• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Now they just hit 2-3 time even though you're 5-10ft away after the first hit.

Also what is with the downed dickheads who wait until you run all the over to them, then suicide. They have health remaining. Are they waiting for a friend, but if the friend cannot do it then fuck you no points and a death for the team?

I had the worst lag charged melee down against me yesterday. I was at least 15 feet away and blindfiring while continuing to run away and I was downed. Yesterday in general was a complete lagfest for me.

To your last point, today I encountered for the first time a teammate who went to revive me, waited until I was almost full health, then stopped, then repeated the process until I was dead. He eventually quit the match about 5 minutes in, of course with 0 downs or KOs. I'm all for a good troll every once in a while so props to him!

I've accidentally died a few times by holding triangle while being revived lol. Don't know what my brain was thinking.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I thought the buffed C4 would be really useful in Command, but boy, I was wrong.

Back to good ol' trusty grenades.

You must be joking, C4 is glorious now, especially in Command where you can see a point is being neutralized and have a good idea where they're hiding (or better, if there's a group of them standing around). At Tier III, it has massive utility.

Also what is with the downed dickheads who wait until you run all the over to them, then suicide. They have health remaining. Are they waiting for a friend, but if the friend cannot do it then fuck you no points and a death for the team?

Could be that they're trying to suicide as soon as they're downed, but because of the silly delay, it doesn't happen until you happen to reach them.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I love it when I am reviving the whole entire team, to full health with revive packs and helping hand 3, yet whenever I go down and it's safe for them to revive me, I get nothing in return. It's fucking frustrating and almost makes me want to say fuck playing the support role in the game, but it hasn't got to me yet.

Could be that they're trying to suicide as soon as they're downed, but because of the silly delay, it doesn't happen until you happen to reach them.

Nah, some of them are way too long that they trying to suicide.

I love it when I am reviving the whole entire team, to full health with revive packs and helping hand 3, yet whenever I go down and it's safe for them to revive me, I get nothing in return. It's fucking frustrating and almost makes me want to say fuck playing the support role in the game, but it hasn't got to me yet.

I quit those matches, probably me carrying the team if they doing that anyway, fuck 'em.

You must be joking, C4 is glorious now, especially in Command where you can see a point is being neutralized and have a good idea where they're hiding (or better, if there's a group of them standing around). At Tier III, it has massive utility.
That's what I was trying to do, but enemies disarmed my C4s every single time.

~

Regarding Revenge aka Martyrdom, don't even mention it... ND might introduce it as a DLC booster. :x

Foxxsoxx

That's what I was trying to do, but enemies disarmed my C4s every single time.

~

Regarding Revenge aka Martyrdom, don't even mention it... ND might introduce it as a DLC booster. :x

A good team will be able to sniff out c4 easy. I wish you didn't get a giant icon that appears when you throw c4 letting everyone know you just threw c4.

Josh378

Yea...everytime I was on my medic build, everybody on my team seems to forgot how to throw a grenade. Three guys are in a small room, my teammates rather run in than throw grenade into the room, killing three guys. I get on my offensive build, nobody heals...ugh team deathwatch...

DaciaJC

Gold Member
What changes would you guys like to see made to Command, if any? It's probably my favorite mode right now, but I don't really care for the way the Captain role was implemented. So many times it feels like the course of a match where one team has consistently superior point control is reversed because their level 3 Captain is suddenly killed, giving their opponents a massive score gain. That, and the Captain's "buffs" seem more individual- rather than team-oriented. I would like to see, for example, rather than cheaper store prices instead faster capping speed or more score gained per second at higher levels. Right now, a high-level Captain feels almost like a liability because his abilities don't compensate the team for the gains provided to the enemy team upon his death.

AKyemeni

What changes would you guys like to see made to Command, if any? It's probably my favorite mode right now, but I don't really care for the way the Captain role was implemented. So many times it feels like the course of a match where one team has consistently superior point control is reversed because their level 3 Captain is suddenly killed, giving their opponents a massive score gain. That, and the Captain's "buffs" seem more individual- rather than team-oriented. I would like to see, for example, rather than cheaper store prices instead faster capping speed or more score gained per second at higher levels. Right now, a high-level Captain feels almost like a liability because his abilities don't compensate the team for the gains provided to the enemy team upon his death.

