• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

They said they're gonna fix this, but what about parties of 5 from other continents thanks to SBMM? Frankly, who's gonna stay in those matches?

I guess punishing "close app" will be the next fix after that and then guess what will happen... most people will go back to regular TDM (or Command or Plunder), which will decrease the Ranked pool quite a bit and we all know what that means.

Well they need to sort the MM out generally. We shouldn't have to worry about being matched against people from China, but I do. I have to watch the bars and back out if they're 2.

Heck, even a 3 bar on this game seems to mean they could be anywhere up to 400ms or so in latency. 2 bars signal white plugs, skating, teleporting, downed killing, the potential onset of all sorts of glitches, and generally a match that is completely and utterly unplayable. You should never be matched with 2 bars.

Nev

Banned
They should remove Remnants and Pirate Colony from the game and replace them with other maps, and I'm being totally serious. They make me want to close the game.

They're absolute trash and are making me want to stop playing this game, especially Remnants. I can't stand that piece of crap.

They should remove Remnants and Pirate Colony from the game and replace them with other maps, and I'm being totally serious. They make me want to close the game.

They're absolute trash and are making me want to stop playing this game, especially Remnants. I can't stand that piece of crap.

Remnants is the worst map in the game. The spawns are awful. You spawn a good 100 feet away from your allies, with enemies between you. Horrendous for TDM. It also has a possibility of crashing while in the caves, and the framerate can drop horrendously, also while in the caves.

I think it might be fun in plunder but I don't play that mode on this iteration. Either way, the map is garbage because of its technical issues alone. Got a loss penalty in ranked TDM on remnants because it crashed when we were at 31-10 (my team winning). Shouldn't be in rotation.

I'm quite fond of Pirate Colony though, what do you hate about it?

Well they need to sort the MM out generally. We shouldn't have to worry about being matched against people from China, but I do. I have to watch the bars and back out if they're 2.

Heck, even a 3 bar on this game seems to mean they could be anywhere up to 400ms or so in latency. 2 bars signal white plugs, skating, teleporting, downed killing, the potential onset of all sorts of glitches, and generally a match that is completely and utterly unplayable. You should never be matched with 2 bars.
Yeah, lag and fixing app crashes (dat penalty) should be a priority.

Regarding framerate issues, I'm not sure if they can do anything about it. This game seems to be as optimized as it gets on the OG PS4. Maybe PS4 Neo could help, who knows...

Are there any official fps measurements for Remnants?

Yeah, lag and fixing app crashes (dat penalty) should be a priority.

Regarding framerate issues, I'm not sure if they can do anything about it. This game seems to be as optimized as it gets on the OG PS4. Maybe PS4 Neo could help, who knows...

Are there any official fps measurements for Remnants?

I don't think so, but the issues are very specific to certain areas of the caves, so they could probably remedy them by removing some element of the visual effects that perhaps cause those performance issues. Not sure if it's lighting, reflections, or something like that, but the framerate can die to an extent far beyond what I've seen on other maps.

I think it might also be what causes the crashes on remnants, because they also happen when I am in the caves. The last two crashes I experienced on remnants occurred when I threw an indra in a the cave. Not sure if the events are related.

Josh378

Wow I just tried the mp34A with strafe and I was constantly getting 20+ kills 1-3 deaths. People can't aim.

However, I prefer my silenced metler, even though I don't do as good with it. I love long range battles.

Yea, same here but it got boring eventually. At some point you want to go another direction with another gun.

Nev

Banned
I'm quite fond of Pirate Colony though, what do you hate about it?

Extremely convoluted, weird, nonsensical layout. I think it could've been one of the best maps -visuals and setting are nice, some ideas like the ship and the rain are cool- but as it turned out, the best definition is mess.

Josh378

Extremely convoluted, weird, nonsensical layout. I think it could've been one of the best maps -visuals and setting are nice, some ideas like the ship and the rain are cool- but as it turned out, the best definition is mess.

Yea, I said that at first, but I realized that I had to make a certain build to work with that map. I'm not saying that the map is acceptable, because I still don't like it's design. But it's tolerable seeing that's the map I always seems to get all the time.

Rajang

Not a fan of that map either. The only map I dislike even more is Remnants.

Aaaaaand I'm done with this game.

2000 relics for ONE shitty paletteswap skin? Go fuck yourselves, ND.

I'll check out co-op whenever they release it just to see how they'll fuck that up too.

Never before have I played a MP that got continually worse with each installment and iteration. Congrats on being kings of Shitopia ND, long may you reign.

Drencrom

I'll check out co-op whenever they release it just to see how they'll fuck that up too.

Never before have I played a MP that got continually worse with each installment and iteration. Congrats on being kings of Shitopia ND, long may you reign.

Yeah, the DLC chests are seriously fucked relic cost-wise.

I just recently unlocked all the gameplay DLC items through the chests and I'm not sure if I'm even gonna bother spending my relics on the DLC vanity chests now as I bought the skins I wanted with the Uncharted Coins I got with the Explorer's pack. Better to just wait for the next DLC update and spend my relics on the new DLC instead lol.

I've hit the relic cap, so I may just not play until the next gameplay DLC comes out. I mean, I could probably log on, do the challenge, and purchase a hero weapon every other day or so, but I don't really see the point. The sad thing is I'll only end up with half of the gameplay dlc that first day because of how shitty the relic cap is.

Not playing the single-player DLC? That's un-American! We know it's gonna be great.

Yeah, honestly, I'm getting pretty close to just giving up. I realized yesterday that I wasn't really playing it for fun, but more to knock out the three challenges I had. I'm not even sure why I'm wasting time trying to stockpile relics, as the crap that you get from spending them is pretty underwhelming and overall not worth the time that it takes to unlock them.

