• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

https://www.vg247.com/2016/01/26/destiny-matchmaking-changes-ditching-sbmm/
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3xiv1o/the_addition_of_skill_based_matchmaking_sbmm_has/

ND should take some notes from the "big boys"... Treyarch also reverted the CoD Blops3 SBMM patch in less than 24 hours.

What do they think they're going to accomplish with SBMM in a niche MP game? Will they sell more Uncharted Points to casuals who are going to ditch UC4 MP as soon as BF1/CoD:IW come out? Your business plan is not well thought out, ND... you can still fix this mess before it's too late.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3xiv1o/the_addition_of_skill_based_matchmaking_sbmm_has/

ND should take some notes from the "big boys"... Treyarch also reverted the CoD Blops3 SBMM patch in less than 24 hours.

What do they think they're going to accomplish with SBMM in a niche MP game? Will they sell more Uncharted Points to casuals who are going to ditch UC4 MP as soon as BF1/CoD:IW come out? Your business plan is not well thought out, ND... you can still fix this mess before it's too late.

This is amazing. Yet another ND game where they tried to copy the big boys and failed. They did it with Uncharted 2 by reducing the health to be more COD-like, without understanding that what makes their MP unique (traversal, agility/movement) would be adversely affected by a halved TTK. If I wanted to die in two seconds and respawn I would just play COD. The difference is while Bungie/Treyarch are smart enough to listen to feedback, ND has a very poor history of this. There is a supposedly an update this week so we'll see.

This is amazing. Yet another ND game where they tried to copy the big boys and failed. They did it with Uncharted 2 by reducing the health to be more COD-like, without understanding that what makes their MP unique (traversal, agility/movement) would be adversely affected by a halved TTK. If I wanted to die in two seconds and respawn I would just play COD. The difference is while Bungie/Treyarch are smart enough to listen to feedback, ND has a very poor history of this. There is a supposedly an update this week so we'll see.
Yeah, they thought those CoD kiddies would keep playing UC2 1.05, but their "plan" didn't pan out...

It's a shame that they have such a unique & quality (graphics, animations etc.) product in the TPS genre and they fuck it up with stupid decisions post-launch. I'd love to know who's in charge behind the scenes.

Yeah, they thought those CoD kiddies would keep playing UC2 1.05, but their "plan" didn't pan out...

It's a shame that they have such a unique & quality (graphics, animations etc.) product in the TPS genre and they fuck it up with stupid decisions post-launch. I'd love to know who's in charge behind the scenes.

I thought it was Justin Richmond to blame for U2's 1.05, and it probably was, but since they keep doing it, I guess it's a curse that affects the entire MP team in perpetuity. They are the yin to the SP team's yang (this is almost assuredly used incorrectly).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's really frustrating that there's no official statement from ND for SBMM from all the negative feedback. honestly, it's horrible and the majority of the community agrees that it was a complete downgrade in every sense imaginable. The game barely launched and we are already facing a major problem that they refuse to revert back while losing a lot of players in the process. If it stays, I don't even want to imagine how this game will play a year from now when everyone else has moved on to the next MP and only the dedicated community stays...

Vade

Even though 1.04 was such a long time ago, I still miss it. That with some good maps and decent spawns for a uc game it was so much fun. Then 1.05 trash with the 1.06-1.07 spawning shit, fuck village if I get spawned right in the tank or in front one more time.

1.08 added all the new medals and maps facility, ok too large for 5v5, and flooded ruins, god tier map. Still had shit 1.05 health and they never looked back.

I came in whining having no idea is was a bigger thing. I'm between being glad I'm not alone and sad the game is indeed ruined and not just me.

Guess I'm done with it. I can't have such a pirate mouth while "playing" with two little ones around. What the fuck, ND?

I did save some videos that I'll splice together sometime. Not sure if it'll be apparent that I'm actually stuck while aiming with just video though.

Drencrom

Yeah, I can't fathom ND not just ditching the new SBMM after all the critque they're getting. They really are pompous as fuck when it comes to these MP changes, they never back down even when it blows up in their face because their changes are for the worse.

I also hate the fact that they completely ghost the forums and twitter regarding these problems, even the new community manager is barely communicating anything (Arne has been a lost cause since a long time ago).

A couple of things that need fixing as well:

1) Sometimes there's an app crash when I go to the match scoreboard while searching for players.

2) The in-game friend list has a bug where sometimes it shows that all friends are offline, even though they're not.

This started happening after I added more people, so maybe I'm hitting a cap somewhere...

TBH, there is no need to show offline friends in-game. I just want to see who is online.