I want there to be a countdown telling you and the team when the captain is about to be assigned and who.

"You will be assigned captain in...3...2...1..."

Ditch Command and bring back Team Objective.

I didn't play much UC2/3 (constant white plug in those days), what is Team Objective?

Best of 5, cycle through different game modes (all one match, no resetting or round restarts when a new mode begins).

Turf War - basically command with no captain
King of the Hill - One area of the map needs be captured, like in command, but it moves every so often.
Marked man - points for killing specific player on enemy team, while needing defend yours
Treasure Hunter - Is one idol, no capture point, you earn points by just carrying it.
Chain Reaction - Capture areas of the map like in command, but in a specific order, enemy in reverse order. 5 areas.

Some of these wouldn't work well with Mysticals of UC4, a full team chaining el dorados would crush some of these modes instantly.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Best of 5, cycle through different game modes (all one match, no resetting or round restarts when a new mode begins).

Turf War - basically command with no captain
King of the Hill - One area of the map needs be captured, like in command, but it moves every so often.
Marked man - points for killing specific player on enemy team, while needing defend yours
Treasure Hunter - Is one idol, no capture point, you earn points by just carrying it.
Chain Reaction - Capture areas of the map like in command, but in a specific order, enemy in reverse order. 5 areas.

Damn, this sounds very fun, kinda like Warzone in KZ. What a shame it isn't implemented in UC4.

Uploaded my latest multiplayer video focusing on the Mettler and Mazur. Both weapons I feel are great to use even with the new inclusion of the Summer DLC weapons (although I also like using the P90). A little sad the Mettler got a small nerf but oh well.

Anyways here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVB3mr882uk

Hoping some new modes drop soon as I feel with the new "Skill Based" Matchmaking in use the multiplayer feels more stagnant and needs something fresh.

Adding new modes won't fix SBMM-related problems. If anything, it's gonna become worse...

That's true, I wonder if ND have changes in the pipeline or they envisioned the multiplayer with this matchmaking in mind.

Being honest I'm not a massive fan of it and would prefer the old matchmaking.

Mettler needs a bigger nerf, snipers too, if they not gonna sort out the shitty lag then it needs be factored into balancing, getting hit by all bullets at once when in cover, or headshotted when in cover and downed is not balanced. At least with AK, P90 etc you need take damage first before getting into cover for the in-cover bullets to down you.

Mettler needs a bigger nerf, snipers too, if they not gonna sort out the shitty lag then it needs be factored into balancing, getting hit but all bullets at once when in cover, or headshotted when in cover and downed is not balanced. At least with AK, P90 etc you need take damage first before getting into cover for the in-cover bullets to down you.
They should also nerf the FAL, lol.

Still waiting for an official response... they know what kills people behind walls. It's up to them to fix it.

They should also nerf the FAL, lol.

Still waiting for an official response... they know what kills people behind walls. It's up to them to fix it.

That's true, I wonder if ND have changes in the pipeline or they envisioned the multiplayer with this matchmaking in mind.

Being honest I'm not a massive fan of it and would prefer the old matchmaking.

I cannot see this game having much of a community after the holiday titles release. Matcmaking is bad now? Just wait until the new wave of MP games hits and community shrinks. No season pass DLC to make people stick about and get their money's worth either (aside from Triple pack buyers, but that's gone and I think they've realised after the first pack that they are getting crap anyway.

I cannot see this game having much of a community after the holiday titles release. Matcmaking is bad now? Just wait until the new wave of MP games hits and community shrinks. No season pass DLC to make people stick about and get their money's worth either (aside from Triple pack buyers, but that's gone and I think they've realised after the first pack that they are getting crap anyway.

Yeah being honest once things like Battlefield 1 drop I may find it hard to find a reason to boot up the multiplayer but hopefully ND provides a reason.

What do you mean by season pass DLC? Map packs? Despite the huge grinding and the overpriced vanity items in this game, I still don't want paid map packs.

