• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Yep I don't know why an AFK player gets like 5 minutes to decide whether he wants to play or not.

Overwatch kicks players in something like 15 seconds of inactivity.
I pressed to find a match and left to get a drink. By the time I got back, I had been booted for inactivity.

I love it!

I have been getting the "error initialising session manager" when trying to connect to MP the last two days. My own PSN is fine and MP works perfect on all other games.

Has anyone got a fix to this problem or encountered it before?

Grinchy

Banned
I pressed to find a match and left to get a drink. By the time I got back, I had been booted for inactivity.

I love it!

In all fairness, it takes as long to find a single match in this game as it takes to develop The Last Guardian. Unless you have to get in a car and drive out to the nearest well, there's really no way to be late from getting a drink.

In all fairness, it takes as long to find a single match in this game as it takes to develop The Last Guardian. Unless you have to get in a car and drive out to the nearest well, there's really no way to be late from getting a drink.
I'm talking about Rocket League.

Wow, just had a crazy comeback from 19-33. Those matches are so satisfying!

https://youtu.be/QmTGQj3gWsc?t=290

What's most impressive is how long your Savior lasted on a sliver of health!

I did that and it still felt like a chore. Now i got 120 more keys and no currency to buy chest unlocks, while having only unlocked 2500/5000 relics. XD

Well however long that took, it's actually probably faster than grinding the relics lol. I think I'll reinstall the app and do it again!

Should I just spend my 500 ND points on a gameplay item? I still have the major guns and mystical to unlock. Need like 10K still

Maybe I should save it for the next update

HOW is there no punishment for quitting. It is insane how many quitters there are in plunder.
I wouldn't mind quit penalties, as long as I don't get punished just because the host closed the app (happened pretty often in UC3 MP via XMB sign out).

Maybe a relic bonus reward for completed matches could help?

Grinchy

Banned
HOW is there no punishment for quitting. It is insane how many quitters there are in plunder.

I'm actually really shocked that I don't see more quitting in unranked TDM. It does happen, but without any penalties, I'd expect to see it every time the other team is up like 8-2 at the beginning or something.

Chinner

Banned
I'm really in two minds about what long gun to use. I've basically gone FAL> Copperhead and now I'm testing the Mettler seeing as it's been buffed.

They're all great weapons, tempted to go back to the copperhead.

I'm actually really shocked that I don't see more quitting in unranked TDM. It does happen, but without any penalties, I'd expect to see it every time the other team is up like 8-2 at the beginning or something.

At least one person quits every match, so that's a 10% quit rate. How much higher are you expecting it to be?

I'm really in two minds about what long gun to use. I've basically gone FAL> Copperhead and now I'm testing the Mettler seeing as it's been buffed.

They're all great weapons, tempted to go back to the copperhead.

Copperhead is so bad, I can't believe you use it. Recoil for days and if you use the mod you waste so many LP that you're hamstrung elsewhere. Also, it's scoped-only. The best version of the Copperhead is the Arrowhead. They have similar names, but one shoots like an arrow and the other shoots like pennies (worth nothing and made from copper, get it?). Arrows ftw!

Mettler is great, it was my main until the Arrowhead was blessed into my life!

Grinchy

Banned
At least one person quits every match, so that's a 10% quit rate. How much higher are you expecting it to be?

Copperhead is so bad, I can't believe you use it. Recoil for days and if you use the mod you waste so many LP that you're hamstrung elsewhere. The best version of the Copperhead is the Arrowhead. They have similar names, but one shoots like an arrow and the other shoots like pennies (worth nothing and made from copper, get it?). Arrrows ftw!

Mettler is great, it was my main until the Arrowhead was blessed into my life!

That's definitely not my experience. I'm always surprised how often I'm on a team that's getting dominated and everyone sticks around to accept their punishment.

I totally agree about the copperhead, though. I think it's an awful gun. I went from the AK being my main to the Mettler. Both guns are just so great. The AK can be shot with single shots just like the Mettler for long distance kills and can be sprayed at the ballerinas when up close.

It's so lame running into a team that just spams indras eternity.

Only worthwhile offensive mystical.

ND need to fix it. I hate it.

The problem is that it's not only useful, but it takes control from the players hit by it. If you're swamped by Indras', especially 30% slow Indras, then you die. It's not a fun interaction to be a part of. It doesn't make for intense firefights for either side, it kills the pacing of a gunfight (quite literally) and serves as a 'win button' if you get a good throw.