Drencrom

I just got this message from a player who somehow convinced himself that I "cheated" just because I got a few kills on him lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I just got this message from a player who somehow convinced himself that I "cheated" just because I got a few kills on him lol
I was playing command solo yesterday and I came across a player on the other team who would be talking so much shit to me every time I or anyone else killed him. Every time you killed him, you'd just hear him go on and on with complaints with a shitload of cussing. We win the match against him and he's talking major shit in the lobby. Next round is happening and it places him on my team now and I'm just thinking, great. Great because now I'm going to hear constant complaining for the entire match. I was correct, but here's where it got better for me. He was made captain and he had a 60 Bounty on his head, we were winning by a lot of points so even if they somehow killed him at 60, we were guaranteed to win the match. They down him, and I happen to be the only team mate next to him and he's screaming at me demanding that I revive him. Wanna know what I did? I just danced until he bled out. 😂

He can fucking suck it for all the garbage that came out of his mouth. Right when he bled out, the match ended in like a minute before he rage quit out of the lobby. 😂

I was playing command solo yesterday and I came across a player on the other team who would be talking so much shit to me every time I or anyone else killed him. Every time you killed him, you'd just hear him go on and on with complaints with a shitload of cussing. We win the match against him and he's talking major shit in the lobby. Next round is happening and it places him on my team now and I'm just thinking, great. Great because now I'm going to hear constant complaining for the entire match. I was correct, but here's where it got better for me. He was made captain and he had a 60 Bounty on his head, we were winning by a lot of points so even if they somehow killed him at 60, we were guaranteed to win the match. They down him, and I happen to be the only team mate next to him and he's screaming at me demanding that I revive him. Wanna know what I did? I just danced until he bled out. 😂

He can fucking suck it for all the garbage that came out of his mouth. Right when he bled out, the match ended in like a minute before he rage quit out of the lobby. 😂
I wish there was a way to report potty mouths like him...

I just played a match in a Po5 (I was the party leader) and there was a lot of host lag... for example, activating a mystical (Staff of Ayar Manco) had a delay of 1-2 secs on my screen (the host is responsible for registering mysticals and other stuff). My team was also complaining about lag. It felt like playing through Remote Play.

One guy from the other team had zero bars (when the match ended he suddenly had full bars, lol).

Can ND tell us the host selection algorithm criteria? Is McDonalds WiFi eligible?

In light of all this negativity, I'll say that: after not playing the game for pretty much the past month, the game is still fun. Solid maps. Great core design. I'm still amazed by how smooth the animations are.

I don't know how matchmaking works, though; everyone here is complaining, yet I've had way better teammates than before.

But, for that one game I lost: screw the p90!

Just kidding, had only my pistol that game. But once I completed my challenges I switched loadouts in the next game and murdered that guy.

I'm actually getting sick playing.

Like, it feels as if I'm running in slow mo and I don't get what happened to aiming. The anxiety I feel when trying to pull the gun towards an enemy is nauseating. Changing sensitivity hasn't helped. I don't mind stiffer, slower controls. But I don't know WTF happened here. I know I said I won't play but I feel like their trick is "make it bad so they keep coming back to see if it's better".

Reading the past pew pages is depressing. The last update made me angry, tried playing a few times and it felt off, so I stopped. I hope they fix it, and fix it properly, not their idea of fixing it.

Amazing that the cover system worked perfectly well in U2 and U3 and now we have this...

Yeah, 1 in 10 of my deaths come from the broken ass cover system, trying to go into cover and instead standing there like an idiot. I know 1 in 10 really isn't a lot, but it should never happen.

Yeah, I can't fathom ND not just ditching the new SBMM after all the critque they're getting. They really are pompous as fuck when it comes to these MP changes, they never back down even when it blows up in their face because their changes are for the worse.

I also hate the fact that they completely ghost the forums and twitter regarding these problems, even the new community manager is barely communicating anything (Arne has been a lost cause since a long time ago).

They do the same shit every game. Change something major, community riots about it, ND stand by the decision and refuse to undo it. Then during the next game they say "That change was a mistake, we've learned from that".

They don't learn shit.

Yeah, 1 in 10 of my deaths come from the broken ass cover system, trying to go into cover and instead standing there like an idiot. I know 1 in 10 really isn't a lot, but it should never happen.
This is far worse than getting stunned by a grenade a thousand miles away, and then getting mowed down.

Pops a blood vessel in my forehead.

This is far worse than getting stunned by a grenade a thousand miles away, and then getting mowed down.

Pops a blood vessel in my forehead.
Don't worry, they're going to add a Sure Foot/Team Safe booster for the low, low price of 300 UCP. It was "hard to program" to add it from the get-go.

And while they're at it, how about adding Treasure Bearer/Beast Mode as well? Plunder players would love it (too bad there are no propane tanks in the MP).