The roadmap is enough for me to keep playing this until 2017-2018, but I agree with you that the vast majority of the pool will be depleted by then. ND will never be able to compete with the likes of CoD/BF, no matter how much Cogburn tries hard about it.

That's why they're gonna release a F2P client when they deem it necessary... it just makes sense.

What do you mean by season pass DLC? Map packs? Despite the huge grinding and the overpriced vanity items in this game, I still don't want paid map packs.

The roadmap is enough for me to keep playing this until 2017-2018, but I agree with you that the vast majority of the pool will be depleted by then. ND will never be able to compete with the likes of CoD/BF, no matter how much Cogburn tries hard about it.

If CoD/BF had UC4 lag nobody would play them. Is the number one thing ND need sort out. Map pack system is better than this shitshow.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The only difference is that with map packs, you got more than 1 map since people paid for it upfront compared to how this is going. However, I'll take free maps over paid maps any day of the week because they'll always be in the main map rotation and won't segregate the player pool. UC3 and UC2 had great DLC maps, but you weren't able to play on them in other modes years after they came out which sucks. At least with UC4 since they're free and a mandatory download, I'll be able to find matches in the new maps in every mode years after the game is out.

That was just NDs shit method of doing map packs, actively blocking people from playing maps that they paid for until they came into rotation weeks later, at which point they block the previously playable ones. Even when the maps went free it had the problem.

Other games don't have such a problem.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
They went free, but they were an optional download and not a forced download. If they forced everyone to download the maps when they were made free, there wouldn't need to be a DLC toggle in UC3.

They went free, but they were an optional download and not a forced download. If they forced everyone to download the maps when they were made free, there wouldn't need to be a DLC toggle in UC3.

Instead of letting everyone with all maps play together, those without play together, and those with specific ones play together, they tried forcing the community into small groups by rotating only one active map pack in at a time, resulting in people who didn't fall into what was in rotation to get effectively blocked and need disable DLC, plus those with all maps unable to play the other maps.

The problem was 100% created by ND.

Instead of letting everyone with all maps play together, those without play together, and those with specific ones play together, they tried forcing the community into small groups by rotating only one active map pack in at a time, resulting in people who didn't fall into what was in rotation to get effectively blocked and need disable DLC, plus those with all maps unable to play the other maps.

The problem was 100% created by ND.
LOL, I still remember Eric Monacelli trying to defend this mess...

There are many ways to tackle this issue:

http://www.slashgear.com/new-doom-dlc-multiplayer-maps-can-be-played-for-free-30450124/

"Fortunately, with Unto the Evil, Id has come up with a clever solution that will especially benefit groups of friends who like to play together. With Doom's PartyPlay feature, as long as one person in the group has purchased the DLC, all the others will be able to play on those new maps as well.

Not only does this help to address a splintered player base, but it could attract more players to purchase the DLC who originally weren't planning to. PartyPlay basically lets players try out the new maps before they buy — after all, if that one friend who owns the DLC isn't online and you want to play those maps, you're out of luck."

Elegant solution for parties, but not so cool for solo players...

I'll still take the free & mandatory route though... ND did at least one thing right in this MP. Let's not change their minds. ;)

Teknoman

Funny thing is when after a good game, you congratulate the other team of a good game (which they lost but I did not use a sarcastic tone, I was actually legit telling them it was a well played game vs a party team). One of the guys from the other team told me to lick his asshole. At that point, I told him I was trying to be nice but OK, I'm about to destroy him. So his team decided to join in and said that they all will be looking to target me. So after soo much crap-talking, the game started:

UNcharted.jpg

After the game was over the entire party left before I could say something. Feels soo good!!!

Also, I noticed that after 12:00 midnight, the level of play rises exponentially. All the elites bad-asses log in. I've seen some things that I thought was not possible. Of course I feel like crap at work, but I haven't had this much fun since Uncharted 4 beta late at night.

I gotta get into U4 MP soon. Its been long enough since I beat the game...but i'm surprised that you ran into people in a party but not in party chat.