ND need to re-evaluate the efficacy of all mysticals. Why is Dorado so bad and Indra so good? Indra gets two uses which are both individually more effective than an El Dorado, which only gets one use.

Indra needs a nerf, path of indra needs a buff, dorado needs a buff. Djin needs a small buff. I would make Indra's purchases only provide one mystical use, personally, and kill the 30% slow. Just take it out. The default slow is a killer, any more is overkill. If you wanted to replace it with something could do something interesting like increase allied movement speed within Indra, or increase allied health regen in Indra, etc.

At the moment 3 x indra 2 x cintimani is a pretty riddiculous setup.Even more so if you coordinate with your team to rotate between cint and indra in order to reduce purchasing costs.

*nods* One of the best things about Overwatch is this.

It's great, only problem I have had with it is getting kicked while inviting someone to the party because PSN is slow and their name doesn't appear fast enough or something. 500 friends on my list makes it lag also, but that's more of an issue with PSN than Overwatch's system.

AKyemeni

Only worthwhile offensive mystical.

ND need to fix it. I hate it.

The problem is that it's not only useful, but it takes control from the players hit by it. If you're swamped by Indras', especially 30% slow Indras, then you die. It's not a fun interaction to be a part of. It doesn't make for intense firefights for either side, it kills the pacing of a gunfight (quite literally) and serves as a 'win button' if you get a good throw.

ND need to re-evaluate the efficacy of all mysticals. Why is Dorado so bad and Indra so good? Indra gets two uses which are both individually more effective than an El Dorado, which only gets one use.

Indra needs a nerf, path of indra needs a buff, dorado needs a buff. Djin needs a small buff. I would make Indra's purchases only provide one mystical use, personally, and kill the 30% slow. Just take it out. The default slow is a killer, any more is overkill. If you wanted to replace it with something could do something interesting like increase allied movement speed within Indra, or increase allied health regen in Indra, etc.

At the moment 3 x indra 2 x cintimani is a pretty riddiculous setup.Even more so if you coordinate with your team to rotate between cint and indra in order to reduce purchasing costs.

It's great, only problem I have had with it is getting kicked while inviting someone to the party because PSN is slow and their name doesn't appear fast enough or something. 500 friends on my list makes it lag also, but that's more of an issue with PSN than Overwatch's system.
This is funny because during the first beta it was the other way around, with people using the Dorito all the time and nobody using Indra's. Everyone was complaining about the Dorito.

Foxxsoxx

I wouldn't mind quit penalties, as long as I don't get punished just because the host closed the app (happened pretty often in UC3 MP via XMB sign out).

Maybe a relic bonus reward for completed matches could help?

Yeah, you should get around 30 relics for a win. 10 for a loss so that you at least get something.

This is funny because during the first beta it was the other way around, with people using the Dorito all the time and nobody using Indra's. Everyone was complaining about the Dorito.

I never minded the Dorado in the first beta but the Indra never had the opportunity to become bother some because everyone was using the Dorado.

As I say, never had an issue with the Dorado because generally speaking you could just walk out of it. Indra is much worse than that, if you're catch a team in an Indra and your team actually coordinate a push on that, then they're dead.

Sometimes creates some stupid scenarios too where people are using Indra's to counter indras, so they slow inside slows, and then the other team get away but your team throw another indra to slow them again... and it goes back and forth. In some instances I have seen more than four Indra's out at once.

We also encountered a glitch where one guy would throw out Indra's that were invisible and endless. So there were invisible slow down pools in certain portions of the map. Not good!

Foxxsoxx

I never minded the Dorado in the first beta but the Indra never had the opportunity to become bother some because everyone was using the Dorado.

As I say, never had an issue with the Dorado because generally speaking you could just walk out of it. Indra is much worse than that, if you're catch a team in an Indra and your team actually coordinate a push on that, then their dead.

Sometimes creates some stupid scenarios too where people are using Indra's to counter indras, so they slow inside slows, and then the other team get away but your team throw another indra to slow them again... and it goes back and forth. In some instances I have seen more than four Indra's out at once.

We also encountered a glitch where one guy would throw out Indra's that were invisible and endless. So there were invisible slow down pools in certain portions of the map. Not good!

Yeah the more I think about it, the more I think that Indra needs the slowdown nerfed a little, then maybe have the extra 30% slowdown mod be the current regular indra speed when the mod is used.

Cintamani was the real OP mystical in the beta. Cheap, full health, 2 uses. Indra's only originally had one.

Because matchmaking is dogshit in numerous ways and trapping people in matches they don't want to be in doesn't breed a healthy community.

