• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I feel like ghost is a super common booster. I play without music on, and time and time again the enemy pops up 5 feet away without so much as a twig snap to signal their arrival.

Awesome, lost 45 points because my internet caused me to drop.

I can't even log in to MP right now so it might not have been your internet's fault. It says "Unable to verify your NAT." I know PSN is having issues at the moment but I am signed in and can see friends online, etc, including some playing Uncharted MP.

Mr Git

I feel like ghost is a super common booster. I play without music on, and time and time again the enemy pops up 5 feet away without so much as a twig snap to signal their arrival.

All of my loadouts have stealth + ghost and silenced weapons. It's great, but yeah definitely seen lots of others go the same way.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Everyone should be rocking helping hand 3 in TDM, but alas it's rare to get fully revived and quickly too.

Wish there was a disclaimer in evey TDM match that says to do everything you can to deny the enemy of KO's. It amazes me that a lot of people don't get this concept and always just run past you when you're in the down state and not even once attempt to revive anyone. It's very frustrating especially since I always roll with medic bags and play the support role for TDM.

Edit: there's a live update today too

arne said:
Hello community! (remember me? lol)

We have pushed our latest live update. The main thing to notice in this update are the updates to Ranked Team Deathmatch, specifically surrounding Master Rank.

Live Update .025
MULTIPLAYER
The Master Rank scoring system for Ranked TDM has been adjusted:
The skill-rating benchmark for points earned and lost have been lowered to match player population behavior
Point earnings have been adjusted to be more forgiving and in-line with the intended point earnings for players
Updated thresholds for Master Rank skill rating system
Fixed XP score earnings for Plunder
Feedback from our community has been invaluable as we look at and make updates to Ranked Team Deathmatch. We’ll continue to monitor RTDM and make adjustments as necessary in Season 1, and also apply all we’ve learned and player feedback into Season 2.

If you run into any issues, please report them here: http://feedback.naughtydog.com/forums/363840-uncharted-4
Our full list of patch notes are available here : https://www.unchartedthegame.com/patch-notes

Creaking

Improvements to ranked score! Just what I was asking for! I don't expect it to be as steep of a change as I wanted, but any improvement is a good improvement.

Not entirely sure what they mean by

The skill-rating benchmark for points earned and lost have been lowered to match player population behavior

this though. Kinda wish they'd provide exact numbers and details as to how it works now. Before, if you lost, you lost 12 points. If you won, you earned 20 points. If you were one of the top two players on either team you got a 4 point bonus or loss deduction. I'd like to know what those values are now, or what instances specifically have been affected. I'd check it out myself, but I'm kinda supposed to be working on a presentation.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
grinded for another 3000 relics and got two boosters I dont care about or use, fuck this game I'm out. If winning games least gave me 50 relics I would be fine with it but so long.

Everyone should be rocking helping hand 3 in TDM, but alas it's rare to get fully revived and quickly too.

Wish there was a disclaimer in evey TDM match that says to do everything you can to deny the enemy of KO's. It amazes me that a lot of people don't get this concept and always just run past you when you're in the down state and not even once attempt to revive anyone. It's very frustrating especially since I always roll with medic bags and play the support role for TDM.

Edit: there's a live update today too

I honestly never experience this

Teammates always revive me, some making very risky saves

The biggest peeves are idiots who touch the idol when we're trying to force a reset or command when teams dont defend flags

Btw, after playing plunder, it's clear path of indra is a great mystical for it. Especially on big maps like Scotland

Creaking

Trying to play TDM with randoms

giphy.gif

Foxxsoxx

grinded for another 3000 relics and got two boosters I dont care about or use, fuck this game I'm out. If winning games least gave me 50 relics I would be fine with it but so long.

): yeah the relic system is horribly unrewarding in every way. It is such a fun game was a really bad progression system which saddens me because it could be so much better.

I honestly never experience this

Teammates always revive me, some making very risky saves

The biggest peeves are idiots who touch the idol when we're trying to force a reset or command when teams dont defend flags

Btw, after playing plunder, it's clear path of indra is a great mystical for it. Especially on big maps like Scotland

I mean, i get revived by randoms often, but there's also a good number of people who seem completely oblivious. Yesterday i had a guy taunt an enemy beside me that he didn't even down (i did), get the KO and then run off while leaving me to bleed out. That was with a close score in the 30s. We lost 38 - 40.

nel e nel

I never said that segregation isn't possible. They can add 100 playlists if they want.

I was talking about late joins. Only solo players can late join matches. Parties cannot do that in ND games (I've seen it in Killzone, but that game has different netcode/server infrastructure).

If one player quits a party match or if it's a Po5 vs Po4 from the get-go, someone has to fill up that spot. It's a necessary evil to avoid UC2-esque lopsided matches. No Party won't fix that. Even in TLOU MP sometimes you late joined party matches while being in the solo playlists.

There's already a hidden algorithm (you don't see it in the matchmaking menu/UI as an option) that prioritizes matching parties with parties and solos with solos.

Do you want ND to disable late joins in party playlists? That would make parties of 5 even stronger than they already are.

I say NO to party splits (especially now with Party Chat) and longer matchmaking times.

Yeah, but we're talking ranked TDM, and as far as I can tell, that playlist does not allow late joins. Only the unranked playlists do.

Hell I just today heard a little kid on the mic complaining about carrying randoms.

I agree it's really frustrating in TDM, even more so when it's super obvious you're losing and no one votes to forfeit. "We're losing 15-1? I think we can pull this off."

Velurian

Yeah, but we're talking ranked TDM, and as far as I can tell, that playlist does not allow late joins. Only the unranked playlists do.

this is correct - ranked TDM does not allow late joins, solo or not.
having a very strict "no party" playlist would take away those solo players from parties of 4. in essence, you'd be waiting as a party of 4 for much longer than as a party of 5.

Josh378

giphy.gif

YES, story of my life. I pick my healing/support build, the team decides to split up into three groups. Oh and BTW, were playing against a good 5 man party that sticks together and protect against backdoor ganks. My favorite is the one guy on my team that thinks he can run in front and fight 5vs1 by himself. (shakes head)

this is correct - ranked TDM does not allow late joins, solo or not.
having a very strict "no party" playlist would take away those solo players from parties of 4. in essence, you'd be waiting as a party of 4 for much longer than as a party of 5.

They had a no-party playlist in TLoU and I don't understand why they can't do the same here. It doesn't have to be "no parties" and "parties only"--that party of 4 would still be able to find a 5th, they just need to be searching in the "parties allowed" playlist, just like in TLoU.

They had a no-party playlist in TLoU and I don't understand why they can't do the same here. It doesn't have to be "no parties" and "parties only"--that party of 4 would still be able to find a 5th, they just need to be searching in the "parties allowed" playlist, just like in TLoU.
It's a bad idea, because later down the line, the player pool will have shrunk significantly and it will be really hard to find players in certain playlists. I mean, it's already hard enough to find players in Plunder and this game is barely 2 months old. What will happen if they also decide to add Classic, Elimination, 3TDM, FFA etc.?

TLOU suffered from this segregation, especially the PS3 version. I'm glad they're not going to repeat these mistakes (paid DLC maps + no party/parties).

Now I realize that some people may not care about this game in 2017-2018 (too many cool games coming out), but there are people who will keep playing this game for 2-3 years.

When you're solo, you'll find solo players 90% of the time. It's not that bad
(except in Ranked)

It's not always a bad idea to flank the enemy.

Usually, it's a really great idea to have one of your teammates approach from the back and throw the enemy team off.
Agreed. The "sandwich method" works, as long as you know what you're doing.

What sucks about late join is you get at best $800 in cash and then no treasures ever spawn on the map.

$800 is nothing. Can easily get $2000+ from treasures during the game, not to mention the lost cash from the game time that you missed.

See, this is weird. I've been getting treasures during late join games.

Also, you totally quit out of a game we randomly got put on the same team on yesterday. :p

See, this is weird. I've been getting treasures during late join games.

Also, you totally quit out of a game we randomly got put on the same team on yesterday. :p

It depends when you join, if you join late enough to get $600 or more treasures usually don't appear.

I quit out of lots of games, 90% of late joins I quit, laggy matches I quit, sometimes if I see my teammates are doing awful I give up the carry depending how the opponents are doing, if it's a close game I'll stick about.

That said, this username is not my PSN ID. I wasn't on last night, unless you mean very late US time, it was this morning for me.

Why not just do away with ranked and make it a party only mode? And then make tdm no-parties?

We dont need ranked to have competitive play.

Or maybe parties dont even matter. A good team of no parties can play well too. If only matchmaking can find equal opponents

KylieDog, right?

I think the weapon grind keeps me in games no matter what. The wins don't matter so much as long as I'm doing well and getting my downs for the next unlock. That shit's addicting.

Creaking

Usually, it's a really great idea to have one of your teammates approach from the back and throw the enemy team off.

More often than not, the splitting up I'm talking about happens long before the enemy is located, with no direction or purpose.

Nev

Banned
Why are parties allowed in RTDM again? This is absurd.

Whatever, Remnants is THE worst Uncharted map ever. All of the maps in this game are a severe downgrade in terms of design from what they made in Uncharted 2 and 3.

Like, bring classic maps back as soon as possible please, the only maps I like are Rooftops and River because there is some actual verticality. The rest are all London Streets tier.

Also, how are people so fucking bad at this game? I don't expect them to carry me but holy goddamn christ, how come 80% of the matches I'm playing with people that finish the game with less than half my score and ignore people who are down right in front of them? And why do they fucking play ranked? Jesus, stick to single player in explorer.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man if regular TDM can be frustrating with randoms sometimes, I cannot imagine ranked. I don't intend to ever touch that mode. Fuck that.

I'm actually glad the ranked rewards suck balls. I would never, ever use any of them. So I just avoid the mode, at least until a no parties playlist is added.

I like the maps. Not as good as UC2 maps, but I sadly dont see ND trying any classic maps

I dont know why more people dont use power weapons. Saved my ass multiple times in command tonight

Drencrom

giphy.gif

LMAO

Sure, but that ain't what most randos have in mind tho. They just go "lone wolf" and feed kills to the enemy teams and leave other players in the dust camping behind some ledge instead of helping out etc.

Nev

Banned
Expecting all of the previous maps is unrealistic, but I definitely expect and hope they bring back a "best of" set of some sort.

I'd chose Village, Sanctuary, Highrise, Desert Village and Yemen.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
One thing I find funny is that Sam has more personality in the MP than he ever did in the SP.

And speaking of that, I've said it before and I'll say it again....I LOVE the dialogue in this game. It's the best in the series and I'm so glad naughty dog went all out on the dialogue for the MP. they deserve so much props and I'm glad they listened to all the feedback of more dialogue. I am really hoping they add future new characters with awesome dialogue.

Nev

Banned
I agree, the fact that they speak so much is one of the best additions to the MP. Some of them have far better dialogue than others though, Elena for instance is pretty weak.

What I don't understand is the presence of Knot and Orca. Maybe they had an actual role in the story before they got scrapped? Otherwise I don't understand why they are there, nobody likes them, they're not actual characters and their dialogue is bland. They're basically generic grunts. The fact that they're playable instead of Pinkerton or even Draza is baffling.

Caleranatior

Neo Member
I agree, the fact that they speak so much is one of the best additions to the MP. Some of them have far better dialogue than others though, Elena for instance is pretty weak.

What I don't understand is the presence of Knot and Orca. Maybe they had an actual role in the story before they got scrapped? Otherwise I don't understand why they are there, nobody likes them, they're not actual characters and their dialogue is bland. They're basically generic grunts. The fact that they're playable instead of Pinkerton or even Draza is baffling.

They were made specifically to fill out the villains team for the beta as Rafe and Nadine hadn't been revealed at the time. Then they were put into the story after that, probably just replacing some other generic Shoreline guys as Nadine's chief goons. Obviously there was no point just throwing away all the work they'd done on them so they kept them in for the final MP too.

They were made specifically to fill out the villains team for the beta as Rafe and Nadine hadn't been revealed at the time. Then they were put into the story after that, probably just replacing some other generic Shoreline guys as Nadine's chief goons. Obviously there was no point just throwing away all the work they'd done on them so they kept them in for the final MP too.

Actually people have the impression that they were built for the story, which they were then cut out of, most likely when it shifted from Amy's interpretation.

The biggest clue to this is the fact that Elena has a line which says 'ha, you were cut out of the story' when killing these characters in multiplayer.

giphy.gif

The tick rate doesn't help solo players at all as it prevents retreat. Even if a team mate I know is capable is alone, if the enemy team turn on them then they usually die. You get shot in the back while running away, considerably after you've already taken cover.

There have been many occasions where I've said things like 'That guys going to die in the next 5 seconds' and sure enough, they're dead. It's very rare that solo players achieve anything unless they engage at the same time as the rest of your team. Some less conventional mysticals can help with that, like Djin and Indra as you can retreat and engage more safely.

Caleranatior

Neo Member
Actually people have the impression that they were built for the story, which they were then cut out of, most likely when it shifted from Amy's interpretation.

The biggest clue to this is the fact that Elena has a line which says 'ha, you were cut out of the story' when killing these characters in multiplayer.

I'm just going off what one of the devs said on one of their streams, but that may well actually be the case. I thought Elena's "you're cut from the story" could be said to anyone though and was just a vaguely journalist related thing.

Creaking

I'm pretty sure that's just Elena doing her "I'm a journalist" thing. She has a lot of lines relating to that.

I'm just going off what one of the devs said on one of their streams, but that may well actually be the case. I thought Elena's "you're cut from the story" could be said to anyone though and was just a vaguely journalist related thing.

Oh maybe, people on reddit seemed to interpret it as cue to why they were missing dialogue in the singleplayer. I didn't think of it that way, but doesn't she only say it to those two characters? Otherwise she would say it to everyone.

Interesting observation. I'd be willing to pay full price for Amy's
TLOU kool aid™-free
version.

The tick rate doesn't help solo players at all as it prevents retreat. Even if a team mate I know is capable is alone, if the enemy team turn on them then they usually die. You get shot in the back while running away, considerably after you've already taken cover.

There have been many occasions where I've said things like 'That guys going to die in the next 5 seconds' and sure enough, they're dead. It's very rare that solo players achieve anything unless they engage at the same time as the rest of your team. Some less conventional mysticals can help with that, like Djin and Indra as you can retreat and engage more safely.
So much TRUTH in this post!

This explains why I was doing just fine against parties of 5 in TLOU MP during the experimental 30 Hz weekend... when they reverted it back to 15 Hz, I just couldn't do anything against them.

I wish people realized that we don't need stupid solo/parties segregation. :( Tickrate tweaking could fix so many things in this game...

The problem with 30 Hz is that it doubles bandwidth usage and that means it will go from ~500 Kbps to 1000 Kbps. Going to 60 Hz would quadruple the bandwidth requirements -> 500 * 4 = 2000 Kbps (all ADSL users would be thrown out of the player pool).

I'd be fine with a middle ground solution (30 Hz for pubs) and all the way up to 60 Hz for customs, but Sony/ND think that it's more important that Pablo from Argentina will be able to play the MP, even though he cannot afford to buy Uncharted Points. Whatever.

deicide2673

Neo Member
I apologise in advance if there is a lfg forum but cannot find anything. Really enjoying the MP but none of my friends play so if you are on ps4 and are a mature ish gamer then fr me deicide2673.
Cheers

I dont know why more people dont use power weapons. Saved my ass multiple times in command tonight

Heavy Weapons are outclassed by literally everything else that could possibly use your loadout points- boosters, mysticals, gear, and mods.

To make them actually worthwhile, I think they should be automatic KOs using the same number of shots that the downs currently do and give a Heavy Weapon KO cash amount of $100.

I apologise in advance if there is a lfg forum but cannot find anything. Really enjoying the MP but none of my friends play so if you are on ps4 and are a mature ish gamer then fr me deicide2673.
Cheers

There's a community for neogaf UC4 on the PS4 you could join that and probably add people from there.

Some of us also have a separate community and chat going for ranked play.

You can add me if you like, Chronospherics.

So much TRUTH in this post!

This explains why I was doing just fine against parties of 5 in TLOU MP during the experimental 30 Hz weekend... when they reverted it back to 15 Hz, I just couldn't do anything against them.

I wish people realized that we don't need stupid solo/parties segregation. :( Tickrate tweaking could fix so many things in this game...

The problem with 30 Hz is that it doubles bandwidth usage and that means it will go from ~500 Kbps to 1000 Kbps. Going to 60 Hz would quadruple the bandwidth requirements -> 500 * 4 = 2000 Kbps (all ADSL users would be thrown out of the player pool).

I'd be fine with a middle ground solution (30 Hz for pubs) and all the way up to 60 Hz for customs, but Sony/ND think that it's more important that Pablo from Argentina will be able to play the MP, even though he cannot afford to buy Uncharted Points. Whatever.

It might also be an issue because the game doesn't have dedicated servers. If you're running 30 hz then that higher bandwidth is all running through the host of the peer to peer network in UC4, which means that host needs to have good upload.

I don't think it uses anywhere near 500 kbs though. People say Black Ops 3 uses about 15meg up down / hour gameplay when you're not hosting, and I remember the other Call of Duty games used to use 60kbs or so. Not a lot for multiplayer gaming.

Top Bottom