TripOpt55

Well, I came back to this yesterday and had a good time for the first time since they switched the matchmaking. It was still frustrating at times, but you can definitely feel the positive effects from the Cintimani and Indra tweaks. I had to tweak my own loadout (I was an Indra abuser!), but I settled back on something I liked. Got rid of the slow-mo mod. Started spending my early cash on upgrading grenades and then I go to regular Indras after that. Worked pretty well for me. Freed up some loadout points in the process to use on an extra booster.

stryke

Is anyone else having trouble staying connected to a game? I'm not having much problems but a friend i was playing with just got booted 4 matches in a row.

WinFonda

so like, the game balance right now is pretty good, and they seem to be steadily making the correct changes in that regard...

but come on.. these 3 modes have stretched the game so thin...

we need team objective and we need it now :(

Foxxsoxx

so like, the game balance right now is pretty good, and they seem to be steadily making the correct changes in that regard...

but come on.. these 3 modes have stretched the game so thin...

we need team objective and we need it now :(

Yeah I love the game but I can't really play it more than an hour these days. It really needs to new maps/modes and I would hope old mechanics return like stealth kills and melee finishers, balanced around how the game is now of course.

So I made it to master rank, thanks to the help from an assortment of people, including Everlong, Wowbagger, Techmemphis, Baird and countless others that jumped into the party at some point or another. It wasn't exactly difficult, it just took quite a bit of time, and I haven't had too much time since I have been busy with my course, and currently moving house also. Still, I'm pleased with the hats, and we'll all be getting the ranked dab taunt at the end of the season too.

If anyone is interested in getting master themselves, if you have a KO/Down/Death ratio above 3.0, you will make it to master and once you are master, if you play with a team who are beyond 3.0, your master rank will increase indefinitely. Generally speaking, you won't lose, there are only a small handful of teams out there capable of challenging a full team of master players, and many of them will just back out before the match begins because they will not want to risk their master rank.

That brings me to the primary flaw of the games ranked system, to be honest. The fact that you can see your opponents names, and the number of them that join in, and then decide to leave causes many people to quit matches before they've even begun. I didn't even think about what was happening till a friend said he normally 'avoids parties' by backing out, and it also makes it harder for anyone that doesn't do this, as the mediocre and bad parties automatically filter themselves out when they see your team, and the only teams left are the capable and confident teams that are typically, much better players than those that shy away from the match every time they see a party of five.

It's messed up, if ND want the ranking system to mean anything they need to revise the master ranking system (it's garbage, getting S ranks and still receiving 5 points, losing 70+ on a loss) and ensure that people see who they're up against before the match has already been arranged, so that they can't leave before the match begins.

I gotta get into U4 MP soon. Its been long enough since I beat the game...but i'm surprised that you ran into people in a party but not in party chat.

There are a lot of people in this game that use in-game chat despite being in a party. Often see regular teams of 5 (as in, people who are teamed up together with the same people, frequently) who use the in-game mic system.

I guess they don't care for audio quality. Maybe it's because they're only a party of 4 not 5, so they use in-game to speak to the other team mate.

WinFonda

Yeah I love the game but I can't really play it more than an hour these days. It really needs to new maps/modes and I would hope old mechanics return like stealth kills and melee finishers, balanced around how the game is now of course.
Same.

I'm hoping for the next update we get 2 new maps and a mode, or 2 modes and a map. Might sound greedy but the game needs a major content boost; especially to compete with new games coming out in the fall.

It's messed up, if ND want the ranking system to mean anything they need to revise the master ranking system (it's garbage, getting S ranks and still receiving 5 points, losing 70+ on a loss) and ensure that people see who they're up against before the match has already been arranged, so that they can't leave before the match begins.

They said they are changing it so you can't back out, at least not as easily. You can always close the game before it starts I guess.

There are a lot of people in this game that use in-game chat despite being in a party. Often see regular teams of 5 (as in, people who are teamed up together with the same people, frequently) who use the in-game mic system.

I guess they don't care for audio quality. Maybe it's because they're only a party of 4 not 5, so they use in-game to speak to the other team mate.

It's probably an issue with NAT settings, sometimes when in a party a message will pop up about NAT settings, then someone will not hear certain others in the party, or only be heard by some others, so switch to in-game priority where it doesn't seem to ever happen. I've been in parties for several games that have needed do this.

I guess when we've partied up everyone had their settings sorted properly.