Foxxsoxx

I actually agree with every change they made, kudos ND. Now just add some more maps and modes and we're looking great.

--

Bug fixes:

Level bug/exploit fixes
Fixed issue where treasures would not spawn for late-joiners in Team Deathmatch

Gear:

Grenade

Removed fuse timer upgrade on grenade upgrade level 2

C4

Hold 2 C4 at level 2 and 3 upgrades
Reduce upgrade in game price by $50 for each upgrade level
Level 1 gear resupply reduced from 63 to 60 seconds
Level 2 gear resupply reduced from 53 to 50
Level 3 reduces prime time by 60% (additional 10% from level 2)

Sidekicks:

Hunter

Level 2 purchase 1000 -> 1100
Level 3 1400 -> 1500
Level 4 1800 -> 1900
Level 5 2200 -> 2600

Mysticals:

Cintamani Stone

Receive 1 Cintamani Stone per purchase
Prices are as such: 350/450/600/750

Staff of Ayar Manco

Level 4 purchase 900 ->1000
Level 5 purchase 1100 -> 1200

Indra’s Eternity

Receive 1 Indra per purchase
Prices are as such: 400/600/800

Heavy Weapons:

Harbinger

Straight KO on a headshot

Modifiers:

Indra’s Eternity – Slow Down Increase Mod

Price increased from $75 – $125
Effectiveness has been reduced 10%
Blindfire Mod

Reduced effectiveness of the blindfire mod on the MP34a, XCR, and P90
Recoil Mod

Reduced effectiveness of the recoil mod on the HS39 and Mettler M-30

Rated-G

I actually felt like the blindfire on those weapons was really well balanced after that last nerf they received. I don't feel they needed a second nerf. Is it like with 3 where it's just that players who don't like that BF exists period will keep trying to get it nerfed further and further?

I'm torn on how I feel about he cintamani going from 2 to 1 per purchase. I'm worried how it'll affect me as I like to play support, but at the same time maybe it'll stop the amount of times teams seem to pull endless streams of them during intense firefights.

AKyemeni

My only problem is that getting a headshot with the Harbinger only gets you the KO bonus. No headshot bonus or down bonus, so now I end up 3rd or 4th on the scoreboard and I look like I still everyone's KO's.

My only problem is that getting a headshot with the Harbinger only gets you the KO bonus. No headshot bonus or down bonus, so now I end up 3rd or 4th on the scoreboard and I look like I still everyone's KO's.
Aren't pull downs and kick offs the same? If they change it, they'll have to do it for these as well.

ps: Why are you worried about "stealing" KOs? :p

AKyemeni

Aren't pull downs and kick offs the same? If they change it, they'll have to do it for these as well.

ps: Why are you worried about "stealing" KOs? :p
Yeah, I want those changed too, but those are just one button presses. Getting headshots with snipers should be rewarded, especially with the Harbinger since you have so little ammo.

And I don't need more love letters from Internet strangers, thank you very much.

Welp, that Cintamani Stone nerf basically makes it useless now. It either needs to be a bit cheaper, or have something else tweaked.

It would've been better to cap the number of players that could be revived by each toss, rather than decrease the number given per purchase. Given how flaky aiming it in cover can be, not having a backup before your toss is a pretty huge blow.

Pretty disappointed. Its LP cost and in-game cost is far too high for just 1 per purchase.

AKyemeni

Welp, that Cintamani Stone nerf basically makes it useless now. It either needs to be cheaper now, or have something else tweaked.

It would've been better to cap the number of players that could be revived by each toss, rather than decrease the number given per purchase. Given how flaky aiming it in cover can be, not having a backup before your toss is a pretty huge blow.

Pretty disappointed. Its LP cost and in-game cost is far too high for just 1 per purchase.
That's why I don't trust ND with nerfs. They have a tendency to nerf everythi ng into uselessness.

Spamming will continue until they fix the "loadout trick".

What's this?

Every heavy weapon down should be an instant KO, but have it be worth a regular down and get you the headshot bonus.

Eh, without that change, I feel like Heavy Weapons have zero place in a loadout.

Nope nope nope. You can down with the GL and Condor in one shot if the enemy is not at full health. This would tilt the game towards spamming Heavy Weapons. They already do enough damage and therefore deserve their high cost in LP and $.

You can down an enemy with a single Fossa shot if the enemy is not at full health. Same with any other weapon at a certain threshold.

They're just weapons. I don't see the point in switching from whatever weapon I'm currently using to use another if it's almost as much time to down and KO with them.

A couple of things that need fixing as well:

2) The in-game friend list has a bug where sometimes it shows that all friends are offline, even though they're not.

This started happening after I added more people, so maybe I'm hitting a cap somewhere...

