• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

I should have said, it's like a pocket Mettler. Is that better? It totally is btw, even without the zoom. Best pistol in the game. <3
I'm expecting it to get a nerf in the next update. Something small though, like one extra bullet to down.

I know I've caused a few ragequits by doing the 1 headshot + 1 bodyshot well after they started shooting me.

Am I the only 1 who despises the water on the newer map? Unbelievable how many people camp in it.

I'd like it if we could should while underwate, or melee underwater, basically to stop the hiding underwater constantly.

But, I like the danger the middle room represents, any edge could be an instant death, or a guy popping up to shoot, or ripe for a kick-off
and a simultanious pulldown death because F the lag.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Am I the only 1 who despises the water on the newer map? Unbelievable how many people camp in it.
I love the new map in command, but can't stand it in TDM. Everyone just loves to camp that middle building. It plays so great in command, but very shitty for TDM IMO.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'd like it if we could should while underwate, or melee underwater, basically to stop the hiding underwater constantly.

But, I like the danger the middle room represents, any edge could be an instant death, or a guy popping up to shoot, or ripe for a kick-off
and a simultanious pulldown death because F the lag.

That's what I hate about it especially since the treasure spawns in there. People just camp it and hide. Garbage.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
In the ND forums, one of the ND devs mentioned that they are working on tweaking the Mettler and the HS. Mostly because they are outperforming at higher level play. They are also trying to figure out how to make the shotgun better but mentioned that it's going to require a patch for that gun to get fixed lol.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
In the ND forums, one of the ND devs mentioned that they are working on tweaking the Mettler and the HS. Mostly because they are outperforming at higher level play.

Expected. I was surprised that the Mettler received a buff in the last patch.

Drencrom

The new matchmaking is just horrible, I'm getting more lag and white plugs have started happening occasionally even though I got 100mbps... Just look at ND's latest stream, even they experienced white plugs FFS!

Seriously, why is ND's MP team so clueless when it comes to updating their multiplayer? It's like they always manage to screw up something major after the release and the always seem adamant to follow "their vision" of MP instead of accepting the critique they get from their MP community. It feels like they're making the MP for themselves instead of their customers and community at times.

In the ND forums, one of the ND devs mentioned that they are working on tweaking the Mettler and the HS. Mostly because they are outperforming at higher level play. They are also trying to figure out how to make the shotgun better but mentioned that it's going to require a patch for that gun to get fixed lol.

I don't know about the HS, but the Mettler in the hands of a good player can easily down and KO a player in like a second, so yeah they should probably tone down it a bit.

Grinchy

Banned

If it weren't so situational, I'd love to get water mines. Imagine someone swimming around the corner in that water thinking they are gonna be a ledge-hanging nuisance only to explode into little bits instead.

That sucks. I feel like it's supposed to be a higher level play gun in the first place. While the massive majority sprays their ADHD bullets all over the place, someone using the Mettler has to place every shot properly. It shouldn't be on the same level as the spray guns. That's the whole point of its existence.

Well, I would expect ND to take a look at Indra at "higher level play" (aka Ranked) first... dem priorities. Mettler will have the same fate as the FAL-SS.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Hey everyone, wanted to share the details of the live update we just pushed to Uncharted 4 Multiplayer:

MULTIPLAYER
Eliminated Known Exploits
Optimizations to Matchmaking for Plunder and Command Game Modes
Wonder what this optimization is...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
fKjOqtm.png

Weapon usage stats from ND.

Can confirm nothing is done about regular TDM, same laggy sweaty matches.
Even saw a dude with no connection bars, dude ko'd like 5 seconds later :')

ND makes one hell of a SP experience but they sure need to learn a lot for MP.

Putting it down again until next patch i guess.

Javin98

Banned
Can confirm nothing is done about regular TDM, same laggy sweaty matches.
Even saw a dude with no connection bars, dude ko'd like 5 seconds later :')

ND makes one hell of a SP experience but they sure need to learn a lot for MP.

Putting it down again until next patch i guess.
Whelp, I think I won't touch the MP for this weekend. Screw white plugs!

Josh378

All I'm asking is that thing Nerf the slow time to one because it's being very cheap right now + grenades. Most party teams use this combo and makes it not fun to play against.

ron_bato

Yeah, had this happen way too many times.

Lol me too, it's incredibly frustrating.

Too many times too certain actions won't register properly (I don't know if I mess up inputs while under duress for example, but sometimes I swear I throw a grenade, but it doesn't leave my hand - incredibly frustrating).

Grinchy

Banned
I think I've officially had my fill. The game is just too laggy and janky now. And at least 2 people on every team seem to just run around in circles with the P90 while holding R2 and using the Spirit of the Djinn.

That's where the game is at these days. The cover system fucks you half the time, your body sticks to walls even when you're not in cover too often, and everything about the experience is just frustrating. It was fun while it lasted, at least. I got a lot of playtime out of this MP and I didn't even expect to play it. Later, bros. Enjoy your MP.

Well I cringed way too hard at that.

I really hope if they tweak the HS or Mettler that they're very careful considering I think gun balance is actually for the most part terrific in this game and I can't really see how they can balance them without making them outright worse than other options.

They'll nerf them so nobody wants to use them, like the FAL-SS in UC3, from best gun to never even acknowledged ever again.

The HS is super fast at killing. Recoil mod makes it great at longer ranges

Is the AK cheaper to modify? I find the balance works out because of loadout points. Youre always sacrificing something, which allows stronger weapons never to feel too good

Josh378

P90 needs to go or at least nerfed quite a bit. I mean I played a team that was so bad that we were dominating, suddenly they go to the whole team switched To the P90 and so they made a comeback. That gun needs to be nerfed.

P90 needs to go or at least nerfed quite a bit. I mean I played a team that was so bad that we were dominating, suddenly they go to the whole team switched To the P90 and so they made a comeback. That gun needs to be nerfed.
ND has to sell dem UCP... why would they nerf it?

They'd rather nerf base weapons (Mettler & HS39) that nobody asked for.

AKyemeni

P90 is ass.

XCR and MP38 are better submachine guns.

Top Bottom