It's probably an issue with NAT settings, sometimes when in a party a message will pop up about NAT settings, then someone will not hear certain others in the party, or only be heard by some others, so switch to in-game priority where it doesn't seem to ever happen. I've been in parties for several games that have needed do this.

I guess when we've partied up everyone had their settings sorted properly.

I think it's a number of factors rather than one sole reason for all teams

• Wanting to talk to non-party allies
  • Wanting to trash talk enemies
  • Wanting to escape party related networking issues
  • Being ignorant to the benefits of party chat

Either way, like I say it's pretty common. I'm usually in a party in ranked though so I don't hear what they're saying.

They said they are changing it so you can't back out, at least not as easily. You can always close the game before it starts I guess.

Yeah we've had quite a few people close the game during the intro, and a lot of people I've had to say 'these guys won't play us' because of how frequently I've seen them back out before.

We didn't have the most amazing team but rather a reasonably solid all around team, some of the better teams gave us trouble, but we did manage to win quite a few matches against 5 master hats and whatnot, so it wasn't so bad. The only thing I used the manual lobby filtering for is not playing with someone that we had recently lost to. Early on in the rankings I made the mistake of playing the same players 2 or 3 times without even thinking about dropping out of the matchmaking. It feels pretty crappy to lose to the same team more than once in succession, and I think it can lead to some unfair failed qualifiers etc. because it makes sense that they are supposed to be based off of playing different teams, not the same team several times in a row.

A big issue is that there is no incentive to play a team that is higher ranked / better than you. It tells you that they are favoured to win but offers no compensation for the missmatched matchmaking if you lose. If you beat a team you are expected to win then it should give you 5 less points, and if you beat a team that is expected to beat you, you should get 5 more, something like that.

So I made it to master rank, thanks to the help from an assortment of people, including Everlong, Wowbagger, Techmemphis, Baird and countless others that jumped into the party at some point or another. It wasn't exactly difficult, it just took quite a bit of time, and I haven't had too much time since I have been busy with my course, and currently moving house also. Still, I'm pleased with the hats, and we'll all be getting the ranked dab taunt at the end of the season too.

If anyone is interested in getting master themselves, if you have a KO/Down/Death ratio above 3.0, you will make it to master and once you are master, if you play with a team who are beyond 3.0, your master rank will increase indefinitely. Generally speaking, you won't lose, there are only a small handful of teams out there capable of challenging a full team of master players, and many of them will just back out before the match begins because they will not want to risk their master rank.

That brings me to the primary flaw of the games ranked system, to be honest. The fact that you can see your opponents names, and the number of them that join in, and then decide to leave causes many people to quit matches before they've even begun. I didn't even think about what was happening till a friend said he normally 'avoids parties' by backing out, and it also makes it harder for anyone that doesn't do this, as the mediocre and bad parties automatically filter themselves out when they see your team, and the only teams left are the capable and confident teams that are typically, much better players than those that shy away from the match every time they see a party of five.

They said they're gonna fix this, but what about parties of 5 from other continents thanks to SBMM? Frankly, who's gonna stay in those matches?

I guess punishing "close app" will be the next fix after that and then guess what will happen... most people will go back to regular TDM (or Command or Plunder), which will decrease the Ranked pool quite a bit and we all know what that means.

Same.

I'm hoping for the next update we get 2 new maps and a mode, or 2 modes and a map. Might sound greedy but the game needs a major content boost; especially to compete with new games coming out in the fall.

Yeah the game is in dire need of some content. It's fun but this isn't Uncharted MP content wise. I miss running through several different playlists, coop all at once.

Josh378

Thanks to the sunken Palace I think we need underwater mines because people are abusing the heck out of that map. Or at least make our trip mines upgrade until 3 to do under water damage.

The new patch balanced out everything. People used to abuse but slow ability but now it's being used sparingly without abuse. Even against a party they're not going to throw out they're slow abilities without thinking twice about it.

N.Domixis

Banned
Wow I just tried the mp34A with strafe and I was constantly getting 20+ kills 1-3 deaths. People can't aim.

However, I prefer my silenced metler, even though I don't do as good with it. I love long range battles.

Top Bottom