• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Drencrom

We won't be getting the promised new gamemode with the last summer update apparently according to a ND MP dev...

https://twitter.com/QTrainCobb/status/770423497055170562

https://twitter.com/QTrainCobb/status/770475454427983872

So yeah, they are already behind the roadmap... hopefully they have something else to compensate it, seems like so going by the last tweet ("All will be explained tomorrow.")

Good, i'm dying to know what i can spend my 10k relics on.

Don't forget that you will be awarded relics based on your rank in Ranked TDM so make sure to have room for them.

We won't be getting the promised new gamemode with the last summer update apparently according to a ND MP dev...

So yeah, they are already behind the roadmap... hopefully they have something else to compensate it, seems like so going by the last tweet ("All will be explained tomorrow.")

Don't forget that you will be awarded relics based on your rank in Ranked TDM so make sure to have room for them.
Oh boy. Three months on and no new modes?? Smh

I guess that will give me a good excuse to finish some SP games.

Thanks, i'll keep that in mind, but wasn't that just for pre-season, when they didn't have any ranked rewards yet? Do you know how high the rewards were per rank last time?

It was 500 relics as long as you were anywhere in Diamond and I'm 99% sure that was replaced with the hats/taunt.

Well hats / taunts were earnable mid season. It stands to reason that their may be a small reward based on your final standing too, and I think relics would be appropriate.

Let's just wait and see.

Well hats / taunts were earnable mid season. It stands to reason that their may be a small reward based on your final standing too, and I think relics would be appropriate.

Let's just wait and see.

Do you know in how many hours the season will reset? I'd like to see what they have in store before spending too much of my saved relics in anticipation of a ranked reward.

Drencrom

They can't even get the stream out in time smh

For real though, I want them to explain why they don't have the new game mode ready.

Do you know in how many hours the season will reset? I'd like to see what they have in store before spending too much of my saved relics in anticipation of a ranked reward.

Afraid not. Been travelling to my interview today, can't get back on UC until the weekend.

Interesting, he also suggests that this map was developed based on twitter feedback regarding which other maps people liked?

Welll. There goes my interest. Was really hoping for Team Objective. So tired of TDM, and Command, and Plunder is just...eh.

When is the stream up? I thought it was supposed to start 15 min ago

Drencrom

I just love that they announce this 15 minutes after the stream was supposed to go live.

Brilliant, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual update get's postponed at this point.

Wait...new date? It's not going to happen today at all?

Lmao.

Just release the map video. I bet this doesnt even get released tomorrow either.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
A delay. Really? Man, this company. At least they can do a written summary of what's new in this patch of something.

Rated-G

New weapons, new mystical, something about less relics for chests

Also that this New Devon map is supposed to be the biggest one yet with lots of outdoor space and elevated areas as well as indoor areas and such. I may be reading it wrong but it sounds like you may also be able to win Vanity DLC stuff by winning matches now? They mention being able to get more relics from wins instead of just challenges. Either way they mention some sort of chest that will allow you to get Vanity items for much cheaper than they would cost if you bought them specifically. Not sure if they're referring to relics or Uncharted Points there.

A sale starts September 2nd for 33% off stuff? I'm assuming it's a Points sale and not relics. The last paragraph still makes mention of a new game mode coming with the update in September with this new map and content. No specific date given.

New weapons, new mystical, something about less relics for chests

No new weapons or mystical, that first paragraph is talking about the last update, which it incorretly states has been released a month ago.

New update:

- New Devon map (one of their biggest maps so far, wide open exteriors with vantage points for long range combat, as well as some narrow hallways for those who prefer close combat).

- More changes and improvements to the mp, like more ways of earning relics (win and completion bonuses, doesn't specifiy what changed about the former).

- They added the premium skins and presets to the 2k relic chests (at least i assume that's what is being referred to as "prestige" chests), so people will have a chance of unlocking them at a lower cost.

- Changes to ranked scoring system and new rewards (which we knew about since last week).

- Another update due in September, including another map, a new game mode, new vanity items and more.

- There will be a sale this friday, 33-37% off on relic chests.

Rated-G

Interested in seeing the change list. I want to see if they fixed that issue where you can't take cover from time to time.

If they fix that, and the issue I've been having where my gun sometimes doesn't fire, I might come back for more than just my dailies. I usually would just play Uncharted co-op anyway but I'm still waiting on that and hoping it's worth playing as much as I did the other two games.

Let's just wait and see.

