Batman AC?

Gustav

Banned
SmokyDave said:
Do you need a hug?

Sorry man, I have been an immature, idiotic, mentally ill child for thinking Uncharted 3 is better than an eight. It will never happen again, I promise. From now on I will laugh at people, mock them relentlessly, make fun of a persons blog and their divorce like any normal, well adjusted person does.

plufim

butter_stick said:
7 - big budget but awful
9 - big budget and good
And gaming journalists wonder why no-one takes their profession seriously.

SmokyDave

Gustav said:
Sorry man, I have been an immature, idiotic, mentally ill child for thinking Uncharted 3 is better than an eight. It will never happen again, I promise. From now on I will laugh at people, mock them relentlessly, make fun of a persons blog and their divorce like any normal, well adjusted person does.
Unless you've played it to completion, you are pretty crackers for having a definite opinion on what score the game should receive. You're literally trying to tell someone else (the reviewer) what to think.

The rest of your emotional flappings are falling on cold, deaf ears. I'm a veteran of the 16-Bit wars.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Would be funny if Eurogamer correct the score to a 7.

Just for the lulz

StuBurns

Banned
AniHawk said:
sure, if by gta iv and batman ac you mean super mario galaxy and superior mario galaxy.
GTA4 is 98, higher than both SMGs, however I wasn't really counting the Wii given the fact it has virtually no serious third party support, but I guess that is true of that one platform, it's not of the other two though.

98 - GTA4
96 - Batman AC
96 - Uncharted 2
95 - LittleBigPlanet
95 - Red Dead Redemption
95 - Portal 2
94 - Modern Warfare 2
94 - Modern Warfare

94 - BioShock
94 - Mass Effect 2

98 - GTA4
96 - BioShock
96 - The Orange Box
96 - Mass Effect 2
95 - Batman AC
95 - Portal 2

94 - Gears of War
94 - Oblivion
94 - Halo 3
94 - Modern Warfare

KAOz

Short bus special
AniHawk said:
sure, if by gta iv and batman ac you mean super mario galaxy and superior mario galaxy.

But GTA IV is higher rated than both Galaxies.
Otherwise, yes, Galaxy and Galaxy 2.

And Batman AC shares the same score as Uncharted 2.

But, seriously here, Uncharted 1 has a Metacritic of 88 or something. I enjoyed the fuck out of that, and it made me a fan of the franchise. Just be glad that Uncharted 3 is in 90's instead, it doesn't need a perfect score everywhere. I look forward to it just as much as both the past games.

Yeah, this thread is a tiny bit scary really.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
96 for Batman AC is from the PS3 version afaik and it has only 16 reviews or something. I think the 360 version would be a better indicator.

Jimrpg

Wallach said:
No, the Eurogamer review is actually quite good.

actually i thought the eurogamer review was pretty crappy to be honest.

I mean Uncharted games always make you feel good inside, and he says this in his review many times that its a crowd pleaser... so why be a whiney little bitch about it.... the guy was just in a bad mood... I'm not saying 8/10 is bad... but his review made it sound like he was having a moan about anything that uncharted wanted to be. if uncharted was open world, he would probably have labelled it as unfocused and confused.

arbok26 said:

I mean Uncharted games always make you feel good inside, and he says this in his review many times that its a crowd pleaser... so why be a whiney little bitch about it.... the guy was just in a bad mood... I'm not saying 8/10 is bad... but his review made it sound like he was having a moan about anything that uncharted wanted to be. if uncharted was open world, he would probably have labelled it as unfocused and confused.
That meanie.

AniHawk

KAOz said:
But GTA IV is higher rated than both Galaxies.
Otherwise, yes, Galaxy and Galaxy 2.

oh, people are using metacritic. i always used gamerankings. it has more decimal points for more accuracy.

spekkeh

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
what's wrong with the eurogamer review? it's well written and soundly argued.

It's actually one of the best reviews on the game, of one of the more sane websites. Which is of course why everyone is having such a meltdown about it. It's hilarious but I still wouldn't mind NeoGAF instating an age limit.

spekkeh

Banned
arbok26 said:

So what if he had a bad mood. I play games when I'm in a bad mood too sometimes.