TBH, there is no need to show offline friends in-game. I just want to see who is online.

There's tons of bugs with the friends list, including everyone being online playing single player lol. I have about 130 friends, not sure if it's related to that.

You can down an enemy with a single Fossa shot if the enemy is not at full health. Same with any other weapon at a certain threshold.

They're just weapons. I don't see the point in switching from whatever weapon I'm currently using to use another if it's almost as much time to down and KO with them.

Yes, down, not KO. If you make a Heavy Weapon an automatic KO it's going to change how the game plays.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wow those changes. Wow!!! I'm shocked. Can't wait to try it out later tonight!

ALSO:

50% more relics for your challenges this Friday so make sure you save up 3!!

Woooww.

So glad they made Harbringer straight up KO!! They need to do the same with the RPG! A direct blast should be OHK, and splash damage should be downs/damage.

Really, really good to see C4 and Grenades adjusted in such a way, as I hope C4 becomes more desirable.

I am not sure how I feel about Cintimani nerf. I get purchasing a ton of Cintimani was easy, but it's not hard to miss a revive and waste it. the cheaper price is good, but I already dedicate a lot of my loadout for full revives. I guess it's better this way, as the game relies less on revives. But I do love clutch revives when the score is like 32-33

I wish theyd buff El Dorado to spawn much, much faster. Right now, Eye of Indra is the better pick because El Dorado is too slow.

I feel Djinn should counter Eye of Indra, but Im not sure anymore because of the nerf. Id like the variety, but it seems too punishing for Indra users

What's this?

You play half the game with your Cintimani stone loadout. You rack up 3-4 stones and use them. Then you switch to a loadout with Eye of Indra, and start fresh with the spending.

So it's like you are able to afford more mysticals and power weapons just by changing loadouts, so it can feel like there is a lot of spam

Christos

You play half the game with your Cintimani stone loadout. You rack up 3-4 stones and use them. Then you switch to a loadout with Eye of Indra, and start fresh with the spending.

So it's like you are able to afford more mysticals and power weapons just by changing loadouts, so it can feel like there is a lot of spam

This is the first time I've heard about this, definitely sounds like something that needs to be changed.

Yeah, I want those changed too, but those are just one button presses. Getting headshots with snipers should be rewarded, especially with the Harbinger since you have so little ammo.
I agree that you should get the headshot bonus, but I'm not sure about the down one.

Technically speaking, they never entered a down state... they were instantly KO'ed.

Every heavy weapon down should be an instant KO, but have it be worth a regular down and get you the headshot bonus.
I thought that ND didn't want 1HK KOs in this game... the thing is, the Harbinger felt like a replica of the Mazur, so they had to buff it somehow (not to mention the extra income from UCP, lol).

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the Condor was 1HK down (not KO) and the Spezzoti was 2HK down. They could slightly nerf their RoF to make them feel balanced.

RPG could also use a bigger blast radius... it's a joke compared to the UC2/UC3 RPG.

What's this?
There's a glitch that allows you to use modded Mysticals for the price of vanilla ones.

There's also another glitch that allows you to buy sidecocks without the increased prices.

Maybe ND will fix them with a Title Update.

There's tons of bugs with the friends list, including everyone being online playing single player lol. I have about 130 friends, not sure if it's related to that.
I think that means they're on an old Live Update version (i.e. .028 vs .029).

So glad they made Harbringer straight up KO!! They need to do the same with the RPG! A direct blast should be OHK, and splash damage should be downs/damage.
No. 1HK downs are fine. Harbinger is just an exception.

Went to buy what i assumed would be my last DLC gameplay chest last night after saving up the relics and all i got was the hardened booster! That is definitely not worth 3000 relics!

Have the Harbinger still to get but for 3000 again i don't think i'll bother...time to start on Pirate outfits i guess.

Liking the changes already as i use C4 anyway so the extra one makes capture zones way more deadly. Being able to put two next to each other can mean instant KOs though so i expect something to happen to reduce the effectiveness of them.

Indra and Cintamani needing something doing but i'm not convinced this is the answer. They have gone from OP to very expensive in one evening. My suggestion was just have a cooldown on Mysticals so they couldn't be spammed or treat them all like El Dorado and have an inventory cap. You can't buy a second El Dorado whilst the other is active or bought so a simple solution would've been have the same for the others so they can't be stacked up.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I still think you should spend the 3k for the DLC sniper cuz whenever there's a new DLC and they introduce more DLC gameplay chests, it's going to suck if you spend 3k relics and get the harbinger sniper instead of the new guns/boosters/mystical lol.

How much you guys think the single player DLC will be? I might buy the DLC/Points bundle since those points are £16 alone and the bundle is £20. I figure it gonna be £12-15.

Top Bottom