The taunt doesn't unlock until the season is over, similar to when the relics were handed out last time. I'll gladly take relics, but I'm not expecting them. I would actually love to be able to trade my Master hat (and all others) for enough relics to unlock all the DLC chests for Season 1.

Interested in seeing the change list. I want to see if they fixed that issue where you can't take cover from time to time.

All men dream, but not equally.

Drencrom

No, that paragraph is talking about the last update, which it incorretly tsates has been released a month ago.

New update:

- New Devon map (one of their biggest maps so far, wide open areas with vantage points for long range combat, as well as some narrow hallways for those who prefer close combat).

- More changes and improvements to the mp, like more ways of earning relics (win and completion bonuses, doesn't specifiy what changed about the former).

- They added the premium skins and presets to the 2k chests, so people have a chance of unlocking them at a lower cost.

- Another update due in September, including another map, a new game mode and more vanity items.

- There will be a sale this friday, 33-37% off on relic chests.

Nice, thanks for the summary

I'm guessing it'll be Village.

Yemen would be too many new assets. Great map though.

Village would be cool too, one of my favorites in U2.

Edit: Village it is. OK, but i wish we would have gotten one of the two aforementioned maps, just because we're lacking vertical maps in U4.

Is the stream archived? I missed the beginning 10-15 minutes.

Edit2: Nevermind, found it.

Patch Notes
Ranked Season 2 has started!

New ranked rewards added:
• Gold / Platinum / Diamond / Master Bandanas

Individual performance has a bigger effect:
• Top Performer bonus replaced with Performance Grade for all players
• The amount of bonus points is based on your performance in the match compared to the average in your rank
• A strong performance can almost fully offset the points lost from a loss in most ranks

Party members share performance of the party:
• Performance of all players in the party is averaged to determine the bonus Rank Points that the whole party receives

Faster ranking up:
• Requirements to advance to qualifiers were reduced (Previously some ranks required >100 Rank Points, now all require 100 except Apprentice, which is 50)

Easier to pass qualifiers:
• Previously passing required winning best 2 out of 3 matches, now requires 1 out of 3 (Bronze), or 2 out of 5 (Silver).

Easier to get back into qualifiers:
• Failing qualifiers now sets you back to 90% of the previous rank (was 60 – 90%), so winning your next game will loop directly back into qualifiers

Other changes:
• Max rank achieved through initial placement matches is now Gold III (was Silver III)
• Ties no longer award Rank Points to either team
Maps:
• New Devon

Economy changes:
• New 300UP Currency Pack (coming soon with a PlayStation®Store update)
• Added Match Completion bonus worth 10 Relics
• Winning a match now awards 20 Relics

Networking:
• Players can no longer late-join a match where 50% of the match score or time has elapsed (at the time match is found)
• Players can no longer late-join a match where the winning team is leading by more than 30% of the score limit
• Idle player kick timer reduced to 30 seconds

Menu Changes:
• New option allows the user to launch the game and be taken directly into Multiplayer
• You can now use |d_pad_l||d_pad_r| to select booster levels and weapon/sidekick/mystical mods, for faster loadout editing
• Global leaderboard now shows percentile in the format “Top x% of all players”
• You can now scroll to the top of the leaderboard by pressing |t|

Balance Changes:
• C4 does knockdown on all levels
• Grenade knockdown radius decreased
• Hold breath underwater time reduced
• Increased damage pass-through in water
• Increased distance that bullets travel in water

Bug Fixes:
• General level exploit fixes
• Fix to players not being able to take cover in certain situations
• Remnants level update to improve performance
• Camera Control options “Acceleration Speed” and “Ramp Power Scale” will now Reset to Defaults properly
• Friend’s List performance and update improvements
• Fix to mystical/sidekick mod loadout exploit: switching to a loadout with a different sidekick / mystical mod will now wipe out any previously purchased mysticals / sidekicks
• Fixed multiple idol pick-up issues in Plunder
• Fixed bug with Combat Marking & Mark on Damage allowing Stealth users to become marked occasionally
• Late-Joiners can now properly melee a Brute
• Fixed a bug with throwing Mysticals while on a rope causing the player to re-throw the rope
• Fixed bug with Gifting booster not allowing to gift to certain players
• Fixed mystical throwing issue with alternate control scheme
• Fixed a bug where the host was unable to start custom games when clients were in a submenu
• Fixed a bug that prevented the Wrath of El Dorado from damaging enemies when the owner dies

Cheater reporting website is now up:
• If you see someone cheating, save a video of it and report them at: http://www.naughtydog.com/report
http://www.unchartedthegame.com/wiki/patch-1-12-033

Top Bottom