Wallach

arbok26 said:

lmao

Gustav

Banned
SmokyDave said:
Unless you've played it to completion, you are pretty crackers for having a definite opinion on what score the game should receive.

The rest of your emotional flappings are falling on cold, deaf ears. I'm a veteran of the 16-Bit wars.

Okay, from now on I will never have an opinion again if I haven't played a game to completion. Just a couple of questions. Is completion when I have all the trophies or is it enough when I finish the singeplayer? How many hours of multiplayer must I have played?

Also I hope you abide by the same rules. You clearly wouldn't want to come off as crackers or even mentally ill.

iratA

Anti-spoiler GAF assemble: I'm busting my left tit to see or read a review of Uncharted 3. Can someone point me to some of the least spoiler filled reviews out there. Just for reference I've seen
the start of the cargo plane and chateau sequences,
and thats about it.

Fantastic reviews across the board! So psyched for this, everyone seems to be saying U3 is equal or better than Among Thieves, that's high praise as U2 is one of my favourite games of the last few years.

Everyone knows this game is in the running for GOTY. It will have to really impress me to beat out Portal 2 though.

Also WTF at the backlash for the game scoring an 8. Some loopy mofo's in here...

Gustav

Banned
Appollowexx said:
Fantastic reviews across the board! So psyched for this, everyone seems to be saying U3 is equal or better than Among Thieves, that's high praise as U2 is one of my favourite games of the last few years.

Everyone knows this game is in the running for GOTY. It will have to really impress me to beat out Portal 2 though.

Also WTF at the backlash for the game scoring an 8. Some loopy mofo's in here...

Lol, yeah. What a bunch of idiots. Lololololollolllo. You immature children. Suck it, you insane fan boys. Having a meltdown, huh? I bet they are all crying and like contemplating suicide. No wonder they were divorced. Llolollollol. Stay classy, you fanboys.

Jimrpg

Wallach said:

don't get me wrong - the IGN written review was worse...

but yeah i was surprised by eurogamer's review - I'm a regular visitor and usually they 'get' the game they are trying to review. I don't think they did this time around.

SmokyDave

Gustav said:
Okay, from now on I will never have an opinion again if I haven't played a game to completion. Just a couple of questions. Is completion when I have all the trophies or is it enough when I finish the singeplayer? How many hours of multiplayer must I have played?

Also I hope you abide by the same rules. You clearly wouldn't want to come off as crackers or even mentally ill.
You should certainly play ~50% of the single player if you're going to make a definitive statement like "Uncharted 3 is better than an 8". Even then, I hope you recognise that the reviewer has every right to disagree with you.

I already come off as mentally ill but it's got fuck all to do with review scores ;)

V_Arnold

Gustav said:
Lol, yeah. What a bunch of idiots. Lololololollolllo. You immature children. Suck it, you insane fan boys. Having a meltdown, huh? I bet they are all crying and like contemplating suicide. No wonder they were divorced. Llolollollol. Stay classy, you fanboys.

Dat double standards! It is okay to flip out on a dude who has a different opinion than the ones you prefer, but if you flip someone else out by your immature one-liner opinion, then you have a right to feel threatened and violated, right?

Mr_Zombie

arbok26 said:

He wasn't a "whiny little bitch", he just disliked the type of game Uncharted is, ie. highly linear interactive movie that keeps player strictly within a script. There are many linear games that still allows you to "play" the game; where platforming does require skills, where you have to explore the levels (not only as a side quest to hunt for treasures, but as a main aspect of the game) and think when solving puzzles. As someone already said in the thread, most games are linear, the main difference is how wide corridors are.

Not sure what the big deal is considering Gears 3 also scored an 8 at eurogamer, no need to get upset, and no need for others to be disingeneous and pretend they have no dog in this fight while still somehow feel the urge to "lolz at the fanboyz". Hopefully people will get this shit out of their systems when the OT launches.

Gustav

Banned
V_Arnold said:
Dat double standards! It is okay to flip out on a dude who has a different opinion than the ones you prefer, but if you flip someone else out by your immature one-liner opinion, then you have a right to feel threatened and violated, right?

Please link to where I insulted the reviewer or posted an one liner opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom