• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
They could be players split from their party and don't want to hurt their friends. It's really annoying. And Creaking, you were just as bad as him in that clip!

He kept it up for four matches though. I messed around for a minute, then started playing normally after I died.

So I totally forgot this, but in the beta, you could find relics around the map.

While I dont like the idea of people ignoring the game to pick up relics, I do wish we had another means of Relic income.

Parting Gift is treasures isn't it? No relics.

Yes, unfortunately. But at least it helps in-game. On a separate note I had the most bizarre match on Remnants today. We dominated something like 40-10, but after I died for the first and only time the entire match, my stats said 6 Downs/KOs and 4 deaths. It's like the game counted my death 4x, but only on the stats page--the in-game counter was correct. Either that or my stats got switched with someone else's somehow. Lastly, when I went to replay the match it didn't give me the entire game, only about half (8 minutes).

Something similarly kooky happened on Remnants a few days ago where the game said I was late joining, but when I joined the score was 0-1 and I was the only person on the map for about 2 minutes. Then, everyone joined at once and we played for about 5 minutes until all of a sudden the map hard crashed and it was game over. The map, not my PS4. The scoreboard said I was the only person in the game but I had no score at all, even though t did have downs, KO's, and deaths lol. Something is up with Remnants. Doesn't surprise me as it's the worst map lol.

How come Brazil has 3 bars in this game while they barely had 1 bar in the previous ones?

Because the connection indicators in games generally have become increasingly more lenient so as to lead everyone to believe that the games netcode is more polished than it actually is.

It's the same on other games, like Call of Duty. 3 bar places people in the 100-200 ms category. I consider, at least the upper end of that range, an entirely unsatisfactory connection between players, bordering on being unplayable.

It's helped because latency compensation helps mask the issues between higher latency players, making the 3 bar seem almost believable.

A guy hit me on the head with a grenade before when I was with a team of friends.

I remember saying "guys this guy just hit me in the face with a nade, I'm gonna' go down, please revive". I downed the guy as he threw it luckily.

It actually looked really odd when it happened on my screen because I was in a spot where the camera was pulled pretty close to my character since I was next to a wall, so it gave me a closeup of the grenade.

Ready to drop this game if they don't offer a No Parties playlist.

Eh, sometimes the "parties" you see aren't actual parties. Hell, I'm actually a little more coordinated when I play with randoms because I'll just follow a person around and shoot at the dudes they're shooting at simply because I don't trust them to get the job done alone.When I'm playing with friends I usually let them do their own thing because I know they can handle more than one enemy at a time.

Eh, sometimes the "parties" you see aren't actual parties. Hell, I'm actually a little more coordinated when I play with randoms because I'll just follow a person around and shoot at the dudes they're shooting at simply because I don't trust them to get the job done alone.When I'm playing with friends I usually let them do their own thing because I know they can handle more than one enemy at a time.

This is true. Ive played with randoms a lot, and am always amazed at how we all manage to work as a true party. Sticking close, reviving, marking for each other.

I love it when the whole team tries to claim an area to prepare for a shootout. You have some guys out front, one guy climbs to a higher spot, and someone else stays back to watch for a flank. Really solid sense of teamwork

Rajang

Spent another 3k on the gameplay DLC chest.

This time I got:

- Hardened booster (which I wanted)
- Enforcer G26

Anyone use the Hardened booster yet? I wanted the booster because I used something similar in TLOU Factions. Worked so well in 1v1 gunfights.

So far I spent 9k and unlocked: Harbringer heavy weapon, P90, Hardened booster, Enforcer G26.

Because the connection indicators in games generally have become increasingly more lenient so as to lead everyone to believe that the games netcode is more polished than it actually is.

It's the same on other games, like Call of Duty. 3 bar places people in the 100-200 ms category. I consider, at least the upper end of that range, an entirely unsatisfactory connection between players, bordering on being unplayable.

It's helped because latency compensation helps mask the issues between higher latency players, making the 3 bar seem almost believable.
Figured that much. I don't think that Brazil got that much closer to Europe in a couple of years...

It's a shame that companies treat us like retards that don't know what milliseconds are...
and then we wonder why the "console peasants" stereotype exists. :\

I joined a game in progress and 4 of the 5 players were all using the exact same character, wearing the exact same outfit, with the exact same clown nose.

I enter into the game and my team's down 2-9. Thirty seconds later it's 2-13 because I'm on a team of randoms who don't know what they're doing. One guy quits, so now we're down a man.

I close the game and open up Rocket League.

No Party playlist.

Drencrom

I finally reached Rank Gold III after solo carrying teams of randos countless times.

So many matches lost thanks to AFK players and players who go 1 kill and 13 deaths... not touching ranked again this season, that's for sure.

I joined a game in progress and 4 of the 5 players were all using the exact same character, wearing the exact same outfit, with the exact same clown nose.

I enter into the game and my team's down 2-9. Thirty seconds later it's 2-13 because I'm on a team of randoms who don't know what they're doing. One guy quits, so now we're down a man.

I close the game and open up Rocket League.

No Party playlist.
There's already a hidden algorithm that separates parties from solo players, but who do you think is going to fill up empty spots in party matches?

Solo players are the only ones who can do that ("technical difficulties"? ask ND). It's been like that since UC3 MP. The alternative is to make it like UC2 MP with no late joins (enjoy dem lopsided 5v2 matches).

I've already proposed a generous bonus (100 relics) for completed late join matches, but I doubt anyone will listen to me. If there was such a thing -along with a late join toggle- I'd beg to play late join matches all the fucking time. It would easily compensate for people who would choose to turn it off. Win-win.

Creaking

I finally reached Rank Gold III after solo carrying teams of randos countless times.

So many matches lost thanks to AFK players and players who go 1 kill and 13 deaths... not touching ranked again this season, that's for sure.

I was close to getting to Silver I last night. Had a winning streak all the way into my second qualifier match, then I lost 5 after that. When I finally got a group good enough to turn it around, my internet fucked off (which it does once in a blue moon) 5 KOs away from a victory.

Quit Quit Quit.

What sucks about late join is you get at best $800 in cash and then no treasures ever spawn on the map.

$800 is nothing. Can easily get $2000+ from treasures during the game, not to mention the lost cash from the game time that you missed.

Can someone tell me why you occasionally hear a chicken call? I've heard it two or three times since the update. It's hilarious, though I don't know why it happens.

What sucks about late join is you get at best $800 in cash and then no treasures ever spawn on the map.

$800 is nothing. Can easily get $2000+ from treasures during the game, not to mention the lost cash from the game time that you missed.

I always thought this was a glitch.

I think the UI needs some streamlining... for example, in previous games you had to press one button to see the scoreboard and now you have to keep mashing X to do the same thing.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I think the UI needs some streamlining... for example, in previous games you had to press one button to see the scoreboard and now you have to keep mashing X to do the same thing.
Agreed. I hate having to skip so much shit to get to the scoreboard and I am fully aware I can press square to skip everything which sometimes is useful and other times it's not. Sometimes I want to see how many relics I got for leveling up and I have to see the progress bar fill up every time because if I press x to skip it, I don't get to see what I got.

Agreed. I hate having to skip so much shit to get to the scoreboard and I am fully aware I can press square to skip everything which sometimes is useful and other times it's not. Sometimes I want to see how many relics I got for leveling up and I have to see the progress bar fill up every time because if I press x to skip it, I don't get to see what I got.
I guess they wanted to make it look fancy, but it's not that practical.

Alexandra Neonakis should take a look at it. :) Maybe we could have a menu toggle.

There's already a hidden algorithm that separates parties from solo players, but who do you think is going to fill up empty spots in party matches?

Solo players are the only ones who can do that ("technical difficulties"? ask ND). It's been like that since UC3 MP.
Explain to me how The Last of Us has a No Party playlist if it's so impossible then.

Where did I say it's impossible? It's a deliberate design choice.

You probably aren't aware of the pool segregation issues in TLOU MP...
You inferred that it wasn't possible when you posted exactly what I quoted you saying:

"But who do you think is going to fill up empty spots in party matches?"

You then said: "It's been like that since UC3 MP", which is true of the UC franchise, but TLOU is the more recent Naughty Dog game (and pretty much the exact same type of game in terms of what we're discussing with multiplayer deathmatch, party systems, etc.).

I've played TLOU MP for years on both PS3 and PS4, and while I'm sure there were issues, party segregation was not widespread enough to consider omitting the mode/option. I think there've been party segregation issues in numerous current gen games I've played (in Destiny I've wound up on the opposing team during deathmatch, in Rocket League I somehow got put on the opposite team when playing Chaos mode a few times)... but I'd much rather have parties occasionally get split up and/or face slightly longer matchmaking times than getting thrown into matches where a party is just dominating solo players to the point where it's not even close.

I understand that there's nothing to necessarily protect from blowout matches (even with rank/level-based matchmaking) thanks to the occasional smurfing or drunk players or the way she goes, but a party of 4 or 5 vs a team of solos is going to win the vast majority of the time.

You inferred that it wasn't possible when you posted exactly what I quoted you saying:

"But who do you think is going to fill up empty spots in party matches?"

You then said: "It's been like that since UC3 MP", which is true of the UC franchise, but TLOU is the more recent Naughty Dog game (and pretty much the exact same type of game in terms of what we're discussing with multiplayer deathmatch, party systems, etc.).

I've played TLOU MP for years on both PS3 and PS4, and while I'm sure there were issues, party segregation was not widespread enough to consider omitting the mode/option. I think there've been party segregation issues in numerous current gen games I've played (in Destiny I've wound up on the opposing team during deathmatch, in Rocket League I somehow got put on the opposite team when playing Chaos mode a few times)... but I'd much rather have parties occasionally get split up and/or face slightly longer matchmaking times than getting thrown into matches where a party is just dominating solo players to the point where it's not even close.

I understand that there's nothing to necessarily protect from blowout matches (even with rank/level-based matchmaking) thanks to the occasional smurfing or drunk players or the way she goes, but a party of 4 or 5 vs a team of solos is going to win the vast majority of the time.
I never said that segregation isn't possible. They can add 100 playlists if they want.

I was talking about late joins. Only solo players can late join matches. Parties cannot do that in ND games (I've seen it in Killzone, but that game has different netcode/server infrastructure).

If one player quits a party match or if it's a Po5 vs Po4 from the get-go, someone has to fill up that spot. It's a necessary evil to avoid UC2-esque lopsided matches. No Party won't fix that. Even in TLOU MP sometimes you late joined party matches while being in the solo playlists.

There's already a hidden algorithm (you don't see it in the matchmaking menu/UI as an option) that prioritizes matching parties with parties and solos with solos.

Do you want ND to disable late joins in party playlists? That would make parties of 5 even stronger than they already are.

I say NO to party splits (especially now with Party Chat) and longer matchmaking times.

Velurian

Spent another 3k on the gameplay DLC chest.

This time I got:

- Hardened booster (which I wanted)
- Enforcer G26

Anyone use the Hardened booster yet? I wanted the booster because I used something similar in TLOU Factions. Worked so well in 1v1 gunfights.

So far I spent 9k and unlocked: Harbringer heavy weapon, P90, Hardened booster, Enforcer G26.

I am using hardened now with my FAL (recoil mod). Fossa (blindfire mod) for close range. I find the hardened seems to be helping quite a bit, still unsure whether letting go of marking 3 is worth it, though ;( as the outlines really help in 1v1 situations often. but then again, so does hardened, in a different way.
my "go-to" solo loadout is FAL (recoil), fossa (blindfire), grenade, staff (no mods), hardened 2, marking 1

regarding the p90 - needs to get nerfed and silenced (the noise alone is enough to kill) ;p. it seems to be too accurate.

Looking for friendly team mates, by the way - any diamond/master rank players who don't get terribly angry in games here? if so, please feel free to add me - psn: kartul7 (please add a message that identifies you are from neogaf)
disclaimer: i am master rank, an ex-tlou streamer (twitch.tv/kartul777)

on the topic of matchmaking - if you are playing solo unranked, you end up playing vs solo players quite often, from my experience, at least

Grinchy

Banned
I just haven't noticed the difference that Hardened makes. I only played a few games after I got it, though. I might drop it if I still can't tell that it's doing anything for my play style.

Velurian

I just haven't noticed the difference that Hardened makes. I only played a few games after I got it, though. I might drop it if I still can't tell that it's doing anything for my play style.

Try it vs a friend in private, you'll notice how you're able to come back from being shot first more easily if you have hardened 2 on.

Velurian

Hihi kartul

Hihi miggy ;p

Regarding the marking vs hardened "debate", I guess it is fair to say that marking is pre-emptive, can be countered and hardened is reactionary, can't be countered.
I am not sure which one I prefer more, to be honest. It's good to know where your opponent's head is at all times, but having less of unpredictable damage wobble is good, too. I wish I could have both ;(

Creaking

Missing Indra's Eternity, then I can start focusing on vanity stuff. What really bothers me about some of this DLC is that many of the items in the 2,000 relic chest were clearly in the game from day 1. You could even wear them in preset costumes.

Velurian

Laughing pretty hard right now. I've been following you on Twitch for a few years, not know you were a fellow GAFfer. So you don't stream anymore or you just don't stream TLoU anymore?

Heh, that's pretty cool, hi ;D
Just moved from TLOU to U4, have to keep up with the times and find new challenges ;p
Let me know if you're ever on the stream again, would be nice to play with some neogaf people for once.

1K more for my next dlc chest. Please give me a 450 challenge tomorrow and path of indra.

Does anyone who has it unlocked use path of indra?

1K more for my next dlc chest. Please give me a 450 challenge tomorrow and path of indra.

I use it, it's terrible but I like the animation.

I like it in command though, because you can teleport onto your Captain if he's alone, or if you're the Captain you can teleport to your team mates. It works pretty nicely. In TDM however it's utterly unworthwhile.

As Chrono said, it's basically useless. I don't play Command but using it to teleport to a Captain makes sense; outside of that, I can't see any reason to use it.

Creaking

As Chrono said, it's basically useless. I don't play Command but using it to teleport to a Captain makes sense; outside of that, I can't see any reason to use it.

I sometimes get separated from my team (often they are very bad at predicting enemy routes) and need to bail myself out.

Although even then, I think the LP and cash could be better spent on something else.

This is why we need team objective mode. A lot of mysticals would be really useful

Using path of indra in marked man, or eye of indra in chain reaction.

TDM is cintimani stone central. Too useful not to have

Top Bottom