If they cannot quit they'll just AFK which in many ways is worse.

Oh my god.

My last 4 gameplay chests have all given me the lowest value item.

Another 8-16 days of grinding for a P90 or Path of Indra. I bet you will give me an Arrowhead next and make me wait until the very end to get what I want most.

Cintamani was the real OP mystical in the beta. Cheap, full health, 2 uses. Indra's only originally had one.

Cintimani was definitely crazy, but it had some great synergy with El Dorado, which was also insane.

People would throw El Dorados like crazy and then you'd have to revive teammates to full health. It was insane.

Ive been playing more Command, and the El Dorado is fantastic on it. Great way to clear out enemies, and Im excited to mod it.

Eye of Indra seems like the better option in TDM and Plunder.

----

I love Command, but Im absolutely fed up with moronic teammates who don't know when to defend their own zones instead of chasing the opponent's 1 zone.

I wish matchmaking was better for it, and I wish it was separate from the other modes. I feel like Im getting matched with newbies, and at this point in the game, Id like more teammates who know how to play the mode.

Maybe the game should give better points for defending a zone from capture?

Foxxsoxx

Oh my god.

My last 4 gameplay chests have all given me the lowest value item.

Another 8-16 days of grinding for a P90 or Path of Indra. I bet you will give me an Arrowhead next and make me wait until the very end to get what I want most.

Did a 2,000 relic chest for one 300 UC Point skin today...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
El Dorado just needs to spawn immediately when you throw it and needs a slight price reduction. That's all they need to do to fix that mystical IMO.

Slow motion mod either needs the timer to be halved, have the effect area reduced, allow you to only use one at a time with either of those two suggestions being active, or just plain out remove the slow motion mod. I can't stand the spam of it because there is no counter to it.

Djinn is fine as it is right now IMO. I've seen people use that mystical just fine, and the mods it has are pretty balanced too. You can quickly escape, or you can use the dash to destroy people. I've seen both tactics being used (myself included) and it works just fine. The last mod in particular is pretty awesome cuz it's almost like you're sprinting when you are just walking lol.

I totally agree about el dorado popping out faster,but I think the faster specter mod is supposed to offset that

Id also like a mod that targets downed enemies.

I feel like if anything, indra should activate slower than el dorado, as indra is often a death sentence, while el dorado gives you a fighting chance

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Also, I forgot to mention...there's also that glitch that still happens to El Dorado where the specters won't damage you at all whatsoever. Happens very frequently too.

TripOpt55

Here's a new one. I had one teammate tonight that when you were downed he would run over and instead of reviving you, do the lifting a barbell taunt instead. Luckily I was playing with a buddy and the two times I saw the guy do this we had each revived each other or I may have been a bit more angry about it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Here's a new one. I had one teammate tonight that when you were downed he would run over and instead of reviving you, do the lifting a barbell taunt instead. Luckily I was playing with a buddy and the two times I saw the guy do this we had each revived each other or I may have been a bit more angry about it.

I had a guy early on who played as no-shirt Lazarevic in a sunhat and he'd twerk on you if you were down. And if you weren't down... he'd just twerk.

Grinchy

Banned
Also, I forgot to mention...there's also that glitch that still happens to El Dorado where the specters won't damage you at all whatsoever. Happens very frequently too.

Yeah, it has happened to me a few times recently. Indra seems to have a bug too where if I use both of them quickly after each other, the first one immediately disappears. When I see other people use both of theirs at the same time on me, both of them stay.

I had a guy early on who played as no-shirt Lazarevic in a sunhat and he'd twerk on you if you were down. And if you weren't down... he'd just twerk.

They could be players split from their party and don't want to hurt their friends. It's really annoying. And Creaking, you were just as bad as him in that clip!

Yeah, it has happened to me a few times recently. Indra seems to have a bug too where if I use both of them quickly after each other, the first one immediately disappears. When I see other people use both of theirs at the same time on me, both of them stay.
I'm pretty sure only one at a time is intended, is how always worked for me.

AKyemeni

Ive always seen two thrown out. Maybe they cant overlap?

Is the El Dorado still actually bugged? That's incredibly, incredibly annoying. Does it register hits and just not do damage?
I've been using el dorado all last night and they fixed that glitch when you were dead and the hits weren't registering if you were waiting to respawn while your Dorito was still out.

They also now fixed it to how it was in the beta where every hit gives you 15 bucks instead of every 2-3 hits.

Top Bottom