This multiplayer was fun when it launched, but through unbalanced updates and that horrible skill-based matchmaking it's quickly dying. I haven't had a decent match with balanced teams in a week or so -- it's either easy-street steamrolling, or an impossible-to-win, carry-your-team uphill battle.

Really a shame -- I loved the beta, and I loved this around launch, but it's getting progressively worse as time goes on.

Drencrom

What do you guys mean when you say the game is getting "worse with time" besides the new matchmaking? (which I haven't had a problem with the past play sessions I had)

Man, they need to release team objective quick

If it's not coming, Im off this game too. I enjoy it,I really do, but Rainbow 6 is my shooter of choice, and with titanfall and battlefield coming, Im ready to move on

SDR-UK

Man, they need to release team objective quick

If it's not coming, Im off this game too. I enjoy it,I really do, but Rainbow 6 is my shooter of choice, and with titanfall and battlefield coming, Im ready to move on

What are you and everyone else expecting from Team Objective? Command essentially fits the bill in a concise manner and I truly believe ND see that as the Objective Mode.

What are you and everyone else expecting from Team Objective? Command essentially fits the bill in a concise manner and I truly believe ND see that as the Objective Mode.
TO offered more modes/variety. Command is a poor man's TO with some welfare thrown in.

AKyemeni

Finally finished all hero weapons yesterday. Now, I got everything unlocked. Waiting for ND now to release stuff as I hoard all my relics.

Not playing the single-player DLC? That's un-American! We know it's gonna be great.

It'll probably be £12/$15 like Left Behind and be equally lacking in content and length.

Frankly they can ditch Command when TO releases. Turf War and Marked Man are everything Command provides.

It depends. Some people didn't like Left Behind.

Nothing has universal appeal, not even food or sex lol. But the overwhelming majority liked Left Behind.

Finally finished all hero weapons yesterday. Now, I got everything unlocked. Waiting for ND now to release stuff as I hoard all my relics.

Why hoard relics when you can just casually buy more NDP you reckless fool?!

It'll probably be £12/$15 like Left Behind and be equally lacking in content and length.

Quality > quantity, every time.

AKyemeni

Nothing has universal appeal, not even food or sex lol. But the overwhelming majority liked Left Behind.

Why hoard relics when you can just casually buy more NDP you reckless fool?!

Quality > quantity, every time.
You can't buy hero weapons with UP.

And too bad Left Behind had neither.

Grinchy

Banned
I enjoyed Left Behind, but I got it free for some reason. I don't know if it was a Plus thing or if it just came with the PS4 version. I can't say how I'd feel if I had paid $15.

I won't be getting this game's DLC unless it is standalone. I already sold my copy after the MP got shitty.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Command wishes it was even HALF as good as Team Objective. I doubt ND sees that mode as the only true objective mode because in it's current state, it's pretty mediocre.

Command is basically merry go round and it's the worst part about it. It plays nothing like team obj whatsoever.

In team objective in case you forgot had:

Chain reaction - capture five zones in order 1-5 with all 5 zones using the entire map

Turf War - maintain control of zones (I believe it was 3), which is basically what command tries to be, but fails.

King of the Hill - capture one hill and remain inside to score points. The more people that were inside the hill, the more points you'd get.

Marked Man - kill the enemy VIP 3 times to win the round, which is sorta like the awful captain system in command only better.

Treasure Hunter - hold the idol to score points (up to 300) to win the round.

Deathmatch - whichever team kills the most wins the round.

Best 3 out of 3 would win a team Objective match and let me tell you, it was incredible. Best mode uncharted MP has ever had. it's where IMO true skill came into play for UC3. One of the best parts about the mode is that since the objectives were scattered throughout the whole map, every part of the map was used which was great. There weren't any empty abandoned spots where you'd find no activity like you would in other modes like TDM.

writing about it makes me miss it so fucking much.

Almost all of this stuff doesn't work with Mysticals/Sidekicks added into the mix. If they don't want to have modes without them, which they've said they don't, then I don't see how they can add these modes with the current game/map structure.
Well, maybe it could work in a 4v4 setup, just like Plunder.

If Command is ND's "vision"™ about the "definitive" objective mode, then it's a pretty poor one at that...

They're basically saying "Mate"... because it rhymes with China plate.

It's a weirdass rhyming slang.

The construction of rhyming slang involves replacing a common word with a phrase of two or three words, the last of which rhymes with the original word; then, in almost all cases, it involves omitting, from the end of the phrase, the secondary rhyming word (which is thereafter implied), in a process called hemiteleia, making the origin and meaning of the phrase elusive to listeners not in the know.

One example is replacing the word "stairs" with the rhyming phrase "apples and pears". Following the pattern of omission, "and pears" is dropped, thus the spoken phrase "I'm going up the apples" means "I'm going up the stairs".

I don't think they view Overwatch (or COD or Destiny) as competition. By the literal definition they are, but there's very few single-platform casual TPS to compare Uncharted to.
Some people have started playing Overwatch instead of UC4 MP. Regarding single-platform casual TPS, there's Splatoon...

Btw, today I saw some crazy shit... mid-match 3 people in my team lost their bars (WTF? NAT 3 all of a sudden?), another one was kicked from the enemy team and I saw the white plug for a couple of seconds (I guess I lost connectivity to the host during host migration, since my ping was fine).

ps: My NAT is Open according to CoD & AC MP. ND should add a NAT indicator in UC4 MP.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748474858

Since we know that not all internet connections are equal, we’ve also added in tech that will automatically and adaptively scale down your update rate if we find your connection can't keep up. Similarly, because high bandwidth servers (as the name suggests) will increase your bandwidth consumption, we’re also looking to add an option to self-limit your update rate in a future patch.

ND really got no excuse.

Top Bottom